Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" (60168 Views)

Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Goat Thief Burnt Alive In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by july66: 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
londonrivals:

A social media user has narrated he and his family’s experience with the Alafia Bus stop thieves.

Recall that a photo went viral yesterday of a thief who was mobbed and subsequently burnt by angry Lagosians, the social media user, Harrison who is a presenter narrated the incident which he reported happened not far from his house.

Read his tweets below:

1. Let me share my own side of this lynching story. From where the alleged thief was burnt, to my house is a trekable.

2. It is a notorious bus-stop for phone thieves i.e Alafia, the bus-stop before Orile, if you’re coming from Mile 2.

3. I lost my blood brother to these thieves in January of this year. He was 20, & was coming back from dance rehearsal.

4. He was holding his friend’s Samsung Tab when the thieves approached him & without warning, stabbed him in the neck.

5. His friends didn’t know what happened cus he was at the back. After he was stabbed, he ran towards his friends…

6. And cried for them to help him, that he had been stabbed. Immediately after making that statement, he collapsed.

7. My bro. is huge in size, so it was difficult for his friends to lift him. Even when they did, nobody stopped for …

8. them or offered to take him to a hospital. A good Samaritan bikeman helped and took him to a near by quack hospital.

9. The hospital rejected him. It was a lost cause. So his friends abandoned his lifeless body on the road opposite the

10. hospital. One of them ran 2 my house to call me. I had just come back from d gym, i had only gym pants on, no shirt

11. I did an intense squat programme that day. Mind you, i never do squats in the gym. I flung my phone and ran out as

12. fast as my tired legs could carry me, half naked. I didn’t even know my mum was following me. I got to the hospital

13. and saw my brother’s lifeless body on the floor with dozens of people staring at him like he just landed on earth.

14. I fainted, but some folks revived me and put me on a bike with my bro’s body. They put my mum on another bike.

15. Some of our neigbours who had heard my mum screaming also followed us. It was difficult for the bike to balance cus

16. of my bro’s weight. So our neighbours carried him on their hands to another hospital, which also rejected him on

17. the spot. I heard a medical worker say, eleyi ti ku na, which translates to this one is dead na. I begged for them

18. to check him at least. They refused and told us to go the General hospital. We took off again inside a keke…

19. I was half-naked at the busstop begging bike men, keke & anything on wheels to help lift my brother. None answered

12. Long story cut short, my family is still recovering from the trauma of that night. Sometimes, my mum waits for us

13. to go to bed, before draining herself in her tears. It has been months, but go and see my mum now. She looks frail

14. and has been aging rapidly, thanks to over thinking. When i don’t pick my call, she goes into panic mode. She might

15. never recover. I sent messages to @YomiShogunle and @rrslagos767 and also to @aleeygiwa. @aleeygiwa called back &

16. we spoke for minutes. I complained about that busstop and that we reported to the near by Police station, but they

17. refused to do anything. @aleeygiwa promised to visit and check out the notorious spot himself. I’ve been waiting

18. since January. Now, read carefully. After the murder of my brother, i have heard that close to a dozen people have

19. lost their lives to the same phone thieves at Alafia busstop. I happen to know one. A young and newly married man

12. who had a shop close 2 my street. I have also met people who have escaped these murderers by a whisker. The thieves

21. in Alafia busstop don’t ask for your phone. They stab you and then take it from you. On Saturday, i was preparing

22. to head out for a soccer match when a friend called. He sounded excited, like he just won a lottery. ”Obi, he said

23. i just witnessed the lynching of a thief in the same busstop your brother was murdered.” My mum was close by. so

24. i told her what my pal just told me. This was what she said ” The spirit of Obinna(my brother) will not rest until

25. his killers are dead. I didn’t heed 2 calls to go to a shrine. I know my son can fight for himself, dead or alive”

26. See, it is easy to speak up against lynching when you’ve never been a victim of these fuckers. You don’t have

27. nightmares like my entire family does. You can speak up because you have never ever seen your dad cry like a baby

28. over the death of his son, or your mum continuously deteriorating as a result of over thinking. Praying day & night

29. that she doesn’t loose another child 2 these murderers. I was defending d thief, thinking it was truly a 7 year old

30. It just connected, when i saw the tweets from @YomiShogunle confirming it was the same thief that my friend called

31. about. If i was there, i would have personally bought d fuel used in burning him. The thieves had no plans to stop

32. Hopefully, when the community starts to take matters into their hands and show these retards that we mean business,

33. they might stop making families miserable. And oh, these guys once threw a man off that Alafia bridge for refusing

34. to hand over his phone. I am against lynching by the way. But this particular issue is very personal to me. Thanks

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/man-says-7-year-old-alleged-thief.html

I guess people just poured their anger on the thief but what lead to the death of this Obinna may have been caused by something else. With the description of his size, he may have bullied somebody who waited to take his pound of flesh. Not right though but some of this folks do terrible things.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Jokerman(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

The murder of that boy was cruel and can never be justified.

