Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" (60163 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Goat Thief Burnt Alive In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Omotayor123(f): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.
HE is Not a boy but a full grown man.

So Sad anywayz

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Blonchilli(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Oreoo:
and the new recruit if caught will be burnt accordingly..
and the number keeps increasing

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by osubair(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Weeks to my wedding myself and my wife where robbed early morning on our way to the office, windscreen shattered, four mobile phones stolen.

My wife cried because she was so terrified, I was upset because I felt helpless and couldn't protect my woman.

Ever since I made up my mind to be ready whenever this happens again, this led to paranoia.

Late October 2016 on my way to the office descending eko bridge saw this dude running towards my car I had nothing in my car to protect myself because I sold my car with the weapon I had in case of robbery. Luckily for me he was going to rob the car by my side (driver side), as he was at it I couldn't let him have a field day to rob those innocent people so I decided to help.

I accelerated and pinned the thief to the body of the car he was busy robbing even as I heard something snap in his body I didn't let him go he scream and fought my car, but the thief didn't drop the phone as he held onto it like his life depended on it. Had to let him go because the occupant of the robbed car where so frightened to act and I no wan je gbese of you bash my car.

If the guy had fell in front of my car I wouldn't mind killing him and I can guarantee you i'll have no remorse.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bangging(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police
the boy is too young doh...
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by berrystunn(m): 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
You are a disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Obanz2(f): 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
veekid:

yeah I concur; but not like a poor 7 year old boy
is 20s

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by BIDOO(m): 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
midehi2:
hian! very sad story, but I hope with this your statement, you won't be held responsible for the lynching because sometimes police think with their anus, That thief aint 7yrs old, he is more than, despite this, them go still dey rob for that bus stop.
i tell you, even in that particular place where this lynch occur i mean in that present hour when this mugger got burned, some will still robbed unsuspecting victim in that same gathering

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by smilinfaze: 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
i wish we could go ahead and kill our leader stealing billion of naira like this

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Reading that story yesterday on NL I was so down to the point of weeping and I rained curses on the killers but reading the ordeal of this guy today may God forgive me for cursing the killers.

See it is high time the government start picking up parents of thieves and robbers and start jailing them for bringing problem into the society. It sounds funny grin But reallly Why must you bring a child you can't take care into the world. Once some ppl give birth to Children they don't care how they survive, no training no nothing. They thereby grow up on the street become societal Headaches.

And another thing is this trend of "There is No God' beliefs spreading in the society. A parent that tells a child God does not exist how does he put fear and morals in a Child at that tender age and once you missed it at that small age you have damaged the life of your kid for life. Nothing Checks him again because "there is no God anywhere" So he does anything and believes he can go away with it. Once no one sees him doing it no God does also.

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by cybriz82(m): 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
wtf is wrong with sum of y'all callin dis grownup dude a 7yrs old boy....7yrs old ke wey still dey suck him mama breast?

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by mightyleks(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Am lost mixed feeling

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by berrystunn(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Peacetemi:
Just look at the awful mentality of these people.
Do you think there aren't far worse criminals than these in foreign countries? Especially in the United States
There are loads of serial killers, rapists, and horrid paedophiles.

But when they're caught, they still hand them to the police.

Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity!

And where did you get that from?

You are a disgrace to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by austinfan4love(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
londonrivals:

A social media user has narrated he and his family’s experience with the Alafia Bus stop thieves.

Recall that a photo went viral yesterday of a thief who was mobbed and subsequently burnt by angry Lagosians, the social media user, Harrison who is a presenter narrated the incident which he reported happened not far from his house.

Read his tweets below:

1. Let me share my own side of this lynching story. From where the alleged thief was burnt, to my house is a trekable.

2. It is a notorious bus-stop for phone thieves i.e Alafia, the bus-stop before Orile, if you’re coming from Mile 2.

3. I lost my blood brother to these thieves in January of this year. He was 20, & was coming back from dance rehearsal.

4. He was holding his friend’s Samsung Tab when the thieves approached him & without warning, stabbed him in the neck.

5. His friends didn’t know what happened cus he was at the back. After he was stabbed, he ran towards his friends…

6. And cried for them to help him, that he had been stabbed. Immediately after making that statement, he collapsed.

7. My bro. is huge in size, so it was difficult for his friends to lift him. Even when they did, nobody stopped for …

8. them or offered to take him to a hospital. A good Samaritan bikeman helped and took him to a near by quack hospital.

