Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635104 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by UnknownT: 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

IS this sudden paralysis or gradual onset?

Nevertheless, take him/her to a primary care doctor and get a proper exam and referral to neurologist for a thorough neurological exam. .

Paralysis can be due to cerebrovascular accident (stroke), autoimmune disease, neurological disease like ALS, GBS, infectious like polio.

Point is; she needs some imaging probably MRI of her brain and spinal cord. Do this ASAP.

Good luck.
Thank you. Can taking expired drugs cause that? The person involved is a man, a pharmacist and diabetic which he manages by taking drugs. So when I called him this morning, he said that he found out that a drug he has been taken has expired. The nights he had that, he said he took the expired drugs. Last night, according to him, he slept and woke well without any issue since he has thrown away the drugs. Thanks once more
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
UnknownT:
Thank you. Can taking expired drugs cause that? The person involved is a man, a pharmacist and diabetic which he manages by taking drugs. So when I called him this morning, he said that he found out that a drug he has been taken has expired. The nights he had that, he said he took the expired drugs. Last night, according to him, he slept and woke well without any issue since he has thrown away the drugs. Thanks once more

Hm...expired drugs and paralysis. I don't know about that being the cause. But, ok.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Olatara:
I found out dat any time I go back to schl, I usually have rashes. It itchy until I use drugs like Fulcin.

Hm. that's an antifungal. A dermatophyte infection on that many area? Questionable. It's helping the itch, but it is not clearing it up? What is this rash like? Describe it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
@Xiadnat, first of all I want to thank you for the selfless help you render here. Doctors I know are always busy due to one Lymph Node Biopsy attention in the clinic or the other; it's a grace for us that you still have time for us. We should enjoy every bit of while it lasts, because by the time you become a consultant, you may not even hav the time to look at the mirror before you go out. That said, a brother has been experiencing feelings of full bowel for the past 5 days, but having difficulty in passing the stool, or may pass nothing at all. He complained of sputum retention along the trachea and slight headache. Pls, what should he do? Amoxyxilin and flagyl seem to be remedying it, but it doesn't last. The sputum is colourless, and only comes out by voluntary throat clearing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
StealthIdeals:
@Xiadnat, first of all I want to thank you for the selfless help you render here. Doctors I know are always busy due to one Lymph Node Biopsy attention in the clinic or the other; it's a grace for us that you still have time for us. We should enjoy every bit of while it lasts, because by the time you become a consultant, you may not even hav the time to look at the mirror before you go out. That said, a brother has been experiencing feelings of full bowel for the past 5 days, but having difficulty in passing the stool, or may pass nothing at all. He complained of sputum retention along the trachea and slight headache. Pls, what should he do? Amoxyxilin and flagyl seem to be remedying it, but it doesn't last. The sputum is colourless, and only comes out by voluntary throat clearing.

It sounds like you spoke too soon. I have been terribly busy for the last couple of days. I am still quite busy. But...

I hate to ignore this; so tell you what, how about I answer this in full when I get a proper time?

Thank you for your patience.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dammy1015: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2015
@Doctor in the House, please kindly enlight me on how to know if am ovulating. Thanks!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

It sounds like you spoke too soon. I have been terribly busy for the last couple of days. I am still quite busy. But...

I hate to ignore this; so tell you what, how about I answer this in full when I get a proper time?

Thank you for your patience.
Thanks. That amoxicilin/flagyl works, but only you can say if it's the right drugs to take and the dosage. I can still help you do some stuff like passing IV lines if your schedule are too tight. Lols.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by garygrey(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please, where can I get MuscleRevX here in Nigeria?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Thanks. That amoxicilin/flagyl works, but only you can say if it's the right drugs to take and the dosage. I can still help you do some stuff like passing IV lines if your schedule are too tight. Lols.

Haha. You are funny! I think I need to know more on this guy. I am missing something in his history. He has constipation and he is taking antibiotics? Why was he given ABX for constipation.

I think one has to figure out the cause of this constipation first. So is he passing stools or gas now? Or what?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dammy1015:
@Doctor in the House, please kindly enlight me on how to know if am ovulating. Thanks!

