Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (654303 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 6:42am On Feb 10, 2011
hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by stonedlive(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
to all
pls forgive my tardiness in derailing from the objective of this thread
can anyone pls recommend a very good well equipped gym around surulere
thanks
u can drop a line or send a mail to akachukwu1@yahoo.com
cheers everyone , enjoy the weekend, grin grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kefuie: 5:29am On Feb 12, 2011
I guess you have hypothyroidism. Have your thyroid checked before it's too late. Try natural supplements.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kefuie:

I guess you have hypothyroidism. Have your thyroid checked before it's too late. Try natural supplements.

i guess this was meant for my question. pls if so how does thyroid gets checked - blood or what? and what natural supplements shud she try?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2011
ceasyc, i suggest you pose your question to dr kathy on the obgyn site here. She is very good at advice for your cousin's problem.
Kefuie, not sure who you are!!!!

Brite02, generally the body tends to get rid of excess vitamin C in the system. Always best to keep things in moderation however by eating well. Double supplements does not make you doubly well.

Jeram, you can't make a bone heal any faster than nature lets it. healing depends on a few factors though and which bone has broken. good blood supply, good nutrition help the healing process
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by just4just: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
hi doc, does using enhancer for erectal deficiency cause / increase infertility in male
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ceasyc(f): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
Balogun:

ceasyc, i suggest you pose your question to dr kathy on the obgyn site here. She is very good at advice for your cousin's problem.

i already posted it to her on d site here but no reply yet. still waiting. . . thx anywayz
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olarhyme(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
pls ur view about this wuld b appreciated.

A 66yr old man consulted his physician abt a dul ache in his right shoulder dat often awakens him durin d night, especially wen he raises his arm above his shoulda. He said d pain sometimes runs dotwn his right arm n dat a frnd told him d pain might b a symptom of heart disease. Durin d physical examinatn, d physician noted dat he kept his shoulda in d adducted positn. As d physician pressed his shoulda firmly just lateral 2 his acromion, she noted extreme tenderness. She asked him 2 raise his upper limb slowly. When his limb reached about 50' of abductn, he said he felt extreme pain. The pain persisted until his limb was wel above his shoulder (abt 130' of abductn). As his limb approached his head, he said d pain disappeared.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brite02(m): 12:19am On Feb 15, 2011
Balogun:

Brite02, generally the body tends to get rid of excess vitamin C in the system. Always best to keep things in moderation however by eating well. Double supplements does not make you doubly well.

Jeram, you can't make a bone heal any faster than nature lets it. healing depends on a few factors though and which bone has broken. good blood supply, good nutrition help the healing process
Balogun:

Doc, 10x. . D 2nd questn u've nt attend.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BabaOnileK: 8:26am On Feb 15, 2011
Good day Doctor in the house, is there any treatment for keloids/bumps at the back of the head/neck? I have seen two different guys who administer injections but these keloids/bumps reappear after a while (when treatment has been completed). Its really embarrassing, what can I do? Any hope of a permanent cure?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Muthew: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2011
Hello doctors in the house.kindly help me proffer solution to my problem, i have been having pepperish sensation in my head,Upper back, lower chest region and stomach. What is the likely cause and solution? Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by zahealer(f): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2011
Dear Doctor,

I have an older friend who suffers from weak legs. She is not paralysed but she cannot walk, she crawls around and has been home-bound for over one year now. She couldn't tell me what the doctors diagnosed and she's spent all her savings buying expensive drugs from a nurse who comes to supply some white tablets in clear plastics to her. My friend said the nurse told her she has damaged nerves and the tablets has steroids to help repair and strengthen the nerves. These nameless tablets cost my friend N18,000 per pack but there is no improvement. She has a zimma frame to move around but its quite a big effort just to get up and use the frame so she's discouraged and hardly moves except on her hands and knees. She's attended physio only once and hasn't returned to the general hospital because she cant get there without physical help and transportation.

What is her condition and how can she be treated at home? Thanks for your help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seyimailer(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2011
My Gfriend has got yellowing in both eyes, although you would have to come close to notice. My fear is it's becoming increasingly visible. I need to know what advice to give her. What should she do or take. Are there natural means of clearing yellow eyes as she is ot the drug taking type. Thanks!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samoy(m): 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2011
A patient had HVS m/c/s done for staph. aureus which was sensitive to ciprofloxacin and gentamycin.Ciprofloxacin was prescribed.But d staph. reoccured.pls,wat else can b prescribed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uglyBetty1(f): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
Good evening,

i don't know how many doctors that actually go through this page. Please i need help urgently. I have been having this feeling of late, i feel as if water is draining form inside of my head down to my back and to my leg, i have gone to many doctors and they keep saying that it is psychology, that there is nothing there and placed on some drugs that they said if i take it, that it will go. I couldn't take those drugs because i know some of them are anti depressant, but of late i have started having other sensations like numb lips, i can't feel any pains in some parts of my body and my neck is feeling as if something is eating me up, at times it will be as i feel some liquid movement at the side of the neck, mind you inside, Infact am so afraid, &i don't know what is wrong with me. The funniest thing is that am not experiencing any pains and no fever, it seems as if my whole body is numb.

