Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60921 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

U just posted somebody's opinion.

Need i say more.

Please post official facts.

The writeup contains official facts.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[s][/s]

Nonsense! I already answered these earlier. You simply wish to argue blindly. All these your rehashed arguments day in day out even after they have been thoroughly trashed, binned, shredded and burnt.

Your answers as to an all knowing God repenting of his evil deeds as written inside the bible is WHAT? Where did you answer it?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Which wicked ways? Are you are better person than any atheist here? You that have been caught lying many many times on this board. Does your action here portray you as a better person than anybody here? Wicked ways indeed. grin

I was waiting for when you would bring that up! grin grin grin

When you have nothing else to say you resort to ad hominems

FYI even your co atheist lepasaron has recanted her words....You are the only one known to rant LIAR LIAR everywhere on NL for no justifiable reason besides one you create in your head. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2016
I love this bromance. smiley

Are there any other Nairalander who will explain why God commanded the killing of people?

And further buttress how a perfect, and loving God ended up with the full-time job of killing his most precious creation?

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

^
I love this bromance. smiley

Are there any other Nairalander who will explain why God commanded the killing of people?

And further buttress how a perfect, and loving God ended up with the full-time job of killing his most precious creation?

None can help your little mind until you allow your mind to come to the level it belongs which is why i gave you a simple assignment. Bring your mind down to its true level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I was waiting for when you would bring that up! grin grin grin

When you have nothing else to say you resort to ad hominems

FYI even your co atheist lepasaron has recanted her words....You are the only one known to rant LIAR LIAR everywhere on NL for no justifiable reason besides one you create in your head. cheesy

You have started again with your lies. It seems lies flow very easily from you. She did NOT recant her words. She only said she remember you post the pictures of your son on another thread and you also said you mum was from.Ukraine. Even at that she expressed skepticism because she said it's difficult to believe anything you said. Show.me where she recanted her words and said you are not a liar or that you have no allegations against you. Show me.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

You have started again with your lies. It seems lies flow very easily from you. She did NOT recant her words. She only said she remember you post the pictures of your son on another thread and you also said you mum was from.Ukraine. Even at that she expressed skepticism because she said it's difficult to believe anything you said. Show.me where she recanted her words and said you are not a liar or that you have no allegations against you. Show me.

Please focus on this thread. Goal shifting is something you a known for. You can open a thread to discuss her comment. Do not derail ebukas lovely thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

None can help your little mind until you allow your mind to come to the level it belongs which is why i gave you a simple assignment. Bring your mind down to its true level.
With your shameful display here.
Do you even think you are in any position to give me any assignments?

I'm only engaging you to expose the absurdities of the Christian doctrines. And you've done a good job helping me to prove that.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Please focus on this thread. Goal shifting is something you a known for. You can open a thread to discuss her comment. Do not derail ebukas lovely thread.

You started the goal shifting.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho When you are truly ready for knowledge you can answer my question and fill in the blanks.

Dalaman This thread has a strict NO GOALPOST SHIFTING rule.

To the first guy mention me when you are ready to learn

Bank dey call me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
With your shameful display here.
Do you even think you are in any position to give me any assignments?

I'm only engaging you to expose the absurdities of the Christian doctrines. And you've done a good job helping me to prove that.

Thank you.

You are not exposing anything. How can you when you have been typing rubbish everywhere? I want to give you proper tools to use to expose this rubbish you wish and you are dodging.

How logical are you really?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2016
The title of this thread still remains the same NLers.

Did God(all-knowing, omnipotent, perfect) command genocide in the bible?

Who can make sense of this?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
ScepticalPyrrho When you are truly ready for knowledge you can answer my question and fill in the blanks.

Dalaman This thread has a strict NO GOALPOST SHIFTING rule.

To the first guy mention me when you are ready to learn

Bank dey call me

The empty vessels make the loudest noise as always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

The empty vessels make the loudest noise as always.
These guys are mediocres.

The topic is clearly and boldly written.

They now rely on being the first to accuse others of goal-shifting as the new method to deflect reasonable question.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by noillebnoj(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Your answers as to an all knowing God repenting of his evil deeds as written inside the bible is WHAT? Where did you answer it?
don't mind NL apologists
Just saying nonsense
When god found out the Israelites were worshipping a golden calf he wanted to
destroy them completely but noses pleaded and he changed his mind
He also asked Adam if he ate the fruit and why he was hiding from him
This is a supposed all knowing being huh
These dudes ain't serious
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by niyihawking(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2016
God(myself) watching y'all in 5D grin
by the way, where's Ebuka
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2016
noillebnoj:
don't mind NL apologists
Just saying nonsense

The bible has God repenting and apologizing for the evil which he committed against the people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by niyihawking(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

The bible has God repenting and apologizing for the evil which he committed against the people.

that's not enough, I need doG to apologize to me for wasting my Sundays sitting down in church listening to one delude 'full'.

#godmustapologize
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by benzics(m): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2016
Sh-it.. Came late..

Killing of Egyptian first borns? What did they do?

World-wide flood grin ?? The children and women in the world nko?

Sodom and Gomorrah? The innocents nko?

Many many more...

Is this not the same man that said the killing of infants were a favor, since they are going to heaven? Ode ppl
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2016
The only way out of this Christianity bondage is the willingness to stop deceiving your self with ready-made answers.

I thought Ebuka has finally made a reasonable explanation of the crude massacres attributed to a perfect creator.

What absurdity?!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by benzics(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2016
noillebnoj:
don't mind NL apologists
Just saying nonsense
lol..
Do you even mind these Christians?

