Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639283 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Christeety: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Owk,.....looks to me like there is a problem with the outflow of blood / fluid from your hand. Could be caused by an inflammation or partial blockage of your lymph drainage, ditto for your veins. But do you often loose sensation in any part of your fingers?

Oh ok.
No, I have never lost sensation in any part of my fingers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kelechi50: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Orthostatic hypotension, a common sign of cardiac insufficiency. In summary, the heart doesnt pump as much blood to the brain as the swiftness of your 'action' demands.
If you're in the middle age group or on the big side, you may want to get your lipid level checked and also see the Doctor for a heart examination. There are some signs we could pick from examining the heart that tells us this is xyz.
Meanwhile, you should reduce the speed of your getting up and bending down, so that the heart gets enough time to pump blood up there.
what you said is correct but I started taking malaria drugs since three days ago and I noticed changes, please should I see a doctor now or later
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AbuAmmaar77: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
good evening doctor. my wife is 7 weeks pregnant (based on LMP). she has also been on anti TB regiment for 2 months. she asked the health care provider that administer the anti TB, about safety with pregnancy but was told there is nothing to worry about. I found In a medical journal online that isoniazid, one of the component of drug can cross
placenta and that the pregnant women must
be followed up because of the possibility of INH-induced hepatotoxicity. And Thus 50 mg daily of Pyridoxine was recommended.
Now my question is: should we go ahead with d supplement or just adhere to d position of d health personal at DOT centre.
mind not my long wordings.
Thanks for d wonderful job being done on d this platform
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
kelechi50:
what you said is correct but I started taking malaria drugs since three days ago and I noticed changes, please should I see a doctor now or later
Malaria too can cause what you complained about, as can other illnesses. Complete your treatment, if the problem persists or comes back then gonsee a Doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
AbuAmmaar77:
good evening doctor. my wife is 7 weeks pregnant (based on LMP). she has also been on anti TB regiment for 2 months. she asked the health care provider that administer the anti TB, about safety with pregnancy but was told there is nothing to worry about. I found In a medical journal online that isoniazid, one of the component of drug can cross
placenta and that the pregnant women must
be followed up because of the possibility of INH-induced hepatotoxicity. And Thus 50 mg daily of Pyridoxine was recommended.
Now my question is: should we go ahead with d supplement or just adhere to d position of d health personal at DOT centre.
mind not my long wordings.
Thanks for d wonderful job being done on d this platform
First I would like to know what drug combination she is taking. Is it the Isoniazid-Rifampicin-Pyrazinamide combination?
Your findings are right about INH, and in truth all the anti-tb drugs have possible effects on the baby.
Specifically for the INH, one of its effects is as you have mentioned, you are also right about the pyridoxine, we routinely give it even in non-pregnant patients, talk more about pregnant women who have more demand for it.
My advice is this :
Continue with the pyridoxine.
Those drugs are supposed to be used under close supervision of a Doctor, in this case, an obstetrician. Take her and register for ANC in a teaching hospital near you. She would also need routine tests for the liver enzymes (at least every 2months) cos of the hepatoxic effect of the drugs.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Christeety:

Oh ok.
No, I have never lost sensation in any part of my fingers.
That's a good sign. For now you can use prednisolone tablets and frusemide tablets.
These drugs are readily accessible from pharma (OTC) that's why I can prescribe them here. If the swelling persists after 3-5 days of use, go to the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by luvola(m): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
thanks doctor. I wish to know the cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Christeety: 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
Frenchfriez:

That's a good sign. For now you can use prednisolone tablets and frusemide tablets.
These drugs are readily accessible from pharma (OTC) that's why I can prescribe them here. If the swelling persists after 3-5 days of use, go to the hospital.

