Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639292 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rehn(m): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Rehn: Doctors in the House, PLEASE i want to sell one of my kidney. Please any lead?
I need replies urgently. Somebody help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by brytandre(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hello doctor, please I have a growth in my left eye, it occupies an area between my sclera and iris. Its yellowish in colour. The left eye is always red and cannot withstand smoke or dust without causing severe pain. I've used several eye drops (as recommended by my optician) by the growth is still spreading. What do u recommend? Thanks

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
brytandre: Hello doctor, please I have a growth in my left eye, it occupies an area between my sclera and iris. Its yellowish in colour. The left eye is always red and cannot withstand smoke or dust without causing severe pain. I've used several eye drops (as recommended by my optician) by the growth is still spreading. What do u recommend? Thanks
see another Optician. Even an Opthalmologist's view is important. See one if you can
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
brytandre: Hello doctor, please I have a growth in my left eye, it occupies an area between my sclera and iris. Its yellowish in colour. The left eye is always red and cannot withstand smoke or dust without causing severe pain. I've used several eye drops (as recommended by my optician) by the growth is still spreading. What do u recommend? Thanks

The bump ( what you called 'growth' ) is called Pinguecula. Typically inflamed by exposure to dust, sun, wind. When it becomes inflamed( as evidenced by the redness and pain in your left eye) it becomes pingueculitis.

Typically presents as reddish painful eye that doesn't resolve on administration of antibiotic eye drop. This is because antibiotic kills bacteria but not inflammation.

Treatment of the pain and redness of pingueculitis is steroid eye drop. The steroid won't make the yellow bump(pinguecula) go away. It would remove the inflammation so you won't have the pain and redness.

The only way to remove it is surgical excision.

Meanwhile, see your ophthalmologist. And avoid sun rays. Your shades should come handy here.

PS: I love your history. Straight to the point and very helpful for instant diagnosis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by effico(m): 6:49am On Dec 26, 2013
Over 2years of joint and muscle aches. Is this indicative of Hiv?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jimmy84(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2013
pls Doctor i keep having pain on my mid right side back only, epcially when am sitting or laying down. I av taking pain relieve but to no avail. Pls need a help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by grandstar(m): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
doctor i am not feeling good at all. i visited a hospital but left quite disappointed by their treatment. which hospital will you recommend i visit for a good diagnosis. pls its urgent.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
jimmy84: pls Doctor i keep having pain on my mid right side back only, epcially when am sitting or laying down. I av taking pain relieve but to no avail. Pls need a help

For how long?
What pain relieve drugs did you take?

Meanwhile: You should adjust your posture- esp when sitting and lying down.
If you're overweight, work on reducing weight.
If you lift weights, try to apply correct ways to lift weights.
Try not to be inactive. Make an effort to always be on the move.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
effico: Over 2years of joint and muscle aches. Is this indicative of Hiv?

You need a laboratory test to know your HIV status.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
adexchamp: @ Lomaxx.....The blood doesn't mix with the stool it comes out by itself after stooling and its dark red,meanwhile the person doesn't strain to pass the stool..

That means you see it on the tissue paper after stooling and it is dark red, right?

Is this the first time it's happening or has it been recurrent?

How long has this been happening?

Is it painful when you stool?

Any pain around your anus independent of stooling?

Did you have difficulty in passing stool just before the bleeding started?

Do u pass stool frequently?

Any abdominal pain?

Have you noticed any change in your bowel habits, change in appetite, weight loss?

Have you been diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease before? Do u have "heartburn" ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adalinaabella: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
WOW! sounds great!

Thanks you dear for your great announcement. As a medical professional everyone should try to serve their best and serve as on least condition as they can.

This is really one of the fine act ever, if you are a medical professional smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by musty001: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
Just wanna wish all d `docs' in d house more power 2 u elbow`una 2much.....I'm glad i'm gonna b a doc.,its has always been ma dream.`abu,here i cum`
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adexchamp(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Its been happening for quite a while now and its recurrent,no pains when stooling and no pain in the anus area either,the is frequent abdominal pain and i've bin diagnosed with peptic ulcer before,i was on medication of omeprazole and some other drugs but the chest pain won't go..!!!
lomaxx:

That means you see it on the tissue paper after stooling and it is dark red, right?

Is this the first time it's happening or has it been recurrent?

How long has this been happening?

Is it painful when you stool?

Any pain around your anus independent of stooling?

Did you have difficulty in passing stool just before the bleeding started?

Do u pass stool frequently?

Any abdominal pain?

Have you noticed any change in your bowel habits, change in appetite, weight loss?

Have you been diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease before? Do u have "heartburn" ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
adexchamp: Its been happening for quite a while now and its recurrent,no pains when stooling and no pain in the anus area either,the is frequent abdominal pain and i've bin diagnosed with peptic ulcer before,i was on medication of omeprazole and some other drugs but the chest pain won't go..!!!

What medication were you on? For how long now?

How consistent were you with your drugs?

You may need to see your doctor again. The blood you see in your stool is a complication of the peptic ulcer disease you were diagnosed with. I think you should act fast.

