Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" (60164 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Goat Thief Burnt Alive In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Smooyis(m): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police

This should have been the right thing in a sane society where the police is effective. Nigeria police as it is presently structured is part of the problems of this nation. Each state indeed needs her own police. Or at worse regional policing. Or two or three states having same policing. Without the decentralization of policing in Nigeria, we will continue to have problem of trust in our black uniformed men.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by ndcide(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Suddenly, those who support the attack on the judges, those who use wicked words on politicians they hate are now preaching against jungle justice.

Kai!!!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by VickyRotex(f): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Yeah, l think the populace have lost faith in the police / judiciary and hence the spate of jungle justice and an eye for an eye kind of thing, sometimes, the police are also not helping in the whole issue, there have been cases where you hand over suspects to the police, they collect egunje and release the suspects back to the society and the suspect comes back to hunt / kill those who took him to the police, but, l am not in support of jungle justice, it is better that crime is punished appropriately by the existing laws but when the police / judiciary seems to be immensed in so much drama of recent, then you see the citizens resorting to jungle justice sad sad

I understand you perfectly, but then again, just like you said, I do believe Jungle Justice is bad and should not be encouraged. But what do I know?

I also did lost faith in the Police, when I got attacked by robbers on my way from Abuja, 5 years ago. It was a terrible experience, I still have the scar on my knees, gotten from the fact that I dived into the bush. lol.
The sad part was that, we were 2 minutes away from the last police check point we met on the road, and it took over 30 minutes for the same police men to come to our rescue. They came after the robbers were done raiding, and leaving. That day I lost Faith in Police. I cried!

The guy that stole my belongings, passed beside me in the bush, I was so scared that he was gonna see me, and shoot me. But he dint even see me. When I came out of the bush, I saw people that were shot. It was a terrible experience, that took sleep from my eyes for months. I wasnt myself anylonger. Hearing any little sound makes me scared.
But after a while, I had to remember that, there are still some good ones in the Police Force.

Or is it the one that we got back home one day, and realized that all our belongings were gone, that I want to talk about? These people are wicked, but then it takes Grace to Forgive.

Now that said, Lives are more valued in some countries than the other, and irrespective of the crime a person commits, they still give such a person a chance to live.
Example, Just last week, I was in a lecture, and we were discussing the steps of interrogation and getting information from criminals, and the Professor, told us you have to pet the suspect, you have to talk to the suspect, et al and not use any force or torture.

When I heard that, I raised up my hand to ask a question. I said "Sir, are you saying even if it's a matter of live and death, you wouldnt torture a "prime suspect" to release information?" Hian! What kind of a thing is that?

He said the law of the country forbids torture, and does not encourage it. Except in rare cases, which are very rare. He said talking yields more results than torture.
I was like huh! But I watch all these in movies, and they torture people, and he said, those are "make believe".

My brother, it is well with our Country! I wont lose hope!

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Ahmadgani(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
thats what civilization brings,

"hand over criminals to police."

I was against jungle justice but my encounter with robbers is changed my mindset

they are heartless, they go extra mile just to forcefully take what does not belong to them

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Afritop(m): 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police
EASIER SAID THAN DONE.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by tkpoint2(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.

Yes you are right,
But it will teach other potential thieves lessons
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Zirah: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
You rest your case? Nope, you don't have any case to begin with.

You said you don't want to sound tribalistic but you already are.

You don't have to reside in Lagos. Infact, pack up your luggage and go back to your village with immediate effect!!!

baddosky1:
I have read this epistle and i must say it is so sad. But there is no smoke without fire!

Questions begging for answers...When there is a problem, the way to tackle it effectively is from the root!

That area is known for notorious area boys and touts who engage in these nefarious acts! I don't want to SOUND TRIBAL but we all know the ethnic region where these touts and criminals originate from!

What is Ambode's Govt doing to secure lives and properties of innocent passers-by in that hotspot? NOTHING!

What is the Lagos RRS which the Lagos Government "equipped" with so-called State-Of-The-Art Gadgets and Equipments doing to curb crime in that area? NOTHING!

Rather, what LASG and Ambode are busy doing is making strenuous efforts to take over Ladipo Market from the Igbos!

