Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup (34297 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Sent Me A Breakup Message Because Of Her Mum_pic / Were You Happy After Been Dis Virgined? / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
fajani:
there is.

Ok. grin

Mirage is what you see bro. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
what is funny? undecided

Everything
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
omooba969:

Everything
so you find a break up funny? , that's a first
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by fajani(m): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
omooba969:

Ok. grin

Mirage is what you see bro. cheesy
whatever
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by dyabman(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
NairalandDSS:
It is common to fail in relationships. There is nothing wrong in failing. It is important to learn from your mistakes in order to move further in your life.But at the same time, it is good to realise why we fail in relationships. When you look back, if you see any corrections to be made to your behaviour, go ahead and do so. This will help you avoid future relationship failures.Pain, hurt and depression are common reactions after a breakup. But soon after that small stage is over, it is better to rejoice.Here are some reasons why to be happy after a breakup.

Reasons why to be happy after a breakup are:

1.You Can Start Life Afresh: Remember that a breakup is a good chance to start everything again from scratch with a new person. This means that you can commit less mistakes this time as you have some experience.

2.You Can Learn From Your Mistakes: Treat it as an opportunity to learn what you have done wrong. In your future relationship, ensure that you don’t repeat mistakes.

3.You Can Do Well In Your New Relationship: Relationship experts say that those who generally have experience from past relationships tend to do well in future relationships as they tend to be more careful.

4.You Will Become Stronger: After you overcome the pain of a breakup and loneliness, you tend to be stronger. This will help you deal with many other ups and downs of life.

5.You Can Make Better Choices: The chances of making wrong choices will greatly reduce after a failed relationship. You tend to tread carefully after a miserable experience.

6.You Will Never Get Carried Away: Even if you come across the most attractive partner who promises the heaven to woo you, you won’t get carried away easily.

7.You Will Learn To Change Or Adapt: This is a very important quality to learn. We all must learn to be flexible to others around us and failed relationships teach us such qualities.

8.You Will Be Grounded: Some relationship failures tend to ground us a bit. Flying in clouds isn’t healthy. Dreaming of ideal relationships isn’t realistic. So, staying grounded is better.

These are the reasons to be happy after a breakup.

mynd44 lalasticlala

You say ?

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Chukazu: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
one thing is certain! "time heals every wound "

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
so you find a break up funny? , that's a first

When you get to the place where you realise that you don't have to lose sleep over such frivolities, then it becomes FUNNY! grin
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by uzolexis(f): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
the breakup from my 1st relationship was the only one that really affected me, took me so long to get over him but I got a rebound immediately after to ease the pain and broke up with the guy after I felt better, ever since then I have become so hardened, break ups are not a big deal anymore, I do it without looking back......it's not a good thing I know but I never want to feel the way I felt after I ended my 1st relationship, it was really bad cry cry
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
omooba969:

When you get to the place where you realise that you don't have to lose sleep over such frivolities, then it becomes FUNNY! grin
matters of the heart can never be frivolous, the truth is except you never liked the person, a break up will still shake up your emotions even if your heart is ice cold
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by purem(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
MuyiRano:
My nigga really love dis girl bt she broke up wt him in 2014-15... My friend was heartbroken but he moved on. He gat himself another chic earlier dis year and dey're still rolling 2geda. But what baffles me dis former girl has been disturbing my nigga dey com back 2geda & start rolling again. She even confronted him in d presence of dis new babe telling him dey should start from where dey left it cos her bf dey deny her d care,, time & affection my guy dey give her b4 ...Imagine, what nonsense!

