Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" (60165 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Goat Thief Burnt Alive In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by hotspec(m): 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Its hard to correct evil with evil. But since.people have lost confidence in our police, what else do u expect. But still I SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE. May God uphold ur family and comfort u

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by SaintMorris: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Serious!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by atirolu(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
I really condemned the act of killing the young boy totally is barbaric and uncalled for...
However, Nigerians have lost confidence in the police and that is the reason jungle justice prevail in our land as of today, even myself can't involve police in any case that as to do with robbery I ll rather let go.....
NPF are not helping matters

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Ekeseges(f): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
God heal your family

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bezimo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
If to kill and murder is good let those theives experience it.

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by baddosky1: 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
I have read this epistle and i must say it is so sad. But there is no smoke without fire!

Questions begging for answers...When there is a problem, the way to tackle it effectively is from the root!

That area is known for notorious area boys and touts who engage in these nefarious acts! I don't want to SOUND TRIBAL but we all know the ethnic region where these touts and criminals originate from!

What is Ambode's Govt doing to secure lives and properties of innocent passers-by in that hotspot? NOTHING!

What is the Lagos RRS which the Lagos Government "equipped" with so-called State-Of-The-Art Gadgets and Equipments doing to curb crime in that area? NOTHING!

Rather, what LASG and Ambode are busy doing is making strenuous efforts to take over Ladipo Market from the Igbos!

I rest my case!

8 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Uwaomaokey(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2016

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by henrydadon(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.

he is not a young boy..stop saying rubbish..that a young adult in his early twenties

8 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by danthamccoy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
This story has left me confused. I'm vehemently against jungle justice but I can just imagine myself in this guy's shoes. To be honest, I doubt I'd be feeling particular sympathetic about lynched robbers. Imagine stabbing a young boy in the neck. For a Galaxy Tab that I'm sure didn't go for more than 10k.
The heart of man can be really wicked.

13 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by GodwinTobi(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
The guy I am seeing in that pics looks older than a seven year old boy.... Unless Na him. Stealing age be dat....

7 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
As he said, I don't have a right to say NO lynching until I've been affected.

How many of you crying, "They should have handed him to the police?" would gently watch a loved one being insulted by just anybody.

The truth is, WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF UNTIL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH SOME DIFFICULT TIME.

Some of these thieves are cruel and won't give up until...THEY'RE STOPPED, in any manner. Newton's 1st Law.

It's painful but so was Clifford Orji...many wished and prayed he was killed because they've been affected negatively.

Don't judge this young man. You're not in his shoes. I don't like Jungle Justice but sometimes, that's all we have left.

9 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by eph12(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
I don't see this country getting better for even the next 20 years. So many wrongs that even when you're correcting a wrong you end up doing another wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Morhziez(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Join My Business Group as i Tell you some cool platforms to make money---https:///94c3guph2zC5R5xm5GQSFd
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by mokoshalb(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
veekid:

yeah I concur; but not like a poor 7 year old boy
bro, dont u have a 7 year old around you..? compare to this, according to a pal staying around there, said, its a gang of around 16 - 20+ ....

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Rilwayne001: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
Sigh! cry cry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Appliedmaths(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Kill him and kill his spirit again. Burn his already burnt body. Its like you people don't know families these guys have rendered useless...

7 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nigeriatraining: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Friends??

Sounds like your brother had the wrong friends(Looks like the act was "perhaps" perpetuated by his friends)

Because I do not understand why they would abandoned his body at that critical stage of his dear life.

I myself have had a first hand experience of his phone thieves(Pick Pocket-er). He successfully pick my phone out of pocket but my instinct kept giving me signs that all wasn't right with the familiarity and the mr nice guy attitude he was displaying. The Gag was that I caught him with my phone in his hands after I have taken 3 steps away from where I stood talking to him. I could have easily screamed Ole, Thief and he would have been lynched to death.

Next time he might not be that lucky. These BOYS needs to be careful.

In other hand, often time there are most cases of wrong alarm been raised and before you can say JACK. The whole neigborhood would have pounced on that person..
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Raziii(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
No!!!!!! We need help! Nigeria seriously need help. We only think of ourselves. That's the problem with us. From our leaders down to the masses. That boy properly had parents, siblings, what would they be going through seeing their son being killed in such gruesome manner. You talked about your mother going through hell, how about that boy's family? What must they be going through. And you justify the killing of someone else even though you have experienced what it feels like to lose someone? He was human after all. If we all go with this mentality, what would become of our country? Laws are made for a reason! To be honest, anyone that watched that video or witnessed that lynching and still support such action, my goodness, I don't wanna be judgmental but such person has a dark mind and should be feared!

