Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637087 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uteh: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
Hello Doc Balogun,

My husband and I are always having catarrh. Its always triggered by dust, smoke or cold air. It often starts off with bouts of sneezing, that can go on for 1 hour. Mine is always in d morning when I wake up, it dries up when I get into open air or the sun. Mine husband's own does not dry up until he takes hot tea or drugs. Please what can we do to stop it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2010
uteh, your answer is in your question. There probably is an allergen in your house. Explains why things dry up when you leave home. Dust mites are commonest cause. Found usually in beds and carpets. Do you have carpets and what is it made from
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2010
petraB and kechai, yours are gynae problems. Dr Kathy usually deals with them. I have noticed she has replied quite a few recently.
kechai, pregnancies usually happen during your fertle period. after day 10 of your cycle. note i said usually!!! no side effects of having sex during your periods
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ja4naija: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
Pls doctor in the house can u help me wit a strong medication to add weight pls i really need it my frnds mock me nw and then i need a really strong and active medicine that will show result in a week or so thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LadyDee1(f): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ja4naija:

Pls doctor in the house can u help me wit a strong medication to add weight pls i really need it my frnds mock me nw and then i need a really strong and active medicine that will show result in a week or so thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread Dr Balogun, but i saw this and had to answer,

@Ja4naija, Are you a male or female?

There is no drugs that will give you such results in such a tight timeframe unfortunatly, however, have you reviewed your eating habits?
How active are you?

The resolution to Weight management with respect to both Gaining or Loosing is the same concept,
If you increase your calorie intake and decrease your activity/exercise you will GAIN weight.

Its important to have a healthy but varied diet. smiley

Have you considered you may be of the correct and most importantly 'healthy' weight for your height and age?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dereformer(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hi doc. thanks for volunteering to offer medical advice. Kudos. But i have these questions to ask.

Can masturbation cause the following:

1 weak erection

2 impotence in men

3 low sperm count

what are other consequences of masturbation. and how can one stop the act.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kemi22: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2010
Doctor Balogun,

Please i need ur advice

Am a 33 yrs old lady.

I have been having consistent discharge since the age of 12.

Then i did not understand the implication until i entered the university.
I think the cause is an abuse of fingering i suffered at the age of 10.
I can say am still a virgin in the sense that i hav never been sexually active and i dont hav steady boyfriend
I have been to hospital like 4 times and all drugs given have not helped (Flaggly, tetracycline, Amoxil, Ciprotab, Peflaxin, diflucan)
I hav not been able to use the insertion tablets well as i find it difficult to insert it properly except to leave it at the tip
But all these drugs hav not help
The discharge is whitish, smelly and does not itch
My menses hav been affected in the sense that it smells terribly whenever it is on
I need ur help as i am not satisfied with the level of care am getting on the issue
I really need a lasting solution to these problem

thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 1stknight(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2010
I feel lyk i'm chokin weneva i slip late at night,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jarus(m): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2010
Doctors in the house, please I need your advice asap:

-I have been having pains in the lower abdomen, right side, sometime to the back, for about 4 months now. It's not so serious except on very few occasions, just mild discomfort but my concern is that it has persisted for over 4 months. Anytime I go to Dr I complain but they hardly take it seriously. The last time I went to see my Dr, he gave me neurovit forte forte and asked me to come back after three weeks.
-Now my question is, what does Neurovit forte cure as the Dr did not tell me anything, just gave me that drug?
-Also, what could lower, right abdominal discomfort symptomize?

Balogun et al, pls advise.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by meplus: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2010
Dr in the house pls hlp me, i've bin noticing white discharges from my private part but dnt feel pain wen i urinate, im 21yrs nd neva complnd 2 any Dr. Pls help me God will bless you. Pls i need help urgently from any1
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omnislife(m): 1:59am On Jul 11, 2010
@ Jarus,
since you've thrown your question open to all,I should tell you that a pain in the abdomen could be anything from plain constipation to colon cancer but since you're being very specific about the positioning,It could most likely be appendicitis because the appendix is located at the base of the colon on the right side below the stomach and symptoms of appendicitis usually start with a slow sharp pain next to the navel which soon shifts and moves to the right side.
How you can identify appendicitis:-Lie down on the bed,press your abdomen with two fingers from the right side and up from the groin until you feel pain.
-Quickly remove your fingers.If there is a sharp pain when you remove your fingers it could mean you have appendicitis.If there is no pain.Repeat the probe on the left side(It could be that the intestine has moved).

I'll still be available should you require any more help on this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jibson999(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2010
Dereformer:

Hi doc. thanks for volunteering to offer medical advice. Kudos. But i have these questions to ask.

Can self-service cause the following:

1 weak erection

2 impotence in men

3 low spermatozoa count

what are other consequences of self-service. and how can one stop the act.
doctors in the house, tell us the disadvantages
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
Jarus, may I intervene quickly here. Ignore omnislife comments. Appendicitis is an acute condition. Not something that goes on for 4 months. Ignore the colon cancer thing as well. First thing is how old are you. Do you have problems with passing urine if the pain goes to your back. You can easily be describing kidney problems like a stone. Have you had a urinalysis done. This is where they test your urine for proteins, blood and nitrates
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2010
omnislife, probably best to keep your advice to yourself on this thread.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
dereformer, the answer to your question is NO!!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
kemi22, Dr Kathyekiti on our sister thread is best answering your question
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
just a little note. those with gynaecological problems are better served by Dr Kathyekiti. If there is no sex against your name and you have a discharge from your privates, I cannot work out whether you are male or female. My skills haven't achieved the telepathic levels yet!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bissysouth: 3:15am On Jul 15, 2010
Balogun, please my son 3yrs of age do develop cough easily and most especially in the night the cough get worsen and anytime i use antibiotics combine wit the cough syrup, d cough leaves and after some weeks, returns back, pls advise thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by meplus: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2010
@balogun, the earlier post about white discharge from my privates is from a male(meplus) im 21yrs old, pls i need ur advise
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omnislife(m): 1:49am On Jul 16, 2010
Dr.Balogun.No offence taken.I just said it could be judging from the positioning.All the same,Its your thread, I will keep my advice to myself.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jarus(m): 9:05am On Jul 16, 2010
Balogun:

