Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593306 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Missmossy:

You didn't see me for many days yet you didn't ask of me. Welldone oo.
Eh...i asked of u oo...bt dey told me u travld 4 d xmas, dats y...no vex 4 me...pele
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Izyluv, Jaytoy, Adebriana, make una comment oo
Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Thanks ma'am, ure one of my favourite writers here because of your frequent updates. Mabel is really stupid, Nathan doesn't hate her, he just needs love and attention. She just made things worse between them. Nathan went too far but imprisoning and torturing her own son is way too much, he won't forgive her. I'm sure she'll object to Nathan's relationship with Nene but I don't think Nathan will listen. I feel bad for Chioma, hope Nene goes back soon. As for Jude, serves him right, even if he was angry with Mabel, he could have reached out to his son earlier. What does a grown up guy need a father for? And thank God Kainene is thinking straight now, she'll be the one to give Nathan the love he needs.
Re: Red Ashes by Pureheart91(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
lipsrsealed sometimes i wonder why would a parent go as far as taking his or her child to a cell just for the sake of discipline... There are many ways to discipline a child.

Nice story Madam chummy, but remember you never pay ur duely Homage to our honoarable association- Readers Unit Of Narialand (R.U.O.N).
Re: Red Ashes by Missmossy(f): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Eh...i asked of u oo...bt dey told me u travld 4 d xmas, dats y...no vex 4 me...pele
Haha its okay, didn't travel oooo. Who told you that..
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
xaviercasmir:
The chemistry between two of them is really growing.
Nice update ma'am.
That's the chemistry Simi and Falz is talking about.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pureheart91:
lipsrsealed sometimes i wonder why would a parent go as far as taking his or her child to a cell just for the sake of discipline... There are many ways to discipline a child.

Nice story Madam chummy, but remember you never pay ur duely Homage to our honoarable association- Readers Unit Of Narialand (R.O.U.N).

Wic 1 b R.O.U.N again? Na wa oo
Pureheart91:
[color=#006600] lipsrsealed sometimes i wonder why would a parent go as far as taking his or her child to a cell just for the sake of discipline... There are many ways to discipline a child.

Nice story Madam chummy, but remember you never pay ur duely Homage to our honoarable association- Readers Unit Of Narialand (R.O.U.N).

Wic 1 b R.O.U.N again? Na wa oo[/color]
Pureheart91:

Wic 1 b R.O.U.N again? Na wa oo
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Missmossy:
Haha its okay, didn't travel oooo. Who told you that..
The gods of Nairaland dd
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pureheart91:

Bro, why not RUON?
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
I don't like Mabel's approach at all.....it's so wrong. I hope Kainene will be able to bring mother and son together. Thanks for the updates ma'am.
Re: Red Ashes by boladex1: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Dedicated to Boladex1.

KAKA.

'what is happening? Why do you look like you swallowed a frog?' i asked Kainene when she slumped on the sofa.

She had run out of the house with just yellow shorts, blue camisole with a pink long sleeved jacket over it. I wondered why had run out that way? Had she gone to see her mum?

I really felt bad about lying to her mum, but she had forced me to. I sighed.

I noticed she was panting heavily 'Nathan's mother is a devil'

I was confused 'i dont understand...which...'

'that woman had her own son locked up in a police station!' she hissed.

'which son?'

She eyed me 'i said, Nathan's mum, locked him up in a police station!'

'why? When? How did you know?'

'i know because i dialled his number earlier today and i was told he was in the police station. I rushed there and the policemen were watching. She was there watching them and when i asked her, she said he was her son and she had every right to discipline him whenever he erred...can you imagine?'

'ori okpe oo! No be small discipline. Were they like....torturing him, them put broom for im peehole?' I laughed.

'Kaka, this is not a joking matter..please stop!' I was surprised. I had never seen my friend this serious before about any guy, except of course MozB...but then, even MozB..she wasnt usually this concerned about him,

'i'm sorry...' i sighed 'why didnt you speak to his mum or try to press bail?'

'i tried all i could, but you needed to see the way the woman spoke to me, even to the extent of calling me a slut! Like seriously? I spoke to that woman anyhow oo. I was so mad'

'no wonder Nathan spoke to her that way that day. What is she hoping to achieve by locking him up? It wont tame him, its going to make him even hate her more and probably make their relationship..worse than it already is...' i sighed again 'God help them' i focused on my phone.

'what is wrong with you?'

I raised my head 'huh?'

'you claim Nathan is your friend but i'm telling you something like this and you're being nonchalant..about it?'

'what do you want me to do? Its not like i can bail him out of there. But Casmir and i would go see him tomorrow, there's nothing i can do now' I stared deeply into my friend's eyes and without being told, i knew. I knew she had been crying. I knew how she felt towards that guy. I already felt the chemistry between them from that day at the fast food on my birthday...then to that day at his house on his birthday...even Casmir had told me that those two were in love with each other. It was very obvious.