You can test this by purchasing ovulation kits over the counter at your local pharmacy/chemist.

If not:

Increase vaginal discharge from creamy white to watery, slippery, stretchy discharge.
Slight rise in body temperature
Mild abdominal pain (mittelschmerz)

But, really; if your period is regular meaning it occurs every 28-32 days and near same time; then ovulation should be timed right around half way in between; around 10-16 days prior to start of menses.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

Haha. You are funny! I think I need to know more on this guy. I am missing something in his history. He has constipation and he is taking antibiotics? Why was he given ABX for constipation.

I think one has to figure out the cause of this constipation first. So is he passing stools or gas now? Or what?
Yes, small amount of hard stool like 3times daily, feeling of vomiting, fever, passin gas.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Yes, small amount of hard stool like 3times daily, feeling of vomiting, fever, passin gas.

The constipation and the probable gastroenteritis are likely two separate things.

It depends on what's causing the gastroenteritis; if it bacteria; then antibiotics will do it. Majority of those stomach bugs would be eradicated with Ciprofloxacin and Flagyl. I would replace amoxicillin with ciprofloxacin.

If it is viral cause; antibiotics will not do anything; just let him vomit it out. It will pass.

But since you said antibiotics is helping, the perhaps it is bacterial.

If he doesn't not start getting better within 7-10 days, I would think of other diagnosis like a unique bug or inflammatory bowel disease.

After the febrile illness is down, he needs a stool softener. But, if this constipation has been an ongoing thing, he needs to investigate why the constipation and rule out most serious causes.

Let me know how he progresses if you wish.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
StealthIdeals:

Take out amoxicillin and add ciprofloxacin; keep flagyl.

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Xiadnat:

Take out amoxicillin and add ciprofloxacin; keep flagyl.

Take care.
Thank you so much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Justice28(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dr. Pls am having measles. What remedy should I apply. Please help me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Moradeeke(f): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2015
Good morning doctors in the house. pls i need ur advice on dis issue. i av a niece who will be 16yrs ds coming july and av nt started growing breast(flat chest).dis is giving her mum a lot of concerns but d father thinks otherwise. and d girl in question refuses to mingle with her peers thinking dt she is abnormal. d mother finds it difficult atimes to ask her abt d development cos dis makes her moody. do u think she should seek medical attention or what?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justice28:
Dr. Pls am having measles. What remedy should I apply. Please help me

Nothing. No cure. No treatment. It is virus and is self-limited meaning just let it run its course. Just symptom control; if it itches or painful, then just control the itch and pain with anti-itch lotion and pain reliever.

Just stay hydrated with water, stay away from others because you are contagious, and everyone else who don't have measles should be immunize.

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
Moradeeke:
Good morning doctors in the house. pls i need ur advice on dis issue. i av a niece who will be 16yrs ds coming july and av nt started growing breast(flat chest).dis is giving her mum a lot of concerns but d father thinks otherwise. and d girl in question refuses to mingle with her peers thinking dt she is abnormal. d mother finds it difficult atimes to ask her abt d development cos dis makes her moody. do u think she should seek medical attention or what?

Is she at least menstruating? Does she have full axillary and pubic hair development?

By 16y/o she should have full sexual development of full adult breas*t development, pubic hair and menstruation.

I guess it depends on what stage she is in breas*t development. Perhaps she has isolated delayed breas*t development.

IF she is not menstruating by now, I would consider taking her to an endocrinologist to investigate for cause of delayed puberty and/or breas*t development and possible hormonal disruptions.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Justice28(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Xiadnat:

Nothing. No cure. No treatment. It is virus and is self-limited meaning just let it run its course. Just symptom control; if it itches or painful, then just control the itch and pain with anti-itch lotion and pain reliever.

Just stay hydrated with water, stay away from others because you are contagious, and everyone else who don't have measles should be immunize.

Take care
Doctor pls does that mean it's gonna remain in my body? cry
Xiadnat:

Take care
Doctor pls does that mean it's gonna remain in my body?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justice28:

Doctor pls does that mean it's gonna remain in my body? cry
Doctor pls does that mean it's gonna remain in my body?

