Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638263 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by protected: 3:14pm On May 26, 2010
hello NLs, i hve had some rashes on my left lap, a swollen groin for two days now, today is the third day and its started spreading down my left leg. the rashes are reddish and some grow quite big and they look really irritating. i want to know what i can use to eradicate such rashes. pls help anybody.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:30am On May 31, 2010
Balogun:

ziga, glad you are doing a good job. unfortunately my job presently involves a lot of clinical and administration and teaching. leaves me very little time to attend to queries at moment. nice to read the replies though

Thanks brov. just following your good steps.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:32am On May 31, 2010
protected:

hello NLs, i hve had some rashes on my left lap, a swollen groin for two days now, today is the third day and its started spreading down my left leg. the rashes are reddish and some grow quite big and they look really irritating. i want to know what i can use to eradicate such rashes. pls help anybody.

It sounds like you have a skin infection, and the swelling in your groin may be a swollen lymph node due to the infection.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to know for sure. Skin conditions are very difficult to diagnose without visualizing it.

My advise will be for you to go see your doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by okolinelson(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2010
hello doctor,
pls i need advice on how to last longer in bed. God bless you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Uche345(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
Great post what a wonderful ideal man keep the good work going.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by protected: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
Tips for adding weight pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
I am a 25 year old lady. i hav not had intimacy for about 7 months, recently i had intimacy and i notice some bleeding few minutes after intercourse, though its not much but i am worried. The intimacy wasnt that rough and i am not a virgin.what should i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 4:48am On Jun 05, 2010
hi,
what's the treatment 4 Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD),
also known as complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)?

my cuz has it 4 almost 3 yrs now.

she was crossing the road in 2002 and got hit by a car, she was only unconscious for a few minutes and had a sprain in her left ankle, she used crutches for about six week and was walking fine until August 2007.

All of a sudden, In August 2007 she was watching TV and when she got up from where she was sitting, she said she felt a cramp and pain in her left foot and was limping till December 2007 and was given 1 crutch. In December 2007, she couldn’t use the leg to walk or limp again. she said her left leg is so painful and stiff. she also has a fracture n dislocation in d same leg (hip)

thx in advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yemi2005(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
are u still in the house doctor?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2010
ceasyc, your cuz has an unusual syndrome which not many doctors can explain. Quite a lot of experts are divided into the diagnosis and management. I saw a case in a 17 year old about a month ago that they even got a psychologist to see. Unusual to have such a long gap between the original injury and recurrence of the symptoms. Where is your cousin based. Management is usually physiotherapy after all investigations to rule out other causes
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
judity, it is not unusual to have some spotting associated with sex even if you are not a virgin. How close to your period was it when this happened
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2010
protected, eat healthily and exercise regularly and you will be your ideal weight. I always worry when people say hey want to put on weight. I have always maintained my weight at about 70-80kgs and never felt need to put on or lose weight. Your family and friends should accept you for who you are.

yemi2005, the docs are still in the house
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
okolinelson, I have been giving this advice since I started this thread. Your performance in bed depends on who you are with and whether they are understanding. Between the two of you, it is easy to work it out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2010
I think that is everybody covered on this page. Hope Naijaking and Kathyekiti are ok. Been a long time
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by labonte: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
Pls doc., l need your advice: I had a baby Feb., 2007 and ever since that time have not seen my monthly period,I was asked to go for pelvic scan and the result was bighted ovum,I was operated in 2008 because my period was not forthcoming and ever since that time l always mensurate every month but it is a heavy flow that l wont be able to go out, secondly I was unable to conceive.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
Balogun:

ceasyc, your cuz has an unusual syndrome which not many doctors can explain. Quite a lot of experts are divided into the diagnosis and management. I saw a case in a 17 year old about a month ago that they even got a psychologist to see. Unusual to have such a long gap between the original injury and recurrence of the symptoms. Where is your cousin based. Management is usually physiotherapy after all investigations to rule out other causes

ty 4 your reply

thats quite true, a lot of docs r just clueless about RSD/CRPS,
diagnosis n treatment that is y it took ages for dem to diagnose it
after a lot of tests, scans, mri, etc.

