Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593982 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
noble2faith:
I had an impression dat something romantical was gonna happen btw kelvin and Jolade. My impression has been justified. tongue chumzypinky..thks for d dedication! Kip on kiping on
U wlc hon
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
dahmine:

got here few days back, so not entirely new I just have a bad habit of not commenting ain't because I don't appreciate it's just... well like I said a bad habit. I apologize. happy new year
Wen it cums 2 Chumpinky's thread, al bad habits disappear like Jonathan frm Aso Rock
Re: Red Ashes by triplemmm3(f): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year chumzypinky
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
triplemmm3:
Happy New Year chumzypinky
same 2 u dear
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
CHIOMA.

I settled on the couch beside Onome. She still looked younger and beautiful as always. Her afro was neat and the shades of white hair showed how she had aged. Though she hadnt aged in appearance.

'happy new year Onome...' i said with a smile.

She smiled too 'shame to you...so today resemble new year for your eye abi? Today no be 15th of February?'

'eh...we've not seen since this year thats why'

'na because say you no wan see me now. Sotey i come dey wonder if me and you dey quarel. You no fit carry phone say ah...' she placed her hand on her eye like she was truly answering a phone call 'Onosky the troublemaker, how far now? How you side dey? Even to kukuma branch come chop better Ikodo and roasted fish, you no come, na wa oo. You try wella. Over try dey worry you'

I chuckled 'i'm sorry. But you should have also stopped over or even called now. Since i couldnt visit your home on time, why didnt you visit or even call?'

'English woman! Na me, Onosky the renowned troublemaker you dey blow grammar for abi? Okay oo, i no know why i no just dey fortunate to take go school'

I started laughing 'see person! You that studied at Havard with a master degree from there abi?'

'i no go now. You no dey see the yeye english wey i dey spoke? If to say, i goes to school, i for don dey speak selense like you na. Hey, God! Why my matter go different na? Na only me be troublemaker wey dey dis life?'

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chumzypinky weldone n happy new year
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Em em . .Chumzy, I am sorta confused oo. Abeg, che Onome na Chichi's friend? Btwn happy new year to you, ma'am.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
bolubennie:
Em em . .Chumzy, I am sorta confused oo. Abeg, che Onome na Chichi's friend? Btwn happy new year to you, ma'am.
Onome is Kaka's mum...cant u tell frm d way she speaks?

2 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
Dat updated is nt complete oo. Of al days my daughter chose today 2 fall sick...i'll complete in later in d nite
Re: Red Ashes by kayceerilyn(f): 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Dat updated is nt complete oo. Of al days my daughter chose today 2 fall sick...i'll complete in later in d nite
Alright.... Thanks for the update... Take care of baby please....
Re: Red Ashes by iiru: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
wish little angel quick recovery and strength for mummy to take good care of her.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
kayceerilyn:
Alright.... Thanks for the update... Take care of baby please....
Tanx luv. Sasha said i shuld greet u
Re: Red Ashes by boladex1: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year chumzypinky.
However your update its too short for brunch.
Kindly do better for dinner
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:
CHIOMA.

I settled on the couch beside Onome. She still looked younger and beautiful as always. Her afro was neat and the shades of white hair showed how she had aged. Though she hadnt aged in appearance.

'happy new year Onome...' i said with a smile.

She smiled too 'shame to you...so today resemble new year for your eye abi? Today no be 15th of February?'

'eh...we've not seen since this year thats why'

'na because say you no wan see me now. Sotey i come dey wonder if me and you dey quarel. You no fit carry phone say ah...' she placed her hand on her eye like she was truly answering a phone call 'Onosky the troublemaker, how far now? How you side dey? Even to kukuma branch come chop better Ikodo and roasted fish, you no come, na wa oo. You try wella. Over try dey worry you'

I chuckled 'i'm sorry. But you should have also stopped over or even called now. Since i couldnt visit your home on time, why didnt you visit or even call?'

'English woman! Na me, Onosky the renowned troublemaker you dey blow grammar for abi? Okay oo, i no know why i no just dey fortunate to take go school'

I started laughing 'see person! You that studied at Havard with a master degree from there abi?'

