Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? (59117 Views)

My Fiancee Insists We Spend N500k Or Less On Our Wedding But I Want To Spend N1M / 46-Year-Old Sexy Mama Cries Out On Twitter Over Her Real Age. Photos / Lady Discovered Her Boyfriend Of 7 Years Has Been Married For 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by victorazy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:
met her 4yrs ago and wedding is close. got the shocker of my life shez 4yrs older than what she told me. i am considering backing out as a result. coz if she cn do this to me i wonder whatelse she could be hidding. worse part is its her mum who told me. the girl in question has no idea i know. am so shocked.any help on what to do in regatds this latest discovery?
Bros na comon age u dey para?
88% of Nigerian babes don't tell truth about their age, so don't use that against her, besides na her mom told u, so forgive her so that u won't let her mom feel bad.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Blizzy9ja: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
Do you have a problem with d age or d fact dat she lied to you?
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by brightalo17: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
I thought marriage is for better for worse? op you want me to give you an advise that will put asunder No you will never see me.

first check the implications of the lies and what the lady in-question can bring to your life as a wife.age is just a number,your concern should be if she's cheating on you or doing other stupiddd stuffs if she's not then forget age and move on.her lies is not a damaging one,by the way someone in the bible lied just to save the wife.

No quick follow this kids here shouting sack her sack her oooo.
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by goingape: 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

What of your own secrets which you have systematically hidden from her?. The truth is that you weren't open to her and you can't deny this.

In marriage, if you're fake you'll get fake.
look at this one undecided

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Brugo(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
abouzaid:
age matters in terms of fertility, any lady 35years and above is not advised to get pregnant because it would be a high risk pregnancy, any as of this age would need special medical care.

I think you misunderstood me. And yes, you are correct about the medical info. However, I didn't mean to say age is not an issue. I meant that those who said age is just a number when it comes to love are totally missing the point. It is not just because she's older than she claimed. He is disappointed because she led him to believe a lie.

The point is she hid something that could have determined the direction of their relationship long ago. If he knew her age, his decision to date her or not (or even propose) may have been influenced by that simple information.

There are other surprises in store.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by iluvpomo(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
@OP : Run away fast. She has given you her 'football age'. It is not even 4 years ahead as she told you, it could be 10 like Obafemi Martins shocked

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Freestainworld(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
my guy, confront her and let her know the implications of what she's doing but on my own take, if you love her then this should not be a reason to back out. love over cometh all things just like some of our fathers are still enduring some of our mothers silly attitude. you got to be mature in endurance if not my guy you may not contain with some ladies attitude.
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Lexusgs430: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:
met her 4yrs ago and wedding is close. got the shocker of my life shez 4yrs older than what she told me. i am considering backing out as a result. coz if she cn do this to me i wonder whatelse she could be hidding. worse part is its her mum who told me. the girl in question has no idea i know. am so shocked.any help on what to do in regatds this latest discovery?

You want to back out after age discovery? You were happily dating your aunty, and nothing changed before that..........
Age is nothing but a number............ Are you sure you have been 100% sincere in the 4 years of courtship?
Ask her about her age again, if she lies again then you tell her your discovery............

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by thesicilian: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
krauss:
you know, there are things called principle and scruples. This is not just about the age but someone's philosophy about life. That is what many people do not look at before going into marriage. The issue of distrust is also there. You see how this sounds simple. Lets extend it to the same when a woman who has aborted children and damaged her wounds decides to lie about this, goes into marriage and doesn't get pregnant. If the husband finds out, wetin go happen. You might say they are not the same, but let me tell you, I can even do without having kids in marriage given my philos about marriage.
Finally! I thought I was going to go through the whole thread without seeing at least someone who gets the true picture.
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by chiefojiji(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
kee her!!

or

continue with the marriage arrange but make sure you never show up on the wedding day kisskee her!!

or

continue with the marriage arrange but make sure you never show up on the wedding day
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
Age is just a number or were u in love wt her age?
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by herlarho(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
fool! did u love her cos of her age? u dated her for 4 years now u want 2 back off cos u now know her real age. back off and start from square 1. olodo isi

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Crownofwealth(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:
AGE IS JUST A NUMBER.IF U LOVE HER GO AHEAD AND MARRY HER.
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by trulife: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
yes she might have lied but over 4 years u cudnt detect it (though not easy depending on her stature). meaning she has to an extent been good with u for u guys to conclude for marriage. just quietly hear her and if she replies convincingly and u still love her don't take it as an impediment unless her age now is not welcoming at all when u talk about marriage
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

What of your own secrets which you have systematically hidden from her?. The truth is that you weren't open to her and you can't deny this.