She sighed 'i have serious headache. I would have to go back there tonight. I dont know if they are going to be giving him good food, plus i wasnt allowed to see him and i wasnt with cash to bribe....' she tugged at my arm 'Kaka, please go with me'

I looked at her and at the wall clock 'bae, this is 7:45, which time we wan take go, which time we wan take come back?'

'there's food in the kitchen already. I go just warm that peppersoup wey mummyK make..then i go put hot water for flask, carry milo and milk or lipton..with bread and rice and some soft drinks...'

'na wa oo...' i smiled 'this guy is really lucky to have a wonderful friend like my friend oo...see all the things wey you wan pack fo five am...na wa oo, na orphanage home we dey go?'

'be serious jhor!' she dragged my hand 'come, make we go kitchen...you're going to help me warm the peppersoup while i prepare the other things i might need. Then i freshen up and we go'

'hmm...' i stood up and followed her to the kitchen 'only God know when we go take come back oo. Why dont we wait till tomorrow?'

'we both know that if Xaviercasmir was the one in his position, you will not hesitate to sleep there tonight'

I laughed.

Am very sorry that I have to quote the whole write up but am over joked because I have a whole update dedicated to me.

Thank you chumzypinky for the dedication. Am at your back ride on

TBC
Re: Red Ashes by Tife101(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Mabel is so heartless. How will she do such to her own son?!...She should have use another means of punishing Nathan not in a inhumane manner. Besides, Nathan craves for love, care and attention. I love the chemistry between Kainene and Nathan jere....Thanks for the update ma'am.

Expecting more......
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
rachealfst:
I don't like Mabel's approach at all.....it's so wrong. I hope Kainene will be able to bring mother and son together. Thanks for the updates ma'am.
Hmm...king of hearts in d making.... Aunty Rachel, u 2 watch king of hearts
Re: Red Ashes by Pureheart91(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
bolubennie:
Bro, why not RUON?

Thanks for ur correction! Typing Error..

Chummmy you don hear am now.. Soon dem go pass dy bill on NL here and den lyk joke e go become a more pronounced body on the literary section.

Ova to Seun...

Meanwhile ur story don the take style resemble .....
Re: Red Ashes by Pureheart91(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
wink Missmossy hi!...
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
My friends, no update 2day again oo. I don try abeg. Its really nt easy combinin my husband's needs, children's needs, work and writin oo. Sometyms, i'm typin and 1 of d kids starts cryin n my husband yells at me for being nonchalant. Or sometyms, i'm typin n jst wen dat update is almost gettn complete...my husband tells me 2 do something...and i must do am na...and then mayb i drop my phone somewhere high so those tigresses wont come close to it..but by the time, i'm tru wit wat i ws supposed 2 do..wen i return....i c my female warriors holdin parts of my fone, 1 with my battery, d oda wit my simcard and d last wit d phone. E dey pain me eh...and sometimes, i go just discourage to type because i wont have dat inspiratn again. So make una bear wit me.

5 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pureheart91:

Thanks for ur correction! Typing Error..

Chummmy you don hear am now.. Soon dem go pass dy bill on NL here and den lyk joke e go become a more pronounced body on the literary section.

Ova to Seun...

Meanwhile ur story don the take style resemble .....
Resemble wetin?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
U c all of u dat ar viewin...yes u and u...i'm talkin 2 u...all dos dat ar viewin witout commentin, na God go judge una oo, una go make heaven sha...silent angels. And i'm dedicatin al d updates i make 2moro to al d ghost readers, talking about Fam24 who's viewin now, Mujybee who's also viewing... Iwakacome and d rest of dem...

Fear don dey catch me to mention monikers since e b lyk sey Nairaland get smal sko-sko 4 head. Where in d world is mentionin moniker a bad thing?
Re: Red Ashes by Pureheart91(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
lipsrsealed
When u write finish i go tell u yam to.

Besides say hello to ur wondaful Amazon daughters for me. Gdnyt.
Chumzypinky:

Resemble wetin?
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Hmm...king of hearts in d making.... Aunty Rachel, u 2 watch king of hearts
Yes o, I love the series. Our Kainene's mission is the same as Sidhaart Khurana.
Your Story rocks ma'am. Good night and have a lovely night rest.
Re: Red Ashes by mujybee(f): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ghost mode deactivated

Gr8t work dr
more idea 2 ur brain

Gud nyt chumzy
Re: Red Ashes by fam24(f): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
My friends, no update 2day again oo. I don try abeg. Its really nt easy combinin my husband's needs, children's needs, work and writin oo. Sometyms, i'm typin and 1 of d kids starts cryin n my husband yells at me for being nonchalant. Or sometyms, i'm typin n jst wen dat update is almost gettn complete...my husband tells me 2 do something...and i must do am na...and then mayb i drop my phone somewhere high so those tigresses wont come close to it..but by the time, i'm tru wit wat i ws supposed 2 do..wen i return....i c my female warriors holdin parts of my fone, 1 with my battery, d oda wit my simcard and d last wit d phone. E dey pain me eh...and sometimes, i go just discourage to type because i wont have dat inspiratn again. So make una bear wit me.