Okay sir. Thank you so much. I appreciate.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AbuAmmaar77: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=Frenchfriez post=60131426]
First I would like to know what drug combination she is taking. Is it the Isoniazid-Rifampicin-Pyrazinamide combination?
Your findings are right about INH, and in truth all the anti-tb drugs have possible effects on the baby.
Specifically for the INH, one of its effects is as you have mentioned, you are also right about the pyridoxine, we routinely give it even in non-pregnant patients, talk more about pregnant women who have more demand for it.
My advice is this :
Continue with the pyridoxine.
Those drugs are supposed to be used under close supervision of a Doctor, in this case, an obstetrician. Take her and register for ANC in a teaching hospital near you. She would also need routine tests for the liver enzymes (at least every 2months) cos of the hepatoxic effect of the drugs.[/quote

Thanks for the response. She started with rifampicin-isoniazid-pyrazinamide-ethambutol combination. but it was reduced to just isoniazid-rifampicin combination with lower mass compositions about a week ago.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=AbuAmmaar77 post=60133349][/quote]
Aiye, no p
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dejavumart3d: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello doctor am alwayz having cramps in my hand(fingerz) and leg very often.i can be pressing my phone and d next tin my fingers will seize wont. Feel dem anymore and to the leg if I keep d leg without moving it for like 10mins to 15m crampz comes up And I guess iz also affecting my Sexual life. Any possible solution to diz and also watz d cause thankz
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbeseun(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2017
Doctors doing a good job here.gbu
Please I hardly have erection this days even though I am hypertensive which I in drugs but I checked lately and my bp is okay .
But what vs simply cause early morning libido to stop and what could be the easiest and cheapest means of treating it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kelechi50: 4:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Malaria too can cause what you complained about, as can other illnesses. Complete your treatment, if the problem persists or comes back then gonsee a Doctor
thanks my good doctor, I used amatem and ciprotab with paracetamol and after the complete dose am okay sir. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tunddy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
hello Doctors in the house,some months back i started noticing this with small holes in my leg,what could this be and how can i treat it...thanks

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengaoyeladun(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
hello doctor in the house, i had weak erection and pre mature ejaculation due to mastubation. I had stop it since june this year but if i want to had sex the feelings for sex is not even there again and the penis will be weak. Sometimes early in the morning i do had morning wood. Pls any drug that i can take to correct it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by almacherish(f): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hi doc, i need medical advice. I saw my period on 03/08/2017 and i had sex on 12/08/2017. My cycle is usually btw 33 to 35 days. Yesterday evening, being 08/09/2017, i noticed a brown discharge that seemed like the start of my period, but the issue now is that this afternoon, theres no more blood.what could be the issue?? Could i be pregnant
PS : ive been having pain in my lower abdomen... Please i need your answer. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
almacherish:
Hi doc, i need medical advice. I saw my period on 03/08/2017 and i had sex on 12/08/2017. My cycle is usually btw 33 to 35 days. Yesterday evening, being 08/09/2017, i noticed a brown discharge that seemed like the start of my period, but the issue now is that this afternoon, theres no more blood.what could be the issue?? Could i be pregnant
PS : ive been having pain in my lower abdomen... Please i need your answer. Thanks

You spotted which is normal prior to menses. If you are around your cycle then wait a few days mire to see menses occurs.

If past a week and no blood flow, get pregnany test especially if unprotected sex.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by almacherish(f): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks.... But this spotting occured 5days after my period was supposed to come. What should i do

Xiadnat:

You spotted which is normal prior to menses. If you are around your cycle then wait a few days mire to see menses occurs.

If past a week and no blood flow, get pregnany test especially if unprotected sex.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
almacherish:
Thanks.... But this spotting occured 5days after my period was supposed to come. What should i do

So then you missed your period entirely?

Get a pregnancy test dear.

