Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Her Past Is Too Much For Me - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Past Is Too Much For Me (11273 Views)

Please Nairalanders, Is Her Past Forgivable? / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. / Guys Can U Marry A Lady That Has Done like 2 Abortion In Her Past Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by KennyG6(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
relationship/marriage/virginity are all time-dependent; but i see ur point
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by smooooooth: 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
there are other factors to consider with time, like negligence, etc.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by whitelexi(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Kenny_G:

Likewise I think that formula needs to be a function of time

Correct, and we should also take into consideration, the number of failed attempts to deflower her before marriage. . . See them saying our theory is a failure, no be so einstine and the rest of them start?? grin grin grin
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by ring(m): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
broda go hug transformer, d fact is dat u dont LOVE her,cos if u do u will 4get abt d past an go ahead an marry her.after all its not as if she was cheatin while u guyz were dating.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
whitelexi:

Are u trying to tell me something? tongue

Nope! I just think you should ease it a lil bit. You shouldn't encourage people to lie to you! That's what happens when you get too critical! undecided

smooooooth:

me think u deserve each other. tongue

Okay! But maybe next time you should wait till your opinion is sought! undecided
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by smooooooth: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

Okay! But maybe next time you should wait till your opinion is sought! undecided
/quote]

meant that as a joke, anyway watever
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by No2Atheism(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster

This is exactly the problem I have with issues related to pre-marital sex . . . if you sleep around then its hypocritical to expect that the woman is a virgin.

1. That you were able to sleep with her on the first date is enough evidence for you to realise that something was not right.

2. There is no way you are going to break up with a girl that is not going to hurt.

3. Do you know your HIV status before sleeping with.

4. Do you know whether you have infected her with one disease or another as a result of sleeping with her.

5. Has she tested herself to know her status in terms of HIV.

6. I have nothing against people breaking up with each other once they discover there is no love in the relationship, however the problem is that it pays to leave her the way you met her . . . i.e. if you are not going to stick around, then make sure you do not stick your thing in her.

7. When you are in a relationship with a woman, its not compulsory that you should sleep with her.

Sex is like a covenant
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
No2Atheism:

@poster

This is exactly the problem I have with issues related to pre-marital sex . . . if you sleep around then its hypocritical to expect that the woman is a virgin.

1. That you were able to sleep with her on the first date is enough evidence for you to realise that something was not right.

2. There is no way you are going to break up with a girl that is not going to hurt.

3. Do you know your HIV status before sleeping with.

4. Do you know whether you have infected her with one disease or another as a result of sleeping with her.

5. Has she tested herself to know her status in terms of HIV.

6. I have nothing against people breaking up with each other once they discover there is no love in the relationship, however the problem is that it pays to leave her the way you met her . . . i.e. if you are not going to stick around, then make sure you do not stick your thing in her.

7. When you are in a relationship with a woman, its not compulsory that you should sleep with her.

Sex is like a covenant

So something must be 'wrong' with a girl for sleeping with a guy on their first date undecided
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by OAM4J: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
My point remains, that the poster has been unfair. There is no way it will not hurt, that is why the poster should have done his investigation b4 poking her. For God sake he has just added to the unfair tales of the girl.

Poster, Just tell her the truth; according to the investigation you carried out on her, she has been disqualified. Then manage whatever comes out of the announcement including your conscience
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by platinumnk(f): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
where is megacity the poster??

Come tell us what happened.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Enoyoh: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Guy, you have no option, your reasons are not good enough; you just have to marry that girl.
Dont you have a past? I mean what has her past got to dowith your marrying her? you saw her, invited
her down, slept with her and you even have the guts to mention the number of times you did that. You are
here talking about her past.

I dont blame you.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by No2Atheism(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

So something must be 'wrong' with a girl for sleeping with a guy on their first date undecided

Unfortunately YES . . .

1. In terms of the BIBLE Yes something is wrong.

2. I am a guy hence I am constantly on the look out for body signals and behaviour traits that would help me judge the character of the person in question.

3. As a matter of principle from the perspective of a guy, it does not give a good report of the lady to me, if i find out i am actually able to sleep with her on the first date.

4. Men (including me) love to thrill of chasing after a women . . . hence it does not bode well for her if she opens her legs on the first date.