Sorry. Don't be discouraged. My regards to your angels. That's the beauty of been a mother
Re: Red Ashes by MozB: 12:36am On Dec 29, 2016
Chumzypinky:

[bold]CHIOMA[\bold]
CHIOMA
[bold]KAINENE[/bold]
KAINENE
want to bolden a word or sentence? The code is [ b ] [ /b ]
problem solved? *smiles*
Ride on dear... You are d' bomb
TBC
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2016
rachealfst:
Yes o, I love the series. Our Kainene's mission is the same as Sidhaart Khurana.
Your Story rocks ma'am. Good night and have a lovely night rest.
Lol, u c Kainene as pesin wey fit do wetin Sidhart Khurana dey do? My Kainene isnt here to mend any broken relationship...Nathan hs 2 mend it himself *winks*
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:22am On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=MozB post=52345577][/quote] tanks honey
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2016
fam24:

Sorry. Don't be discouraged. My regards to your angels. That's the beauty of been a mother
Abi? Tanx jareh...dats y i'm praying to God to give u 10kids, 8boys, 2girls

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2016
Pureheart91:
lipsrsealed When u write finish i go tell u yam to.
Besides say hello to ur wondaful Amazon daughters for me. Gdnyt.

lol, ok...i wil
Re: Red Ashes by Pricelessangel0(f): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2016
Am sorry for being a ghost reader. welldone sis u re doing a great job here. more inspiration
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2016
Dedicated to Pureheart61 and Rachealfst.

JOLADE

Even as i relaxed my head on Qasa's chest, all i could think of was my Nathan. Its been almost three weeks since i had last spoken to him, last seen him.

I missed him. I missed everything about him. His brutality. His smirks. The way he talks. His show of hatred towards me. Surprisingly, i missed them all.

I stirred as a smile formed on my lips.

'you are awake darling?' Qasa whispered and i nodded, raising my head to look at her. She touched her lips asking for a kiss.

I lowered my head and kissed her 'goodmorning Queen'

'good morning my love...' she touched my hair, then my tips and i quivered.

'Queen, its morning. I have to rush home now, mum must have been worried. I lied to her saying i slept over at Folake's but i have to go now' i said picking up my bra from the side of the bed.

She groaned 'oh my honey! Why not leave your mum and come live with me...' she kissed me again 'i'll take care of you...even more than Nathan will'

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to slip my legs into my skinny jeans 'next time Queen'

I heard her sigh.

'what of Adebriana?' i asked again.

'she's okay. She'll be here later. Her head should be okay now'

I turned to Qasa 'are you both lovers?'

She turned to look at me 'what do you mean?'

'are you lovers with Adebriana? Do you screw her too?'

'wow, wow, wow! Whats with that look on your face? Its not as if we are really lovers, you and i are just friends with benefits. You screw me, and i help you get your guy'

'so, in that case, you and Adebriana screw as well?'

'of course honey! She's my main the main' she reached for a packet of cigarette beside her.

I was hurt. To think she wasnt even denying it. But i said nothing. I wore my green chiffon top and slipped into my gold sandals.

'so whats the way forward? Have you spoken to Nathan?' she asked.

'no. But i have plans of seeing him today. I'm in dire need for a real dick' i said with a coy smile.

'what did you just say?'

'you heard me Queen. I need a live throbbing object, i need to feel it inside of me, i'm sick and tired of using a toy, an object that doesnt even fill me up the way i would want it' i picked up my gold clutch.

Qasa rose from the bed, totally unclad, her slipper-like breasts dangling on her chest 'are you saying you're going to screw that guy?'

'he's not just that guy. He's my fiance'

'how dare you Jolade?!'

I paused 'how dare i? I dont understand. We are not really lovers, we are just friends with benefit, Nathan is my main the main' i winked at her.

'now you're using my word against me!'

I smiled and walked up to her then placed a sloppy wet kiss on her lips 'goodbye Qasaqueen...i'll call you later' I winked at her and started walking towards the door.

'Jolade?'