Then make an orientation for them to refrain from their cultism...

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by amychizzy: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wow,very pathetic. Well,I was against the killing before,but now I just heard this story, I live it for God to judge.. Its well

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Bujumbura(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
I'm at a crossroad here but sometimes Forgiving someone is the only reason you can live again.

Cc dfinex mma

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
midehi2:

grin
Babe those bastards are very heartless,they kill and rob pple without mercy.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Geeflow(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:
Watching a young boy being killed in such horrific way will never bring back your brother.

what irp this one saying? God Forbid if such thin happen to ur blood brother what would you want to do?

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
firstly,i dnt support jungle j buh how d country is these days ehhh..u wouldnt blame niggas ..secondly,the police are fond of releasing criminals that steal on cheap bail..dese criminals after spending lik 3 days in police net wil be released .go sober 4 lik 3 wks .then com back again 2 steal ..therrfor d communtiy seeing the same thief again wouldnt want to giv him to d cops na..nlanders put ur selves in their shoes.!and lastly:THAT NIGGA AINT SEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!!..ARE U BLIND?OR HAVE FOOTBALLERS SPOILT UR MIND THAT U CANNOT DECIPHER A 7 YR OLD NIGGA AND SOME1 IN HIS TWENTIES ..AHH

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Jokerman(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
eponoloyin:
is that so?
then Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan deserves to die with all his cabinet members
PMB should release these looters for Nigerians... no more rule of law

PMB will be the first looter to be lynched

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by 4nobody4every1: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
VickyRotex:
Indeed a sad story, but If God is to mark a record of sins, who will stand?
l am speechless watching the video, what a world we live in sad sad

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Peacetemi: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Codyt:

The difference? I shall tell you. Their legal system works 98%, ours doesn't. These criminals in the Europe are tried and brought to book. Even sometimes executed.

In another news, our legal system is still crippled by corruption and incompetence. If we are to buy your idea, sooner or later, this criminal will be walking free on the streets of lagos..... Just like you.

And oh.. By the way I'm against jungle justice as well. tongue

So burning them is the solution?

Fantastic!
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Kelly2713(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
any ways, i av nothing to say but let me say this :

is it right to take into your possession by force what does not belongs to you?

is the acts of the thief who stabbed and killed obinna and collect the said Samsung tab justifiable?

if you where in obinna's mother condition, how will you feel losing your child to these thiefs?

how will you feel if you lose your newly iphone 7 you bought to these thiefs with your hard earn money two days after the purchase in this present economic condition of Nigeria.

how effective is our Nigeria Police force in warding into matters like this? should we have confident in our Nigeria Police Force?

is the action of the angry mob lynching the thief justifiable considering the above issues for determination

over to the wailers
Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
Peacetemi:

So burning them is the solution?

Fantastic!
wetin u go do again ..giv them 2 police? so olokpa go release dem again dem go come start to dey careles their already useless livez!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by JayJayGee: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
2Pr3cise:
This is not Jungle Justice, this is true Justice!

I'm no fan of jungle justice but you will never understand what true PAIN is, until you experience it - Nagato (Naruto Shippuden) !

This bandits have brought pain to many. It's our job to send them to God for judgment!
In Nagato's voice...
Experience pain now...

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by tunery004(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
I grew up in Bariga, and u can't imagine the crimes perpetrated buy boys of 12 and 13 years. if u have seen this young Kinniun as they are called in action, u will have no sympathy on even a 10year old.
The evil this young ones do, even their older counterparts won't dare it.

don't pray to be a victim cos u will become cold and heartless when u see one of dem being served

3 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by calyto: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
He is a young boy but NOT 7 years old.
And i don't support jungle justice either.

veekid:

yeah I concur; but not like a poor 7 year old boy

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by omayeya: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
kross101:

Tell it to someone that has bn a victim. I abhor theft and anytyn that makes a man cry but I support all solutions including lynching as long as it's done to d ryt person. The police can't protect us so we gotta protect ourselves now.
if you read the story till the, you must have read where the guy mentioned how they reported his brother's case to the police and even singled out the bus stop of which nothing was done.
can you imagine the number of people those guy must have killed?
I have a problem with our press men, investigating journalism! ZERO!! somebody came up with a news that "a boy while trying to steal Garri was lynched " everybody keyed into this belief including Channels TV and our other notable print and online media. please our press men investigate before misleading us. ABEG.
The notorious lynched guy not a boy actually stabbed a lady in the neck before snatching her bag; surprisingly, nobody has asked what has happened to the lady after what

8 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by killsmith(f): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
Y'all keep saying "why not hand him over to the police?".... Until these niggas approach you with very sharp knives and HIV infected syringes.....they would stab you mercilessly to death just for your phones and laptop....I'm 1000% in support of the lynching

6 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:

Will you still say this if they did it to your loved one?

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by tunnamaniah(m): 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
rhektor:

So what are you?
leave DAT to me

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Peterpanny: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police
abeg in this case two wrongs will be very right.

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Blonchilli(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
Killing a thief doesn't reduce the number of criminals in the world. You're only adding one more

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by yommen: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
ayourbamie:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

dumb! if it has not happened to you, dont just talk. did you read what that guy said about the present state of their his mum come onnnn!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by XaintJoel20: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
southniyikaye:
The guys story is really pathetic but two wrongs don't make a right, they could have just handed him over to the police
Bros which police Over 80% of the criminals terrorising Nigeria today has been police net at one time or the other. What these men on black do is to collect some stipends from them and let them off the hook to go back to their crime.
So if these criminals brag with it. Sometimes you hear them say, which police station you wan carry me go wen them no know me?

The police is failing us...

If they had taken this boy to the station, you would have seen him at that spot in less than three days time continuing his nefarious activities.

If you can't do the do, don't do the crime..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by andyanders: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:

Forget that statement. Until you become a victim, you can NEVER understand what families of victims go through in the hands of these bastards.

How can one be armed to rob another person and instead of collecting the item and allowing the victim to go, they will still either rape, stab or kill the person. You want someone to now catch them while in the act and hand them over to the police? Hell No.

You can imagine the kind of pain the family of the narrator of their 20 yr old brother went through in the hands of the a phone robber who killed him.

Please, do not worry, you will become a victim one day and then, we shall hear your own story and how you went about it if you EVER be alive to tell such.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Bujumbura(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Those axis Orile to Okokomaiko are the areas I've swore never to live in.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by MOFAZIT: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Most people that are quick to condemn jungle justice don't know what it take to live in Amukoko, Safejo, Alafia, Orile and Ajegunle and d likes.... If u live around there you will know the kind of havoc this boys cause everyday.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by berrystunn(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
LizGray:

Give the young guy a gold medal...
Pay back.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Laveda(f): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
prettythicksme:
I support jungle justice for those bastards, cos they have no mercy for their victims as well.I can never forget the day i was attacked.God punish dem,kill dem all.

gringrin

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Collins0609(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
Serve d useless thieves right.when another person carry a corpse,it wil b like log of wood but when d corpse is close to u,my bro u go know pain
southniyikaye:

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by tunnamaniah(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
Raziii:
you have watched too much of Hollywood Movie. You reason like a child!
lol, I am no fan of movies bro, dem stab person bro and he die, someone is talking is talking abt wah is justified or not, I am talking abt how d world as a whole is unjust, u are talking abt Hollywood, looks like u don't listen to news. Take it or leave it bro, the world we live in today is a jungle.

I hope u agree.

1 Like

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
Codyt:

The difference? I shall tell you. Their legal system works 98%, ours doesn't. These criminals in the Europe are tried and brought to book. Even sometimes executed.

In another news, our legal system is still crippled by corruption and incompetence. If we are to buy your idea, sooner or later, this criminal will be walking free on the streets of lagos..... Just like you.

And oh.. By the way I'm against jungle justice as well. tongue
on point, I have seen a notorious robbers get released, just #120k did the magic, this is someone that was caught with a gun during a robbery operation o,so tell me why they should be handed to the police when the right amount can bail them out

2 Likes

Re: Man Says Thief Burnt In Lagos "Deserves To Die" by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
Blonchilli:
Killing a thief doesn't reduce the number of criminals in the world. You're only adding one more
and the new recruit if caught will be burnt accordingly..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos / Onitsha Barber Beheads Boy In Ebonyi And Drinks His Blood, Blames Prophetess / Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ile-Ife Osun, 5 Killed (Graphic Photos After Clash)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.