Please can any body offer some help as i keep running from one hospital to another and yet nothing is found out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uglyBetty1(f): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
please does it mean that no doctors has come online since i posted this, please i need an answer even if it is a sort of encouragement.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by BAGGYBONES: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
That is very good and thanks this service. Please if any medication is recommended by any physician I suggest you go to nigeriapharmacy.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Machux2010(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
What could be causing occasoinal difficulty of stooling, most times one would experience pain while going to the tiolet, sometimes you will notice blood on the tissue. Could you please help and advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ikandmc(f): 5:56am On Mar 01, 2011
Hello Dr. My friend been having severe migraines for over 34 yrs now. And drs here in us just seems can't help her. She is taking a lot meds for pain and some days she even have to go to ER for some shots or pain. Do you have any advise? Graitly appreciate in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACL(m): 11:42am On Mar 02, 2011
hello Doc,

welldone

pls, my feet pains me so much every morning once i get up from bed o puttin it down on floor. the pains tend to reduce after some movement round d house in preparation for work, sometimes durin d day when i get up from my sit in office i experience some pain also wc subside once i take some few steps .

what could b d cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lynakenz: 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2011
Good day doc, pls av bn havin ds terrible cough for d past 6wks. Av taken complete dosage of septrin twice, am now on ampiclox and immunace yet d cough persists, the worst is that its making me loose weight. I have advised to run xray and test on the mucus, sometimes it pains on my chest and lungs. Pls help. What kind of xray do i run, what drugs do i take, am really tired of the whole situation, pls help. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 05, 2011
Doc,i really need to gain weight.pls wat do i do?av heard of septrin,cypron and the likes bt i'll be glad if u'll tell me wat drugs or supplements to use.thanks doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
Please docs in the house I have this pain in my left hip/pelvis joint. The joints keeps cracking at the slight movement. I've tried alot of medicine, alot of pain killers what do I do. I'm in my mid 20s. Please help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by TawaTemi1(f): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2011
I am using Zinnat 250mg, Betaren 50mg and PCM. I have a 2 month old son whose effect of these drugs made him have a high temperature, sleepless night and he cries a lot. Should I stop the drugs (though it was prescribed by a Doctor)?
Note: I am 3 days into this anti-biotics.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mobsync(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Baxilexi(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
olarhyme: erm, to start with the problem is in his RIGHT ARM so no cause for alarm it aint no heart attach

secondly pains, the bodies way of telling you something is wrong, inflammation

thirdly he can abduct to a certain degree, yes, and theres tenderness in his shoulder, the problem is from his deltoid muscle

since it occurs when he is asleep, he is probably occluding an artery , insufficient blood supply to the area and the story never ends.

possible treatment - some pain killers, change in sleeping position.

worse case senerio, thrombus formation as a result of stesis of blood, leading to gradual and incomplete ischaemia leading to cramps, not gangrene grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by HourGlass1: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ Dr. Balogun, pls i need some medical advice, it all started with a slight sore throat last week and towards the end of the week i noticed some small rash-like stuff under my tongue, they were reddish but as at today my taste bud is totally dead. What can you recommend. Also a neighbour's daughter who is just 2 has always had ADENOIDS, she snores so heavily you wont beleive its coming from her, she normally has constant flu that refuses to go away no matter the antibiotics used. What can we do pls, she just started school and her teachers are not comfortable whenever she falls asleep in class. Thanks in advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ayosmiles(m): 5:38am On Mar 29, 2011
doc wen i wake up i feel tired. i av constant nausea nd pain in my lower abdomen nd my lower back aches. also headache,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chi21: 8:03am On Mar 29, 2011
1. Doctor I need your help 3 woman are having leg pain the can seems to go any were far the are between 60-70 years the have been having that so long.                   
2. How do I go back to my old weight size 8 now am size 14 without going to the gym. I eat right but still not helping. I want to lose the weight before summer 2011.
3. I have Eye problem and I wear glasses for it now that i am adult I stop wearing them because the give me headache what is the cause of that.
4. One of the ladies has a pain on one of her midfinger.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by budrick: 2:12am On Mar 31, 2011
thanks for ur assistance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oweniwe(m): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2011
Greetings to the docs in the house. A cousin of mine is very ill right now. The right side of his body is very swollen while the left side is emanciated. Try picture a man that's half very fat and half very thin. He's been taken to so many hospitals without solution. They've now moved him to the village exploring "traditional" options. What do you assume is wrong wit him and recommend any remedies if available. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mobsync(m): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2011
doc wen i wake up i feel tired. i av constant nausea nd pain in my lower abdomen nd my lower back aches. also headache,
It means u are about 2 DIe bt finish ur story 1st.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.