Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593458 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by teel123(f): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for the DEDICATION. More money in your ACCOUNT
Re: Red Ashes by Tbrak: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Tbrak
i luv dis story like mofelowo, more mb to ur data and God Bless U for writing d story bt pls make it longer tanx
Re: Red Ashes by boldndbeautiful(f): 1:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Boldndbeautiful and
Saraphina, long tym no saw. Gi ne me?

Nne I dey oh, hopping in and out, ride on ano m gi na azu
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2016
I have been following this story for quite a long time. but u never dedicate any episode for me. dear chumzy pinky I very jealous of those u are dedicating oh
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:44am On Dec 30, 2016
teel123:
Thanks for the DEDICATION. More money in your ACCOUNT
Ah! I claim ds 1 by fire by force
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2016
holuwanoisy111:
I have been following this story for quite a long time. but u never dedicate any episode for me. dear chumzy pinky I very jealous of those u are dedicating oh
Ah, pele..infact, i'll dedicate all of 2days updates to u n u alone
Re: Red Ashes by patriciakase(f): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2016
M really enjoying ds,kip it up
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2016
Dedicated to Holuwanoisy111.

MABEL

I couldnt believe who i was seeing. Standing right in front of me was the greatest mistake of my life. Chuka Igho!

'what...why...get out!!' i screamed.

'please calm down Mabel. I come for peace, nothing else' he stated.

'you are obviously mad...' i went over to him and held his collar 'you demon! You animal!! How dare you? How dare you show your ugly face to me? How dare you!!!'

'Mab calm down please, i'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything i ever did to you. I'm here to apologise'

'what?' i stared in disbelief 'apologise? Did you just say apologise?'

'yes'

I hit him hard across the face and he flinched, obviously he hadnt expected it.

'you say you come here to apologise?' i relaxed my butt on my table 'apologise for what? What exactly are you here to apologise for?'

He sighed 'for misleading you Mabel. For ruining your life, i'm terribly sorry, please'

'may God render your and your entire generation useless for life...' I stopped myself. What was i saying? Why was i laying curses on his generation? I sighed 'well, i take that back. God will not render your generation useless, but my God will surely render you useless for life'

'Mabel please...'

'do you know what you did to me? Do you know the pains i have to pass through everyday because of you? Do you even know how much i'm suffering right now? Do you know how much it pains me that i no longer have Chioma by side? Are you stupid?!'

'thats why i'm here Mab, relax. I also need Chioma back and i know you need her too. Thats why i'm here. Lets go together and beg for her forgiveness. I know how softhearted Chichi is, she's going to forgive us'

I scoffed 'it seems you dont know that people do change'

'i already had her forgiveness but something messed it. Mabel, this is a chance to redeem yourself. I'm ready to take all the blames. I'm ready to say i seduced you. I'm ready to say that i lied to you. I'm ready to stay those pictures were photoshopped. I'm ready to say i drugged your drink and raped you. I'm ready to say everything Mabel. I'm ready to atone for my sins. I just want to come out clean to Chioma...you just dont know how much i really love her'

'so its true?'

We both turned to see Chioma standing by the door.

TBC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Abeg no vex 4 me. Sometimes, i'm typin and something comes up, mayb my children ar hungry or my oga wey put me 4 hauz needs something...or duty calls as a mother and wife, bt i dey try sometimes, wen my pikins don slp, i dey try to enlongate d updates. Bt tanks anyway. I hate short updates too, its annoyin
Yes Ma'am i understand, u are doing a great job Ma, jst kip it up
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Chuka Igho jst went from bad to worst with Chioma. Waiting for d next update keenly
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2016
Pureheart91:

Thanks for ur correction! Typing Error..

Chummmy you don hear am now.. Soon dem go pass dy bill on NL here and den lyk joke e go become a more pronounced body on the literary section.

Ova to Seun...

Meanwhile ur story don the take style resemble .....
U wlcm

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Gloria007(f): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2016
I'm in love with this story.
Re: Red Ashes by triplemmm3(f): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Abeg no vex 4 me. Sometimes, i'm typin and something comes up, mayb my children ar hungry or my oga wey put me 4 hauz needs something...or duty calls as a mother and wife, bt i dey try sometimes, wen my pikins don slp, i dey try to enlongate d updates. Bt tanks anyway. I hate short updates too, its annoyin
Don't worry, just be consistent, it's not easy to be a mother.
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Ds is awesome. Chuks is probably cursed. Fr bad to worse nd i hope it will be from worse to worst.

Nice update ma. Standing by my window to know when when d nxt update will arrive
Re: Red Ashes by duchessxino(f): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2016
So much in love with this story.....thumb up ma'am
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2016
Dedicated to Holuwanoisy111.

CHIOMA.

Though i was beginning to think that just maybe Mabel was saying the truth...and just maybe, Chuks was the devil between us, hearing it directly from his mouth was really painful. It felt as if i've been stabbed directly into my chest. It was just so painful.

