Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad (21959 Views)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by CyberG: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
This post ended up quite long, but I had to just make the comments.

Some people will never LEARN and they just spew stupidity from their mouth when they talk:

tkb417:

Those not connected are making it
when did you leave Nigeria? have you heard about the emergence of the middle class in Nigeria?
I'm in Nigeria and not a politician and i can stand anybody anywhere in the world. Ive not stolen a kobo and there are thousands of people like me.
Mind you, i havent said ure wrong about people going abroad if they want, but i strongly object to your latter tune
I have friends who work in good coys abroad who would like to join the Nigerian arm of the company . as a matter of fact, they are increasing day in day out

except your defination of success stories in Nigeria means having billions in bank accounts, then ure right. If what i see when i go abroad amongst our fellas abroad is what you call success stories, then you need a trip down to Lagos, PH and Abuja Nigeria to have a feel of our upwardly mobile professionals

uve been abroad for too long
? zero game of survival?
ask the IFC, IBRD, Chevron, Shell, Haliburton, Rencap, vectis  boiz and gurls if they'll swap their jobs for a livin abroad
as for me, its a NO

where you are suits you, where i am is fine by me.
I can claim to be big here, i doubt u can claim a big boi wherever u are grin grin grin

nice submissions tho
just wanna downplay the whole schitzo
no need to attack one another. Na God know where everybody go make am
our models cant be same

Look mister, you make very stupid, convoluted and insane statements because of the blindness of your mind. Let me respond to some of your foolishness, perhaps your vain pride will let you get some understanding:

1. Lagos, Abuja and PH do not constitute the whole country, doofus! Yet you are grandstanding on mere ignorance?? The success of a nation is not measured by their best (strongest of them), but an appraisal of the weakest of them. In any of those places you mentioned, life is ". . .poor, nasty, brutish and short. . .", take this from someone who has lived and worked in Abuja even before you got your pathetic job, lived in Lagos, and visited more parts of Nigeria than your sorry ass. Guess what? There are places over here which you haven't heard about. . .not New York, LA, London, Paris, Toronto,  Madrid. . .but life here is way, way, way, way much better than you will ever know. Believe that people who work here as welders (nothing wrong with that job), they make more money and live a better quality of life than you will ever know. If you make millions from your suffer-head white collar job and you can go to the malls and buy imported goods and flaunt it in the face of your less fortunate neighbor, but can you buy good roads, electricity (not generator killing you with noise and pollution), freedom without harassment from politicians, thugs and robbers, justice and fair hearing (almost 100% of the time), health care that you can bank on (remember your president will not even vouch for his life after spending N2B to import equipment for his personal use, and the list goes on. . .endlessly). This is not in a popular city and this is even for less than average people who can only have an ordinary job. Now, think of people who actually aim very high in their vocations and create the technologies the company you work for sells or markets in Nigeria.

2. Those companies you mention (Chevron, Shell, Haliburton, etc) are only paying you slave wages for all I care. How much do you earn that you think it is representative of everyone in Nigeria? Guess what? In a proper, fair and functioning system, although people will work for these companies you boast about, a lot of people will not. Some will finish their high school, start on a bright idea and make more money you could never dream about. You are talking of a job like you will keep the job forever. . .you must be demented. Look at the worst cases in the villages and smaller towns where real people face serious challenges foisted on them mostly by a system that is designed to limit them from the day they were born. The salary you get per year is what some students will get here on a scholarship in one year and you are flexing muscle? The least privileged person here will still enjoy the roads you cannot, the power you cannot, the peace you cannot, the stability you cannot, better health care than Yaradua can buy for billions in Germany! I am talking about the least privileged in a small town ad your are boasting about a failed system operating in the "best" places in Nigeria?