'i no go now. You no dey see the yeye english wey i dey spoke? If to say, i goes to school, i for don dey speak selense like you na. Hey, God! Why my matter go different na? Na only me be troublemaker wey dey dis life?'

I laughed loudly 'Onome abeg leave me, i no get strength to laugh'

'abeg no mind me jareh. It looks as if you're carrying the problems of the whole world on your shoulders so i'm just trying to cheer you up a bit' She rose on her feet 'so what do i offer you?'

'erm...nothing'

'you dey craze!' she folded her fists like someone that wanted to box 'e be like sey you no know sey me and Mike Tyson na boyfriend and girlfriend before'

I laughed again 'oya, give me ikodo'

'see your mouth! Give me a minute' she excused herself and came back with a tray.

I enjoyed the meal.

'lets go to my room and talk jareh. Before those kids come back and start giving me wahala' Onome said.

'which kids?' i looked at her suspiciously.

'eh...Kc dey around'

'okay...' we both stood up and started climbing the stairs 'eh-hen, abeg oo, you don see your pikin?'

'which of my pikin?'

'Kainene na. Erm...'

'is there any problem?' she paused and looked at me relaxing her back on the railings...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:

I laughed loudly 'Onome abeg leave me, i no get strength to laugh'

'abeg no mind me jareh. It looks as if you're carrying the problems of the whole world on your shoulders so i'm just trying to cheer you up a bit' She rose on her feet 'so what do i offer you?'

'erm...nothing'

'you dey craze!' she folded her fists like someone that wanted to box 'e be like sey you no know sey me and Mike Tyson na boyfriend and girlfriend before'

I laughed again 'oya, give me ikodo'

'see your mouth! Give me a minute' she excused herself and came back with a tray.

I enjoyed the meal.

'lets go to my room and talk jareh. Before those kids come back and start giving me wahala' Onome said.

'which kids?' i looked at her suspiciously.

'eh...Kc dey around'

'okay...' we both stood up and started climbing the stairs 'eh-hen, abeg oo, you don see your pikin?'

'which of my pikin?'

'Kainene na. Erm...'

'is there any problem?' she paused and looked at me relaxing her back on the railings...

'erm...lets go to your room and talk...' she shrugged and we started climbing the stairs 'Kainene and i are having little misunderstandings. So she left the house. And i know very well that she cant be anywhere but here'

'what makes you think so?' she spread her curtains apart and the room became bright. Then she sat on the bed holding a pillow close to her chest. I sat too.

'because she cant be anywhere but here...i know Kaka's her only friend'

'what really happened?' the look on her face showed she knew what it was all about but wanted to hear my own side of the story.

'i...' i started fumbling with my fingers 'its...its her...its about her dad and i. You know i'm divorced...her dad came back and he wants us to renew our vows...' i looked up at her 'Onome, dont i deserve to be happy? Cant i also be in love and be loved in return? Dont i deserve happiness in my life?' Tears welled up in my eyes 'though, i later found out that the man

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by chara019: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year ma'am chumzy.
Re: Red Ashes by SheWrites(f): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
Am impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year ma
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
SheWrites:
Am impressed.
tanx honey... My madam is in d buildin
Re: Red Ashes by Opeoluwa99(f): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
Well done ma
You are one of the talented writers here on nairaland

I pray Nathan bonds with his mum
Re: Red Ashes by dahmine(f): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Wen it cums 2 Chumpinky's thread, al bad habits disappear like Jonathan frm Aso Rock
lol, yes ma. great story BTW God bless you for sharing.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2017
Chumzypinky:

'erm...lets go to your room and talk...' she shrugged and we started climbing the stairs 'Kainene and i are having little misunderstandings. So she left the house. And i know very well that she cant be anywhere but here'

'what makes you think so?' she spread her curtains apart and the room became bright. Then she sat on the bed holding a pillow close to her chest. I sat too.

'because she cant be anywhere but here...i know Kaka's her only friend'

'what really happened?' the look on her face showed she knew what it was all about but wanted to hear my own side of the story.