anyway she lives in nigeria. after a lot of guesses, it wasnt even docs in nigeria that diagnosed it
but a doctor in india through email, she googled it n she said all d symptoms fits

she said her knee, ankle n hip r so stiff, how can physio work with
a fractured n dislocated hip? doctor's in nigeria says dey cannot fix her hip because her whole
left lower limb is too stiff, so she should go abroad, poor gal gats no money 4 that!

any other treatment?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by blossom4u: 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
hello forumite,

if free medical advice can be available for all the people, i mean for people have the opportunity of getting this kind of information for free, majority of people will not die, and they will also live a healthy life.

thanks for your gesture to alleviate people
God bless u
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
ceasyc, difficult to suggest any sort of treatment without the full story and appropriate x rays to view. when you say fractured and dislocated hip, what fixation was done after the injury. what does the xray look like now. I think my e mail is on my profile. If you cuz wants to e mail details including xrays i will take a look
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
blossom4u, thanks for your encouragement. a lot of docs have given their time here to give advice. only advice though. up to each individual to live their life as they see fit!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chris2000(m): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
h
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chris2000(m): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hi Doc.

i will like to add a sample advice that helps you to stall feet at all time, get yourself involve in exercise, it go a long way in making you stall Heather.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sharon5: 1:02am On Jun 11, 2010
Hello doctor in the house.
I'm a 24 year old lady and i have a very serious case of mouth odour. I noticed it like 6 years back. Doctor It's so bad that people notice it even when i talk to them from distance. Every body squeezes their face when i talk even my mum. I've been to at least three dentist even ones in Federal medical centres and general hospitals and what they kept telling me is they couldn't discover anything. I've even done this machine mouth washing still no changes. I've used many mouth wash prescribed by them, breath freshners, peppermints, e.t.c. Brush my teeth twice or thrice daily. No changes. My boyfriend left me due to my halitosis. I use to have Ulcer but It's no longer troubles me, just have to add this maybe it has anything to do with it. My toothbrush has now been seperated from where others place theirs. Doctor Please heeeeeelp.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2010
sharon, sorry to hear about your problem with halitosis. Most of the problem with this is mainly bacterial discharge of gas. You might need some antibiotics and hydrogen peroxide based mouthwash. A dental hygienist might help here. You might also find some food might make this worse. Try and identify food and avoid
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:29am On Jun 11, 2010
chris2000, your message makes no sense at all
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sharon5: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
Bless you doctor! Thanks for your prompt reply. Doctor, can you please prescribe the antibiotics. And is it okay if i use plain hydrogen peroxide as mouth wash? And please can you refer me to a dental hygenist you know of here in Nigeria cos i haven't heard of one before. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
Balogun:

ceasyc, difficult to suggest any sort of treatment without the full story and appropriate x rays to view. when you say fractured and dislocated hip, what fixation was done after the injury. what does the xray look like now. I think my e mail is on my profile. If you cuz wants to e mail details including xrays i will take a look

ur email addy is not on ur profile
u can email her anything then she can reply using ur email which will show in her inbox
or put it on ur profile. hers is perx23@yahoo.com
ta
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by stonedlive(m): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
hi doctor balogun
lovely work got going on here , its appreciated, a quick queston, the skin on my palms and my feet keeps experiencing inflammations which when bursted turns to dry peely layers of skin, dunno if its the water from the tank or something am allergic to , any info plssss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mordayz(m): 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2010
Gud day doc. Pls what culd be the cause of pains after having intimarcy with a man? For somedays now my woman have being complaining of unusual pains which i'm suspecting infactions. Pls what do u think of it and how do i go about it thanks,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:03am On Jun 14, 2010
mordayz, I feel you should see a genitourinary physician with your partner
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2010
sharon, I have never practiced in Nigeria or trained there. Ask a dentist to refer you to a hygenist. Most mouthwashes are hydrogen peroxide based. Diluted peroxide might help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2010
ceasyc, i will get in touch with your cuz
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by labonte: 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ labonte: Doc, pls reply my thread,

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.