Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637895 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by djbiskit(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2011
Just got postd 2 d north, I startd having itchy scrotum due to d excessive heat, 4rm ma research, its not STD, I use a cd 4 my gal. Its terrible wen I sweat or relax at night. Any permanent remedy or do I need to leave d north and change my soap andd boxers,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by djbiskit(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2011
Just got postd 2 d north, I startd having itchy scrotum due to d excessive heat, 4rm ma research, its not STD, I use a cd 4 my gal. Its terrible wen I sweat or relax at night. Any permanent remedy or do I need to leave d north and change my soap andd boxers,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kgdavid(m): 2:10am On Apr 15, 2011
hi doc, i've got an issue with my knees, went to see the doc who examined them and said he suspects i have a developmental problem of the patella where the patella fails to form into one solid bone but remains as three separate pieces united by cartilege. according to him the cartilege holding these three plates together wears out very quickly as im an active sportsman and this condition normally lasts for a while but eventually goes on its own. my questions is how long should it be before it goes? i have had it for some years now, siince i was about 16 or so. the condition affetcs both knees though i noticed one of the knees is much stronger now. many thanks for your expected advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mykalls(m): 10:56am On Apr 15, 2011
Doc, i need a good blood pressure apparatus to buy (preferably digital). Where can i get a genuine one?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by applelady(f): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2011
I'm addressing this to doctors familiar with HIV/AIDS, I went 4 HIV test last year May to be precise and tested positive, since then I ve been going 4 the regular 3 months checkup,my CD4 has been going up like from 600 the first time to 1100 last feb when I checked last and my viral laod was 200,my question is,is there anything that has been helping me figth the virus or is there any likelyhood that if I go for another test it would be negative.
NB:since then I ve not had any serious sickness. Pls Ur answer is needed urgently, thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2011
Dear applelady,
Once you tested positive it means you've got the virus and it's impossible for you to test negative afterwards, except you believe in the supernatural. But here are some possible reason why your CD4 count went up to 1100,
could be that you now rest well and eat proper balanced diet. It could also be that you are living positively with the virus and you ain't suffering any psychological distress.
My advice is that you keep up with your present lifestye but don't ever think you will become negative automatically.
Presently, many HIV vaccines are still in clinical trial so you need to be a bit patient.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by applelady(f): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2011
Thanx 4 ur prompt reply, I now understand.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PHINO: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2011
hi doc thanks for ur offer. i would like to know how to know when am ovulating and how to calculate menstral cycle.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by phiriki: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Doc please I observe a slight pain in my right tommy after drinking some bottles of achohol.
please any advice?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dear Phiriki,
The pain you're experiencing is an inflammatory response causes by excessive consumption of alcohol on your liver. The pain although reversible but on continues excessive consumption of alcohol it could be degenerative and could lead to hepatitis.
My candid advise is stop or better still minimise your intake of alcohol to avoid compromising your liver.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
Dear Phiriki,
The pain you're experiencing is an inflammatory response causes by excessive consumption of alcohol on your liver. The pain although reversible but on continues excessive consumption of alcohol it could be degenerative and could lead to hepatitis.
My candid advise is stop or better still minimise your intake of alcohol to avoid compromising your liver.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by phiriki: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Thanks Doc but 2 - 3 bottles in 2days isn't dat much, what about redwine , I hope this will not cause any problem, please advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bukizo(f): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
Hi Doc, I have been suffering from sensitive teeth for yrs, i have been to the dentist over this issue like a thousand times, they have suggested many things like using all these sensitive toothpastes, usin clove oil etc but none of these have worked. any idea what i can do? this pain is getting too much lately, i cant avoid hot/cold food forever
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bukizo(f): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
Hi Doc, I have been suffering from sensitive teeth for yrs, i have been to the dentist over this issue like a thousand times, they have suggested many things like using all these sensitive toothpastes, usin clove oil etc but none of these have worked. any idea what i can do? this pain is getting too much lately, i cant avoid hot/cold food forever, just drank water (room temp) and it hurts like hell
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by daviddayo: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2011
looking for more info on health matter check my signature below
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ranami(m): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2011
@Bukizo: Sensitive teeth is essentially caused by recession of the gum away from the teeth, hence exposing the roots of the teeth which are richly supplied with nerve endings thus resulting in higher sensitivity. This gum recession could be as a result of years of brushing the teeth the wrong way or using brushes with hard bristles. In some cases, the solution is by using those things your dentist suggested, but this usually takes a while before any noticeable improvement. However, if such measures fail then the solution is surgery (grafting).
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by webmasterraj1: 9:45am On Apr 26, 2011
Hello doctor
Due to the busy schedule always feel stress can you tell me the diet for increasing the man power.Age is 35.If any other suggestions then please mention.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2011
Hi Peeps, its been a while.