3. I bet you can never quit or resign this job you worship except you die or are incapacitated, can you? I see your are even talking about the fact that you are a "big boy". . .utter FOOLISHNESS. Look, it is only in failed and failing states like Nigeria that how big you are is important. When you visited somewhere outside Nigeria, did anyone notice your clothes, your jewelery or that you are a big boy? Did you not join a queue, wait for your turn and address even a receptionist with respect and courtesy? If you disagreed with someone, did you just slap them and insist on YOUR way? Look, in a functioning system, a much higher paying job will be resigned and the person goes back to school or quits to take his life in another direction. Can anyone in Nigeria (average Joe the Plumber) resign his job and be confident of his next steps?

luizworld:

@ PHUCK NL  Please imagine this scenario, A person is doing well in Nigeria, he has a good business in nigeria and good qualifications also. he decides to relocate abroad only to find out that things are even worst down there.
I the processs  of hustling to survive he does menial Jobs.
Isn,t he better of in Nigeria where he pays no TAX and Utility bills etc
lipsrsealed

So, you think tax evasion is a good thing? Shame on YOU! Not paying utility bills? I see you are indeed part of the problem like I insinuated in my previous post. Is that not what the useless government and government houses one of which you live in do? Not paying utility bills? Well, you WILL NEVER FIT IN where normal people do what is right and play by the RULES. Indeed life (and the minds of Nigerians) who think this way is "poor, nasty, short and brutish. . .". In Nigeria, the biggest thieves are the "big boys" and they obey no rules and oppress the unfortunate majority. In a functioning society, there are rules of behavior that do not respect your size, your pathetic job, your family/father's name or how much money you have. Paying taxes is your DUTY and not paying it will land you in serious trouble, so expensive. . .you will rather wish you had paid it ab initio. Come to think about it, you are not being asked for money you did not make as income and they are not asking for your life savings! In a real society, you don't need millions to live decently and the good life Nigerians are dying to find abroad was built and is being maintained by the taxes people pay as well as the taxes that the Utility company you don't wish to pay their bills have paid to the government! Nigeria is a JOKE. . .and it saddens me so much. Nevertheless, I will be in Nigeria soon for the holidays and if anyone wants to have a conversation, I will oblige if we have a chance of accessing each other.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by gradewilli: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2009

Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad
« #64 on: Today at 08:38:59 PM »

Some people will never LEARN and they just spew stupidity from their mouth when they talk:

Quote from: tkb417 on Today at 07:31:04 PM
Those not connected are making it
when did you leave Nigeria? have you heard about the emergence of the middle class in Nigeria?
I'm in Nigeria and not a politician and i can stand anybody anywhere in the world. Ive not stolen a kobo and there are thousands of people like me.
Mind you, i havent said ure wrong about people going abroad if they want, but i strongly object to your latter tune
I have friends who work in good coys abroad who would like to join the Nigerian arm of the company . as a matter of fact, they are increasing day in day out

except your defination of success stories in Nigeria means having billions in bank accounts, then ure right. If what i see when i go abroad amongst our fellas abroad is what you call success stories, then you need a trip down to Lagos, PH and Abuja Nigeria to have a feel of our upwardly mobile professionals

uve been abroad for too long
? zero game of survival?
ask the IFC, IBRD, Chevron, Shell, Haliburton, Rencap, vectis boiz and gurls if they'll swap their jobs for a livin abroad
as for me, its a NO

where you are suits you, where i am is fine by me.
I can claim to be big here, i doubt u can claim a big boi wherever u are Grin Grin Grin

nice submissions tho
just wanna downplay the whole schitzo
no need to attack one another. Na God know where everybody go make am
our models cant be same

Look mister, you make very stupid, convoluted and insane statements because of the blindness of your mind. Let me respond to some of your foolishness, perhaps your vain pride will let you get some understanding:

