Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60704 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Please point out the lie abeg.... Countries with significant atheist population have less crime and murder rates than the Christian or Muslim ones so it's not God's law that's working for them.
Please, rephrase your question to be clear and while doing that u could answer my questions. Thank you

Starting from the bottom Felixomor has already answered you regarding that.

Now to the main issue. Why would you think the human law is now a proper guide when even the human law givers still steal and kill and go against the very law they put up? If they gave the law on what foundation was the law given? Was it on no moral values or based on randomness or trial and error basis?

If the human law giver gave the law who gave them the fact that the law was right or wrong and how did they arrive at this right or wrong position since even they also break the same laws they put out?

If the human law is now our stop then why do people still have the desire to commit crimes even in the face of the law? Is it that the human law cannot stop the inherent evil nature in man?

Think carefully before you respond. And please do not goalshift to atheist countries comparison because i have given an envelope analysis

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

The two year olds too were guilty of disobedience and idol worship... Hmmm

Yes.
By the principles that existed then.

Next.
Besides, God has created billions of lives since then.
He is the almighty
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

U r the one making such conclusion without reading the bible.
In the olden days, if u sinned, u r punished.
Simple

So i dont know what the big deal is?
Really
But the babies and children didn't sin now... Did they??
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

So Jesus allowed killing before. Was it right when he allowed it

Of course,. God is righteousness Himself
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

But the babies and children didn't sin now... Did they??

Yes.
They did

By reason of the principles that applied then
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

What God did is not genocide, as u claim.
He simply punished his creation for disobedience and idol worship.
Just as a judge would sentence criminals.

Simple.
You keep making instances that doesn't make sense!

Judges are men. God cannot, should not, and by the very implication of its meaning, it shouldn't make anything that he would destroy later, because it is suposed to be perfect.

You dig my angle?

Stop trying to present societal or human instances to explain a Godly action.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Good one.

But if I were Yahweh, I will be all-knowing, perfect, and wise enough to remove cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies and ants from the lives of men who I'm suppose to love unconditionally.
I wouldn't command genocides, murders, sacrifices of men.

Why would I allow people to kill others while I watch?

You already know cockroaches are destuctive and so are flies and ants but they are helpful to nature so which is the bigger evil since you as God already know these things, why would you still go ahead and kill them and develop chemicals to eradicate them without any remorse towards them?

You see others killing them and it does not pinch you. In fact you encourage even Children to stomp on roaches and you laugh over it? Is it that you you feel they have no emotions? You watch them being killed as well so what did you do to stop it?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Oh... So the life of the children killed before Jesus blood was shed was worthless...
Funny Christians, God killed millions of children, he stopped killing children, then he's a good god...

God is goodness Himself.
Nothing is good without Him.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:54am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
You keep making instances that doesn't make sense!

Judges are men. God cannot, should not, and by the very implication of its meaning, it shouldn't make anything that he would destroy later, because it is suposed to be perfect.

You dig my angle?

Stop trying to present societal or human instances to explain a Godly action.

Please check the bible.
One of the names of God is "Judge"

Next!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Yes.
By the principles that existed then.

Next.
Besides, God has created billions of lives since then.
He is the almighty
OMG... babies were guilty of idol worshipping. Babies that can't even think?? ... Christians are the best...

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

OMG... babies were guilty of idol worshipping. Babies that can't even think?? ... Christians are the best...

I told u by the principles then, sins were transferred.
Stop running around one spot

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Of course,. God is righteousness Himself
So killing was good.... Now, I know the type of person am arguing with... Killing of babies and children is good... That's what I needed to hear
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

So killing was good.... Now, I know the type of person am arguing with... Killing of babies and children is good... That's what I needed to hear

Yes it was by the law before Jesus came
As for us, we were born after Jesus came.

So, Next
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2016
Randomperson can you answer my question pls.

Let me post it again here

Now to the main issue. Why would you think the human law is now a proper guide when even the human law givers still steal and kill and go against the very law they put up? If they gave the law on what foundation was the law given? Was it on no moral values or based on randomness or trial and error basis?

If the human law giver gave the law who gave them the fact that the law was right or wrong and how did they arrive at this right or wrong position since even they also break the same laws they put out?

If the human law is now our stop then why do people still have the desire to commit crimes even in the face of the law? Is it that the human law cannot stop the inherent evil nature in man?

Think carefully before you respond. And please do not goalshift to atheist countries comparison because i have given an envelope analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You already know cockroaches are destuctive and so are flies and ants but they are helpful to nature so which is the bigger evil since you as God already know these things, why would you still go ahead and kill them and develop chemicals to eradicate them without any remorse towards them?

You see others killing them and it does not pinch you. In fact you encourage even Children to stomp on roaches and you laugh over it? Is it that you you feel they have no emotions? You watch them being killed as well so what did you do to stop it?
whenever I kill any insect that disturbs my life. I keep wondering why christians think there is a perfect intelligent creator somewhere, who somehow couldn't manage to create a world without mosquitoes that has caused the death of millions.

I don't stop shit I didn't create!

If I'm God, bro, i'll be perfection.

So, your instances still beg the questions of the nature of your God who happens to kill "cockroaches" for a living.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Please check the bible.
One of the names of God is "Judge"

Next!
How convenient.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

I told u by the principles then, sins were transferred.
Stop running around one spot
Yes... By your god's principle... Any god that can make a principle where children get killed is a sick bastaard. Any body who believes and worships that kind of God is terrorist at heart
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Yes... By your god's principle... Any god that can make a principle where children get killed is a sick bastaard. Any body who believes and worships that kind of God is terrorist at heart

He is the same God that sent Jesus for all mankind,

So u have no point.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
How convenient.

