Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? (13644 Views)

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me / Man seeks divorce 24 hours after marriage over wife's deceptive ‘backside' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Splinz(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

You are going to be single for a long long time
Why
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by ezra1990: 6:23am On Dec 03, 2016
OhMyG0d:
why the bitterness oozing from you?
What you termed archaic and old fashioned was once the NORM.
So, because someone knelt down for his girl to make proposal, we should just accept that as the ONLY way or everyone should just follow same pattern and never innovate their own?

I've seen where a guy proposed to his lady by inserting a ring into the bread she will eat. She took a bite and holla, there was the ring ring in her mouth... Brought it out and wanted to flare up with the waiter, before her guy calmly used same ring to proposed.

If everyone proposal is Outstanding, then, i think i should innovate and Stand Out among them.

No be someone started Pre-wedding Pictures posting? It was dumb then, but ALMOST everyone out there have caught its Fever.
Y do pple like complications.... wat if she had swallowed d ring? hmmm devil dae one place dae sleep.....I hate to hear dat word itz the devil's..........
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by AreTheyBitches(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2016
1bkaye:
I would feel some type of way if he proposed in the flesh and he wasn't on his knees not to talk of a phone proposal smh, lol to each their own
Not every man can go down on one knee now o, recession ti takeover
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by AreTheyBitches(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2016
Mimido2:
because he is d one dat invented phone abi?

any guy dat does dat is lame and stupid

see his mouth sef "my father proposed to my mother tru Nipost"

he is so old fashioned and archaic

mtchewwww
You dey vex O!
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 03, 2016
It's very silly biko, and senseless.

Is that not how Oga Siena, an old married man, called me on the phone to propose? LWKMD!!! I just dey look am. I no really blame am sha. His whole life was ONLINE. cheesy

Someone you've never met PHYSICALLY? Hian! undecided

It's not by multiple chats and phone calls biko. Anyone can type sh*t on the phone. You need to see how they handle issues in real life. Or if you can tolerate them physically.

1 Like

Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Zirah: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Pls don't quote me. If you can't reason by yourself l can't help you with that.

naijaboiy:

so a proposal is now the yardstick to measure respect in relationships?

These folks are funny! gringringrin
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2016
very silly.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by fitzrichard4u(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
If a man wants to propose to you, he should respect you enough to do that in person. Presence speaks louder. If he proposes to you through phone, he might as well marry you through proxy.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by hizaya61(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2016
Driftingking:
"Many years back, a man proposed to me over the phone. To make matters more baffling, he proposed via text message. I was weak.

I later asked him if that is how men propose to women in his village and his response was "My father proposed to my mother through NIPOST". And he meant every word." Lol - (Chioma said)

So ladies and gents, can you make or accept a phone proposal? Lets Discuss

http://otownloaded.com/someone-abroad-proposed-someone-nigeria-phone-see/

CAN YOU GIVE HER RING THROUGH THE PHONE ?
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by chiefojiji(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2016
wondering what medium their own son will propose marriage to his wife.
NIPOST to SMS
SMS to

bye the way, whereiz the copy of the sms?
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Preator: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2016
actually, I've done this. I was planning on doing it physically but the distance was great and we won't be seeing each other for about 3-4 months. An uncle told me that's a long period for a woman. he said, "you might just be lucky to get a wedding invitation with you as the guest of honor". I proposed the same day on phone and our son is busy trying to grab my phone as I type this.

4 Likes

Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by mysticgal(f): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2016
I don't mind been proposed to on phoneundecided

1 Like

Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by bejeria101(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Your father didnt propose to your mother on the phone did he? So its a NO!
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Denassimento(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2016
Your choice man buh I don't think it's right
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2016
companies make transactions worth millions of naira over the phone
Nations start war and make peace over the phone..
why the hell should proposing be a big deal...
you guys just like making more rubbish out of rubbish
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Izen: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
So many foolish girls on this thread. You're not even happy he is proposing, you're waiting for him to take a knee. No gree na, other serious girls will take it. Mumu girls.pesin manage consider you, you de form Oyinbo, nonsense

When you think you are God's gift to women undecided
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by naijaboiy: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Zirah:
Pls don't quote me. If you can't reason by yourself l can't help you with that.

It's not disrespect simple!