1. Lagos, Abuja and PH do not constitute the whole country, doofus! Yet you are grandstanding on mere ignorance?? The success of a nation is not measured by their best (strongest of them), but an appraisal of the weakest of them. In any of those places you mentioned, life is ". . .poor, nasty, brutish and short. . .", take this from someone who has lived and worked in Abuja even before you got your pathetic job, lived in Lagos, and visited more parts of Nigeria than your sorry ass. Guess what? There are places over here which you haven't heard about. . .not New York, LA, London, Paris, Toronto, Madrid. . .but life here is way, way, way, way much better than you will ever know. Believe that people who work here as welders (nothing wrong with that job), they make more money and live a better quality of life than you will ever know. If you make millions from your suffer-head white collar job and you can go to the malls and buy imported goods and flaunt it in the face of your less fortunate neighbor, but can you buy good roads, electricity (not generator killing you with noise and pollution), freedom without harassment from politicians, thugs and robbers, justice and fair hearing (almost 100% of the time), health care that you can bank on (remember your president will not even vouch for his life after spending N2B to import equipment for his personal use, and the list goes on. . .endlessly). This is not in a popular city and this is even for less than average people who can only have an ordinary job. Now, think of people who actually aim very high in their vocations and create the technologies the company you work for sells or markets in Nigeria.

2. Those companies you mention (Chevron, Shell, Haliburton, etc) are only paying you slave wages for all I care. How much do you earn that you think it is representative of everyone in Nigeria? Guess what? In a proper, fair and functioning system, although people will work for these companies you boast about, a lot of people will not. Some will finish their high school, start on a bright idea and make more money you could never dream about. You are talking of a job like you will keep the job forever. . .you must be demented. Look at the worst cases in the villages and smaller towns where real people face serious challenges foisted on them mostly by a system that is designed to limit them from the day they were born. The salary you get per year is what some students will get here on a scholarship in one year and you are flexing muscle? The least privileged person here will still enjoy the roads you cannot, the power you cannot, the peace you cannot, the stability you cannot, better health care than Yaradua can buy for billions in Germany! I am talking about the least privileged in a small town ad your are boasting about a failed system operating in the "best" places in Nigeria?

3. I bet you can never quit or resign this job you worship except you die or are incapacitated, can you? I see your are even talking about the fact that you are a "big boy". . .utter FOOLISHNESS. Look, it is only in failed and failing states like Nigeria that how big you are is important. When you visited somewhere outside Nigeria, did anyone notice your clothes, your jewelery or that you are a big boy? Did you not join a queue, wait for your turn and address even a receptionist with respect and courtesy? If you disagreed with someone, did you just slap them and insist on YOUR way? Look, in a functioning system, a much higher paying job will be resigned and the person goes back to school or quits to take his life in another direction. Can anyone in Nigeria (average Joe the Plumber) resign his job and be confident of his next steps?

Quote from: luizworld on Today at 06:34:52 PM
@ PHUCK NL Please imagine this scenario, A person is doing well in Nigeria, he has a good business in nigeria and good qualifications also. he decides to relocate abroad only to find out that things are even worst down there.
I the processs of hustling to survive he does menial Jobs.
Isn,t he better of in Nigeria Huh where he pays no TAX and Utility bills etc
Lips sealed Huh

So, you think tax evasion is a good thing? Shame on YOU! Not paying utility bills? I see you are indeed part of the problem like I insinuated in my previous post. Is that not what the useless government and government houses one of which you live in do? Not paying utility bills? Well, you WILL NEVER FIT IN where normal people do what is right and play by the RULES. Indeed life (and the minds of Nigerians) who think this way is "poor, nasty, short and brutish. . .". In Nigeria, the biggest thieves are the "big boys" and they obey no rules and oppress the unfortunate majority. In a functioning society, there are rules of behavior that do not respect your size, your pathetic job, your family/father's name or how much money you have. Paying taxes is your DUTY and not paying it will land you in serious trouble, so expensive. . .you will rather wish you had paid it ab initio. Come to think about it, you are not being asked for money you did not make as income and they are not asking for your life savings! In a real society, you don't need millions to live decently and the good life Nigerians are dying to find abroad was built and is being maintained by the taxes people pay as well as the taxes that the Utility company you don't wish to pay their bills have paid to the government! Nigeria is a JOKE. . .and it saddens me so much. Nevertheless, I will be in Nigeria soon for the holidays and if anyone wants to have a conversation, I will oblige if we have a chance of accessing each other.
[b]Report to moderator Logged
Hmmn, ask away!,
1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria Is Virgin Nigeria Fraudulent? I Cant Understand Their New Tactics The Experience Lagos, 2007 Page 2
Pages: (1) (2) (3) Go Up Send Topic to Friend by E-mail Reply Notify of replies Mark unread Print