I stopped walking 'i love you. I really do. I dont want to lose you...' she said 'lets forget about Nathan. Lets get married'

I didnt know why but i suddenly started laughing. I laughed so hard, i had to rest my back on the door to stable my balance 'seriously?' i asked almost choking 'like seriously Qasa? All the hard drugs you've been taking has finally caught up with you'

I saw the shock on her face. She must have been surprised by my boldness. But then, she had taught me to be bold and fierce. When i had asked to be initiated into Amazon, she said she couldnt recriute scaredy cats like me who couldnt even fight for her man.

'like hell, have you forgotten this is Nigeria? When did you suddenly turn daft Qasaqueen? Like, cocaine is screwing your head now'

'you dare not speak to me that way!'

'i dare! I will speak to you that way and anyhow i like. Because you dont own me. I'm Jolade Akinjide, i'm not Jolade Qasaqueen, just because we are lovers doesnt mean you are superior to me'

'the nerve. You're forming Jamesbond now abi? You've suddenly become bold and you now think you can speak to me anyhow you like?' she smirked 'no problem. I'll show you that no matter how tall an Okra tree grows, it never grows taller than its master'

I laughed 'you're mistaken Qasaqueen. Seriously, why are you picking offence, you told me to always be bold and fierce'

'and na my body you wan take learn am abi?'

'eh'

'na so. You've tried. From today henceforth, you're on your own. We both know you can never get Nathan back by yourself'

'i learnt so many things from you Qasa. Dont worry, you'll be invited to my wedding....to Nathan..' i placed my hand on the knob.

'and i hope you know its over?'

'even before you said it, i already wanted it'

'and i hope you know no one messes with me and goes scotfree?'

'say you be God abi wetin?'

'i be minigod. I be god of Amazons'

'Amazons are asslickers'

'abi? By the time we are done licking your stinking ass, you wont come out alive'

'your empty threats, do not scare me' i hissed and left the room.

TBC

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by sandra2winstar(f): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2016
I don hear you o. Our author. Nice one. But kainene is the best character there so far as am concerned. Ride on.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2016
Dedicated to Pricelessangel and MozB.

MABEL

I sat on the hospital bed, Jude's head on my laps 'i'm sorry about...'

'shhh...' he weakly placed his finger on my lips 'there's no need being sorry Mabel. Just that, you failed in his upbringing'

I sighed 'yes, i know. And i'm trying to amend my mistakes. Nathan deserves to be taught a lesson. The mistake i made with him as a child was always overlooking my mistakes. I never really took any actions and thats why he's the spoilt child that he is'

'Hope you know its a bit too late to amend your ways? He's an adult now, liable to make his own decisions. Its going to take grace to put him back on track'

'he's my son so i'm going to correct him anytime, anyday...even if he's somebody grandfather'

'how is he? Please tell him to come see me. I need to apologise to him'

'apologise for what?' i asked slowly carressing his bandage. Remembering our youthful days.

'for hitting him. I should never have. He's a man for crying out loud'

'if a child does wrong, he deserves to be corrected'

'a child you say, not an adult'

'as long as i birthed him, he remains a child to me. Anyway...you cant see him now. I had him locked up in a police station'

'you did what?!' he stared at me in disbelief.

'yes, and he's going to be there for two weeks. He's going to be severely tortured that when he's out, he's going to have no other choice but to bend to my ways'

He tried sitting up but the excruciating pain he felt made him lie back on my laps 'you cant treat my son this way Mabel'

I scoffed and rolled my eyes 'you said it yourself that your son needs discipline' I said laying emphasis on "your son"

'that wasnt the kind of discipline i meant. Have him released right now Mabel. Locking him up in a cell wont do him much good. He's going to hate both of us for life...and i cant stand it. I've lost much time with my son already...his hatred is something i cant stand'

'seriously?'

'help me with my cellphone'

I stared at him in suspicion 'why do you need it?'

'give me my cellphone!' he demanded, his voice rising a notch.

I reached for it and handed it to him. He pressed whatever on the phone then placed it on his ear and i could tell he was trying to make a phone call.

'hello Commissioner....no time for exchange of pleasantries please...i heard my son, Nathaniel...Bassey...' he looked at me 'Nathaniel Imore is being held up in the station....i want him released right now...and i want the policemen who went for his arrest...sacked and arrested immediately...please look into that...i dont want him in that cell for an hour more...' then he hung up.

I pushed his head away roughly and stood up 'how dare you?! Jude, how dare you do something like that? Do you fucking think you're the only one who cares about Nathan here?'

'ouch!' he winced 'i did what was best for him Mab...because i know you would never release him'

'stay away from us! Henceforth...i dont want to see you anywhere near my son and i again. What makes you think you have a right to him anyways?'

'i have a right to him because he's my son!'

'you have no right to him because you were never part of his upbringing!'

'still, he remains my son!'

I picked up my things and eyed him 'you're nothing, but a big fool! Loser! Animal!' I hissed and rushed out of the ward.

TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2016
I don try ds mrnin na. Till afternoon again

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.