Meanwhile, if you take alcohol, it would be best to stop for now. Also stop the use of painkillers like diclofenac, ibuprofen, and other NSAIDS. Don't eat peppery food.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 27, 2013
I have this rashes on my hand..... they don't seem to be on the surface they are internal... ...what do I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by titaniumm(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by titaniumm(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
Doctors in the house please i have a problem pertaining to pubertal growth and development .And please don't mind my long epistle i badly need your advise
The first embarassing problem is that am a 17+ guy i can't emit[ejaculate] willingly the only time i emitted was a wetdream i had for the first time at 16+ i had like 2 others after it and thats all.please is this normal or what?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by titaniumm(m): 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Secondly am quite short for a guy of my age am 5ft5.5" my dad is 5'8(although my feet are larger than his but my hands are smaller) all my dad siblings are not less than 5'7 even the females all his brother are 5'11" and above. my mum is the same height as i am although she was taller at my age and her brothers are in the 5'10-6ft range .I have two sisters one is barely 12years and 5'5+ the other is 5'5 at 20 .my question is that can i still have growth spurt at this age or will grow for a longer period of time like till 22 is this normal because as a child till the of age 5 i was well above average height but i dropped percentile at 6years . I also had asthma at 10. Throughout my developmental years(13-16) i grew an inch per year 1.5 inch at most .
[Also am quite hairy i'have got ,beard,moustache but no side beard nor chest ,if it matters but am from a very hairy lineage]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
*titaniumm*:

You have no problem. Concentrate on other stuff. Things will fall in place when they will.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hi doctors,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
purpleproperty: Hi doctors,

I am a twenty eight year old female and I have had this lump on the back of my head since I was abt eight. It started after I got cut by clippers at a barbers shop.

The lump has been growing slowly for a while but it is totally painless.

I am thinking of getting it removed but I wonder if it won't be risky. What are the dangers involved?

The "lump" is called a keloid. How do you want to remove it? My best guess is surgery. There are no inherent dangers - if there be any, it's very minimal(it's a local procedure).

It will also help you to know, that a good number of keloids are bound to re-occur after removal.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Cool83(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
pls doctor, i hav been using rifampicin, ethambutol,pyrizinamide, nd pyridoxine for more than 2 month,i read somwhere that d duration for taking ethambutol is 2 month my doctor said i would use d drugs for 9 months.any advise
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cool83: pls doctor, i hav been using rifampicin, ethambutol,pyrizinamide, nd pyridoxine for more than 2 month,i read somwhere that d duration for taking ethambutol is 2 month my doctor said i would use d drugs for 9 months.any advise

I suppose you have Tuberculosis. Believe me, your doctor knows better.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MissYuzedo(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by walex2bad(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
hi doc.. i had a blood test...through it, i discovered i had malaria nd thyphoid....bt d funy tin iz dat i am nt running temperature.. i only get terrible headaches nd head pressure asif my head was gonna blow, (it increases wen i am stressed out)....i hav taken drip nd currently on ciprofloxacin nd Artemef bt still no improvement.... do u tink d ailment is d one causing diz symptoms...i am really scared ryt nw.... I also get blurred vision wen diz happens..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ade205: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hi Doctor, i need ur advice on what to do regardin my body size.I'm 19 yrs old,i love havin cloth well fitted on me but my body size wouldn't let dis be.I seem to be reducing in size as some of my cloth that look a bit fit on me some months ago no longer fit me.I went to a Doctor to complain.The doctor recommended two tests for me -typhiod and HIV;i tested positive to typhiod which i treated with recommended drugs and negative to HIV.I have been taking one multivitamin capsule daily and i also deworm once in every three months and in all these i ensure i eat balance diet but no improvement. What should i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
ade205: Hi Doctor, i need ur advice on what to do regardin my body size.I'm 19 yrs old,i love havin cloth well fitted on me but my body size wouldn't let dis be.I seem to be reducing in size as some of my cloth that look a bit fit on me some months ago no longer fit me.I went to a Doctor to complain.The doctor recommended two tests for me -typhiod and HIV;i tested positive to typhiod which i treated with recommended drugs and negative to HIV.I have been taking one multivitamin capsule daily and i also deworm once in every three months and in all these i ensure i eat balance diet but no improvement. What should i do?

Did you measure your weight months ago?

What is your weight now?

PS: significant weight loss is a serious call for concern. If you seek advise on what to do as regards your "body size" , I'll say you should do the needful and allow nature take it's course. Eat well, take fruits, sleep well, relax and just breeze through life.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
walex2bad: hi doc.. i had a blood test...through it, i discovered i had malaria nd thyphoid....bt d funy tin iz dat i am nt running temperature.. i only get terrible headaches nd head pressure asif my head was gonna blow, (it increases wen i am stressed out)....i hav taken drip nd currently on ciprofloxacin nd Artemef bt still no improvement.... do u tink d ailment is d one causing diz symptoms...i am really scared ryt nw.... I also get blurred vision wen diz happens..

You may not have been symptomatic for malaria and/or typhoid. Malaria is endemic here so at one point or the other you should have a laboratory evidence of the disease(depending on parasite density in your blood).