Tho at this stage, it might not show on home test kit. Can try home kit, but do confirm with blood test. For blood test, you need to see your PCP or GP.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ascent(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Anyone running or interested in starting a Medical / First Aid training, business or consultancy? Imported Medical /First Aid training models(manikins) for doctors, nurses and first aiders available in Lagos. Partnership too. Just email me for details.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abeg222(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
I'm in my early 30.Whenever I lift an heavy object for a couple of minutes and drop it or engage in a strenuous activity my body starts shaking sometimes it could be my legs or hands, the hand will be shaking if I'm trying to hold anything again,it will only stop when I sit down and relax for a while.The other day I was washing a car and before I could finish with the washing I noticed my legs were already shaking.I have been experiencing this for a very long time I don't know the root cause.Sometimes,I do exercise when I get up in the morning and it has never occurred in the cause of the exercise.
Please can someone tell me what I should do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by djgreenland(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
Please doctors in the house, which antiboitics would you advice for typhoid fever? Please I need assistance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rayd5289: 7:33am On Sep 12, 2017
What other medication can someone take aside ampiclox for treatment of gonorrhea since ampiclox does not seem to work.I still feel pain despite taking two cards at 6 hours interval the pain has not fully left and I still get discharge and burning sensation but it seem to reduce but not fully.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by shollish(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Pls Ceftriaxone inj is the drug of first choice for gonorrhea
Rayd5289:
What other medication can someone take aside ampiclox for treatment of gonorrhea since ampiclox does not seem to work.I still feel pain despite taking two cards at 6 hours interval the pain has not fully left and I still get discharge and burning sensation but it seem to reduce but not fully.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ifiegboria(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thanks to doctors in the house.
I have these very firm pimples on my chest that refuse to go. I have even stopped to rub body cream on my chest region. I use mild/"toilet" soaps like like Joy or Lux soap.

Please what should I do to make it stop or go away?

Note: I have this long history of pimples on my face while I was way younger in my early 20s but that has stopped now. Thanks 1s again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 4lorunsho(m): 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
please what can I do or what is it; am always having a itching side of private part (male ) closer to my legs. medical personnel pls advice. have not been involved in sex before but it does itch me always.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Harbeeorlar(m): 5:44am On Sep 18, 2017
The issue is i met my fiancé little over a year, when we met she had a very clean smooth face every woman will pray for but after few months her face is gathering pimples and within a short time her face become rough. She made different consultations, tried different face cleansers but to no avail.

There was a day she said something that baffles me and got me thinking. She said "she noticed her face start getting rough when we start making love." We laugh it over but i reminisce over what she said and i could remember the same happened to my ex. My ex nurse pimple throughout our time together.

And apparently, there is actually a lady i met before i met fiancé, she is dark and lovely with a very smooth face, we had series of sex before she later travelled. After some month when i later she her, her face is full of pimples.

My question now is, can it actually be that my intercourse with them is causing this? If yes, whats the cure to it from my own side and how can my fiancé's face be treated.

Meanwhile my face remain clear and smooth all the while, if i have a pimple at all its actually because i changed cosmetics or too weak to bathe at night.

Please help a brother cos this is disturbing me and its a concern for her as well. She has spent a lot trying to get her clean smooth face back. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kelechi50: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Please Dr help with the issues of having pain in the weast when pressed to urinate or pupu instead of the normal urge, what is the curse and remedy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mosco04: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
please I need a doctor asap my good friend is in serious danger he thinks he has HIV but does not possess most of the general symptoms please I need him ooo cause he dey help me with school fees
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afolayan22(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Balogun:
Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
Hi doctor,pls help me on this isssue,sometimes I notice my hands begins to shake with carrying anything and most especially when they is cold weather.Pls ur advice is urgeently needed.thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2017
afolayan22:
Hi doctor,pls help me on this isssue,sometimes I notice my hands begins to shake with carrying anything and most especially when they is cold weather.Pls ur advice is urgeently needed.thank you
Intention tremors, that's some non-specific sign of peripheral neuropathy (a problem with the nerves that supply your arms). A number of conditions could be implicated especially problems with the thyroid, and in rare instances , autoimmune ish. These are wild differentials as you can only be approximately diagnosed when a full neurological evaluation is done and you run a test of two...........you know what to do wink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2017
mosco04:
please I need a doctor asap my good friend is in serious danger he thinks he has HIV but does not possess most of the general symptoms please I need him ooo cause he dey help me with school fees
Munchausen's syndrome. He would be fine. Let him go for a test

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.