MOST MEN WOULD NOT TELL YOU THIS CUS THEY ARE AFTER WHATS BETWEEN YOUR LEGS . , HOWEVER THIS IS THE REALITY FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF MEN.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by kellorah: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Poster, I hope u stopped poking her when u realised she had a past.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by chika98: 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
The poster is honest with himself and that ought to be respected. He isn't going ahead to marry her because quite frankly she is not going to enjoy that marriage as he would disrespect her at will because of her past. Go and ask some of the "Karrine Staffens" type women what they go through sometimes. Name calling and likes are the norm for them in "some" cases. He has a right to choose who to settle with. Is it a double standard? Yes it is but so is a lot of things out there in the world.

You lot should give the guy a break! How many of you mouthing off will marry a girl that has been around the block? Or an Ashawo man?
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Hesperus(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
IMO, there is no point being stuck in a relationship you're not sure of. The mere fact that he's even here asking for advice tells enough.

I wont even date a girl I sleep with on the first day, talk more of consider marriage. Even if she has truly changed, that was a big error on her part. She should learn from this when she meets the next guy.

But this poster sef, na wa for you o! You've shagged the essence out of the girl's kitten, now you're asking for advice on how to split! LMFAO!
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
chika98:

The poster is honest with himself and that ought to be respected. He isn't going ahead to marry her because quite frankly she is not going to enjoy that marriage as he would disrespect her at will because of her past. Go and ask some of the "Karrine Staffens" type women what they go through sometimes. Name calling and likes are the norm for them in "some" cases. He has a right to choose who to settle with. Is it a double standard? Yes it is but so is a lot of things out there in the world.

You lot should give the guy a break! How many of you mouthing off will marry a girl that has been around the block? Or an Ashawo man?
This man himself has been around the block too many a time. So is he a used product?
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by chika98: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

This man himself has been around the block too many a time. So is he a used product?

Oh girl common! How many man out there are saints? They all sleep around ( at least for the most part) Then when it is time to settle down they start looking for something serious.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by C2H5OH(f): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
chika98:

Haha finally, someone with an ounce of objective thought! wink
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
chika98:

Oh girl common! How many man out there are saints? They all sleep around ( at least for the most part) Then when it is time to settle down they start looking for something serious.
Girl you are feeding into the double standardness angry angry grin grin
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by na2day2(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2009
chika98:

i am a saint ooo! they call me saint na2day? cool cool cool cool
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by scottN(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2009
Is it not because of her "looseness" that u were able to get acquainted with her? Who knows maybe she is even your type! If u r HAPPY with the relationship and she has said that u should meet her parents, your basis 4 your reservations is baseless. Everybody has a Past!
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by bigrod1: 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
[size=16pt]why do women think dat their past doesnt matter today and in future?
could dat be d reason why they live crazy life and then talk abt the shit`if u love me,then forget my past`.
@ poster,
i had an experience like dat with an ex.immediately i got a little info on her past,all ma respect for her vanished.guy,move on and forget her.

@to those critizing the guy,
how many of u guys will marry such a girl?its easy to reply and say what u like but when u are in a situation,i bet dat u will do worse. its only d guy whose finger is on fire,that feels d pain and not the pple watching.
[/size]
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by OBVIOUS(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
^^^^ yes past matters----- pls only date virgins---- with no past sexual history--- and your life will be perfect. grin grin
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by ring(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2009
@big rod,, nice words,but if u were married 2 her already wat wud u do?call it of,
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by bigrod1: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
[size=16pt]
ring:

@big rod,, nice words,but if u were married 2 her already wat wud u do?call it of,

in this case,he is not already married to her
[/size]
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by megacity: 1:02am On Nov 19, 2009
Apologies for not responding before now to some of the comments and suggestions here. These past few days have been some of my busiest; of course I have to work to earn income to do things like finance my dates, pay for internet subscription to have access to NL and all… I hope you understand.
Thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions so far received. Some have been useful, some insulting, and some useless. Most did not address the main concern – which is how to seamlessly exit the r/ship without leaving a hurt.