Jarus, may I intervene quickly here. Ignore omnislife comments. Appendicitis is an acute condition. Not something that goes on for 4 months. Ignore the colon cancer thing as well. First thing is how old are you. Do you have problems with passing urine if the pain goes to your back. You can easily be describing kidney problems like a stone. Have you had a urinalysis done. This is where they test your urine for proteins, blood and nitrates
Thanks Dr Balogun. omnislife's comment appeared very strange to me, and I never took it in the first place. Thanks to her for offering her advice though.
I did urinanalysis twice in the last couple of months, at different clinics, and they all came out good, according to the doctors. Also went further to do abdominal scan four times in the last five months, at two different scan centres, the lastest being three weeks ago, but all show 'clean liver and kidney conditions'. So I don't know the source of the persistent abdominal discomfort. Age: I'm 28. No problems passing urine.

And by the way, pls let's talk off-NL. I'm PMing my email add to you right away.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kehneah: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
doc goodday,pls what solutions would you prescribe for external hemorrhoid.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Saywetin1: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hi Dr in the house, may be i should tell you that their are product in this country that can help cure certian disease e.g diabetes may be you should check out this site that i ran into - www.successfulpeopleresource..com/
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kencivic: 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2010
i look older than my age.what can i do
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2010
say wetin. i am not here to plug any sites. only give medical advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jarus(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2010
Jarus:

Thanks Dr Balogun. omnislife's comment appeared very strange to me, and I never took it in the first place. Thanks to her for offering her advice though.
I did urinanalysis twice in the last couple of months, at different clinics, and they all came out good, according to the doctors. Also went further to do abdominal scan four times in the last five months, at two different scan centres, the lastest being three weeks ago, but all show 'clean liver and kidney conditions'. So I don't know the source of the persistent abdominal discomfort. Age: I'm 28. No problems passing urine.

And by the way, pls let's talk off-NL. I'm PMing my email add to you right away.
Dr Balogun?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Dr. Balogun

Good day sir, and great job you are doing here. I'm a physycian myself in the private sector. Allow me the liberty to respond to questions on your thread like I've done once in the past if you will recall.

kehneah:

doc goodday,pls what solutions would you prescribe for external hemorrhoid.thanks

@kehneah, yes, there are solutions to external haemorrhoids - oral prescriptions, anal inserts and even surgical remedies.

The specific manner to manage the condition would then depend on the particular case presented to the doctor on a direct consultation basis. Most doctors I think would find it difficult to simply recommend a solution without consultation, first.

See a qualified doctor, is what I am saying.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by atuagbo: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
Hey,
Thanks for offering advice.
I have a question for you.

Kindly tell me what the following drugs listed below are use for, thanks in anticipation to my request.

Conazole ( Itrconazole 100mg )

Ofloxacin tablets ( Oniflo 200 )

Diflucan 50mg Fluconazole
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
surgeon, remember you well. Happy for qualified doctors to contribute to this great thread
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 12:29am On Jul 22, 2010
hey docs. . . , i'v g0t rashes all around my scrotum area, been scratching like hell, its been there for like 3weeks now. . . . . and no sign of it leaving anytime soon. . . . . . i used powder around the area even b4 it started just to keep this area from been damp but i still got the rash anyways. . . . i did a lilttle research online and noticed it could remain for up to 20 years. . . . . . . i don't want that for myself so please help. if u nid to send me a mail, my email is in my profile. thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 9:33am On Jul 22, 2010
Balogun:

surgeon, remember you well. Happy for qualified doctors to contribute to this great thread

Good day, sir. Thank you and I'm glad.

5p1naz:

hey docs. . . ,   i'v g0t rashes all around my scrotum area, been scratching like hell,  its been there for like 3weeks now. . . . . and no sign of it leaving anytime soon. . . . . . i used powder around the area even b4 it started just to keep this area from been damp but i still got the rash anyways. . . . i did a lilttle research online and noticed it could remain for up to 20 years. . . . . . . i don't want that for myself so please help. if u nid to send me a mail, my email is in my profile. thanks.

@5p1naz

Your best option, as always, is to go see your doctor. However, a common rash that's itchy and moist, seen around the groin area, is caused by a Fungal infection. The condition is known as Taenia Cruris or "Crotch itch", "Eczema marginatum", "Ringworm", etc. . .   Yorubas call it "Ibo'tan".

Most Fungal rashes can be tenacious and so last a long, long time. The good news however is that it is easy to treat[b] if you are more tenacious in remembering to apply the medication for lengths of up to 6 weeks atimes.[/b]

So, here's my recommendation. As always, the default is to see your doctor. However, assuming it is the common Taenia Cruris, apply a good brand of Clotrimazole cream e.g. "Canesten" direct to the surface after bathing and towel-drying the area, twice daily for 6 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.