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by tunnamaniah(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.

"Can never be justified", there is no justice in d world ma'am, d world is a jungle, justice is just one useless and meaningless word coz the world ain't just.

And in jungle, u are either the prey or d predator

5 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by MOFAZIT: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
I still remember my own scene, when coming back from the last GOTV boxing night. ... I barely escape those boys.... Still thanking My God till now ..
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Phi001(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
I'm just waiting for that idiot to come here and blame Buhari again.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by SWORD419(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
They said this is normal, why they call cutting off the hand of a matured thief uncivilized.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by ItzHoludex(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
bad bt doesn't call for jungle justice
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by jumobi1(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
Peacetemi:
Just look at the awful mentality of these people.
Do you think there aren't far worse criminals than these in foreign countries? Especially the United States
There are loads of serial killers, rapists, and horrid paedophiles.

But when they're caught, they still hand them to the police.

Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity!

You disrespect US law enforcement by comparing it with Nigeria's. They don't collect bribe like Nigerians do over here. Look at what's happening to the Nigerian Justices. Jungle justice is easy to criticize but their hands may have been forced. We need to be objective. If government doesn't fight corruption, innocent lives will sadly be lost at the hand of jungle justice because law enforcement doesn't enforce.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Btruth: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
.....honestly hope the police will hear or read this now.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by rhektor(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
eponoloyin:
is that so?
then Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan deserves to die with all his cabinet members
PMB should release these looters for Nigerians... no more rule of law

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by ZoneBslayer(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
and killing this boy will bring back your lost kin? or will it make your loss more bearable? that is assuming it was even this boy that killed your kin... I can't bear to see animals slaughtered, much more a young boy..these unbridled murder in the full glare of the public is why this cesspit of a country will NEVER succeed..the wanton spilling of blood in broad daylight has polluted the very ground upon which Nigerians walk..
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by jumobi1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
baddosky1:
I have read this epistle and i must say it is so sad. But there is no smoke without fire!

Questions begging for answers...When there is a problem, the way to tackle it effectively is from the root!

That area is known for notorious area boys and touts who engage in these nefarious acts! I don't want to SOUND TRIBAL but we all know the ethnic region where these touts and criminals originate from!

What is Ambode's Govt doing to secure lives and properties of innocent passers-by in that hotspot? NOTHING!

What is the Lagos RRS which the Lagos Government "equipped" with so-called State-Of-The-Art Gadgets and Equipments doing to curb crime in that area? NOTHING!

Rather, what LASG and Ambode are busy doing is making strenuous efforts to take over Ladipo Market from the Igbos!

I rest my case!

No we don't all know the ethnicity because it is irrelevant.

4 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Icecomrade: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Let's Call a Spade a Spade "He Who wears a shoe knows where it pinches"

Yes I Hate Jungle Justice but these Robbers atimes kill their victims before robbing them off their phones/Wallets/ Laptops etc....

Well "They Say Two Wrongs don't make it Right" -Wyclef

But loosing a brother to these miscreants can make even a gentle soul to partake in such Jungle Justice cry

The death of the culprit never brings reprieve in our minds.

Because our loved ones will never return.

The death will not heal the heart break, it only reminds.

That's the psychology.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by rhektor(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
tunnamaniah:

"Can never be justified", there is no justice in d world ma'am, d world is a jungle, justice is just one useless and meaningless word coz the world ain't just.

And in jungle, u are either the prey or d predator

So what are you?
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by abbey621(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
It's easy to condemn the act until you have been personally involved. When you have lost loved ones and family members are now paranoid just because of a senseless attack, when this happens no amount of compassion can stop you from seeking justice. Our police and security operatives have failed us, our politicians and government officials have also failed us. In a society where thieves and killers rule the day, NEVER EVER blame the masses when they REVOLT!

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by rabex123(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
I agree with you..
The part you said..your mom waits till night to Cry..
I can relate to that..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dismissed Soldier Kills Girlfriend Over Text Messages / Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos / Onitsha Barber Beheads Boy In Ebonyi And Drinks His Blood, Blames Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.