You can reject the proposal if you want it's your business.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by degamemaster(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Some foolish Nigerian ladies dey provoke me really. He is staying in far away distance and always connect with you on phone and considered it normal. He sends you gift and money from his distant abode and you received with joyful heart. He tells you how wonderful you are though the phone and you rejoiced, but he proposed on the phone and you think he is stupid. God have mercy on you.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Zirah: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2016
Guy, you're a FOOL! Hian! Direct your frustration towards your girlfriend. I'm not her!

naijaboiy:

It's not disrespect simple!

You can reject the proposal if you want it's your business.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2016
I think I prefer this one to the slap my bf was suggesting biko. If him use slap then maybe na for hospital bed him go come dey explain with tears, "baby I was only trying to propose"
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by anumide(f): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
my husband proposed to me on the phone three years ago. I was beyond pissed. you can guess the rest of the story.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Zirah:
Guy, you're a FOOL! Hian! Direct your frustration towards your girlfriend. I'm not her!

You really should not be among humans, you are not acting like one
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by samuelezekiel(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
Driftingking:
"Many years back, a man proposed to me over the phone. To make matters more baffling, he proposed via text message. I was weak.

I later asked him if that is how men propose to women in his village and his response was "My father proposed to my mother through NIPOST". And he meant every word." Lol - (Chioma said)

No it's not silly, it's stupid and ridiculous

Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by samuelezekiel(m): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Driftingking:

No it's not silly, it's stupid and ridiculous
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Zirah: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
You really should come down with a stroke, afterall you're living a worthless life.

Enaburekhanjosh:

You really should not be among humans, you are not acting like one
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Its incredibly disgusting, the way some guys are sayin "I manage propose to Yu" "Person manage consider Yu". Acting like, by proposing, they are doing the girl a favour.
We all know, that proposing via phone isn't a conventional method. No one is asking you to go on ur knees and record the whole thing (although there is absolutely nothing wrong in doin that), but what is so tasking in asking the girl you wanna spend your life with to marry you in person?
Yes. The proposal isn't such a big deal compared to the marriage, but it still is a big deal, and it should be treated as such.
If distance or some other tangible reason is hindering you from proposing in person, fine. But it wouldn't be as awesome as doing it physically. Hearing her scream "yes", her smiles reaching her ears, she might cry even. Seeing the incredible amount of joy on her face, knowing you're responsible for that.... Mehn.. Biko propose to ur gal in person.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Jibbie28(f): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Preator:
actually, I've done this. I was planning on doing it physically but the distance was great and we won't be seeing each other for about 3-4 months. An uncle told me that's a long period for a woman. he said, "you might just be lucky to get a wedding invitation with you as the guest of honor". I proposed the same day on phone and our son is busy trying to grab my phone as I type this.
My husband proposed via phone and this is my 6th year of being married to him. It all depends on the circumstance.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Preator: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
Jibbie28:
My husband proposed via phone and this is my 6th year of being married to him. It all depends on the circumstance.
so I'm not the only "weird" one. this is our fourth year.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by Jibbie28(f): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Preator:

so I'm not the only "weird" one. this is our fourth year.
Lovely.....May God keep our home(s).
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
I will not put my knee to the ground just to ask my love to marry me.
not in this life, not in the next life.
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by blackprowler: 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Driftingking:

Atink in ya village men propose to women by kneeling down and giving a ring with flowers and musicians serenading in the background. Oyibo film has done permanent damage to black man. Nigerian "yoots" don't know shishi. Don't agree jare. Sack him. He will make a bad husband. Find the one who will kneel down and then pay money to your family to buy you at the same time. Which system una wan really follow for this confused country sef? Footnote to history: Malcolm X proposed to his wife via phonecall from a phone booth in the 1950s and she quickly said "yes" and he had to ask her again if she understood what he said and she said yes. I'm sure you will never be as prominent as that family
Re: Is Proposing Marriage Over The Phone Silly? by luminouz(m): 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
1bkaye:
I would feel some type of way if he proposed in the flesh and he wasn't on his knees not to talk of a phone proposal smh, lol to each their own
Be waiting for d 'public kneeling down proposing crap' u go tey o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Ladies Moved More By Sight Or Words? / His Whatsapp Conversation With His Ex. / 10 Things Stingy Girls Present As Birthday Gifts For Their Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.