Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,824 members, 7,813,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances (36049 Views)

Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire / Ali Baba Reacts To Falz "This Is Nigeria" Video: Everyone Is Criminal In Nigeria / Ali Baba Reacts To Photo Of Woman Kneeling Before, Monday Eyo, Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Ccdavies(m): 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
YoungRichRuler:
Comedian Alibaba gave his views on the Falcon's demonstration to the National Assembly.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOAZ4O6gJ wzx/

Who is alibaba?..if I may suggest na 9ja current Music? Just a question tho

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by pope191: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
ALEGETEMITOPE:
pls try and read this again his using this msg to insult the govt

I understand, it just a pressing issue.... well like the saying, all good jokes always have some element of truth. But honestly I read through with long face and just couldn't tap any sense of mocking from his write up. Peace
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Sexyolori(f): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ali Baba is simply using sarcasm to expose the way our country treats their athletes and most people have misunderstood him.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by tifevirtue: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
For all you that claim this is sarcasm. Its wrong. You can't be sarcastic about people with pains. And every line was rubbing the pain on them. The sarcasm was wrongly constructed. This is why most people didn't get it. He was trying to be sarcastic there and funny but trying to be funny with a serious matter throws all the joke away. He is no king of comedy...... HE CREATES EXPENSIVE JOKE...... There are indeed poor Nigerian graduates.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by sholay2011(m): 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
x12345678x:
After reading some of d comments on this I rilly scared for this country and d kinda graduates we churn out each year. Any of u heard of #sarcasm chai

He was TRYING to be sarcastic but he still didn't do it successfully. It just came out like the rants of a clueless person who is trying to be funny. Nonetheless, na wa for the reactions nairalanders. Sarcasm isn't our strong point to be honest.

And the issue at hand is too sensitive (in my opinion) to take the sarcasm route when you don't actually have the skills.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by brightballer(m): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
erenma24:
It's people like this that we don't need in dis country, every1 has a brain but only few use it. many are literates but few are smart. embarassed
You are beautiful but you don't have brain!
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by MONITZ: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
quiverfull:

You guys miss the point, his entire write up is dripping with sarcasm.

Thank u so much, going thru a lot of comments made me realize that a lot of people didn't really understand Ali Baba's discuss and the manner in which he chose to put his message across. Simply put he made use of Sarcasm...

That he said the girls'wages were peanuts didn't actually show that he meant so,if anyone would feel insulted by this comment then it has to be the N. F. A or the federal government who ve decided to shirk their responsibilities and they re the ones Ali is obviously shading or dissing..... .
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by CaesarDon(m): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
alibaba as lost every ounce of respect I have for him, talk about being heartless self-centered & ignorant is putting it mildly
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by brightballer(m): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
sholay2011:

He was TRYING to be sarcastic but he still didn't do it successfully. It just came out like the rants of a clueless person who is trying to be funny. Nonetheless, na wa for the reactions nairalanders. Sarcasm isn't our strong point to be honest.

And the issue at hand is too sensitive (in my opinion) to take the sarcasm route when you don't actually have the skills.
What is sarcasm to you?
I remember you served a year or two ago. Please don't disgrace yourself here.
Alibaba is not Ben Bruce or Ayo Fayose that you expect to directly rain abuses or curses Buhari and his government.
Some of you need to go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
[s]
HungerBAD:
Alibaba you are wrong.

What is wrong with you?when you were a student of Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma(Bensu then),you were squatting at the hostel and practically begging to feed.

Today you have blown up,and you are describing the wages of the Falcons as peanuts?talk of arrogance.

What did this Clown read again?Philosophy. And if not for the fact that God smiled on you,you would still have been philosophizing on the road side with Aristotle, and talking to yourself like a mad man.

Even Dangote has not referred to any body's money as peanuts,let alone somebody who for now,is getting fed and clothed by his well to do wife.

The Falcons have a right to ask for their wages,and I am in support of them,and for Alibaba,he should shut up.