9. The hospital rejected him. It was a lost cause. So his friends abandoned his lifeless body on the road opposite the

10. hospital. One of them ran 2 my house to call me. I had just come back from d gym, i had only gym pants on, no shirt

11. I did an intense squat programme that day. Mind you, i never do squats in the gym. I flung my phone and ran out as

12. fast as my tired legs could carry me, half naked. I didn’t even know my mum was following me. I got to the hospital

13. and saw my brother’s lifeless body on the floor with dozens of people staring at him like he just landed on earth.

14. I fainted, but some folks revived me and put me on a bike with my bro’s body. They put my mum on another bike.

15. Some of our neigbours who had heard my mum screaming also followed us. It was difficult for the bike to balance cus

16. of my bro’s weight. So our neighbours carried him on their hands to another hospital, which also rejected him on

17. the spot. I heard a medical worker say, eleyi ti ku na, which translates to this one is dead na. I begged for them

18. to check him at least. They refused and told us to go the General hospital. We took off again inside a keke…

19. I was half-naked at the busstop begging bike men, keke & anything on wheels to help lift my brother. None answered

12. Long story cut short, my family is still recovering from the trauma of that night. Sometimes, my mum waits for us

13. to go to bed, before draining herself in her tears. It has been months, but go and see my mum now. She looks frail

14. and has been aging rapidly, thanks to over thinking. When i don’t pick my call, she goes into panic mode. She might

15. never recover. I sent messages to @YomiShogunle and @rrslagos767 and also to @aleeygiwa. @aleeygiwa called back &

16. we spoke for minutes. I complained about that busstop and that we reported to the near by Police station, but they

17. refused to do anything. @aleeygiwa promised to visit and check out the notorious spot himself. I’ve been waiting

18. since January. Now, read carefully. After the murder of my brother, i have heard that close to a dozen people have

19. lost their lives to the same phone thieves at Alafia busstop. I happen to know one. A young and newly married man

12. who had a shop close 2 my street. I have also met people who have escaped these murderers by a whisker. The thieves

21. in Alafia busstop don’t ask for your phone. They stab you and then take it from you. On Saturday, i was preparing

22. to head out for a soccer match when a friend called. He sounded excited, like he just won a lottery. ”Obi, he said

23. i just witnessed the lynching of a thief in the same busstop your brother was murdered.” My mum was close by. so

24. i told her what my pal just told me. This was what she said ” The spirit of Obinna(my brother) will not rest until

25. his killers are dead. I didn’t heed 2 calls to go to a shrine. I know my son can fight for himself, dead or alive”

26. See, it is easy to speak up against lynching when you’ve never been a victim of these fuckers. You don’t have

27. nightmares like my entire family does. You can speak up because you have never ever seen your dad cry like a baby

28. over the death of his son, or your mum continuously deteriorating as a result of over thinking. Praying day & night

29. that she doesn’t loose another child 2 these murderers. I was defending d thief, thinking it was truly a 7 year old

30. It just connected, when i saw the tweets from @YomiShogunle confirming it was the same thief that my friend called

31. about. If i was there, i would have personally bought d fuel used in burning him. The thieves had no plans to stop

32. Hopefully, when the community starts to take matters into their hands and show these retards that we mean business,

33. they might stop making families miserable. And oh, these guys once threw a man off that Alafia bridge for refusing

34. to hand over his phone. I am against lynching by the way. But this particular issue is very personal to me. Thanks

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/man-says-7-year-old-alleged-thief.html

for a vry long time I have spoken out about lynching criminals and jungle justice,,,bt after I was robbed @ dis same place and wounded seriously,,,my clothes torn,,,blood gushing out of my head,,and my phone stolen,even my girfrnds fone which I jst bought stolen also,,,what can I wish for the people that carried out this action,,,I even called for help and nobdy responded

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by symbianDON(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
the thief deserved what came at him; if you wish to constitute a nuisance to others, then be ready for the price it comes with.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
They deserve more than that.
Sane way i almost lost my life to phone thieves May this year via deep matchet cut on my head.

If i were to see who did it to me, I would V done worse than buying petrol. Burning him made death more easier for him.