Next
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
whenever I kill any insect that disturbs my life. I keep wondering why christians think there is a perfect intelligent creator somewhere, who somehow couldn't manage to create a world without mosquitoes that has caused the death of millions.

So, your instances still beg the questions of the nature of your God who happens to kill "cockroaches" for a living.

Okay so some insects disturb your life and you feel killing them is the best option and you feel good after that. Do you feel these insects have no emotions of their own?

I thought Atheists claim to be scientific in nature and extremely logical.

I will list out the 4 insects i mentioned and leave some blank spaces after them and i expect that when you respond to this question you would fill in the positive roles these insects play in nature which helps KEEP YOU ALIVE.....Put your logical mind to work

FLIES

COCKROACHES

ANTS

MOSQUITOES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Okay so some insects disturb your life and you feel killing them is the best option and you feel good after that. Do you feel these insects have no emotions of their own?

I thought Atheists claim to be scientific in nature and extremely logical.

I will list out the 4 insects i mentioned and leave some blank spaces after them and i expect that when you respond to this question you would fill in the positive roles these insects play in nature which helps KEEP YOU ALIVE.....Put your logical mind to work

FLIES

COCKROACHES

ANTS

MOSQUITOES
Oh, good.

...I keep wondering why christians think there is a perfect intelligent creator somewhere, who somehow couldn't manage to create a world without mosquitoes that has caused the death of millions.

You missed the other part.

Why do believe in a God that kills people the way I kill cocraches?

Can you make sense of that?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Oh, good.

Lets take this one after the other as your answer would automatically offer you an answer to the question you asked me. So put your atheistic logical mind to work ad fill in the blanks pronto

DO NOT DEVIATE OR THROW RED HERRINGS. SIMPLY FILL IN THE BLANKS
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Oh, good.

So u r also guilty of genocide against cockroaches?
because they are small abi?

Wow
This is interesting. grin
And u have audacity to point fingers abi?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Jesus said HE CAME NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW BUT TO FULFIL IT. I think even you should understand english. He fulfilled all of the law so everythig attached to the law stopped in Christ the moment he said IT IS FINISHED...In other words THE LAW IS FINISHED.

I won't argue back and forth on theology. So Jesus knew the law was that he had to change it? Where then is the all knowing attribute ascribed to him as God?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

I won't argue back and forth on theology. So Jesus knew the law was that he had to change it? Where then is the all knowing attribute ascribed to him as God?

All knowing doesnt mean All doing what u think.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Lets take this one after the other as your answer would automatically offer you an answer to the question you asked me. So put your atheistic logical mind to work ad fill in the blanks pronto

DO NOT DEVIATE OR THROW RED HERRINGS. SIMPLY FILL IN THE BLANKS
Nope.

We started off trying to make sense of your God being a serial killer.

I have admitted to mass murder of insects. Imperfect me...

Why do your perfect God command or allow genocide?

Why don't you try to make sense of Yahweh's perfection after killing people?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

What God did is not genocide, as u claim.
He simply punished his creation for disobedience and idol worship.
Just as a judge would sentence criminals.

Simple.

Same way that what Allah's foot soldiers are doing is not a criminal offence. They are carrying out Allah's injunction as punishment for disobedience against you people.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Randomperson can you answer my question pls.

Let me post it again here

The human law is a proper guide. It's not perfect but it's better than anything god supposedly gave us.
U don't seem to understand government. The human law givers are the citizens themselves. Check the Nigerian and US constitution, the preamble says "we, the people." The legislators are merely representatives and we can reject any law we don't like. So u got that part wrong.
And humans arrive at what is wrong or right through reason and instinct. I know u believe God gave this laws but that's wrong. The bible doesn't prohibit slavery or paedophilia but there are laws against it. If we waited on god to determine right or wrong, drugs abuse won't be wrong. So, no god doesn't tell us what's right or wrong.
And human laws are the best we have. That people still have desire to commit crimes is no issue. Even with your law and grace hullabaloo, Christians as still as terrible as others. They commit as many crimes as others. In fact, u won't like this but atheists have the lowest tendency for crimes... Human laws are still more effective than God's laws or grace..
Now for the umpteenth time, answer my questions
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

All knowing doesnt mean All doing what u think.

Give me an example of all knowing that isn't what I think.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

So u r also guilty of genocide against cockroaches?
because they are small abi?

Wow
This is interesting. grin
And u have audacity to point fingers abi?
Yes, I do have the audacity.

Now explain how a God, who is suppose to be perfect, would kill many human, who you say he loves.

Try to make sense please.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Jesus did not change the law. He fulfiled it in himself. Surely this is ot hard to understand. By fulfilling the law he removed the weight of Sin which the law brought as its writen "The law gave us the awareness of Sin" WHERE THERE IS NO LAW THERE IS NO SIN. So he simply removed the weight of sin BY BECOMING THE SIN OFFERING AND TAKING UPON HIMSELF THE SINS OF THE WORLD.

He now in turn gave us only 2 positions founded ON LOVE.

Love the lord your god with everything in you and Love your neighbour as yourself which brought us FULL CIRCLE to the very LOVE NATURE of God as GOD IS LOVE.

Jesus came to give us the VERY NATURE OF GOD which must be triggered by Love and not just any Love, it has to be the same quality of Love God Himself is which is why WE NEED JESUS TO BE ABLE TO SPRING IT FORTH.

NO JESUS, NO TRUE LOVE....NO GOOD WITHOUT GOD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Yes, I do have the audacity.

Now explain how a God, who is suppose to be perfect, would kill many human souls, who you say he loves.

Try to make sense please.

But answer first, u r guilty of genocide?
Yes or No?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.