Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" (60131 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Goat Thief Burnt Alive In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by londonrivals: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
A social media user has narrated he and his family’s experience with the Alafia Bus stop thieves.

Recall that a photo went viral yesterday of a thief who was mobbed and subsequently burnt by angry Lagosians, the social media user, Harrison who is a presenter narrated the incident which he reported happened not far from his house.

Read his tweets below:

1. Let me share my own side of this lynching story. From where the alleged thief was burnt, to my house is a trekable.

2. It is a notorious bus-stop for phone thieves i.e Alafia, the bus-stop before Orile, if you’re coming from Mile 2.

3. I lost my blood brother to these thieves in January of this year. He was 20, & was coming back from dance rehearsal.

4. He was holding his friend’s Samsung Tab when the thieves approached him & without warning, stabbed him in the neck.

5. His friends didn’t know what happened cus he was at the back. After he was stabbed, he ran towards his friends…

6. And cried for them to help him, that he had been stabbed. Immediately after making that statement, he collapsed.

7. My bro. is huge in size, so it was difficult for his friends to lift him. Even when they did, nobody stopped for …

8. them or offered to take him to a hospital. A good Samaritan bikeman helped and took him to a near by quack hospital.

9. The hospital rejected him. It was a lost cause. So his friends abandoned his lifeless body on the road opposite the

10. hospital. One of them ran 2 my house to call me. I had just come back from d gym, i had only gym pants on, no shirt

11. I did an intense squat programme that day. Mind you, i never do squats in the gym. I flung my phone and ran out as

12. fast as my tired legs could carry me, half naked. I didn’t even know my mum was following me. I got to the hospital

13. and saw my brother’s lifeless body on the floor with dozens of people staring at him like he just landed on earth.

14. I fainted, but some folks revived me and put me on a bike with my bro’s body. They put my mum on another bike.

15. Some of our neigbours who had heard my mum screaming also followed us. It was difficult for the bike to balance cus

16. of my bro’s weight. So our neighbours carried him on their hands to another hospital, which also rejected him on

17. the spot. I heard a medical worker say, eleyi ti ku na, which translates to this one is dead na. I begged for them

18. to check him at least. They refused and told us to go the General hospital. We took off again inside a keke…

19. I was half-naked at the busstop begging bike men, keke & anything on wheels to help lift my brother. None answered

12. Long story cut short, my family is still recovering from the trauma of that night. Sometimes, my mum waits for us

13. to go to bed, before draining herself in her tears. It has been months, but go and see my mum now. She looks frail

14. and has been aging rapidly, thanks to over thinking. When i don’t pick my call, she goes into panic mode. She might

15. never recover. I sent messages to @YomiShogunle and @rrslagos767 and also to @aleeygiwa. @aleeygiwa called back &

16. we spoke for minutes. I complained about that busstop and that we reported to the near by Police station, but they

17. refused to do anything. @aleeygiwa promised to visit and check out the notorious spot himself. I’ve been waiting

18. since January. Now, read carefully. After the murder of my brother, i have heard that close to a dozen people have

19. lost their lives to the same phone thieves at Alafia busstop. I happen to know one. A young and newly married man

12. who had a shop close 2 my street. I have also met people who have escaped these murderers by a whisker. The thieves

21. in Alafia busstop don’t ask for your phone. They stab you and then take it from you. On Saturday, i was preparing

22. to head out for a soccer match when a friend called. He sounded excited, like he just won a lottery. ”Obi, he said

23. i just witnessed the lynching of a thief in the same busstop your brother was murdered.” My mum was close by. so

24. i told her what my pal just told me. This was what she said ” The spirit of Obinna(my brother) will not rest until

25. his killers are dead. I didn’t heed 2 calls to go to a shrine. I know my son can fight for himself, dead or alive”

26. See, it is easy to speak up against lynching when you’ve never been a victim of these fuckers. You don’t have

27. nightmares like my entire family does. You can speak up because you have never ever seen your dad cry like a baby

28. over the death of his son, or your mum continuously deteriorating as a result of over thinking. Praying day & night

29. that she doesn’t loose another child 2 these murderers. I was defending d thief, thinking it was truly a 7 year old

30. It just connected, when i saw the tweets from @YomiShogunle confirming it was the same thief that my friend called

31. about. If i was there, i would have personally bought d fuel used in burning him. The thieves had no plans to stop

32. Hopefully, when the community starts to take matters into their hands and show these retards that we mean business,

33. they might stop making families miserable. And oh, these guys once threw a man off that Alafia bridge for refusing

34. to hand over his phone. I am against lynching by the way. But this particular issue is very personal to me. Thanks

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/man-says-7-year-old-alleged-thief.html

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by ayourbamie: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
Two wrongs don't make a right.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
Let's Call a Spade a Spade "He Who wears a shoe knows where it pinches"

Yes I Hate Jungle Justice but these Robbers atimes kill their victims before robbing them off their phones/Wallets/ Laptops etc....

