Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635692 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by geogeous(f): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
Its my mum, she accidentally slipped a cotton bud into her ear lastweek and she wouldnt take it serious. Please what can i do to get it out?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigmitchmob: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Balogun:

I need a medical assistance. I feel this pain in my his, i can hardly bend properly, even when I find it so difficult to stand upright for a while then gradually falls in position. I feel this pain while i'm sitting, walking or lying down with my stomach.

The pain is gradually extending to my back maybe spine. I feel like there is a torn inside my pelvic. I don't know if it's arthritis or something. What should i do, what kinda test should i go for, hospital??

Please i need urgent response.

I feel very uncomfortable

Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
I have itcing on different part of my skin,and though temporary every time it comes up but i always have rashes that look like swollen which really disgust me,though my skin is very sensitive and react to weather conditions,i don't know what could be wrong cos my skin is not what it used to be cos of the swellingand irritation.Pls what could be wrong with me.i am feeling heat in my body which gives me inconvenience
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by geogeous(f): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
he cant respond to emergency situation. So it's better we visit the nearest hospital.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Greatdre(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2012
pls i nid a gud advise..wich is d most lucrativ between studying microbiology in d university & aceptin admisn of SCHOOL OF NURSING of lagos university teaching hospital(LUTH)..Pls i nid advise cos am confused..doctors pls,hw much do i earn monthly as a registered nurse & oda advantages of nursing school..pls rply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sirrinky: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
greetings to all in the house please i need advice on what drugs i can take to boost memory and mental power,am just in my mid 20's and i know this shud not be happening now but i feel my intelligence is on a decline and its rsally affecting me academically and emotionally. all serious advice would be appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ballotelle(m): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2012
Pls i need advice on wat to do or use that can make a man last 30 mins b4 comin during ...
We al knw how important it is to be a man,and to be a man is nt by mouth
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omadachi(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2012
Good day ob/gyn any one who can help.I have a female friend who is 18 years of age but unfortunate she has not develop any breast neither has she started mensurating(not seeing her period).This has been giving me a serious concern.What could be responsible for this?At 18 years for a lady not to have stated seeing her period and without a breast.Is there any medical remedy for this?Thou she was taken to hospital and the Doctor has requested for some laboratory test to be carried iut but i want to be educated on this.Anyone with any information should pls help me out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ngbede69: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2012
Tnx a lot sir..

Sir, is there a treatment for wart?? And how do I go about it??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2012
bigmitchmob: Balogun:

I need a medical assistance. I feel this pain in my his, i can hardly bend properly, even when I find it so difficult to stand upright for a while then gradually falls in position. I feel this pain while i'm sitting, walking or lying down with my stomach.

The pain is gradually extending to my back maybe spine. I feel like there is a torn inside my pelvic. I don't know if it's arthritis or something. What should i do, what kinda test should i go for, hospital??

Please i need urgent response.

I feel very uncomfortable

Thanks in advance.

Please do go to a hospital for check-up
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2012
Greatdre: pls i nid a gud advise..wich is d most lucrativ between studying microbiology in d university & aceptin admisn of SCHOOL OF NURSING of lagos university teaching hospital(LUTH)..Pls i nid advise cos am confused..doctors pls,hw much do i earn monthly as a registered nurse & oda advantages of nursing school..pls rply

Well Nursing is more lucrative but you have to study what you truly like..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2012
Omadachi: Good day ob/gyn any one who can help.I have a female friend who is 18 years of age but unfortunate she has not develop any breast neither has she started mensurating(not seeing her period).This has been giving me a serious concern.What could be responsible for this?At 18 years for a lady not to have stated seeing her period and without a breast.Is there any medical remedy for this?Thou she was taken to hospital and the Doctor has requested for some laboratory test to be carried iut but i want to be educated on this.Anyone with any information should pls help me out.

She's probably a late bloomer and she should take those test as recommended..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2012
mkmyers45:

She's probably a late bloomer and she should take those test as recommended..

She might be a case of Turner's syndrome. I've met a case during my undergraduate years. Her bre[b]a[/b]st looks like that of an 11yr old man, no sign of secondary se[b]x[/b]ual maturation, and does not experience any pre-menstrual signs. She was 19 yrs old and in 3rd yr studying microbiology. I clerked her, asked all the necessary questions and checked her prior investigations. Finally, I made a diagnosis of Turner's syndrome. My consultant was so happy with me that he dashed me 1k in the presence of my colleagues.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2012
ACM10:

She might be a case of Turner's syndrome. I've met a case during my undergraduate years. Her bre[b]a[/b]st looks like that of an 11yr old man, no sign of secondary se[b]x[/b]ual maturation, and does not experience any pre-menstrual signs. She was 19 yrs old and in 3rd yr studying microbiology. I clerked her, asked all the necessary questions and checked her prior investigations. Finally, I made a diagnosis of Turner's syndrome. My consultant was so happy with me that he dashed me 1k in the presence of my colleagues.
You have a point there..it could be too
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by akmusty(m): 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
Am 32 year old man. Dnt drink or smoke.I was once treated of gastriatis or so.abt 2 years ago.and I try to be careful of wat I eat. Since then when ever I check ma BP it always on d high side,142/80 dat was d last one no record of hypertention in ma family.and to make mater worse I feel a burning sensation under ma fot and one of my palm since last week.please help me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
a.kmusty:
Am 32 year old man. Dnt drink or smoke.I was once treated of gastriatis or so.abt 2 years ago.and I try to be careful of wat I eat. Since then when ever I check ma BP it always on d high side,142/80 dat was d last one no record of hypertention in ma family.and to make mater worse I feel a burning sensation under ma fot and one of my palm since last week.please help me.
Go to your doctor..maybe your BP is related with your eating habit.Go for check-up though..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by akmusty(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
mkmyers45: Go to your doctor..maybe your BP is related with your eating habit.Go for check-up though..
av done dat. And I was ask maybe I'm from diabetic family or hypertensive o f which I told dem not.I was given sandoz c,and HCT. Of which I feel more pain anytime I use it.av to stop it.please help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mkmyers45(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
a.kmusty:
av done dat. And I was ask maybe I'm from diabetic family or hypertensive o f which I told dem not.I was given sandoz c,and HCT. Of which I feel more pain anytime I use it.av to stop it.please help
Well watch your eating..Also complain to your doctor about the gastric. Go to a general hospital and see a specalist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by akmusty(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
mkmyers45: Go to your doctor..maybe your BP is related with your eating habit.Go for check-up though..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rexious(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
please help doctors in the house. I've this constant cold, fever, headache and cough that i initially thought was due to wheather condition. I was given a full dose malaria drugs which i took compleely but d fever, headaches and cough still continues. Today another twist was added to the equation, when i cough there was blood in it. I'm so afraid and i don't know what test to do or what to do. Please advice will appreciated. Thnx.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Rexious: please help doctors in the house. I've this constant cold, fever, headache and cough that i initially thought was due to wheather condition. I was given a full dose malaria drugs which i took compleely but d fever, headaches and cough still continues. Today another twist was added to the equation, when i cough there was blood in it. I'm so afraid and i don't know what test to do or what to do. Please advice will appreciated. Thnx.

Pls visit your nearest health clinic tomorrow. A lot of investigations has to be performed on u. The doctor you meets will make the best decision for u based on his clinical judgement and laboratory results.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2012
@ Balogun, pls how do I combat frequent catarrh?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wesley80(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hi Docs, pls I need some very urgent medical advice. My fiancees mum was diagnosed with stage 3 CA of the cervix early this year and was refered to UI teaching hospital from the states teaching hospital to undergo radiotherapy. Fortunately, my Fiancees dad is a Shell retiree so their health matters are managed by Hygeia HMO. On that ground She was taken to Lagoon Hospital were she was further referred to Eko Hospital at their own expense to undergo radiotherapy which lasted for over a month and She was subsequently discharged. She returned in 2wks and was handed a Chemotherapy regiment that She was supposed to undergo at Lagoon Hospital but was told to travel back to her state and give same to her original doctors at a "private hospital".
Now back, she sought treatment at the private hospital but her Doc said they didn't have the capacity for such treatment as it was supposed to be done back in Lagos, so I drove them down to the local Hygeia office where a doctor manning the office said he could "arrange" the treatment locally along with the proprietor of the private hospital. Apparently they r getting someone from outside town to oversee the process. The course of treatment expected to last abt 6wks begins in a few days but I'm not comfortable. The Dr. at the local Hygeia office gave the impression that chemotherapy sessions aren't a big deal when I queried the level of expertise available saying he was only trying to reduce the strain of travelling back to Lagos on the patient but I've been hearing otherwise.
My question is, are these guys just looking for some short cut in order to spend less or should I relax as there's really not much to worry? Should we accept a chemotherapy session to be conducted in a private hospital that failed to diagnose the ailment till it got to stage 3A(The diagnosis was done at the states teaching hospital on referral from the private hospital) or should we insist on treatment at the Lagoon hospital?
I'll consider your advice invaluable.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
wesley80: Hi Docs, pls I need some very urgent medical advice. My fiancees mum was diagnosed with stage 3 CA of the cervix early this year and was refered to UI teaching hospital from the states teaching hospital to undergo radiotherapy. Fortunately, my Fiancees dad is a Shell retiree so their health matters are managed by Hygeia HMO. On that ground She was taken to Lagoon Hospital were she was further referred to Eko Hospital at their own expense to undergo radiotherapy which lasted for over a month and She was subsequently discharged. She returned in 2wks and was handed a Chemotherapy regiment that She was supposed to undergo at Lagoon Hospital but was told to travel back to her state and give same to her original doctors at a "private hospital".
Now back, she sought treatment at the private hospital but her Doc said they didn't have the capacity for such treatment as it was supposed to be done back in Lagos, so I drove them down to the local Hygeia office where a doctor manning the office said he could "arrange" the treatment locally along with the proprietor of the private hospital. Apparently they r getting someone from outside town to oversee the process. The course of treatment expected to last abt 6wks begins in a few days but I'm not comfortable. The Dr. at the local Hygeia office gave the impression that chemotherapy sessions aren't a big deal when I queried the level of expertise available saying he was only trying to reduce the strain of travelling back to Lagos on the patient but I've been hearing otherwise.
My question is, are these guys just looking for some short cut in order to spend less or should I relax as there's really not much to worry? Should we accept a chemotherapy session to be conducted in a private hospital that failed to diagnose the ailment till it got to stage 3A(The diagnosis was done at the states teaching hospital on referral from the private hospital) or should we insist on treatment at the Lagoon hospital?
I'll consider your advice invaluable.