Sections: Autos/Cars (2) Jobs/Vacancies (2) (3) Career Talk Education General(2) Politics Romance Computers Phones Travel
Sports Fashion Health Religion Celebrities TV/Movies (2) Music/Radio (2) Books Webmasters Programming

Links: Page1 Page2 Page3 Page4 Page5 Page6 Page7 Page8 Page9 Page10

Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa. See also: Nairalist Classified Ads
Nairaland Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.12.

last poster i beg where u dey go in nigeria,,,,,,,,,,,,,
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights
[/b]
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by yomitesp(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
CyberG:

1. Lagos, Abuja and PH do not constitute the whole country, doofus! Yet you are grandstanding on mere ignorance?? The success of a nation is not measured by their best (strongest of them), but an appraisal of the weakest of them. In any of those places you mentioned, life is ". . .poor, nasty, brutish and short. . .", take this from someone who has lived and worked in Abuja even before you got your pathetic job, lived in Lagos, and visited more parts of Nigeria than your sorry ass. Guess what? There are places over here which you haven't heard about. . .not New York, LA, London, Paris, Toronto,  Madrid. . .but life here is way, way, way, way much better than you will ever know. Believe that people who work here as welders (nothing wrong with that job), they make more money and live a better quality of life than you will ever know. If you make millions from your suffer-head white collar job and you can go to the malls and buy imported goods and flaunt it in the face of your less fortunate neighbor, but can you buy good roads, electricity (not generator killing you with noise and pollution), freedom without harassment from politicians, thugs and robbers, justice and fair hearing (almost 100% of the time), health care that you can bank on (remember your president will not even vouch for his life after spending N2B to import equipment for his personal use, and the list goes on. . .endlessly). This is not in a popular city and this is even for less than average people who can only have an ordinary job. Now, think of people who actually aim very high in their vocations and create the technologies the company you work for sells or markets in Nigeria.

I heard you dude , for real !!! wink wink wink
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 11, 2009
The last time i checked the thread was about Illegal immigrants and not personal aggrandisement.

Sometimes, it does pay to be humble.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by MrCrackles(m): 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2009
tosh_acer:

From the way the diasporic people play down on their country and speak ill about her while they praise where they abode, why wont cases like this continue to happen? Until the diasporic people shut there mouth and speak the truth that life is not easy as well over there, then young people will strive to make it where ever they find themselves.
I think we know you are the same idiot as WALAKOLOBO. . .
The amount of hogwash you spew on NL is alarming. . .
Mr "Diasporan or Diasporic" shut the fuc.k up you clueless dimwit!
Which embassy brutally denied you visa, ending your dreams of becoming a "diasporic slowpoke"
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by MrCrackles(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
OMO IBO:

The last time i checked the thread was about Illegal immigrants and not personal aggrandisement.

Thank you brov! wink
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by eldee(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2009
OMO IBO:

It only became about illegal immigrants when it reached page two.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by danigga: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
NLanders,this is my opinion,a whole lot of folks have gone abroad and are making it,while its otherwise for a whole lot of others,youths abroad have better chances of living a more fulfilled life than ours here,owing to the fact that they have a more organised society which is being governed by sensible and considerate people,so what more can i say, embarassedit kills the heart when u aspire to achieve and the situations/circumstances continue to hold u down,one thing is for sure,there is a God who is seeing all the injustice and he suppaseth all and sundry and will bring justice to whom its due, peaceout wink
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Radiant(f): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2009
Yet another topic and posts.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by koolchicco: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

I think we know you are the same idiot as WALAKOLOBO. . .
The amount of hogwash you spew on NL is alarming. . .
Mr "Diasporan or Diasporic" shut the fuc.k up you clueless dimwit!
Which embassy brutally denied you visa, ending your dreams of becoming a "diasporic slowpoke"

Brashy, dis one na killer. grin
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by prcious007: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2009
Life is a lot harder than many people may think,

It is only you that can fight for "The Better" and anyone can do it,

Al.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by koolchicco: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2009
Newbie? undecided  'welu-cum' smiley
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by abby4life(f): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
why the hypocrisy? aren't there graduates in Nigeria riding okada, employed as drivers and cleaners and even selling recharge cards at the roadside? whats the big deal if it is done abroad at least you wont run into people you often as you earn a living in such a derogatory manner
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by pureminded: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2009
OMO IBO:

You are blessed !
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by redsun(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
High numbers of illegal immigrants,especially nigerians live better that the average indigenes and legal residents of the land,what they don't have is means of travelling but as for living good,they are just part and parcel of the system.