Even a girl dat told me she's no longer interested in dat care & affection I showered her some years back has been the one doing the calling now, even when i don't think I've called her up to 5 times dis year, stylishly wanting to come back. But I've already moved on... I pick her call now anytime I feel like. She think my life dey revolve around her fine face?
Some girls/ladies are just confused

Ano geh ya point

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by NanciaKay(f): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Its not easy ooo op. Cuz even after 1yr and seven months of breakup with my ex, I still haven't fell for anyone yet. and I think of him almost every time. Its not easy please. especially when u both shared lots of beautiful moments together, and you truly loved him/her.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
olunmba:
The post is for American....not for Nigerian...!! Am suffering from 3years broken relationship

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
AntiWailer:
he easy ?

you spend the good part of ur life with a basttard and they walk away and you think bullet points can help you heal ?

My dear Op, iz like your head iz paining you.
woah.
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by princetom1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
DavidEsq:

Cos u wld be too clingy, desperate to get over the pain with a wrong approach, so u won't c or notice the newbie's peculiarities dat u may not be ok with. That's how Vol II or ur disaster starts. But again, u might just meet a cool one who wld be the best tin dat happened to u.

Again, the cool ones are rare, everybody just wanna take advantage of u whether u are female or male
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
NanciaKay:
Its not easy ooo op. Cuz even after 1yr and seven months of breakup with my ex, I still haven't fell for anyone yet. and I think of him almost every time. Its not easy please. especially when u both shared lots of beautiful moments together, and you truly loved him/her.

Pick up the pieces & move on. cool

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by purem(m): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dis post no make sense

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by HolyTitus(m): 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ask4Info:
I will be very HONEST to you, Break ups are ONLY pleasant when you are still young, naive and with less pressure.

Believe me, for both Men and Women Break-Ups are no longer funny or something to just conclude from age 28years and above.

Sitting here under my chilling A/C while scrolling between tv stations with my take away Fries, Chicken and chilled Bottle of Pepsi and guess what? (for no particular reason) the thoughts of my exes popped up. I started to think of what i could have done to have made some of those relationships work.

I allowed some of the most loving people who loved me to the end of the world and back slip away. Maybe some because of youthful exhuberance, ego and fear of uncertainty. But in all, i have realized i made very terrible mistakes. Unfortunately, even if i have the opportunity to turn back this hands of time as R.Kelly sang, only this time i will be with either a divorcee, widow, or women with child or children. They are No longer the same.

My advice to the youths even though i know they won't listen: Look for True love while you are still young and struggling because the older and richer you get all that will come your way are opportunist and marriages of convinience or benefits.

Don't worry, if you don't understand what i wrote above, you will in some years from now.
BIG UPS bro.. I'm with you in the realm
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
matters of the heart can never be frivolous, the truth is except you never liked the person, a break up will still shake up your emotions even if your heart is ice cold

@bolded,

That's the WORD baby cheesy, you HEART, guard it jealously. cool
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

That's the WORD baby cheesy, you HEART, guard it jealously. cool
like i said, except you never really liked the person, you must feel their absence
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by solid3(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ask4Info:
I will be very HONEST to you, Break ups are ONLY pleasant when you are still young, naive and with less pressure.

Believe me, for both Men and Women Break-Ups are no longer funny or something to just conclude from age 28years and above.

Sitting here under my chilling A/C while scrolling between tv stations with my take away Fries, Chicken and chilled Bottle of Pepsi and guess what? (for no particular reason) the thoughts of my exes popped up. I started to think of what i could have done to have made some of those relationships work.

I allowed some of the most loving people who loved me to the end of the world and back slip away. Maybe some because of youthful exhuberance, ego and fear of uncertainty. But in all, i have realized i made very terrible mistakes. Unfortunately, even if i have the opportunity to turn back this hands of time as R.Kelly sang, only this time i will be with either a divorcee, widow, or women with child or children. They are No longer the same.

My advice to the youths even though i know they won't listen: Look for True love while you are still young and struggling because the older and richer you get all that will come your way are opportunist and marriages of convinience or benefits.

Don't worry, if you don't understand what i wrote above, you will in some years from now.