--Modified-

Settled back to read Alibaba's comments again,and just noticed it was dripping with sarcasm.

I apologize Alibaba.

[/s]

Here is a jobless boy who couldn't identify sarcasm until he was criticized to submission. To think ishilove is crushing on this clown makes me wonder the kind of brain women of this generation possess.
Shame

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Martinola(m): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
I am short of words to describe dis, looks more lyk a retard typed dis..because dis kind of things has been happening means pipul shouldn't agitate for wat dey felt should b done? i'm sori but dis man is a shame.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Wicked cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by slimghost(m): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
with the kind of youths i see on nairaland eh, Nigeria is finished! Ordinary sarcasm, these illiterates can't understand. So disgusting. tufiakwa
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Enoquin(f): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
lipsrsealed Nna, I am truly scared for this generation oh. It would have been downright funny, if it isn't disheartening that most people have poor comprehension issues. Some are even trying to say the sarcasm wasn't 'funny'. The future is worrisome as I see no solution in sight. Please, Ali Baba didn't say the girls' pay were peanuts in a way intended to insult their efforts or the protest.

Make I help una summarise wetin im talk: Im say our sinators and ministas dem go dey waka go obodo oyibo no do anything but go still come collect plenty money on top, meanwhile pipu wey dey do the real work go dey suffer to collect money wey no even reach anything (hence the term 'peanuts') wen dem wan compare am. Im dey talk say our government get poor attitude for pipu wey dey bring glory to the contri...im come use Okwaraji wey die as example.

Sarcasm is not intended to be funny like a joke (so don't pity or mock him if you didn't laugh). Those who understand sarcasm well (let me speak for myself) feel a kind of pleasure that cannot be explained, it's like stumbling on a secret where only few understand. And if we laugh, it is not because a sarcastic piece was funny, it is because of the sheer 'pleasure' we get from reading subtle or intelligent insults.

Okay, I am rambling...bye

6 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Seriousboy: 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Reading and understanding it is another thing.
Read/listen and think.
If i were told that somepeople read without understood their reading, i would say its a lie. This is why politicians will come up with big big lies and these type of people up there won't thik deep before bringing the mess to power.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by tiwiex(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
HungerBAD:
Alibaba you are wrong.

What is wrong with you?when you were a student of Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma(Bensu then),you were squatting at the hostel and practically begging to feed.

Today you have blown up,and you are describing the wages of the Falcons as peanuts?talk of arrogance.

What did this Clown read again?Philosophy. And if not for the fact that God smiled on you,you would still have been philosophizing on the road side with Aristotle, and talking to yourself like a mad man.

Even Dangote has not referred to any body's money as peanuts,let alone somebody who for now,is getting fed and clothed by his well to do wife.

The Falcons have a right to ask for their wages,and I am in support of them,and for Alibaba,he should shut up.

--Modified-

Settled back to read Alibaba's comments again,and just noticed it was dripping with sarcasm.

I apologize Alibaba.

Sarcasm
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Myself2(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
HungerBAD:
Alibaba you are wrong.

--Modified-

I apologize Alibaba.

Mmmm mmm, if you look deeply,you'll see its one attempt at sarcasm so poorly executed.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by kennyhydee(m): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2016
Sarcasm or not, it came at. D wrong time, ppl are grieving and u are throwing subtle shades, immediately I got halfway thru d write up I knew he was joking, but tell that to someone who is being owed his rightful payment and see how he reacts, he was just trying to remain on d good side of his clients (mostly politicians), but his joke came at d wrong time, I feel.he should have just kept quiet, instead of calling a spade a shovel!

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by ocelot2006(m): 12:20am On Dec 15, 2016
Sarcasm folks, sarcasm. That's how some people fail their WAEC exams.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Kebabs(m): 12:21am On Dec 15, 2016
He actually employed sarcasm sir.. He's scolding the authorities, not zhe falcons.
ammyluv2002:
He's not making any sense!