The ones in trouble are the jonny just come and mentally slow ones.It can never be as bad as what you guys have there in nigeria,unless of course you are a rogue or just lucky to be well placed at the expense of others.

There is always a snag in being well of in nigeria.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by victorazy(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2009
is a very terrible situation, i've experienced it b4.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Radiant(f): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2009
victorazy:

is a very terrible situation, i've experienced it b4.

You wanna share or you're just saying it?
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by RichyBlacK(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2009
luizworld:

1,500 Illegal Edo Immigrants Languish in Libyan Prisons
http://allafrica.com/stories/200906040049.html shocked shocked shocked
[size=14pt]Nigeria: 1,500 Illegal Edo Immigrants Languish in Libyan Prisons[/size]

Simon Ebegbulem
4 June 2009

Benin — OVER one thousand five hundred indigenes of Edo State who were on their way to Europe through Libya without genuine documents have been languishing in detention in Libya in the past three months.

Six of the women among them, were said to have been impregnated by the Libyan security operatives.

One of the victims, who identified himself as Charles Erawuyi, lamented to Vanguard on telephone yesterday that they were arrested while trying to enter Europe through Libya . He explained that over three thousand of them, including citizens of Kenya and Mali, were arrested but their governments have intervened to secure their release while only Nigerians remained in jail.

He said that among the Nigerians, one thousand five hundred of them are from Edo State and that six of the women amongst them have been impregnated by the Libyan security operatives who used the ladies to satisfy their sex urge.

But the state government through the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Foreign Matters-Diaspora, Mr Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, and a member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Samson Osagie, described the plight of the victims as wicked and inhuman, saying the state government would do all it could to liaise with the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs to secure their release.

According to Ehiozuwa, " the Comrade governor is very concerned about the situation because we found out that majority of them are from Edo State.

We have already made contact with the Federal Government to see what we can do to secure their urgent release. It is also sad to know that some of the girls have been impregnated.

That is very bad and it is unacceptable. We will not only seek for their release, we will also ensure that those who are involved in such inhuman treatment are punished.

"But we want to advise our people to stop rushing outside the country without genuine papers. The Comrade governor has put every thing in place to make the state more comfortable for the people. They should stay and apply for jobs because jobs are being created".

We want to say that it is not rosy out there, instead of going without genuine papers, we will advise that they look for what to do in the country.

"The Comrade Governor is seriously concerned about the plight of our people out there and he is reaching out to the Federal agencies to see what we can do. We cannot afford to allow our people perish out there" he stated.

On his part, Mr Osagie hinted that "I and some members of the House of Representatives will be going to Libya in the third week of this month to see what we can do to secure their release. The situation is very sad, though I learnt that the girls have been deported back already. We will go and secure the release of the men because no matter how we see it they are Nigerians".

Copyright © 2009 Vanguard. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Radiant(f): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
Action speaks louder than words. Promise to secure their release in dreamland. I'm sure those people are still in Libya. Nonsense!
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by RichyBlacK(m): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2009
RichyBlacK:

One of the victims, who identified himself as Charles Erawuyi, lamented to Vanguard on telephone yesterday that they were arrested while trying to enter Europe through Libya . He explained that over three thousand of them, including citizens of Kenya and Mali, were arrested but their governments have intervened to secure their release while only Nigerians remained in jail.