Last week I woke up with this pain in my left side below my rib region, later in the day the pain reduced and disappeared. This morning I woke up with pain in the opposite (right) side, a bit lower. This one was much as if I was hit there. After urinating it reduced a bit but it still persisted but its reducing. Pls help, thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by COUNTAWO: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2011
Hi Doc,
Thanks for the good works u are doing here.
I've been experiencing indigestion for like two weeks now coupled with abdominal pains and itchy neck.
Whats your advice for me?
thanks abunch.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bismack: 4:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
Dear balogun,thank you for the above medic infos.for six yrs now,i have been troubled with diabetes that disturbs me a lot.pls am taking shots of insulin but the bad is that i know of peeps with similar condition that eats quite some amounts of starchy foods-the rice,eba,takes some sweets and do their medication and they are far better but if i even as much as take fruits like cocumber,carrots, a little rice iand take my insuli,i get urinating so much so often.this worries me to no end.Can u profer if there is a better treatment available as in drugs or a type of special insulin i can use.pls any advice will be appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nekai(f): 6:23am On Apr 29, 2011
Are you testing your blood sugar before every meal? This would help you to better keep track of where your blood sugars are, so that you know the appropriate dosage of insulin to take. The fact that you experience frequent urination suggests that your blood sugars are running high.
Rather than change your insulin, I would suggest that you balance your diet with more complex carbohydrates and protien. If you have had recent bloodwork done and you have the results, check for your Hemoglobin A1c levels. In well-controlled diabetics this number should be at 7% or less, and when it is poorly controlled, the number is greater than 8%.

The key may be in checking your blood sugar more often. People differ in how their bodies react to the carbohydrates ingested. Stick with eating well and add in the protiens and complex carbohydrates like whole grains and oats, and your body will adjust itself.

While there are different types of insulin out there, I would try checking your blood sugar, and adjusting you diet before you consult your physician.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2011
pheesayor:

Hi Peeps, its been a while.

Last week I woke up with this pain in my left side below my rib region, later in the day the pain reduced and disappeared. This morning I woke up with pain in the opposite (right) side, a bit lower. This one was much as if I was hit there. After urinating it reduced a bit but it still persisted but its reducing. Pls help, thanks.

Response(s) plsssssssss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nnenaeze(f): 5:42am On May 02, 2011
I have a large burn from a motorcycle exhaust it has healed but the large brown mark is still there, anyway to get rid of it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abdullahi8(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Hello doctor, i've not been conversant with the forum but can still testifies to the good job. I had an accident 8years ago, which i sustained injury on my shin. After many years that wound have healed the scar/dark spot on my shin stil remain. I would appreciate if u refers cream that would clean the blemish off my shin.
Response please!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nurullah(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2011
Hi doctors in the house. I'm 21 years old male. and i have one major problem which pose to be a deterrent in my life, the problem is SLEEP. I am sure I have never been bitten by tse-tse fly in my life, but it seems so. I sleep a lot. If I'm idle for about 5 minutes and not standing, I slumber which in no time turns to sleep, either sitting or lying down embarassed I have reduced the my eating and still have seen no changes. Please advice me on what to do about my condition. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BolaBanjo: 2:06pm On May 05, 2011
Pls what could be d cause of pain on the neck and shoulder. I've done x-ray and cholestroy level. I was told everything is ok.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by evaino630: 3:10pm On May 05, 2011
Hi Doctor
Please I always cough at night when exposed to much cold, but do not cough if no cold,
Use to spit out substance like catarrh at times during the day. What should I do.
I am still very healthy
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ebenezerk2: 4:11pm On May 05, 2011
Thanks for the good work, If someone has heart problem, what are the signs?, what drugs can someone use?, if it is not treated, how long can the person live?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Henwarin(m): 7:37pm On May 10, 2011
Good day Doc Thanks for your services.Can you pleases advice on what to do about constant headache.I need a lasting solution to this persistent headache of mine.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:06am On May 12, 2011
Dermatologists, Doctors nd Experts should help o, I'm a cute guy, lol, care so much about my health, my looks, my skin nd body generally, I've got a very smooth skin nd no pimples on my face but I just discovered lately dt I now, most times @ nyt av itches on my legs, later @ my back, part of my tigh itches too, I dnt like this @ all, it gives me so much concern as, I've NEVER had sex before, not even once, so, i'm sure it's nt STDs, I eat good food, I stay/live in a good home, I'm an undergraduate, I take my bath regularly like even thrice a day, my wears and briefs are always neat and clean but I noticed d itching started when I changed environment, like two of my friends complianed bout d same, it even affected their own face, I dnt want it to affect my face o, wheneva it starts like dt, most times @ nyt, I scratch my legs vigorously like my life depended on it nd d sensation sweets me wheneva I'm scratching dt I would not want to stop but then I'ld av bruises, little bumps would show up nd part of my legs av spots, dark spots, I dnt know if I'm communicating or any1 has similar xperience, my younger bro nd I stay in d same house, we eat the same food, sleep on d same bed, even share d same sponge nd his skin is as clean and smooth as a baby's, my face is fresh too buh I now av a litl dark spot on my legs nd I'm afraid it myt get to my face, I want the itching to stop pls, nd again I resorted into taking piriton tablets, when I do, the itching stops nd my skin becomes fresh again buh whenever I stop taking piriton, it starts again, so I think d problem is internal, What drugs would U recommend nd ow do I deal wt d litl dark spots on my legs, I dnt wanna av to scratch my legs nd get bruises again, thanks to evry1, I hope to receive helpful tips, drugs nd creams, tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.