Mabel came to my side and touched my shoulder. I looked up at her and she smiled with tears in her eyes 'i'm glad you finally know the truth now Chioma. This is the man you called your husband'

I looked at Chuks.

'Chichi...its..not like that. Its not what you think, honestly...'

'save it!' i snapped raising up my hand 'i didnt think about anything. I heard it, you monster. As if not telling your folks that you caught me in bed with another man on our matrimonial bed was not enough, you also went ahead to seduce my friend! What kind of a man are you? What did i ever do to you?' I asked trying to fight back my tears. I had really really loved this man, but this is how he was going to repay my love?

He looked down on his feet obviously lost for words. And when he finally looked up, his face was soaked in tears 'it was never my intention to hurt you Chioma. It was never my intention. Just how was i going to hurt the woman who matters the most to me, how?'

'you're nothing but a psycho Chuks...' Mabel said 'and i want you out of my office right now. And i mean, this instant before i throw you out'

'Chioma please....' he fell on his knees and crawled to where i was 'i'll kill just to show you how sorry i really am'

'you dont really have to drive a knife deep down someone's chest to show you've killed a person...' Mabel said 'you really do not have to poison a person or shoot a person to how you've killed a person. As it now, you killed the both of us. You've killed someone else! But by God's grace, we've risen again and we wont let you into our lives so you dont kill us again!'

'why dont you shut up and let Chioma speak for herself?' Chuks asked rising on his feet, fury in his eyes 'why wont you mind your business and leave us alone?! Why are you hell bent on ruining us?'

'me? Ruin you?' Mabel asked placing on her palm on her chest 'you're already ruined as it. There's nothing else to gain by ruining a strayed dog...'

'Mabel!' he raised his hand to slap her but i quickly caught it midair.

'dont you dare!' i shouted.

He grimaced. Even Mabel looked shocked.

'dont you ever...ever in your entire life, try raising your dirty hands on Mabel again. It should never happen again, have i made myself clear? Because if it ever happens again, i'll make sure i ruin you Chuks...' i pointed a warning finger at him 'and when i say such things, i actually mean them' I flung his hand away.

'Chioma...' there was a look of hurt in his eyes.

'Chuks, please leave my office...' Mabel said pointing at the door 'please just go. You're constituting nuisance'

Chuks glared at her angrily then back at me, then he stormed out of the office.

'good riddance to bad rubbish!' Mabel hissed closing the door.

That was when the tears started pouring. The betrayals. The lies. The pains. It all got to me and all i could do was cry.

Mabel came beside me and led me to a long leather seat beside her desk. We both sat on it. I had my head rested on her shoulder as i cried loudly.

I could tell she was crying to from her sniffs. Her soft hand patted my hair softly. Then her other hand reached for mine and squeezed gently.

And that minute i knew, that the friendship that had ceased for 24yrs was about to continue.

MABEL (few hours later....at home)

The door opened and Nathan walked into the house hand in hand with the girl with the dreadlocks from the cell. I wasnt surprised to see him. His useless....self aclaimed father had already ordered for his release.

I hissed and eyed the girl. There was no way i was allowing this girl into my house, never!

'you!' i said pointing at the girl 'leave here this instant'

The girl looked at Nathan.

Nathan eyed me and dragged her along. They alighted the stairs together.

'useless children! Like father like son! Fools! And make sure you dont sleep with that girl inside this house oo! Because i will personally set the both of you ablaze if such happens. Animals!' I barked but they both ignored me.

KAINENE.

'i'm sorry about that...' Nathan said towelling his body.

'you really dont have to...' i swallowed hungrily at the sight of his sexy body.

He sat beside me on the bed and held my shoulder 'thank you Kainene. Thank you. No lady has ever stood by me the way you've done. Thanks alot'

I stared at his lips. And then i did the unthinkable. I reached forward and kissed me.

He kissed me back and soon we were tugging at each others body. His hand was already squeezing my bosoms and my moans were all over the room.

Then the door swung open and his mother came in.

I froze.

TBC

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for the update ma'am ...More plz #Winks
Re: Red Ashes by noble2faith(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2016
Wat a creative writer u re! This could serve as a marriage manual for potential or would-be parents. Broken marriage, in most cases if not all, leaves an indelible scar(s) in the life of child(ren) emotionally, socially and psychologically. I have been following dis well-written piece of art work since 3:00 am. I love reading a lot, but nt all literature works I read only those dat catch my attention and I must say dis really caught my attention.

Back to d storyline. Wat I could deduce frm this art work is dat the chaos, instabilities, confusion and what have you in dis literature work are deeply rooted in broken home of Chioma.

Lemme quickly run thru d storyline so far:

Chioma was raped by her step father(not her father, dats to say, her father was no more wit her mum(dis was d main root of d tragedy in d storyline) ), thereby leaving a gory picture in her mind dat whenever she had sex with chuks, her Hubby, d picture of dat heartless step father of hers always came to her mind. So in other to stop d reoccurence of dis bad memories, she denied her nusband, whom his sexual urge was uncontrollable, sex whenever he demanded for it. Chuks couldn't take it anymore so he ventured into marital infidelity n sleeping arounds with her wife's friends. The last straw dat broke d camel's back was when he slept his wife's best friend and the enduring woman's endurance was put to alteration at dis point, and consequently filed for a divorce. It also affected mabel's marriage with jude. Kannie and nathan re now d victims of dis messy broken homes. At dis junction, I should stop.