@C2H5OH
Thnks for some of the things you said and for defending my cause. But then you accuse me of hypocrisy, and to which I plead not guilty. If I have a dirty past, must I marry someone that has a dirty past too? If u are a dwarf, must u also marry a dwarf, so u can start a generation of dwarfs? If ur target is to marry someone who is cleaner than u, how is that hypocrisy? And if I choose not marry a person who is like me, is that not a choice I ‘m entitled to make?

@Ebonyeyes
u talk about double standards, and yes that is the way it is. Men and women are not exactly the same and the standards will never be exactly the same. Argue it if u like, but this is the truth.

@Na2day
About who I want to leave the left over for. As I was not her 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th, why should I be the one to keep the left over?

@ujujoan
U talk about second chance to make amends. In life, sometimes there is no second chance. U are only a virgin once, and once it’s broken, there is no second chance; be sure therefore to give it only to the right person.  U accuse me also of selfishness, and yes this love they talk about is essentially selfish. If not, how come no one falls in love with mad men and women on the streets?

@sisi_kill
Thnks for the complements

@whitelexi
Thnks for the understanding

@Secretz, @ Y Jay
Thnks for ur thoughtfulness

@Jay bee
About looking for excuse not to take the big step; I would have been happy to take the big step, but only if she didn’t have such a past.

@Smooooooth
U say everyone has got a past. And so, everyone must take responsibility for the outcome of their past. And so if I quit because of her past, how is it my fault?

@kellorah
U think it’s unfair for a girl to dumped because of her past. So it’s unfair for a girl to dump her past on me.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by megacity: 1:10am On Nov 19, 2009
This r/ship will have end soon. I have gotten used to this woman these past few months, and so I know I‘ll miss her after she has gone. I‘ll miss her company, I‘ll miss her friendship, I‘ll miss those smiles, I‘ll miss her intelligence and brilliance, I‘ll miss her jokes and I ‘m sure I‘ll miss the other one too. But only if she didn’t have such a past! How can I marry a woman that now and again we‘ll run into some man waving at my wife – one of the men she used to romp with? I can’t live with that
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by freecocoa(f): 1:28am On Nov 19, 2009
i belive dat b4 u judge som1 u should look at ursef first,if its in the past y not leave it there?its not like u've not slept with orther girls in d past so why shuld hers be any different?
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by BabyLove14: 3:04am On Nov 19, 2009
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by topup: 5:01am On Nov 19, 2009
megacity:

Apologies for not responding before now to some of the comments and suggestions here. These past few days have been some of my busiest; of course I have to work to earn income to do things like finance my dates, pay for internet subscription to have access to NL and all… I hope you understand.
Thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions so far received. Some have been useful, some insulting, and some useless. Most did not address the main concern – which is how to seamlessly exit the r/ship without leaving a hurt.

@C2H5OH
Thnks for some of the things you said and for defending my cause. But then you accuse me of hypocrisy, and to which I plead not guilty. If I have a dirty past, must I marry someone that has a dirty past too? If u are a dwarf, must u also marry a dwarf, so u can start a generation of dwarfs? If your target is to marry someone who is cleaner than u, how is that hypocrisy? And if I choose not marry a person who is like me, is that not a choice I ‘m entitled to make?
It is hypocrisy because you detest something you make no apologies for being yourself. As in, you see nothing wrong in someone else marrying someone who has a dirtier past than them (e.g. a virgin marrying you), but you just would never 'sink that low'. That's double standards, that's hypocrisy, but with that being said, we are all hypocrites some way or another and of course you can choose to hate the exact thing you are and choose to attain for something the complete opposite to you. It's a free world.

@Ebonyeyes
u talk about double standards, and yes that is the way it is. Men and women are not exactly the same and the standards will never be exactly the same. Argue it if u like, but this is the truth.
Well then if you accept this idea of double standards and unequality between the sexes then you can say goodbye to 50% of the posters (women) who would advice you how to deal with your 'woman-problems'.

@Na2day
About who I want to leave the left over for. As I was not her 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th, why should I be the one to keep the left over?

@ujujoan
U talk about second chance to make amends. In life, sometimes there is no second chance. U are only a virgin once, and once it’s broken, there is no second chance; be sure therefore to give it only to the right person. U accuse me also of selfishness, and yes this love they talk about is essentially selfish. If not, how come no one falls in love with mad men and women on the streets?
You should re-read the part in bold. You seem to lack empathy, take yourself off the high horse you've placed yourself, because you were not born a man out of your own doing. You're right sometimes, there is no second chance, so if you decide to leave your girlfriend and you realise you've made a big mistake, then expect her to never look back.