Well "They Say Two Wrongs don't make it Right" -Wyclef

But loosing a brother to these miscreants can make even a gentle soul to partake in such Jungle Justice cry

367 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by stainlink(m): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
Every thief is a potential killer. It's a only a matter of time. Atleast one less future armed robber

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by sunny99(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
Y not hand him over to police rada Dan killing him,repentance is very eazy

5 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by kross101(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
ayourbamie:
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Tell it to someone that has bn a victim. I abhor theft and anytyn that makes a man cry but I support all solutions including lynching as long as it's done to d ryt person. The police can't protect us so we gotta protect ourselves now.

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by jumobi1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
I understand why he wasn't handed to the police however they should have made him reveal who and where his fellow gang members are. Then do the needful...I don't like jungle justice but if it's against proven killers in a country with an inefficient justice system and law enforcement then I can't shout.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Okundaye4(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
NA WA OOOOOO

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by veekid(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2016

yeah I concur; but not like a poor 7 year old boy

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by 2Pr3cise(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
This is not Jungle Justice, this is true Justice!

I'm no fan of jungle justice but you will never understand what true PAIN is, until you experience it - Nagato (Naruto Shippuden) !

This bandits have brought pain to many. It's our job to send them to God for judgment!

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Lasskeey: 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by midehi2(f): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
hian! very sad story, but I hope with this your statement, you won't be held responsible for the lynching because sometimes police think with their anus, That thief aint 7yrs old, he is more than, despite this, them go still dey rob for that bus stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Bantino(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
What a world of heartless people

What happens to leaving vengeance to God?

4 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by omoadeleye(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
uhm

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by henrydadon(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Let's Call a Spade a Spade "He Who wears a shoe knows where it pinches"

Yes I Hate Jungle Justice but these Robbers atimes kill their victims before robbing them off their phones/Wallets/ Laptops etc....

Well "They Say Two Wrongs don't make it Right" -Wyclef

But loosing a brother to these miscreants can make even a gentle soul to partake in such Jungle Justice cry

you have said it all..it so damn easy to condemn this act when you haven't had a personal experience with them

i had a similar experience with robber too..my laptop that i have barely been using for almost a month was stolen from me..i save up a lot

to get that laptop..that day i felt as if my life ended i was stab in the chest..i nearly had an heart attack..i do not support jungle justice..

but he who live by the sword will surely die by the sword

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Kizyte(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
Now, I've got a change of mind. Live by a sword and die by a sword. The thief must have confessed taken a human life. I can swear that young man is not anywhere close to 7.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by finalboss1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
dem suppose arrest dat guy.. wey dey throw stone
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Peacetemi: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Just look at the awful mentality of these people.
Do you think there aren't far worse criminals than these in foreign countries? Especially in the United States
There are loads of serial killers, rapists, and horrid paedophiles.

But when they're caught, they still hand them to the police.

Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity!

jumobi1:

You disrespect US law enforcement by comparing it with Nigeria's. They don't collect bribe like Nigerians do over here. Look at what's happening to the Nigerian Justices. Jungle justice is easy to criticize but their hands may have been forced. We need to be objective. If government doesn't fight corruption, innocent lives will sadly be lost at the hand of jungle justice because law enforcement doesn't enforce.

And where did you get that from?

9 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
If he was guilty indeed then he should have faced a worse consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bukynkwuenu: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
permit me to share the blame

i blame the government whom have let massive number of our youth jobless...

the police whom have failed to police the society

some youth whom have resulted to crime as a life means...

#peace

8 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by eponoloyin: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
is that so?
then Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan deserves to die with all his cabinet members
PMB should release these looters for Nigerians... no more rule of law

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Namzy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Mixed feelings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by bigheart2013(m): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
All I could get from your post is that Nigerians are wicked abi including the thieves who stabbed, the passers by (xtians and muslims going to fellowship who didn't want to be late) who refuse to help, Drivers who refused to carry him nurses who joked he was dead, hospitals that refused to treat him, and the society that produced him ?.....there you go. This account is home-grown and not from Nigerians abroad o!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by VickyRotex(f): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
Indeed a sad story, but If God is to mark a record of sins, who will stand?

8 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Israeljones(m): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
For anyone who has the mind or thought of burning someone alive irrespective of the reasons behind it is capable of murder.... Quote me anywea...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by talktonase(m): 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
You deserve to shut up! Who are you to determine who lives and dies!

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by edi287: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Well it all leads to the bleeped up mentality we have in nigeria. Police officers are poorly paid and they take out their frustrations on the masses. Thieves come up with excuses about the poor economy and the masses resort to jungle justice since our police isn't all about "to serve and to protect".
So who do you blame?? Our bleeped up leaders. Who voted them in?? The masses. Sad really.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by helphelp: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Say no jungle justice though

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Elchappo: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
If i am in his shoes, i will also buy the fuel...

People who condemn killing of these thieves ve not encountered them..

I remember back in the days they went street to street, they hacked the tummy of a pregnant lady, ask a son to make love to his mum, tell me, will the mentioned family ve pity for thieves?

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Disgraced After Refusing To Pay A Prostitute He Slept With. Pics And Video / 'Miracle Baby' Rescued After Being Dropped On Mother's Corpse By Herdsmen.Photos / Four Nigerian Drug Dealers Declared Wanted In South Africa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.