In marriage, if you're fake you'll get fake.

what is this one saying undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by akanbiaa(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
Confront her and if she is remorseful and tells you why she lied and you truly love her and you feel she is not too old for you then move on with her, I know what is really bothering you is not really the lie but perhaps her real age means she is older than you now is she?
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by kpolli(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:

Leave her, she has been lying to you for 4 years and I also agree that age might not be the only thing she's lying about.... You can wake up the next day after your wedding and 15 kids move in as hers..... But (there is always a but) if she give you a good reason for lying (up till now) and assure that's the only lie then you can move forward (at your own peril)

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
victorazy:

Bros na comon age u dey para?
88% of Nigerian babe don't tell truth about their age, so don't use that against her, besides na her mom told u, so forgive her so that u won't let her mom feel bad.

I strongly concur, 88% lie about their age & i've been a victim of this like twice now !
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by dyze(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Its not worth it. Just been sincere
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by ngmgeek(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
After roasting that plantain for four years, you want to back out ba?

Do that and even that her mother will know you never loved her. lipsrsealed
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by seguno2: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:

She lied to you on a fundamental issue.
You are not yet married to her.
Even for those married there is divorce since the marriage was wrongfully contracted on false basis.

So you should know what to do without asking further questions and help from strangers.
You should consider your emotional and financial investments as sunk costs.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by jakesbaba: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:

Ladies lie so much & its so annoying. If u're in love with her den go ahead with d marriage but if u'r nt so much in love den show her d exit door.
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by enemyofprogress: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hajahahahahahaha old mama don catch you tongue tongue
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
sammyalways:

More shockers await you after the wedding.

Do not enter a marriage which is a legal contract when one party presents false information to enable the consummation of the contract.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
SexyNairalander:
you discovered her age and now want to back out, am sorry but were you in love with her age or with her just curious

you would have simply confronted her to hear from her. . .I dont support girl and their misbehavior buh you shouldn't judge her cos of that. . .you are the man here think before you take action

am out

There are what you call pointers in a relationship. A very bad degenerative marriage tomorrow can be avoided today if you pay detailed attention to some specific pointers.

Conclusion: Your advice 'asking him to over look it' is not a product of good thinking.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by sunshineV(f): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Love don't care
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Ayibaba1: 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
At the initial stage of relationship,we say things that are not completely honest. But as the relationship becomes serious and tending towards marriage, secrets are no longer permitted. Age is simply a trivial thing no two people in serious relationship should lie about. Whatever her reason(s) for lying, we should not make excuses for her. For me as a matter of principle, the wedding is off except she gives me a genuine reason I should trust her again.
Trust is the most important thing in marriage and not LOVE! And trust has nothing to do with love.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by lilyheaven: 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
grin
krauss:
which kind theory be this? that sounds harsh
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
easier said than done!!!..once a liar ,always a liar
Hmmm
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by AngelicBeing: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
cool
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by AngelicBeing: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

In marriage, if you're fake you'll get fake
wink
Re: I Discovered Her Real Age 3 Months To Our Wedding What Do I Do? by toogbasky(m): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Na wa 4 Nigerians ooooooo; see as every body dey form love Dr; did u guyz evn read his post; he isn't complainin abt d age but d fact dat d gurl has covered up dat lie since dey met; back to d post; our elders wud always say communication is d key to d success of every relationship; talk to her and hear her response b4 u take dis decision;

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / 'I Curved Him For 4 Years, Dated His Bestfriend & Brother. Had A Baby 4 His Cuz / Swiss Lady Bullied For Being ‘Ugly’ Spends Big On Plastic Surgery To Feel Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.