I rest my case!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by adepiero: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The media portrayed the thief as a 7yr old but from the video and pics, he looks way older than that.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by NevetsIbot(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:

he isnt a young boy. He's a guy... A man in ln legal times. Stop supporting these fucktards.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Zirah: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
What do you know about being a victim? Have you been stabbed before? Had your ear ripped off or your left eye plucked out of its socket? If you're neither of these things, pls don't tell us "two wrongs don't make a right ".

cococandy:
I've been a victim twice. I still won't support jungle justice.

The person who stabbed your brother was evil. So are the ordinary citizens who might have helped save him but decided no to. You are all cut from the same cloth. That's why you're able to kill people like this, justify the killing and refuse to help the dying soul in an emergency. Wicked humans.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by olopaooo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
I can also testify to the activities of this boys at alafia bus stop.. They are truly deadly and can do anything to get your stuff from you
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by emmydollars4life(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
people have lost confidence in our police, even lawyers are collecting bribe, what stop police to do their work in that place base on all this news that people lost their lives and property at that place.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
If the deceased is actually guilty of the alledged offence then killing him so fast was a mistake. He would have been bent backward and tied to an iron or wooden pole , then roasted gently as you would a steak. The roast should be well packaged and sent to the family especially the mother for bringing a child to this world she knew she could not raise and also failing in her duty as a mother. The father should the served the heart and limbs. Nonsense. You don't kill these rats so fast. You kill them slowly by roasting and slicing them in bits while still alive. I rise.

5 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by maasoap(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
kross101:

Tell it to someone that has bn a victim. I abhor theft and anytyn that makes a man cry but I support all solutions including lynching as long as it's done to d ryt person. The police can't protect us so we gotta protect ourselves now.
This is the same reason jungle justice is being condenmed. Many innocent people have been accused wrongly and killed before the truth is revealed. SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by maasoap(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
Zirah:
What do you know about being a victim? Have you been stabbed before? Had your ear ripped off or your left eye plucked out of its socket? If you're neither of these things, pls don't tell us "two wrongs don't make a right ".

And you. Have both your eyeballs plucked out? Tell us, we want to know.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Mujinho4b(m): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
That boy is not 7years old.. That boy is at least 16.. Or above.. He got what he deserves, just that now that area will suffer, if the group of thieves are notorious.. Na to watch ur back now o.. Or start moving by backsliding... undecided
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bigfather(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
AND MORE REVELATION FROM JOINT ACTION AID....
Not much different from my own findings. . . Read on.
'The true account of the young man lynched and summarily burnt to death at Orile Iganmu last Saturday speaks of the uncertainty and brevity of human life in Nigeria. It was Saturday, the 11th day of November 2016. The venue of this macabre killing orgy was at Augustine Onwualu Street, Orile Iganmu, Lagos.
A woman, (name withheld) was walking along the ever busy road of Augustine Onwualu street, Orile Iganmu. She had an Infinix Hotnote 2 handset with which she was making telephone calls in high pitched voice, frantically gesticulating in the process. Close by, on the same street were a gang of 4 notorious thieves, well known in the area for their dare devilry and viciousness. They were there, waiting, prowling and surveying the entire scenery for a vulnerable victim to rob and dispossessed of their valuables as they often do in the past. And successfully too.
The woman approached. Still talking on the phone and gesticulating with her free arm. She was immediately spotted by the very perceptive eyes of this criminal gang. A brief conference amongst them, she was adjudged a soft target. There was no need for further plans or careful surveillance. After all they had done this successfully in the past. More so, their sheer ferocity makes them a sort of feared mobster in the local vicinity. But it turned out to be a miscalculation. And costly one at that!
They approached and circled the woman who was oblivious of her surrounding and the imminent attack on her person. The robbery attack was swift and very decisive. She was held from behind by two members of the gang. One of them deftly pruned her hand bag off her shoulder and the same time attempted to retrieved the telephone with which she was making calls from her other arm. The last of the gang stood guard, providing cover for the others.
They had during their planning stage misjudged the desperation of a Nigerian woman about to be dispossessed. The victim reacted swiftly. She let the hand free and held on tenaciously to her phone. A struggle ensued. The victim plaintively cried out for help. A motley crowd gathered. The other members of the gang, appropriately appraising the situation fled the scene. The fourth member was not so lucky. He continued to engage in an internecine struggle with victim for the phone. In desperation, he brought out a dagger, and cold bloodedly stabbed the woman repeatedly in the chest, stomach and shoulder. There is a proverb, when a strong animal flirts too much with the trap, he makes his meat available for children to share with teeth.
The gathered crowd became enraged and promptly apprehended the abandoned thief. He was beaten to stupor, Tied up and set ablaze while the maddening crowd continued to bay for his blood.
Joint Action Aid was alerted on Monday when video clips of the dastardly murder went viral on social media. We reported the yet another resort to "jungle justice" to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos state. The video clips were carefully analyzed and some arrest made. The six people arrested through our efforts denied criminal culpability and brought fast talking lawyers.
More frustrating, the charred remains of the alleged thief had been removed. The area council and Orile Iganmu police claimed ignorance of the whereabouts of the corpse. Thus we have a dead zone situation. No dead body, no witnesses and then, most understandably, an unwilling complainant still battling for survival from the grievous multiple stabbing at the hospital.
We returned back to the office, again defeated. Frustrated. And defeated.The rule of law is vanquished again. The rule of the jungle continues to win triumphantly.
Kingsley Ughe ,a legal practitioner and General Counsel of the Joint Action Aids, can be reached via k.ughe@aol.com
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by leisuretym: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
the lynching and stabbing of people cos of phone will still continue if government continue failing to perform its duty, the coons have to eat and that's why they are robbing people they feel are richer than them, some of these morons robbed my friends about a month ago, they went to his house in the midnight with AK47 and removed his TV and Iphone including two other phones belonging to his fiancee and his brother, they tied them in a military style which made it look suspicious, and the kind of guns they came with, they wanted to rob the whole flats but had to leave when the noise was getting too much, but the question is why will 5men move around with guns just to rob someone of TV and phone not worth more than 100k on the street, what if they were caught? even if they werent caught, does it worth the risk? how much will even one gang member get after sharing the loot? anyway!
afterward, the case was reported to the police, but police need more infos to work with also, just few days ago, as they couldnt flash the Iphone 6 without the password , as they were showing it to buyers, they showed it to someone who know my friend cos he used his photo as screen saver, he called him and in turn contacted the police who got them arrested!
the guys are still in detention now, are they not foolish??
I'm sure they will soon be released and return to robbing people again.