'i...' i started fumbling with my fingers 'its...its her...its about her dad and i. You know i'm divorced...her dad came back and he wants us to renew our vows...' i looked up at her 'Onome, dont i deserve to be happy? Cant i also be in love and be loved in return? Dont i deserve happiness in my life?' Tears welled up in my eyes 'though, i later found out that the man
The man...wasnt worth it. He lied to me several times. He doesnt deserve me. I cant believe i lost my daughter because of a shameless man! I've tried reaching Kainene but she doesnt answer my calls....' i sobbed 'i even called Kamsi asking if she knows about Kainene's whereabouts but she denied knowing about it. Thats why i came here. Kamsi might not tell me the truth but i know you'll tell me...'

She sighed.

KAINENE.

Nathan held onto my hand tighter as we entered the ward. His mum was on the bed. She had a confused look in her eyes...almost like she was trying to remember something...anything at all.

Her head was bandaged. And i felt pity for her. Kaka had stepped out to get food for his mum.

'who are you?' she asked looking frightened.

I looked at Nathan and i saw tears forming in his eyes. He sat beside his mum still not letting go of my hand.

'mum...' he whispered. He held her hand with his other one.

She quickly snatched her hand from his grasp 'what rubbish! Mum? Who are you? Get out of here now!'

'mum, you...you dont remember me?'

'who the hell are you?'

'its me Nathan...Nathan, your son'

'my son?' then she looked at me 'do i have a son?'

I nodded.

'are you my daughter too?'

I shook my head.

'ouch! My head! My head hurts' she touched her forehead, then she looked at us again 'who am i? What is my name?'

'mum..your name is Mabel. Mabel Imore, the CEO of Imore Corporations. You're a very wealthy woman mum' Nathan said.

'me? You mean i own a lot of money? Me?' her eyes widened in surprise.

'yes ma' i replied going over to sit by the other side of the bed. I rubbed her other hand.

'who are you? Why dont i remember anything?'

'thats because you have amnesia mum. You cant remember anything' Nathan said.

'if you claim to be my son...then who is she? Your wife? Are you married? Do you have kids? Am i a grandmother? I have grandchildren?'

I chuckled 'no aunt, you dont have grandkids, at least not yet. My name is Kainenechukwu Claire Igho. I am a friend of your son. But i'm also your daughter too. Lets say, your adopted daughter...' i leaned forward and pecked her cheeks.

'adopted daughter?' her eyes were a bit relaxed now but she was still confused 'so i'm not a virgin?'

Nathan and i exchanged glances then we bursted out laughing.

'of course aunt, you're a virgin!' i said 'you're the only virgin that went to the labour room, came out with a son and still remained a virgin! You see aunt? You're a great woman!'

I saw her lips curve in a small smile 'stop whining me...' i noticed she was now holding my hand. Then she looked at Nathan 'where's your father? My husband...i'm married right?'

'erm..i...i...' he looked at me at loss for words to say.

'ermm...ma, you're not married yet. But Nathan's father travelled out of the country but he's on his way here'

'why wont i be married? And yet i have a son?'

I looked at Nathan urging him to say something.

'er...mum, you and dad are actually planning for your marriage' he lied smoothly.

'really?' she giggled in excitement. The woman was really behaving like a kid now 'so i'm going to be a bride soon?'

'yes...' Nathan and i chorused.

She looked at me 'you said your name is Claire right?'

'Claire or Kainene, but i'm mostly called Kainene or Nene...Claire is my english name while Kainenechukwu is my native name'

'oh! I'll call you Claire'

I shrugged 'anything you want ma'

'i like you. I think i like you more than him...' she looked at Nathan and i saw the hurt that flashed in his eyes 'he looks like a bad boy. Am i safe with him?'

'of course ma!!!' i exclaimed 'he's your son. He'll never harm you'

'why dont i like him that much then? Arent mothers supposed to love their children?'

TBC

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2017
Gal10
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2017
Opeoluwa99:
Well done ma You are one of the talented writers here on nairaland
I pray Nathan bonds with his mum
Tanx dear...and u're 1 of d most talented commenters here in Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2017
IOluwaMichael
Twinkiet
Adebriana
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2017
Chumzypinky:

'i like you. I think i like you more than him...' she looked at Nathan and i saw the hurt that flashed in his eyes 'he looks like a bad boy. Am i safe with him?'

No Ma u are nt safe with him, he did dis to u lol. Jst loving d story more
Re: Red Ashes by dyabman(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chumzypinky:
JOLADE.