Also, the foundation of the common lab test for typhoid fever(widal test) as a tool for diagnosis is still very debatable in medical science. So it's possible you don't have malaria and/or typhoid.

You have headaches especially when you're stressed out.

When did the headaches start?

How often does it come?

Does the headache have any pattern?

How long do they last?

With the headache episodes, do you have a feeling like you want to vomit? Or have you actually vomitted?

Do you tend to avoid light when the headache comes?

Apart from stress, what triggers your headaches?

What has relieved you since it begun?

Are you aware of any family member that has had wierd headaches?

Does the headaches stop you from doing anything? If yes, what?

Apart from Ciprofloxacin and ACTs, what other drugs have you taken?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2013
*titaniumm*:
Doctors in the house please i have a problem pertaining to pubertal growth and development .And please don't mind my long epistle i badly need your advise
The first embarassing problem is that am a 17+ guy i can't emit[ejaculate] willingly the only time i emitted was a wetdream i had for the first time at 16+ i had like 2 others after it and thats all.please is this normal or what?
*titaniumm*:
Secondly am quite short for a guy of my age am 5ft5.5" my dad is 5'8(although my feet are larger than his but my hands are smaller) all my dad siblings are not less than 5'7 even the females all his brother are 5'11" and above. my mum is the same height as i am although she was taller at my age and her brothers are in the 5'10-6ft range .I have two sisters one is barely 12years and 5'5+ the other is 5'5 at 20 .my question is that can i still have growth spurt at this age or will grow for a longer period of time like till 22 is this normal because as a child till the of age 5 i was well above average height but i dropped percentile at 6years . I also had asthma at 10. Throughout my developmental years(13-16) i grew an inch per year 1.5 inch at most .
[Also am quite hairy i'have got ,beard,moustache but no side beard nor chest ,if it matters but am from a very hairy lineage]
lolzz .....i'm the exact opposite of this ....... At age 13, i was 5ft 5.5., and i was "eruptin" alredi then grin ....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by walex2bad(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
lomaxx:

You may not have been symptomatic for malaria and/or typhoid. Malaria is endemic here so at one point or the other you should have a laboratory evidence of the disease(depending on parasite density in your blood).

Also, the foundation of the common lab test for typhoid fever(widal test) as a tool for diagnosis is still very debatable in medical science. So it's possible you don't have malaria and/or typhoid.

You have headaches especially when you're stressed out.

When did the headaches start?

How often does it come?

Does the headache have any pattern?

How long do they last?

With the headache episodes, do you have a feeling like you want to vomit? Or have you actually vomitted?

Do you tend to avoid light when the headache comes?

Apart from stress, what triggers your headaches?

What has relieved you since it begun?

Are you aware of any family member that has had wierd headaches?

Does the headaches stop you from doing anything? If yes, what?

Apart from Ciprofloxacin and ACTs, what other drugs have you taken?

Tanx doc.... it all started wen i got into d university, abt 3mnth ago....its nt really headache...it seems asif i hear my pulse in my head..asif my brain was floating in my head causing me to feel asif my head was disconnected frm my body wen i walk..I also clench my teeth, nd my eyes get realy sore asif its peeling...
It has lasted for sumtime nw.....bt i feel relieved wen i sleep, bt after being awake again, it starts..
I hav neva vomitted.... I avoid light @times, especially sunlight...i feel disoriented weneva am unda d sun... It triggers wen i go out of d house....lyk walking around..... I dnt tink i av eva gotten relieved... D drugs prescribed for me in d skul clinic den are; Amoxil, Stugeron nd bicomplex...bt still no improvement.... It's really interferring wit my life.....d once lively guy is nw a boring person....i dnt go out to visit frends again....Am no longer concentrating in klasses....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
walex2bad:

Tanx doc.... it all started wen i got into d university, abt 3mnth ago....its nt really headache...it seems asif i hear my pulse in my head..asif my brain was floating in my head causing me to feel asif my head was disconnected frm my body wen i walk..I also clench my teeth, nd my eyes get realy sore asif its peeling...
It has lasted for sumtime nw.....bt i feel relieved wen i sleep, bt after being awake again, it starts..
I hav neva vomitted.... I avoid light @times, especially sunlight...i feel disoriented weneva am unda d sun... It triggers wen i go out of d house....lyk walking around..... I dnt tink i av eva gotten relieved... D drugs prescribed for me in d skul clinic den are; Amoxil, Stugeron nd bicomplex...bt still no improvement.... It's really interferring wit my life.....d once lively guy is nw a boring person....i dnt go out to visit frends again....Am no longer concentrating in klasses....

I think you have Migraine headache.

What I'm more concerned about is why Stugeron was prescribed for you in your school clinic- when it's obviously anti-serotoninergic and vasodilatory in action (don't worry about this part).

You need to see another doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ade205: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
lomaxx:

Did you measure your weight months ago?

What is your weight now?

PS: significant weight loss is a serious call for concern. If you seek advise on what to do as regards your "body size" , I'll say you should do the needful and allow nature take it's course. Eat well, take fruits, sleep well, relax and just breeze through life.
i haven't b payin attention to my weight;i wil start doin so.Thanks for ur reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.