I hope this storyline has a happy ending. Expecting more n more frm you chumzypinky..I am so curious to see d end of dis literature work. Well-done damsel!

3 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by majoie: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2016
beautiful story...
Re: Red Ashes by mujybee(f): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2016
i jst love dis chumzy
kisses #muah
Re: Red Ashes by empress101(f): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2016
grin cheesy I cnt stop asking for more..... lol... kainene is in love oooooo
Re: Red Ashes by harameede99(f): 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chai dis story dey burst my brain see mabel cum spoil awa faaji
Re: Red Ashes by iiru: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
you are loved chumz . your story is awesome , writing and keeping up with family is not easy at all. well done. you got a big fan here.
Re: Red Ashes by triplemmm3(f): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for the dedication chumzypinky
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
noble2faith:
Wat a creative writer u re! This could serve as a marriage manual for potential or would-be parents. Broken marriage, in most cases if not all, leaves an indelible scar(s) in the life of child(ren) emotionally, socially and psychologically. I have been following dis well-written piece of art work since 3:00 am. I love reading a lot, but nt all literature works I read only those dat catch my attention and I must say dis really caught my attention.

Back to d storyline. Wat I could deduce frm this art work is dat the chaos, instabilities, confusion and what have you in dis literature work are deeply rooted in broken home of Chioma.

Lemme quickly run thru d storyline so far:

Chioma was raped by her step father(not her father, dats to say, her father was no more wit her mum(dis was d main root of d tragedy in d storyline) ), thereby leaving a gory picture in her mind dat whenever she had sex with chuks, her Hubby, d picture of dat heartless step father of hers always came to her mind. So in other to stop d reoccurence of dis bad memories, she denied her nusband, whom his sexual urge was uncontrollable, sex whenever he demanded for it. Chuks couldn't take it anymore so he ventured into marital infidelity n sleeping arounds with her wife's friends. The last straw dat broke d camel's back was when he slept his wife's best friend and the enduring woman's endurance was put to alteration at dis point, and consequently filed for a divorce. It also affected mabel's marriage with jude. Kannie and nathan re now d victims of dis messy broken homes. At dis junction, I should stop.

I hope this storyline has a happy ending. Expecting more n more frm you chumzypinky..I am so curious to see d end of dis literature work. Well-done damsel!
Lol dearie. Tanx. I luv readin long analysis lyk ds. It sims u understood d story veri wel. Tanx 4 readin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
iiru:
you are loved chumz . your story is awesome , writing and keeping up with family is not easy at all. well done. you got a big fan here.
Tanx dear. E no easy oo. Bt baba God na my backup
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
harameede99:
Chai dis story dey burst my brain see mabel cum spoil awa faaji
Lol u aff spoil finish
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
Swankmee
Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
This Mabel is my worst character in the story, together with Jolade and her clique. what did Kainene ever do to her? And how can she enter the room of a grown up guy like that without knocking, especially when she knows he's with a lady. And why do I have a feeling that Jude isn't really Nathan's father?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dedicated to Holuwanoisy111 (shebi u is wnted dedication, u is saw dedication, u is run 440)

KAINENE.

I tried pulling away but Nathan held me still.

'oloshi!' his mother shouted clapping her hands 'ashawo! Stupid girl! See as e be...monkey...money for ground...back for ground! Mumu...!'

I was scared. I was embarrassed...why was the woman behaving this way?

'get out! Get out of my room right now before i do something drastic!' Anger poured out of Nathan's pores as he spoke.

'there's nothing you'll do, you this foolish boy...Like father, like son!'

Then he stood up, forcefully grabbed her hand and practically threw her out of the room. I wasnt sure how she landed but i was sure she fell.

Then he shut the door and locked it. He was fuming.

I brought my two legs closer and rested my head on it. Then i raised my head and reached for my bag 'i have to go'

'no. You're going nowhere...' he spoke softly. Then he fell to the bed and sighed 'i badly need a smoke'

'eh? What did you say?'

He looked at me then bit his lower lips as if he knew he had just touched a forbidden topic 'nothing'

'Nathan...be very sincere with me...do you still smoke?'

'babe, its...'

'answer me'

'i will stop but its not so easy to stop...i know you dont like it'

'its not so easy to stop indeed!' i hissed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by abefe99: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
sweetheart ao are u its been long I comment happy new year. in advance.I wish u more.blessing keep it up dear Na front page u dey oooo
Re: Red Ashes by BurnaKing21: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ghost mode deactivated...u are doin g a great job here....keep d good work dear.......i love d fact dat ur updates are consistents,person no nid 2 begin beg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.