I met him at the kitchen, doing the dishes. I yelled his name and he turned to me.

I walked up to him and slapped the paper on his face. He looked shocked.

I carried the bowl of water from the kitchen sink and splashed it on his body, as if that was not enough, i grabbed the collar of his faded shirt, landing knocks and slaps wherever i could.

'you fool!!' i said landing the sieve on his head 'let this be..the very last time, you'll ever...ever in your miserable life try writing me a love letter, do you understand that? How dare you? Just look at your miserable self!' i was so irritated, disgusted and what have you that i felt like throwing up on his face. I felt insulted that i had to slap him again.

Surprisingly, he took all the slaps without any reaction. Water dripped from his face, his body was soaked from head to toe.

'if my mother ever gets to find out about this, consider yourself dead!'

'i'm sorry...' his voice was shaky like he was going to cry.

I slapped him again 'idiot! To think you're not even my class! Listen, if you think that the fact that you saved me the other time is going to make me...have feelings for you, then you are sick on every side! Just take a look at this hungry lion!'

'i'm sorry ma'

'imagine!' i picked up the paper from the floor which was already wet 'i love you more than anyone else, i miss you more than anyone else. I cherish you more than anyone else. Will you be my lover? I promise to take care of you the best i can, i will....' i stopped and hit the paper on his face again 'he goat! Infact, pack your bags and leave, you're fired!!'

He opened his mouth in disbelief. Then he went on his knees 'please ma, i'm sorry. I'm very sorry. Its never going to happen again, please ma. I care for my family through my salary from this job...please ma'

'see you useless mouth....!' i dragged his mouth 'see your peacock mouth! So its the twenty thousand naira which would not even be enough to feed you and your miserable family that you want to take care of me from, right?'

'oshi! Didirin! Okponu! Were! Mumu! Infact, my God will punish you for what you did today! Miserable goat!' i hissed and walked away.

I still wasnt satisified. I went back to the kitchen and knocked him twice on the head again.

'Jolade!!' my mum called out entering the kitchen 'what is the meaning of this nonsense? Why is there water on my floor?'

I hissed with my hands akimbo.

'am i not talking to somebody?!' then she looked at Kelvin 'Kelvin..what is happening here?'

He didnt say a word. He just rubbed his palms together and sniffed. He was crying.

I picked the paper up from the ground and handed it to her. She ran her eyes through it and looked at me 'who did it come from?'

'this idiot here!'

She looked at Kelvin then back to me 'Kelvin, is this from you?'

He nodded 'yes ma'

Then she looked at me and flung the paper on my face 'is that why you were treating the poor boy like trash?'

I was surprised.

'listen to me Jolade, i dont like the way you treat people in this house. Everyone is equal. What is all this rubbish all about? Is it because you were fortunate enough to live a life of luxury? Is that why you treat people of a lower class like trash?'

'mum...'

'shut up! I'm talking!'

'ma'am, please dont scold her. Its all my fault...' Kelvin said. I eyed him.

'shut up and leave here this instant!' my mum commaded 'lover boy!'

TBC

Ah han , Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by dyabman(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
I no know say na Literature room i dey .. *Carry's his slippers under his armpits and runs* cool
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chumzypinky:

'of course ma!!!' i exclaimed 'he's your son. He'll never harm you'

'why dont i like him that much then? Arent mothers supposed to love their children?'

TBC
*sighs* God please, make I catch this woman small, abeg. Make I catch em please. Bring her hand in hand with the author..... its only a lesson I want to teach them. To think they are in this together........ Ehn! Even with amnesia

Okay....Nathan, its time "we" restructure and stop waiting for Karma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
dyabman:
I no know say na Literature room i dey .. *Carry's his slippers under his armpits and runs* cool
Y u dey run? Dem tel u say Buhari dey here??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
*sighs* God please, make I catch this woman small, abeg. Make I catch em please. Bring her hand in hand with the author..... its only a lesson I want to teach them. To think thank they are in this together........ Ehn! Even with amnesia

Okay....Nathan, its time "we" restructure and stop waiting for Karma

I read ur comment over ten times but i stil cnt understand wat u mean...
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for the mention. Sorry it's coming late, I just read the episodes today. Keep up the good work ma'am. More grace, strength..... Yes and Happy new year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.