Wesley80, you can only blame the doctor at the private hospital partly since they lack the facilities to conduct "pap smear" which would have detected cervical cancer earlier. Though I have every reason to accuse the doctor of incompetence for failing to identify the tell-tale signs of cervical cancer. Had he acted with little competence, this issue would not have gotten to this stage. However, that does not mean that he might not be able to handle chemotherapy session. So you should stick with him. Don't waste your money running about. The treatment at this stage is palliation.
Pls don't blame the doctor at the private hospital for any eventuality. This blame lies squarely with u, your fiance and the patient. Every women are advised to go for "pap smear" every two years from the age of 40. Had she stuck to this routine, you wouldn't have come here to lay your complaint. Let this serve as a lesson to your fiancee and other family members. All the best bro! Be strong.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wesley80(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
^ My most sincere appreciation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by samla(m): 7:58am On Aug 24, 2012
Hi doc,I read with delight your medical advice to all niranlanders and I'm really impressed.may God continue to bless you.
I just want inform you about a particular supplement introduced to me by a friend from the states .I used to have chest pain,cold and cattarh.often times due to the nature of my job,I feel stressed out when i get home,resulting in lack of proper sleep and palpitations,so I drink excess water to be able to sleep.ever since I started taking this supplement,all of that has seized and I feel great.I have seen the product here in nigeria and I'd like all nairalanders to take advantage of it.I also gave one to a friends' mother suffering from high blood pressure,to my surprise,her bp has stabilise and she is full of life,iv also heard of people that used it for other ailments and it worked.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bright007(f): 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
ĥėļļő doctors in d house,u guys are doing å great job.
For d past one week now I have been f̶̲̥̅̊
èéĪīʼnĝ this pain in my stomach and it has refused to stop.I wake up many times at nights f̶̲̥̅̊
èéĪīʼnĝ d pains.It goes for some hours and later I feel sharp pains again and again.
I don't feel pains in my body at all but I observe my saliva is tasting bitter.
What do u think is wrong with my system?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
bright007: ĥėļļő doctors in d house,u guys are doing å great job.
For d past one week now I have been f̶̲̥̅̊
èéĪīʼnĝ this pain in my stomach and it has refused to stop.I wake up many times at nights f̶̲̥̅̊
èéĪīʼnĝ d pains.It goes for some hours and later I feel sharp pains again and again.
I don't feel pains in my body at all but I observe my saliva is tasting bitter.
What do u think is wrong with my system?

Bright007, I will advise u to visit your nearest hospital. The doctor(s) there will offer the best solution to your problem based on his/their clinical judgement.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by okunlo: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hi Doc. I am 30. i have not have sex before though i masturbate once in a while for the last 5 yrs.Also, I often have morning erections. i got married some weeks ago and each time i do pre-intimacy with my wife, i dont get a strong erection.I have not been able to dis-virgin her.When i have little erection, once i go into her a little, the erection comes down again.What do I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
okunlo: Hi Doc. I am 30. i have not have sex before though i masturbate once in a while for the last 5 yrs.Also, I often have morning erections. i got married some weeks ago and each time i do pre-intimacy with my wife, i dont get a strong erection.I have not been able to dis-virgin her.When i have little erection, once i go into her a little, the erection comes down again.What do I do?

Both of you need to spend more time together in non-se[i]x[/i]ual activities. Shop together, club together, visit recreation venues during the weekends. You may also help her out in the kitchen and other domestic chores. Moreover, try to have a heart-to-heart discussion with your wife on your problem. You may be surprised that your wife feels the same way too. There are many books that dealt on this topic. Find them and read. Work on your psychology. You must know that your celibate life is over. You must programme your mind to perform your duty as a husband. Both of u may also benefit from a visit to a medical psychologist or a relationship counsellors in your church or elsewhere.
Remember to come back here to share with us how you conquered your problem for the benefit of others. Cheers
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sholastewart(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Help! Solutions to Bad breath that are cause by sinusitis
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Realman4: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2012
Hello Doc,
Please at what month old can a baby's genotype be tested and where in Nigeria can one do a foetus genotype test?

I have a 3months old baby and i will like to carry out genotype test on her and also a foetus test on d mother whenever she is pregnant again.

​̷̷̴̩̩̥̐‎​​‎​​̷̷̴̩̩̥̐͠♧thanks♧°˚˚˚°♧

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.