Part of the reason I maintain that Nigeria has the most useless government in the world!
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by ovo4u(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
CyberG:

1. Lagos, Abuja and PH do not constitute the whole country, doofus! Yet you are grandstanding on mere ignorance?? The success of a nation is not measured by their best (strongest of them), but an appraisal of the weakest of them. In any of those places you mentioned, life is ". . .poor, nasty, brutish and short. . .", take this from someone who has lived and worked in Abuja even before you got your pathetic job, lived in Lagos, and visited more parts of Nigeria than your sorry ass. Guess what? There are places over here which you haven't heard about. . .not New York, LA, London, Paris, Toronto,  Madrid. . .but life here is way, way, way, way much better than you will ever know. Believe that people who work here as welders (nothing wrong with that job), they make more money and live a better quality of life than you will ever know. If you make millions from your suffer-head white collar job and you can go to the malls and buy imported goods and flaunt it in the face of your less fortunate neighbor, but can you buy good roads, electricity (not generator killing you with noise and pollution), freedom without harassment from politicians, thugs and robbers, justice and fair hearing (almost 100% of the time), health care that you can bank on (remember your president will not even vouch for his life after spending N2B to import equipment for his personal use, and the list goes on. . .endlessly). This is not in a popular city and this is even for less than average people who can only have an ordinary job. Now, think of people who actually aim very high in their vocations and create the technologies the company you work for sells or markets in Nigeria.

God Bless You
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by RichyBlacK(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
CyberG:

A thematic piece!

A combative piece; but if that's what it will take to drive home the point then so be it.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by danigga: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
angry wink smiley cheesy grin embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry What else can i say my people,if the system in these God blessed country,would we really be attaching so much emotions in deliberating on this issue of immigrant/illegal immigrant?also it is never proper when we have this mindset of getting social amenities free,how would government get funds to run the society which brings us to the situation that its what you get that you,ll give from, when you dont get constant power supply,how will you be willing to pay for the bills which you never used,cos even if you pay,the funds instead of it to be used to revitalise that sector,it will be shamelessly muscled into some private coffers/pockets, am really saddened,so why wont i want to leave fofr somewhere else where i can at least live a peaceful and decent life?pls some should help me with the answer, cry
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by intom: 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2009
OUR LEADERS DOES NOT GIVE THEM HOPE IN THIS COUNTRY.
RICH COUNTRY;POOR PEOPLE
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by reindeer: 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
Na wah o!
E be like say the OP get some beef with the embassies in nija grin

Anyways, theres no hard and fast rule about where you 'make it'
Just pray that God locates you in the right place.
God knows the specific clime for you to do well ok, either back home, in europe,or even afghanistan!

But whatever you do sha, dont become an illegal immig,never pays, you get cheated everyday and you'd never be able to call the police. cheesy
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by german007(m): 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
@reindeer

Most people become illegal immigrants not by choice, but by circumstance.

Regards
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by tjadeba(m): 12:02am On Nov 12, 2009
[b]"Look mister, you make very stupid, convoluted and insane statements because of the blindness of your mind. Let me respond to some of your foolishness, perhaps your vain pride will let you get some understanding:

1. Lagos, Abuja and PH do not constitute the whole country, doofus! Yet you are grandstanding on mere ignorance?? The success of a nation is not measured by their best (strongest of them), but an appraisal of the weakest of them. In any of those places you mentioned, life is ". . .poor, nasty, brutish and short. . .", take this from someone who has lived and worked in Abuja even before you got your pathetic job, lived in Lagos, and visited more parts of Nigeria than your sorry ass. Guess what? There are places over here which you haven't heard about. . .not New York, LA, London, Paris, Toronto,  Madrid. . .but life here is way, way, way, way much better than you will ever know. Believe that people who work here as welders (nothing wrong with that job), they make more money and live a better quality of life than you will ever know. If you make millions from your suffer-head white collar job and you can go to the malls and buy imported goods and flaunt it in the face of your less fortunate neighbor, but can you buy good roads, electricity (not generator killing you with noise and pollution), freedom without harassment from politicians, thugs and robbers, justice and fair hearing (almost 100% of the time), health care that you can bank on (remember your president will not even vouch for his life after spending N2B to import equipment for his personal use, and the list goes on. . .endlessly). This is not in a popular city and this is even for less than average people who can only have an ordinary job. Now, think of people who actually aim very high in their vocations and create the technologies the company you work for sells or markets in Nigeria.

