Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592527 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
CHIOMA.
I already knew that i was a shadow of myself. I already knew that almost everyone if not everyone knew about what was going on at the moment. Afterall, SpiritSensation was a very big and popular hotel.

I was paying for my mother's sins. So Kainene doesnt pay for my sins. I was willing to suffer now. So Kainene doesnt suffer later. I was just a mother willing to sacrifice anything for her child.

My mum would never have done what i was doing for me. My mother ruined my life. First of all, she brought home a monster that forcefully took my virginity away and it haunted me for the rest of my life. I still remember the event that took place several years ago when i finally decided to open up to my mother just what kind of a monster her so called beloved husband was.

FLASHBACK.

My mother eyed me from head to toe. She had her head placed on my stepfather's laps 'what is it you want?'

'mother, i want to talk to you about something. I mean in private' i said fidgeting with my fingers. My mother was a tough one, a no nonsense type. She could slap me at anytime and anyhow.

'cant you see i'm busy? Are you blind?! Is it that the rubbish you want to say cant wait?' she barked.

'but mum...you're are not busy. I actually chose this time because i knew you would be less busy by this time'

'are you...' my stepfather held her as she raised her head ready to pounce on me.

'calm down Agatha. I think you should hear the girl out. Maybe she has something very important to let you in about...' he said calmly then winked at me when he knew my mother wasnt watching.

My mother sighed 'okay lets go. But it'd better be worth it. Because i wont waste my precious time listening to nonsense' she stood up and started leaving.

'wait' my stepfather said when i wanted to follow suit. My mother was out of earshot now. I stopped and looked at him. He had a mischievous smile on his handsome face, yes, did i mention that my stepdad happened to be a very handsome man in his youthful days? I knew it was his handsomeness and the fact that ladies drawled whenever they saw him that made my mother love him. She felt so proud being a wife to such a handsome man.

'what is it?' i asked rudely.

'i know what you want to tell your mum. Go ahead, i bet she wouldnt listen to you'

'my mum would listen to me!'

'okay then. Go ahead. Then you'll see she's so blinded with the love she has for me she wouldnt be able to see the truth' he smiled devilishly.

'monster!' i went after my mum when i heard her scream my name.

'i wish you luck baby' then his evil laughter followed.

As painful as it was, he was right that day. My mother had been so blinded by the love she had for him that she couldnt see the truth boldly written on the wall. Even when i showed her the bruises around my vagina, she had beaten me up and accused me of being a prostitue. She had said my boyfriend had been responsible for my predicament and i was placing it on her husband's head. That day, i regretted my life.

That incident brought about a hatred i never knew a mother could ever have for her own child. And since then i learnt to keep my mouth shut. I learnt that not everybody believes what you say no matter how clear the evidence was.

I shut my eyes and let my tears fall. I didnt deserve what was happening to me, but what could i do?

TBC

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by twinkiet(f): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chumzypinky:

so dats hw u'll be bringing boys to my house abi?
..... Mum I'm an adult for crying out loud...... I'm in love
Re: Red Ashes by twinkiet(f): 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chumzypinky:

so dats hw u'll be bringing boys to my house abi?
. Mum I'm an adult for crying out loud......... Treat me like one....... I'm in love
Re: Red Ashes by ladyverere(f): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nene is too hot tempered, impatient and quick to jump to conclusions. I'm getting seriously irritated with her irrational outbursts. A woman is supposed to be calm, in control and ready to listen. Nene is too emotional.

Jolade is still confused. She refused to grow up and face reality.

Chumzy, I'm kinda disappointed with ur response to all those comments derailing d thread. Pls focus on ur story and leave all dat aside.

By d way ur updates r too short.

My love to U and ur beautiful family.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Gracito(f): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nene is a bit annoying. How Can someone be so irrational? She should go and learn how to be a woman biko. Madam Chumzy, God bless you oo.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nene is having a serious insecurity issues, I just wish she can trust people a bit more than she does & always read btw d lines but I guess she is blindfolded y been irrational..
Kudos Madame Pinky
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
ladyverere:
Nene is too hot tempered, impatient and quick to jump to conclusions. I'm getting seriously irritated with her irrational outbursts. A woman is supposed to be calm, in control and ready to listen. Nene is too emotional.

Jolade is still confused. She refused to grow up and face reality.

Chumzy, I'm kinda disappointed with ur response to all those comments derailing d thread. Pls focus on ur story and leave all dat aside.

By d way ur updates r too short.

