Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638129 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by JJay2(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2010
Thanks Ziga. Saw a doc & after some tests prescribed an antibiotic with few other drugs. It has helped with d rash & itching.
One more thing pls, my p'enis never gets hard since i developed d rash. Pls dont get me wrong (not that i've been tryin to use it since d rash). My fiance comes around to help me with some things & even when she puts on body revealing clothes, i dont get moved (even if i want to be moved). It just remains there like that. Could it be because of d fungi that caused d rash (cos i'm still few days on my medication) or could it be something else? Note: I never had any kinda rash on my p'enis or close to it.
I'll appreciate ur kind suggestions. Thank u once again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nadi44: 1:23am On May 06, 2010
MEDICAL DOCTOR ? WORK FROM HOME OR PRIVATE PRACTICE & EARN THOUSANDS A WEEK.
SurgeryPlanet, the leading Global Medical Tourism Company is hiring Doctors in all cities Nigeria to work from Home Office or Private Practice, as SurgeryPlanet Regional Directors and City Directors. The Directors assist in Enrolling, Referring and guiding patients to our healthcare provider network. Earn Thousands every week and up to 100,000 USD a year.
Since 2005, SurgeryPlanet Facilitates Surgeries and Medical Treatment for Patients in high Quality accredited International Hospitals in 41 Countries. MEDICAL TOURISM IS THE NEXT BOOM. Get an early start and be a leader in the 60 Billion dollar, FASTEST GROWING INDUSTRY .
Requirements:
Current Medical License and practice
Sufficient knowledge of International healthcare
Have computer, internet and phone connection
Regions and Cities are being allocated to agents on “selection basis” and “First come” basis. Don’t be late and miss out on this GOLDEN opportunity.
Email Resume and Medical license copy to Nadi@surgeryplanet.com. Visit:www. surgeryplanet.com
Call: 001-925 429 4422 – English/French
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnypop(m): 6:46am On May 06, 2010
Dr i posted a topic(#17 on d list) on my search 4 herbal or food suplement 2 cure sinusitis.surgery didnt work.can u hep
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengress1: 12:51pm On May 06, 2010
Plz doctor, i have tooth decay.What can i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbengress1: 12:56pm On May 06, 2010
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 7:47pm On May 06, 2010
ethelfun:

Gud day Doc. I hav this health prob plz. At a stage in my life noticed that i was going 2 toilet too often ( stool normal ), i felt very uncomfortable under a fan or AC. I feel this burning sensation in my chest and in my lower abdomen mostly after eating and digestion. Pain full boils appear around my focal places and then they go, with out rupturing or medication. There's this feeling around my buttocks like there are ants crawling around when i am sitted. I have occasional severe waist and lower back pain, and i have lost weight tremendously despite my large appetite and balanced diet, i feel dizzy and get tired easily. I am a youth 23yrs. I have been 2 d hospital, done series of test, but d Doc has not been able 2 lay a finger on the prob. I hav taken loads of antibiotics to get some relieve all 2 no avail. Am really confused. D test i took where, All D STI, including HIV. I thint d prob lies with my GIT, Plz i need help. Thank u 4 your attention.

Hi. Unfortunately for me, it will be difficult for me to suggest anything much because your symptoms involve almost every system in the body.

Do you have blood in your stool? You should get a stool microscopy to know if you have a GI infection. That can be treated with antibiotics.

Using antibiotics for prolonged periods without knowing what you are treating for sure has its harmful effects. For example, on the GIT, so i would suggest you stop the antibiotics.

However, your weight loss, increased appetite, discomfort around the fan(i am guessing this is heat intolerance) may indicate a thyroid dysfunction. So try and get a thyroid function test.

Other symptoms of hyperthyroidsm include, palpitations, excessive sweating, hand tremors(shaking hands). If you have these symptoms, then a thyroid problem is very likely.

Also, it is possible that your problem could be of a psychological nature.