Protesting for peanuts? Smh undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by ocelot2006(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2016
kennyhydee:
Sarcasm or not, it came at. D wrong time, ppl are grieving and u are throwing subtle shades, immediately I got halfway thru d write up I knew he was joking, but tell that to someone who is being owed his rightful payment and see how he reacts, he was just trying to remain on d good side of his clients (mostly politicians), but his joke came at d wrong time, I feel.he should have just kept quiet, instead of calling a spade a shovel!

He's not throwing any subtle shades at the falcons, but actually mocking/shaming the authorities
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Kebabs(m): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2016
Ur mumu go teh o
Martinola:
I am short of words to describe dis, looks more lyk a retard typed dis..because dis kind of things has been happening means pipul shouldn't agitate for wat dey felt should b done? i'm sori but dis man is a shame.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Kebabs(m): 12:29am On Dec 15, 2016
Another mumude spotted
CaesarDon:
alibaba as lost every ounce of respect I have for him, talk about being heartless self-centered & ignorant is putting it mildly
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by jossy4joseph(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2016
Alibaba shut up idiot. You are a big fool. If they where to be your sisters would you be happy for the treatment being meted out to them? Nonsense
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by unmask: 12:32am On Dec 15, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Yeah, I get he's trying to throw shades, but he made sound like there's no moral justification for the girls
you didn't get anything.......read up on sarcasm.....then you would probably get it

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Eke40seven(m): 12:32am On Dec 15, 2016
What is wrong with the youths of this nation? Is it that our education is crappy or our youths are downright dull? Many couldn't even comprehend his subtle messages and we are the future of tomorrow?
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by unmask: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2016
x12345678x:
After reading some of d comments on this I rilly scared for this country and d kinda graduates we churn out each year. Any of u heard of #sarcasm chai
asin it's freaking scary reading what people are writing......worst are those asking if he is being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by unmask: 12:39am On Dec 15, 2016
Adiwana:
I honestly see where his coming from but Someone's wages peanuts?I swear this man is a big fool&problem personally,I can never buy a ticket to this man's show.Body geroans should boycott this fools show,let's see what makes up peanuts angry
please don't buy any ticket to his show.....you definitely won't understand anything that happens there.......however if papa ajasco and co happens to pass by, do indulge yourself that would be right up your alley

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by unmask: 12:42am On Dec 15, 2016
RosaConsidine:
C'mon! If you missed the sarcasm in Ali Baba's post then you don't deserve to call yourself a graduate of anything higher than primary school.
make that nursery...a pry school graduate would know sarcasm
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by Scholarforever: 12:45am On Dec 15, 2016
x12345678x:
In fact that I am shocked at people's comments is an understatement. So if d write-up were to be an exam and a question says "In one sentence describe d writer's attitude to d treatment meted out to d Falcons" most nairalanders would fail d question if these comments are anything to go by. Alibaba no qualms your sarcasm is well understood.by those of us that went to school for d right reasons

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by modsRbastard: 12:48am On Dec 15, 2016
room089:
See wetin MMM freezing of people's account cause?

It didn't only freeze their account. It froze their brains like liquid Nitrogen.

I swear on everything good that I only had to read that once to catch the drift... It only took me half way through the read.

I have never been so disappointed in anyone as much as I have tonight with those who couldn't decipher the nerve wrenching sarcasm.

It's simultaneously annoying and painful that this ilk of slow people are regarded as leaders of tomorrow. This explains why our haggard polithiefians won't relinquish power to the youthful generation. Once again, we've let them get another 1up on us.
#IWeep

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Super Falcons' Protest Over Unpaid Allowances by unmask: 12:48am On Dec 15, 2016
pwetie:
People saying he's been sarcastic. dt brings me back to ma initial statement! isn't it completely insane for some one to make a JOKE, outta stuff like this?
how is this a joke.....he sent out a serious message

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Timaya Looks Dapper In Church Outfit / Singer Niniola Stuns In Massive Cleavage-Baring Outfit (photos) / Ronke Oshodi Weeps For Lateef Titilop Itakure At His Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.