what is the government doing to reduce crime rate?
why not just find a way to channel those boys energy into agriculture?

this is a big problem ! government should play its roles or this kind of thing will continue!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by july66: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

I pray u never encounter one of them.
Then u will know that they show o mercy.
please don't misquote me. I didn't say the attack on Obinna has no link with the thieves. I said it could also be a reprisal attack or cult related. Investigations will open up the hidden details.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bigfather(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

Ure so right.
Of a truth if this is done it will go a long way to curb tjis barbaric act. Many parents will want to know what their children are doing,where they go and who they move with so as for the children not to put them in trouble.

Dear my encounter with them was a deadly one, I already said my last prayer that day cos i never tot i would survive the matchet cut to the head, neck and hand. Funniest part it happened in Ibadan.

I was never in support of jungle justice until i was a victim. I go out everyday hoping trailer will crush them into pieces while caught in the act.

i feel you bro.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by JFT24(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Peacetemi:
Just look at the awful mentality of these people.
Do you think there aren't far worse criminals than these in foreign countries? Especially in the United States
There are loads of serial killers, rapists, and horrid paedophiles.

But when they're caught, they still hand them to the police.

Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity!

And where did you get that from?

is either you have never been to Nigeria or you are a police

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
bigfather:

i feel you bro.

Am a lady angry
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
july66:
please don't misquote me. I didn't say the attack on Obinna has no link with the thieves. I said it could also be a reprisal attack or cult related. Investigations will open up the hidden details.
Alright
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Rozaystunna(m): 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
2Pr3cise:
This is not Jungle Justice, this is true Justice!

I'm no fan of jungle justice but you will never understand what true PAIN is, until you experience it - Nagato (Naruto Shippuden) !

This bandits have brought pain to many. It's our job to send them to God for judgment!
I like the tendo pain reference smiley smiley
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by 5kjobber: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
TIME TO STAND UP AGAINST BARBARISM- MY PERSONAL STORY OF HOW MY OWN MOTHER WAS BURTH TO DEATH BY A BARBARIC CROWD IN 1978 AND WHY WE MUST END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
Following my earlier post on facebook (opebanwo2), I was taken aback by the response of someone named Emmanuel who basically was trying to justify why it is okay to burn ‘armed robbers’ on the spot.