Gawd! Am so pissed.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
davtosh:
See it is high time the government start picking up parents of thieves and robbers and start jailing them for bringing problem into the society. It sounds funny grin But reallly Why must you bring a child you can't take care into the world. Once some ppl give birth to Children they don't care how they survive, no training no nothing. They thereby grow up on the street become societal Headaches.

Very much on point

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
Laveda:

gringrin
Seriously babe,this is not funny.I dont believe i could shake without feeling cold the day i was attacked,those bastards no get mercy oo.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Viking007(m): 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
Appliedmaths:
Kill him and kill his spirit again. Burn his already burnt body. Its like you people don't know families these guys have rendered useless...
Dont mind all those people posting trash bout reporting to the police. If only they know how ruthless and demonic these criminals are.

They can be very ruthless, with no single human sympathy. Experience they say is the best teacher. I've experienced it & I'm surely going to do the same thing. Burn them to hell!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by OPUBO7(m): 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bruce wayne of nigeria (*_¤)

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
july66:
I guess people just poured their anger on the thief but what lead to the death of this Obinna may have been caused by something else. With the description of his size, he may have bullied somebody who waited to take his pound of flesh. Not right though but some of this folks do terrible things.

I pray u never encounter one of them.
Then u will know that they show o mercy.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Yewandequeen(f): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
Viking007:

Dont mind all those people posting trash bout reporting to the police. If only they know how ruthless and demonic these criminals are.

They can be very ruthless, with no single human sympathy. Experience they say is the best teacher. I've experienced it & I'm surely going to do the same thing. Burn them to hell!
Very ruthless and no human feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by sniperr007(m): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
ayourbamie:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Easier said when u haven't been what he has gone through.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Laveda(f): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
prettythicksme:
Seriously babe,this is not funny.I dont believe i could shake without feeling cold the day i was attacked,those bastards no get mercy oo.
Ikr? I've been there and I sure know how it feels like, these thieves don't even show mercy they are ready to kill just to collect that your small phone.

Even tho I don't support jungle justice due to the fact that innocent ones might be harmed, I don't care if these guilty ones are caught and this kinda judgement meted out.
Most of them have no consciense.

Funny thing is, after this they'll still continue with the act.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by micynute94(m): 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
and killing this boy will bring back your lost kin? or will it make your loss more bearable? that is assuming it was even this boy that killed your kin... I can't bear to see animals slaughtered, much more a young boy..these unbridled murder in the full glare of the public is why this cesspit of a country will NEVER succeed..the wanton spilling of blood in broad daylight has polluted the very ground upon which Nigerians walk..

If u v encountered these people before and u r lucky to come out alive or you lost one eye or lose someone dear to you, we den check your theory about not bin able to stand an animal slaughtered... Two wrongs truly doesn't make a right but do you want to tell me the authorities in that area don't know what is happening? Why then have no action be brought against them?
I remembered the day I lost my laptop, power bank and other stuff to a burglar... I can't really express what I felt that day, my projects, my business, about 75% of myself left me that day, I was really hurt, was this close to becoming damaged goods.
Till now, I still harbour that fear, you know d sleepless night I had, the crazy imaginations set on replay?. You wanna know what the police told us when we reported the case?.
I've had a lot of bad experiences with thieves since I was a kid... but that last event was the straw that broke the camel back..
Last time I heard a thief was caught near our exam ground, can you imagine... while others r sitting for exams, these people r also doing their own exams and their success causes unimaginable sorrows... I will let you know I left my queue and ran as fast as my leg could carry me, I beat the hell out of the thief and you know what?, I was happy doing it, something I've never imagined. People were surprised by my actions cos they know me to be the gentle introvert type. I went back to the exam ground with a regret of not beating the thief sef wella but deep down, I was happy & and you know what, I got an A in my exam. grin
If not 4 God sef, had it been I had a weapon or pen, would v injured the guy sef or do something I'd come to regret later in life...
Like I said, I don't support jungle justice as we have special cases but in some cases ehn, jungle justice is 1000% alright!

Mean no disrespect.... #My ramblings.

5 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Boss13: 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
This situation is just so sad and that's because we have an ineffective policing system in this country. That road from Orile down to Old Ojo road and even inside Festac is a hot zone. Are the police aware - yes and are they doing anything about - No. The residents of that vicinity at left at the mercy of these hardcore criminals.