If God is all knowing, why does he still create people whom he knows are going to hell, and why does he erase one's name from the "book of life" when one sins, and then rewrite the name when the person repents/ask for forgiveness?? What kind of child's play is that by a supposed "all knowing" being
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:
that's the Canaan story... I've said something similar to what the man in the video said... he was able to point to a book that gave more information about the story..
although many websites tried justifying the killings, this man was smart enough to point to an external source that had more information for him to draw his conclusion.... his explanations make sense to a great extent

as for me... I've not read the book he made reference to... and i wasn't still there...

so i guess i still don't have enough information to draw conclusions

Exactly !

The Canaanites were wicked people who committed despicable acts against humanity . And God gave 400 years to change , 400 years . shocked shocked

And like I said earlier , the same God also made Israel vulnerable to their enemies who also massacred them as way of imposing his Judgement on them anytime they were errant - they behaved like their pagan neighbors .
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

The Canaanites were wicked people who committed despicable acts against humanity . And God gave 400 years to change , 400 years . shocked shocked

And like I said earlier , the same God also made Israel vulnerable to their enemies who also massacred them as way of imposing his Judgement on them anytime they were errant - they behaved like their pagan neighbors .
And this same God happens to be perfect master planner?

Or is it that he just enjoys creating and destroying?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by blueyedgeek(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

I feel like God in all his glory surely could have found a better way to correct these wicked people rather than commanding them to be wiped off the face of the earth.

400 years is meaningless to God (seeing as he is not bound by time or space) and he is also all knowing and can do all things (frankly, I don't see the point of all the brouhaha of waiting for the Canaanites to change when the change could simply be willed. I mean, he had no problem with hardening Pharoah's heart so not messing with free will is out of the way. )

The Israelites were supposed to be a shining light to the other nations of the world but did they go about it in the best way possible? Why couldn't they show the world a better way to go about doing things rather than pillaging lands and killing children?

Couldn't they have been a force for peace rather than war? Couldn't they have not repayed evil for evil? Couldn't they have showed the other nations of the world the path to the one true God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

What was the crime or offence of the Caannaties according to the bible? Can you please show us the crime of the Caannaties.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Ranchhoddas: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

Kai. What about the people of Jericho? What was their own crime?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Wilgrea7(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

well said. . this explains a lot.... thanks
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Now you are sounding angry.

Go sip on some ice cold water then answer my simple question.

IF THE HUMAN LAW GIVERS STILL BREAK THE VERY LAW THEY GIVE SO WHO THEN SAYS THEIR LAW IS PERFECT OR WHO GAVE THE LAW THEY GAVE THE SEAL OF AUTHORITY AS THE FINAL ARBITER FOR MANKIND?

Those who are tried and convicted still come out and break other laws. So how can laws curb crime when there are so many more to break both knowingly and unknowingly after all the same law says IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE
Who ever said the law is perfect?? I said it's the best we've ever had. Better than anything your god could conjure, either law or grace. Or can u show how law or grace has made the world a better place.
U people will justify genocide when it's committed by god. But when boko haram kill Christians in doing the bidding of their god, u say Islam is a violent religion. Hypocrisy of the highest order
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !

U didnt reply my first comment to you...
Well... Exactly what did the Canaanites do that warranted the killing of not just the adults but the children and animals
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

What was the crime or offence of the Caannaties according to the bible? Can you please show us the crime of the Caannaties.

randomperson:

U didnt reply my first comment to you...
Well... Exactly what did the Canaanites do that warranted the killing of not just the adults but the children and animals

Williams Craig mentioned in the video that the Canaanites were, according to ancient history outside biblical text , morally despicable wicked people . And that their culture was grossly immoral, decadent even to its roots.

The Canaanites practiced divination, witchcraft, female and male temple sex, adultery, homosexuality, transvestitism, pederasty (men sexually abused boys), bestiality and incest.

And if you look at Genesis 19:30 -36 we can see that after Sodom - a Canaanite city - was destroyed by God , daughters of Lot made their own father drunk - this according to history was one of the sexual practices known to the city (incest) which was just annihilated .

The Canaanites also practiced child sacrifice. And according to Lev 18 : 21 God had commanded that the Israelites should never give their children to be sacrificed to Molech .

Here is what Molech looks like :

Molech was a Canaanite underworld deity represented as an upright, bull-headed idol with human body in whose belly a fire was stoked and in whose outstretched arms a child was placed that would be burned to death

And I discovered that it wasn't just infants who were victims of this nauseatingly wicked practice , even toddlers were scarified to Molech . Also note that archaeological evidence proves that the children were burned to death in their thousands . So much wickedness that God now commanded the Israelites to exterminate them after 400 years of reprieve .

And according to Philosophers like Paul Copan all the archaeological evidence available indicates that there were no civilian populations that existed at Jericho, Ai, and other cities mentioned in the book of Joshua .

Philosopher Paul Copan also explained that :

“Joshua’s conventional warfare rhetoric was common in many other ancient Near Eastern military accounts in the second and first millennia B.C.” Therefore, phrases like “utterly destroy” (haram), or “put to death men and women, children, and infants”—as well as other “obliteration language”—were stock “stereotypical” idioms used even when women or children were not present. It decreed total victory (much like your favorite sports team “wiping out” the opposition), not complete annihilation.

So William Craig was right .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

You are justifying the killing of human life including that of babies and you are still asking if others care about human life. grin. You are a joke.

U r also guilty of genocide on lower and other animals.

What say you?
Yez/No
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

The writeup contains official facts.

Lol.
Glorious exit......

sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Sinach, Joe Egbu With Pastor Chris At Sharon Oyakhilome's Wedding (Photos) / Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol / Kidnap Of 5 RCCG Pastors: Nigerians Blast Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.