If it is measles, once its gone, then it's gone. You will be immune to it though; meaning you don't need to get vaccinated anymore

If it is chicken pox, then yes, it remains 'dormant' in your body and can 'reactivate' itself at anytime as 'shingles' usually with immunosuppression or stressed.

No worries though if its measles
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Justice28(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Xiadnat:

If it is measles, once its gone, then it's gone. You will be immune to it though; meaning you don't need to get vaccinated anymore

If it is chicken pox, then yes, it remains 'dormant' in your body and can 'reactivate' itself at anytime as 'shingles' usually with immunosuppression or stressed.

No worries though if its measles
Thanks a lot
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by garygrey(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
Good day doctor. Please where in Nigeria can I get fat burning and muscle building supplements, most especially 'MuscleRevX'?. If it's possible, u can mail me @ onyekweremcdonald@gmail.com. Please, I'm in a dire need of it. I'll be expecting your reply thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 09, 2015
Xiadnat:

The constipation and the probable gastroenteritis are likely two separate things.

It depends on what's causing the gastroenteritis; if it bacteria; then antibiotics will do it. Majority of those stomach bugs would be eradicated with Ciprofloxacin and Flagyl. I would replace amoxicillin with ciprofloxacin.

If it is viral cause; antibiotics will not do anything; just let him vomit it out. It will pass.

But since you said antibiotics is helping, the perhaps it is bacterial.

If he doesn't not start getting better within 7-10 days, I would think of other diagnosis like a unique bug or inflammatory bowel disease.

After the febrile illness is down, he needs a stool softener. But, if this constipation has been an ongoing thing, he needs to investigate why the constipation and rule out most serious causes.

Let me know how he progresses if you wish.
I'm thinking of other things; he said somethin like a protuberance of swollen veins is at d entrance of his anus. After taking ciprox, it seems like little relief, he said
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Somex10202(m): 6:15am On Mar 09, 2015
Doctors in the house,am having a severe pain inside my mouth,find it difficult to swallow even water and silver.in the last 2days I took a lot of coffee sweet, was told that could be the cause.plese I need your advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
StealthIdeals:
I'm thinking of other things; he said somethin like a protuberance of swollen veins is at d entrance of his anus. After taking ciprox, it seems like little relief, he said

Sounds like hemorrhoids; Need to go and see a GP or general surgeon for an evaluation and treatment.

The constipation and hemorrhoids are closely linked. He needs stool softener as well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Somex10202:
Doctors in the house,am having a severe pain inside my mouth,find it difficult to swallow even water and silver.in the last 2days I took a lot of coffee sweet, was told that could be the cause.plese I need your advice

Do you other medical illness that you are aware of?

Open wide and look at your mouth in the mirror, do you see any thing in there like rashes, white patches, red patches? Sores? Anything out of ordinary?

You probably need an oral anesthetic mouth spray or swish for the pain. But, need to figure out cause too.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
garygrey:
Good day doctor. Please where in Nigeria can I get fat burning and muscle building supplements, most especially 'MuscleRevX'?. If it's possible, u can mail me @ onyekweremcdonald@gmail.com. Please, I'm in a dire need of it. I'll be expecting your reply thanks.

I don't know as I don't reside in Nigeria. Google it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Somex10202(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

Do you other medical illness that you are aware of?

Open wide and look at your mouth in the mirror, do you see any thing in there like rashes, white patches, red patches? Sores? Anything out of ordinary?

You probably need an oral anesthetic mouth spray or swish for the pain. But, need to figure out cause too.
is like a wound Inside the mouth, I feel the pain more on my right ear,and do have headaches
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Somex10202:
is like a wound Inside the mouth, I feel the pain more on my right ear,and do have headaches

You may have a teeth infection of a sort. Where exactly is the pain and wound in the mouth? The teeth or gum or tongue?

Are you sexually active per chance?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Seunpaul01(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!

Pls, i need ur advice. Recently, wen i defecated, i had a strong stool. After some minutes, i felt part of my anus showing. Just like a boil, small n painfull. I dont know wat to do, am confused.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by decoslim(m): 1:31am On Mar 11, 2015
I am getting better.

Thank u all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.