I was shot 5 times on that road at exactly Suru-Alaba in 2010 on my way to Festac because some bunch of criminals wanted to rob me. Graciously enough, the bullets did not hit me because I bent down and probably they were too intoxicated to identify me I however picked the bullets inside my vehicle. What was the most valuable things with me - my blackberry storm phone. I was not with any reasonable cash. Did I inform the police - yes. Did they do anything - No. Annoyingly, I was not the only compliant and the Orile police DPO as at then was fully aware of the situation. He was the one that corrected me on the exact location the shot me.

If we have a responsible and effective police there would be no need to lynch supposedly criminals, perhaps there might be little crime.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
#I stand with d narrator! Cos i've been a victim, i'll do worse & f*uck the police!

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
I Am not supporting JUNGLE JUSTICE But i just have a question for you people against it.If you get to know this same guy is going to rob and kill your family the next day.what would you have done when he was apprehended.WOULD YOU LET HIM WALK AWAY??I need sincere answers

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Laveda:

Ikr? I've been there and I sure know how it feels like, these thieves don't even show mercy they are ready to kill just to collect that your small phone.

Even tho I don't support jungle justice due to the fact that innocent ones might be harmed, I don't care if these guilty ones are caught and this kinda judgement melted out.
Most of them have no consciense.

Funny thing is, after this they'll still continue with the act.
As long as they keep stealing and killing innocent victims,they will get caught and we will burn dem all.#yestojunglejustice.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by kbitss(f): 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
I go with you my brother, i also have a similar experience with my brother at alapeere, though he didn't die but the hospital he was taken to didn't administer anti tetanus, for over a year now he is still recovering from effect of tetanus, after spending three months in coma at a sophisticated and expensive Intensive Care Unit.

Though its pathertic but i think if truly he is a thief, he derves to die. Cos after prison they will still go back to that spot.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by mctowel01: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
Are people really seeing the main issue here..That this country is completly USELESS.. Where is the police?.. I don't blame the mob cos the police is highly innefective and something had to be done. I bet that if that guy reported to the police, nothing would have been done about his dead brother.. Yet we have a commissioner of police in the state. Same thing happens when those touts stay on the road exorting money from sweat of okada/bus drivers. Useless country...I don't blame any of he parties involved... I blame the government cos we pay tax to avert such occurrences.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
osubair:
Weeks to my wedding myself and my wife where robbed early morning on our way to the office, windscreen shattered, four mobile phones stolen.

My wife cried because she was so terrified, I was upset because I felt helpless and couldn't protect my woman.

Ever since I made up my mind to be ready whenever this happens again, this led to paranoia.

Late October 2016 on my way to the office descending eko bridge saw this dude running towards my car I had nothing in my car to protect myself because I sold my car with the weapon I had in case of robbery. Luckily for me he was going to rob the car by my side (driver side), as he was at it I couldn't let him have a field day to rob those innocent people so I decided to help.

I accelerated and pinned the thief to the body of the car he was busy robbing even as I heard something snap in his body I didn't let him go he scream and fought my car, but the thief didn't drop the phone as he held onto it like his life depended on it. Had to let him go because the occupant of the robbed car where so frightened to act and I no wan je gbese of you bash my car.

If the guy had fell in front of my car I wouldn't mind killing him and I can guarantee you i'll have no remorse.

U did well...doz bandits terrorised my ex-gf 8mnths ago while she ws heading bck home frm church...due 2 d horror she developed asthma n almost lost her life since she wasn't wit her inhaler. She lost her fones, cash n atm 2 d thieves. Luckily she identified one of dem in a shopping mall some weeks after n called my fone...Me n my guys use speed reach d mall. I can't even start explaining d different types of tools n weapons we used 2 sanitize d basstard. Luckily 4 him der were cops around n he escaped an appointment wit his maker. He ws arrested n produced d rest of his squad. Long story short i wouldnt hesitate 2 decapitate any of diz basstards...cuz they would do worse if ure unlucky.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by akinszz: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Can one wrong make a right?
ayourbamie:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dismissed Soldier Kills Girlfriend Over Text Messages / Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos / Onitsha Barber Beheads Boy In Ebonyi And Drinks His Blood, Blames Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.