@Jay bee
About looking for excuse not to take the big step; I would have been happy to take the big step, but only if she didn’t have such a past.
You don't realise it yet, but there is no perfect woman, I believe you probably didn't really want to commit to her, I mean the relationship was founded on you finding her physcially attractive, talking to her on a bus and sleeping with her soon after. It could have been established on a weak bond, so it's readily broken by excuses like the one you've described. I mean some people have such strong relationship that they would still honour their girlfriend/boyfriend even if they found out that the person contracted a deadily disease.

@Smooooooth
U say everyone has got a past. And so, everyone must take responsibility for the outcome of their past. And so if I quit because of her past, how is it my fault?
I think it's good for you to quit. Some people learn some lessons from their mistakes, maybe meeting you and allowing you to become someone special in her life was her mistake, maybe now she can learn from it and move onto another guy who will value whatever qualities she may have and respect the woman she has become and not the gossip from her past.

@kellorah
U think it’s unfair for a girl to dumped because of her past. So it’s unfair for a girl to dump her past on me.
She didn't dump her past on you. You're making it seem like she did something wrong, like she actually carried out an action on you, when in fact you went and snooped for info and dirt about her (stuff you could have asked her - shows how trusting you are in a relationship).

Sounds to me that you are someone who doesn't believe in equality, in the slightest, you seem to think women are stupid and naive and like little toys you can play with and swap when you don't like the outcome or you get bored. Like collectors cards, you felt yours was dirty and used, and suddenly got the urge to get rid of it, and find a new one. . It was only until she decided it was time to introduce you to her parents that you started thinking of a future together!??! I mean how disrespectful, you were probably just looking for a reason to lose her, since you'd had your fill of sex. You probably didn't really love her, you probably just enjoyed the freebies that came with the relationship.
It would just be a good thing for you to reflect how you approach women and really check your intentions, it is not unwise to ask about questions that concern you during a relationship.

In terms of breaking the relationship without hurt, that's not possible unfortunately. She definitely sees your relationship as being serious and is possibly considering marirage, so her feelings are pretty much tied into this. You won't be able to explain to her, properly why you have chosen to leave her, because it isn't a sincere reason. So just get it over and done with, it's obvious you've already moved on emotionally (if there were any emotions there to begin with).

She'll be hurt, and you should give her her space, she needs to heal and then find someone who will cherish her.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by question(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2009
megacity:

1. You did not ask NL how to toast her in that motor park ten months ago.
2. You did not ask NL how in your own words = " the first day of her visit ended in bed, and after several rounds of …, we slept; she ended up spending four days on that occasion.".
3. You did not ask NL how to do your background investigation and checks on her past.

NOW YOU WANT NL ADVICE YOU ON HOW TO DUMP HER?.

My advice is follow your heart as usual.
If you dump her, for sure you will hurt the poor girl. It will break her heart.
May she not swear for you or cause you. Cos her cause may be very damaging to your future.
It will take God to reverse such kind of causes.
Best of Luck.
Next time be careful with relationships,  Dont go around breaking young girls' heart.
Re: Her Past Is Too Much For Me by question(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2009
megacity:

This r/ship will have end soon. I have gotten used to this woman these past few months, and so I know I‘ll miss her after she has gone. I‘ll miss her company, I‘ll miss her friendship, I‘ll miss those smiles, I‘ll miss her intelligence and brilliance, I‘ll miss her jokes and I ‘m sure I‘ll miss the other one too. But only if she didn’t have such a past! How can I marry a woman that now and again we‘ll run into some man waving at my wife – one of the men she used to romp with? I can’t live with that
You never know the value of what you have until you lose it or thrash it.
You have unofficially been maried to her for the past 10 months, Now you want to unofficially divorce her.
Well, its up to you to take decision and action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos +18 ( Raw Porn Cum And Lesbian Cum Ever Taken In History Of Man) / I Just Realized Something New About Nairaland / Why Is It That Nigerian Ladies Don't Squirt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.