3. I bet you can never quit or resign this job you worship except you die or are incapacitated, can you? I see your are even talking about the fact that you are a "big boy". . .utter FOOLISHNESS. Look, it is only in failed and failing states like Nigeria that how big you are is important. When you visited somewhere outside Nigeria, did anyone notice your clothes, your jewelery or that you are a big boy? Did you not join a queue, wait for your turn and address even a receptionist with respect and courtesy? If you disagreed with someone, did you just slap them and insist on YOUR way? Look, in a functioning system, a much higher paying job will be resigned and the person goes back to school or quits to take his life in another direction. Can anyone in Nigeria (average Joe the Plumber) resign his job and be confident of his next steps?"
[/b]

Thank you,This is reality on board.I imagine someone calling himself a big boy where electricity doesnt function and he decides to buy a big generator that emits smoke,makes noise vibrates the entire sub structure and drives to work in a big car on bad roads.I am indeed sorry for you Mr.Big Boy.I wonder when Nigerian will stop quantifying the development of a Nigerian with the number of millionaires in Nigeria.The development of a country is measured by how the resources of that country is shared among its citizens and access to all the indicators of good standard of living such as good road,power,good health,human rights,clean air,safe drinking water,good security(All these may not be accessible to an illegal immigrant,mind you) to the weakest of the society.Not just that somebody will come here and say he is a millionaire and many people have big cars in Nigeria and therefore Nigeria is better than abroad.Naija Big Boy, you need to come up with statistics to back up your claims about the middle class theory,then i know you have researched have found out that middle class has INDEED emerged in Nigeria.

However,if we all leave Nigeria for these goons in authority and continue to rant from abroad,who will make the country what we all want it be?How can we make Nigeria good?US,Uk,Canada,Germany etc can never be our country.we will always be foreigners there(for real).I am looking forward to the day Nigeria will rise up and takes its place in league of developed nations.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by reindeer: 12:14am On Nov 12, 2009
Bang on target!
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by becomrich15: 12:32am On Nov 12, 2009
I think our govt should be ashame and our leaders cover thier eyes.

How many american do you see become Illegal Immigrant Abroad. Our leaders should resign.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Shooga27: 12:40am On Nov 12, 2009
I'm in uk, ve seen alot different scenario, loads of international student find it almost immpossible to renew their visa's or change Status to work permit;obviously the influx of immigrant to Uk lately disturbs the so called Oyinbo(white);crime rate jumped from cyber crime to ,identity fraud,drugs and many more this crimes are commited by britons,eastern europeans wicked romania's,asians,NIGERIANS.
  Case study,Lekan came to uk for post graduate,after paying £12,000 about3 million naira for a year course obviously he paid through all means,student are only allow to work for 20hrs a week,less than £150 a week, call me if u want more info.
  Brov i rather stay illegal in uk than to come to unstable country like Nigeria i'm really sorry if i offend anyone,seriosly NEPA no dey take light,the welfare is AAAAA'S,no notorious shooting or u can't go out at nite,i hope and pray finks will be better in Nigeria,
AMen undecided cry cry
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by MrCrackles(m): 12:42am On Nov 12, 2009
becomrich,:

I think our govt should be ashame and our leaders cover thier eyes.

How many american do you see become Illegal Immigrant Abroad. Our leaders should resign.
Na today. . . .
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by yommyuk: 12:47am On Nov 12, 2009
so wat the fuss about this post?,

The main fuss about this post is that nigerians will continue to ignore the truth.
I see nothing wrong about this post at all
Most of these so called "boat travellers" sometimes spend 100s of thousand Naira to make these dangerous trips.
why? Can't they use that money to start something back home. (Even in somalia and afghan, people are still making a living)
I know a guy who walked via the sahara desert to North Africa, then to spain, Holland and is now in the UK.
With all that waka waka , he is still an illegal immigrant. doing shitting jobs all over the place.
It makes u wonder, WHY? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reconstruction Of Gate-oje-beere-oja To Oba-molete Under Bridge by GSM govt(pix) / Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.