So, the time has apparently come for us to have that debate we should have had over 30 years ago, as a nation.

That response from Emmanuel defending the indefensible, made me so angry I almost burst a pipe. Then I remembered that EVERYONE HAS A STORY IN NIGERIA. That is probably why the world is fascinated by Nollywood. Believe it or not, most of those movie plots in Nigerian movies were based on TRUE STORIES, albeit, embellished.

For a start, I can’t believe ANYONE would justify the summary killing of another -jungle-justice style, like some guy just did on Nairaland. His long and short story is that his brother was killed at that junction by armed robbers and that armed robbers are notorious for robbing and killing people at that junction. There, it was nemesis that made them catch this ‘rice stealer’ boy and good for him that he was killed on the spot.

HABA! There is nothing more ungodly, and nothing more barbaric to have this mindset. So, because your brother was killed by armed robbers, so all captured armed robbers must be beaten to death on the spot without trial? Even if it’s a minor boy? Really? Therefore, I said I am ashamed to be part of a people that think like this!

YOU SHOULD NEVER JUSTIFY BARBARISM UNDER ANY GUISE! You cannot justify one act of barbarism with another act of barbarism against another. Even if the person was an armed robber, which is not even the case here, from what I can see. From what I can see, the boy may not be 7 years old but he was a minor
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by fkdmods: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
henrydadon:

please come back to tell me the same thing if someone stab your mum in her sleep

Like I said; only animals think this way. How can anyone be so comfortable talking about murder. Smh.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
eph12:
I don't see this country getting better for even the next 20 years. So many wrongs that even when you're correcting a wrong you end up doing another wrong.
20 years you say? grin grin try 100 years or never ever.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by baddosky1: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
Zirah:
You rest your case? Nope, you don't have any case to begin with.

You said you don't want to sound tribalistic but you already are.

You don't have to reside in Lagos. Infact, pack up your luggage and go back to your village with immediate effect!!!

I don't reside in your worthless lagos. I don't even live in your Buharistified Nigeria. Try and sober up okay!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by ogunsj: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
veekid:

yeah I concur; but not like a poor 7 year old boy
who even came with that age figure? that thief is not 7yrs for crying out loud. that said, don't pray for your enemy to be a victim. sometime in August, a bike man from adamawa state was stab to death at the back by a supposedly passenger his carrying on top of coconut bridge, between coconut bus stop and tin can apapa and made away with his bike that is not worth #150. it's easy to condemn the barbaric act, but those who had fallen victim of their dastardly act Wii tell you better.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
leisuretym:
the lynching and stabbing of people cos of phone will still continue if government continue failing to perform its duty, the coons have to eat and that's why they are robbing people they feel are richer than them, some of these morons robbed my friends about a month ago, they went to his house in the midnight with AK47 and removed his TV and Iphone including two other phones belonging to his fiancee and his brother, they tied them in a military style which made it look suspicious, and the kind of guns they came with, they wanted to rob the whole flats but had to leave when the noise was getting too much, but the question is why will 5men move around with guns just to rob someone of TV and phone not worth more than 100k on the street, what if they were caught? even if they werent caught, does it worth the risk? how much will even one gang member get after sharing the loot? anyway!
afterward, the case was reported to the police, but police need more infos to work with also, just few days ago, as they couldnt flash the Iphone 6 without the password , as they were showing it to buyers, they showed it to someone who know my friend cos he used his photo as screen saver, he called him and in turn contacted the police who got them arrested!
the guys are still in detention now, are they not foolish??
I'm sure they will soon be released and return to robbing people again.

what is the government doing to reduce crime rate?
why not just find a way to channel those boys energy into agriculture?

this is a big problem ! government should play its roles or this kind of thing will continue!
the government are not doing anything because it's not their children or families are been robbed and stabbed, when the thieves start robbing and stabbing the people in government you will see the speed the government will do something.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dismissed Soldier Kills Girlfriend Over Text Messages / Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos / Onitsha Barber Beheads Boy In Ebonyi And Drinks His Blood, Blames Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.