If there's any extra information you want to add, this might be helpful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 7:55pm On May 06, 2010
Aladunni:

Hi Ziga,

Pls what is it about itchy hands and feet at night or after a shower at night?

thanks

Itching, especially of the  hands and feet at night may be due to a scabies infection. This is more likely, if there are other people in the household with similar symptoms. It can be treated easily with benzyl benzoate.

However, other things can cause body itching e.g allergies, anxiety disorders, drug reactions, Also included are systemic diseases e.g kidney diseases, gall bladder disease, and blood cancers (leukemia)

It is a long list as you can see, so i would suggest that you see a doctor who might be able to interpret your other symptoms and then suggest the appropriate lab tests.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 8:02pm On May 06, 2010
J.Jay:

Thanks Ziga. Saw a doc & after some tests prescribed an antibiotic with few other drugs. It has helped with d rash & itching.
One more thing pls, my p'enis never gets hard since i developed d rash. Pls dont get me wrong (not that i've been tryin to use it since d rash). My fiance comes around to help me with some things & even when she puts on body revealing clothes, i dont get moved (even if i want to be moved). It just remains there like that. Could it be because of d fungi that caused d rash (cos i'm still few days on my medication) or could it be something else? Note: I never had any kinda rash on my p'enis or close to it.
I'll appreciate your kind suggestions. Thank u once again.

The stimulus for arousal in males many times starts from the brain, and whenever there is anything going on in your mind, you might not have an e.rection like you used to. Therefore, this is expected when you are anxious, depressed, tired or SICK.

So i would say, do not worry, things should return back to the way it used to be in a couple of days.

However, you should also consider that it may be a side effect of the drug you are using. So, find out more about the possible side effects of whatever medication you are currently on. Google search should help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 8:04pm On May 06, 2010
gbengress1:

You should see a dentist who will assess the situation and advise you on the best way to treat. Take note that he will need to see the decaying tooth to be able to suggest anything.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 8:10pm On May 06, 2010
johnypop:

Dr i posted a topic(#17 on d list) on my search 4 herbal or food suplement 2 cure sinusitis.surgery didnt work.can u hep

i don't know of any food supplement/ herbal cure for sinusitis.

Sinusitis is an infection of the paranasal sinuses. It could be viral, (no antibiotics needed), or bacterial, (antibiotics needed)

What type of surgery did you have. That may help me to understand what you mean better.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnypop(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2010
Prof Obiakor(ENT SURGEON@eastrn med centre,enugu)did d surgery on my nose aftr skul&nasal xray.antbiotics only supres it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnypop(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2010
antbiotics like septrin&actived only supres it 4 few days.then it surfaces.what other medical step can i take?
Im gr8fu
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 4:18pm On May 08, 2010
johnypop:

antbiotics like septrin&actived only supres it 4 few days.then it surfaces.what other medical step can i take?
Im gr8fu

Surgeries can fail for different reasons, so i would suggest you talk to your surgeon, he will be able to give you better information.

About recurrent sinusitis, avoid smoking, if you have allergies, avoid the triggers e.g dust, fumes from stoves, rugs in the house etc. For your allergies, you can take antihistamines. lorantadine is non drowsy and should help.

Drink lots of water. it will keep the mucus watery and allow easy drainage. Intranasal decongestants may be beneficial also.

However, if you have a structural abnormality in your nasal passages that prevent normal drainage and repeated infections in your sinuses, then surgery will be your best option.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Pinkie9ja: 11:24pm On May 13, 2010
Hello NL DR'S, i went to the men's not too long ago and i observed that my faecal content had substantial amount of a mucous like substance and secksof blood as well in em.pls wat cud b d problem??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:47am On May 14, 2010
Pinkie9ja:

Hello NL DR'S, i went to the men's not too long ago and i observed that my faecal content had substantial amount of a mucous like substance and secksof blood as well in em.pls wat cud b d problem??

Presence of mucus plus blood in Naija sounds like an infection.

Antibiotics can be started emperically (without a lab test) And based on the most likely organisms that cause bloody diarrhea, a quinolone and metronidazole will be a good combination.