My love to U and ur beautiful family.
long tym no c...wer have u bin?! I've missed u lyk kilode
Re: Red Ashes by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chumzypinky:
wait oo, am i going blind? Is dat a compliment?
maybe
Re: Red Ashes by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
twinkiet:
..... Mum I'm an adult for crying out loud...... I'm in love
will u stop derailing this thread with your senseless talk?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
maybe
ok, so wateva happnd 2 ds thread bring useless and me being lazy?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
will u stop derailing this thread with your senseless talk?
hahaha, troublemaker
Re: Red Ashes by PoliticalThuG(m): 11:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chumzypinky:
ok, so wateva happnd 2 ds thread bring useless and me being lazy?
Re: Red Ashes by Damilahrey(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2017
I pity chioma... innocenty
Re: Red Ashes by twinkiet(f): 12:32am On Jan 31, 2017
[quote author=PoliticalThuG post will u stop derailing this thread with your senseless talk?[/quote]lols....... tongue grin
Re: Red Ashes by dingbang(m): 7:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Mchew I just read the first page and I lost interest. . why do ladies keep loving men who constantly cheat on them?
Re: Red Ashes by ghettowriter(m): 7:07am On Jan 31, 2017
You are a great story teller.
Re: Red Ashes by Julietogbo(f): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Front page baby
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2017
mama ur story is on fp...congrats
Re: Red Ashes by aprilwise(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2017
It been long i took my time to read story from scratch but this story worth it. it's a wonderful story. well done
Re: Red Ashes by Shittaakeem(m): 8:30am On Jan 31, 2017
mummy chumzypinky your story made FP for the second time today. keep it up ma. Pls we need wait no I need more updates. long updates. I know its not easy with the work. husband and children. God bless you ma.
Re: Red Ashes by Kupaskeybaba(m): 8:40am On Jan 31, 2017
we are on FB!
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2017
Trust is the only thing that can break a relationship, marriage and family members and that's what Kainene lack. She's too temperamental
Re: Red Ashes by cyndylove64(f): 9:45am On Jan 31, 2017
Front page all the way........ Mummypinky oya give us food#we are on frontpage xo the food must be much#bless u ma
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2017
and for the umpteenth time... we are on front page again, thats testament to the beautiful work you are doing ma'am.

Sorry i've been AWOL for a while now... my boss and my gf have practically taken all my time and added to theirs Lol.

I promise to rob them, so i can have enough time to comment as often as before.
Re: Red Ashes by ladyverere(f): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2017
Chumzypinky:

long tym no c...wer have u bin?! I've missed u lyk kilode

This here girl just dey. Nothing spoil. But I have been busy.

How U dey? Family and work nko?

Abeg lengthen d updates, dey r too short. Ndoh.

BTW: U made Frontpage again me love!!
More and more grace dear. And loads of mb too to ya phone.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tanx evribody, i wuldnt have made FP without ur supports and encouragements, i luv u all.

And as for the guy that said u lost interest frm d first page, i'm so sori u hear. Bt not evribody's taste rhymes

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
KAKA.
I handed her a glass containing juice 'you know you should have given Nathan a chance to explain right?'

She sobbed and wiped the single tear off with her pinky finger 'there's nothing for him to explain. That couldnt have been a mistake. That pregnancy is certainly his'

I touched her shoulders 'i know, i understand what you're going through and where you're headed, but the way you left wasnt the best way either. You cant just give up on Nathan just like that. Besides, i dont even think he cheated on you. The pregnancy may be his, yes. But maybe it happened before you guys started dating. Thats girl's bump has started showing you know'

'i dont care how it happened. Why didnt he tell me? He kept denying it all this while. The other day i read a text on his phone. He's getting married to that bitch Kaka. You just dont understand whats going on. That boy has been lying to me since ages. And yet he claims to love me. Oh God!' she wept.

I hugged her. She'd been through alot today. First, she had to deal with her mother being arrested today, then this.

'take a sip darling' i brought the juice to her lips. I already slipped some sleeping pills into the drink. Kainene needed rest.

She took a slip.

NATHAN.

I went home with a bleeding mouth and a bruised knuckle. I didnt know whoever that guy that saved Jolade was but Jolade should know she really owed him her life. Because only God knew what i would have done to her if i had caught her. Why was she always showing up to ruin my life? Why couldnt she just stay away from me for goodness sakes? I wasnt responsible for her pregnancy and she knew just that, why then did she come back? What business did i have with her anyway?

The savior and i had engaged in a scuffle. Throwing blows and kicks, punches and all. It took some haggard looking and stale-breathed vigilante to separate us. By the time we both stopped fighting, we both went back with different injuries. He went back with with a bleeding arm, knuckles and cheeks. While i had come back with just a bleeding mouth and pained/bleeding knuckles.

''Nathan! What happened?'

I turned to see my mum coming out of the kitchen. She came to me and touched my mouth 'gosh! Son you're bleeding! What happened? Why are you just coming back now? Its almost past 12. I had to busy myself in the kitchen waiting for you! What happened? Were you attacked by robbers? Or assasins? God! Talk to me before i go crazy!'

I slowly removed my hands from my cheeks. I fell on the couch and held my head 'i would never be good enough mother'

'what? I dont understand' she sat beside me 'whats going on? Talk to me'

'Kainene has left me'

'dont say! Chioma was arrested today'

'that apart. She found out about Jolade's pregnancy'

'that trash i threw out of the house two weeks ago?'

'yeah. That trash!' i punched the sofa.

'calm down son. But i thought you said you werent responsible for her pregnancy?'

'i'm not mother. Believe me i'm not'

'then, what has the pregnancy got to do with you? Why is it causing problems between you and Claire?'

'she thinks i'm the one responsible for the pregnancy'

'why would she think that way? Havent you told her you aint the one responsible'

'thats the problem mother. Kainene never believes anything i tell her. She doesnt trust me. She's so quick to judge without even giving me a listening ear. She's too temperemental. Mum, i love her. I really do, but i dont think i can put up with her annoying attitude anymore. Its good we went our separate ways. I cant stay with a woman who doesnt even trust me one bit! Who's going to believe an outsider over me. I hate Kainene. I dont even love her anymore!' I stood up and punched the wall not minding my already bleeding knuckles 'i hate you Kainene!'

TBC

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations oooo Chumzypinky just saw u @ d front page. U are getting there
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank u mummy 4 updating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.