Guy whats your age bracket?
a) 28-30
b) 31-34
c) 35-37
d) 38-40
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by samdeyking01(m): 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
Senorprinz:

i feel your pain bro, having feelings for someone without it being reciprocated is heartbreaking, you just need to be more open-minded towards other girls(eggs and baskets), avoid things that'll remind you of her and next time try to be sure of a girls feelings towards you before you go full throttle on her, it's not gonna be easy, but time heals all wounds, i hope it heals ours too.

Thanks bruh
Time of cus will heal my wounds.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Stallione(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Twaci:
It's not easy you know, easier said than done.
If i loose someone like u,its better i commit suicide
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by iAlvini(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
uzolexis:
the breakup from my 1st relationship was the only one that really affected me, took me so long to get over him but I got a rebound immediately after to ease the pain and broke up with the guy after I felt better, ever since then I have become so hardened, break ups are not a big deal anymore, I do it without looking back....it's not a good thing I know but I never want to feel the way I felt after I ended my 1st relationship, it was really bad cry cry

@bolded,

You are the surest & badest chick grin

Nice 1 there girly. cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by samdeyking01(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
DavidEsq:

U are on the right track bro I Believe relationships shld be about effective and interesting communication, which involves sharing quality time, appreciating each oda and the likes. So bro, u are fetching water in a basket; the result? U wld be drained of ur emotions. Preserve ur hrt with due care.

Thank u
U have no idea how helpful dis is to me
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
like i said, except you never really liked the person, you must feel their absence

When you begin to go into relationships knowing that love's not enough to hold things together, then you will get my drift.

Have fun sweetheart. wink
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by princetom1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
uzolexis:
the breakup from my 1st relationship was the only one that really affected me, took me so long to get over him but I got a rebound immediately after to ease the pain and broke up with the guy after I felt better, ever since then I have become so hardened, break ups are not a big deal anymore, I do it without looking back......it's not a good thing I know but I never want to feel the way I felt after I ended my 1st relationship, it was really bad cry cry

U are still in d shadow of ur first relationship, one point that characterizes moving on, is, falling again and being happy. I bet u are afraid and all up till now. U need to feel that way again, that's d only way, all this hard woman feeling is crap, its being heartless. Same thing u are afraid of, u doing it to someone else, well, i don't blame u. U need to jam a guy like me, who will sweep u off ur feet no matter how strong u try to act, besides, wasn't d love sweet? I bet it was
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by stubbornman(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
samdeyking01:
I don't understand number eight.

cry undecided

I need advise on this.
Well have been single
There's a girl I like bn course mate, it took me three month to keen on her, asking her out, this girl don't call nor chat with me nor hangout with me, all i get hugs wink

Well I decide to just end the chase bcus I don't see a purpose of chasing someone who doesn't care about me, I mean my last relationship I was d one doing all the calling, caring and loving. It was boring as hell. Until I end it and find my purpose for my life.

The thing is, am trying to get over her, thou is hard but am fighting it and I know I will win cos am strong.

But I want to be sure am not doing right thing. Can anyone advise me?
Ogbeni you're on the right track ....leave the bitch and move on ....how dem go dey hug you every time you be Santa Claus if you didn't fvck her leh her go....but if you still got the chance to Bang her...crack the heavens on her then
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
omooba969:

When you begin to go into relationships knowing that love's not enough to hold things together, then you will get my drift.

Have fun sweetheart. wink
oh I quite get your drift, but I have carefully avoided using the word love and used like instead, so i know exactly what you mean ,and I also know what I mean too, have fun too honeypie grin
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by crystar: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Twaci:
It's not easy you know, easier said than done.
You are on point @Twaci. You just said my mind aloud.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by Senorprinz(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
what is funny? undecided
sad HA FA
Re: Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup by omooba969(m): 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
oh I quite get your drift, but I have carefully avoided using the word love and used like instead, so i know exactly what you mean ,and I also know what I mean too, have fun too honeypie grin

So who left the other, wetin happen gan gan?

You care to share?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 10 Habits That Keep Marriages Strong / My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. / How Do I Handle This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.