You can visit your doctor who will suggest examine you to see if there are any other possibilities and follow up.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dewoy: 10:43pm On May 14, 2010
i noticed both sides of my collar bone is swollen i mean d lower side of my neck region, i am diabetic and was diagnosed with high blood pressure of recent, am on both diabetic and hbp drugs pls wat the cause and treatment am seriously bothered
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samaru: 1:14pm On May 16, 2010
Mr Balogun,
I am 6 months pregant i am a novice because i just got married last yr i want to know the best sleeping position and the best food to eat and those to avoid your response will be highly needed.And sometimes i feel pain beneath the navel i want to know the problems though a Dr told me at the general hospital to take some prescribed drugs and come back after 2weeks for scan
Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kgdavid(m): 8:48pm On May 17, 2010
hi doc, i dont have any serious medical condition but i'm wondering if pigmentation on the lips is normal? i just noticed a dark spot on the inside on my lower lips and though it is painless it looks abnormal, i thought it could be ordinary pigmentation but have you any idea what else this could be and is it a symptom of some infection?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joke81(f): 9:35am On May 18, 2010
pls doctor in the house,i need your advise
i had a bike car accident 3wks ago and i fell and sustained injury more internally and did medical checkup and was given drug and ontiment to massage my arm,i felt better after a while with little pain on my right hand but the pains came back 3days again and today is more painful than ever.
pls can you tell me what the problem is again with my right hand.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samaru: 8:45pm On May 18, 2010
Doctor,
I am 6 months pregant i am a novice because i just got married last yr i want to know the best sleeping position and the best food to eat and those to avoid your response will be highly needed.And sometimes i feel pain beneath the navel i want to know the problems though a Dr told me at the general hospital to take some prescribed drugs and come back after 2weeks for scan
Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mki: 2:15pm On May 19, 2010
Hi Doc. is it true that drinking a lot of cold water can cause arthritis for a middle aged person?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:02pm On May 20, 2010
Pinkie9ja:

It is most likely an infection. And in that case, you may also have abdominal pain, diahhrea, fever, vomiting. Presence of these other symptoms strongly point to an infection, and you may need antibiotics. Also, you need to be careful about your source of drinking water and food. And wash your hands when required to prevent spread of the infection.

Stool tests may help to confirm a diagnosis if required.

There may be other conditions that will present with blood in stools and the common ones include hemorrhoids, anal fissures (may present with pain around the anus)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:09pm On May 20, 2010
dewoy:

i noticed both sides of my collar bone is swollen i mean d lower side of my neck region, i am diabetic and was diagnosed with high blood pressure of recent, am on both diabetic and hbp drugs pls wat the cause and treatment am seriously bothered

Swellings are usually due to structures that we have in a certain area. And the only thing that i think maybe responsible for swelling around the base of your neck are lymph nodes. There are many reasons to have enlarged lymphnodes, and they range from simple throat infections, to Tuberculosis, to lymphomas. Did you recently have a throat infection? Have you been coughing for a long time? Any history of weight loss?

You should be aware that i have no idea about what the cause may be because i haven't seen this swelling, and all i am doing is providing information that you may use as a guide. So, do not ba alarmed.

You need to visit a doctor who will be able to examine that area to tell you exactly what is responsible for the swelling, and depending on any other symptoms you may have, it may require further testing.

Lymph node swelling is not likely to be due to the drugs you are using, however, you can read up about any side effects of your medication to completely rule that possibility out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:27pm On May 20, 2010
samaru:

Mr Balogun,
Regards

You can sleep in any position you feel comfortable in. Sleeping on your back in late pregnancy may result in reduced blood flow to your pelvic organs and is usually uncomfortable for most mothers anyway.

Try and eat a very well balanced diet with fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water. You will also need vitamin supplements and some other drugs whic i suspect that your doctor already prescribed.

You may feel some discomfort in your pelvis, as the ligaments begin to stretch because of your baby's growth. Changes in posture may also account for some back pain in pregnancy, however, if the pain is severe, or accompanied by other symptoms, bleeding, contractions, passage of water, fever, then you need to get to the hospital immediately.

Adequate planning is very essential in obstetrics, so make sure you do all your tests, scans as directed by your obstetrician/doctor, so that you can help him to anticipate any difficulties that may come along, and that will ensure the best outcome for your baby.

All the best.

This is not Mr. Balogun.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:32pm On May 20, 2010
Kgdavid:

hi doc, i dont have any serious medical condition but i'm wondering if pigmentation on the lips is normal? i just noticed a dark spot on the inside on my lower lips and though it is painless it looks abnormal, i thought it could be ordinary pigmentation but have you any idea what else this could be and is it a symptom of some infection?

Pigmentation by itself doesn't tell me much. It may be benign, or it may indicate some other medical condition.

The common infections don't normally present as pigmentations. Do you have any other health concerns? Are you currently on any medication? When was the last time you had a general check up?

Depending on your age, a general physical checkup may help to reveal any other abnormalities, and if there is none, then the pigmentation may be nothing to worry about.

Hope that helped.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:40pm On May 20, 2010
joke81:

pls doctor in the house,i need your advise
i had a bike car accident 3wks ago and i fell and sustained injury more internally and did medical checkup and was given drug and ontiment to massage my arm,i felt better after a while with little pain on my right hand but the pains came back 3days again and today is more painful than ever.
pls can you tell me what the problem is again with my right hand.

The problem is most likely related to the bike accident that you had.

Did you have any xrays done? You may have sustained a fracture. And sometimes, very small fractures are missed by xrays initially. But when healing begins, they become more obvious on a repeat xray. Take note that not all fractures require a plaster cast, so discuss what you may need with your physician.

It may also be a strain or a sprain. These injuries take a while to heal (at least 6 weeks). So, it will be a very good idea to avoid doing anything strenuous with the affected hand (to avoid re-injury), and it will be even better if you have it in a splint.

Take analgesics as required. They will help with the pain and the inflammation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:45pm On May 20, 2010
mki:

Hi Doc. is it true that drinking a lot of cold water can cause arthritis for a middle aged person?

Not true.

Arthritis is when you have inflammation/damage to a joint. It is similar to having damaged bearings in the wheel of a vehicle.

Causes of arthritis include direct trauma e.g. in accidents, contact sports
malalignment of the joint e.g k-legs, bow legs
Excess weight will cause early wearing of the joint

Other systemic diseases can cause arthritis

e.g. infections, also some STDs. In this case, there will be fever.
e.g Immune related conditions e.g rheumatoid arthritis, SLE
e.g Gout.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by keeptrying: 2:13am On May 21, 2010
pls, doc. when i was in nigeria i was diagnosied for staph.I have this symtom of worm like movement,severe itching e.t.c.The doctors in the states could not believe staph can cause such symtoms .i am terrified by this situation.it's like they have never had of such symtoms here before.I did igE staph test and it came out negative.is there ant other staph test i could ask the doctor to order because my symtom is driving me crazy. sad
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kgdavid(m): 2:35pm On May 21, 2010
ziga:

Pigmentation by itself doesn't tell me much. It may be benign, or it may indicate some other medical condition.

The common infections don't normally present as pigmentations. Do you have any other health concerns? Are you currently on any medication? When was the last time you had a general check up?

Depending on your age, a general physical checkup may help to reveal any other abnormalities, and if there is none, then the pigmentation may be nothing to worry about.

Hope that helped.

thanks doc. will go for a check up soon hopefully
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samaru: 9:45am On May 22, 2010
Ziga,
Thanks for your response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joke81(f): 11:25am On May 24, 2010
thks so much for ur attention.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:24pm On May 24, 2010
ziga, glad you are doing a good job. unfortunately my job presently involves a lot of clinical and administration and teaching. leaves me very little time to attend to queries at moment. nice to read the replies though

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.