Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,222 members, 7,867,574 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28770 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 2:07am On Apr 29, 2010
Ichiro,

How long would it take your hopeless club to play another final
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by RuuDie(m): 5:59am On Apr 29, 2010
4 all ye who proclaim JM genius. . . . . ppppllllleeeaaasssee!
The man still has a final 2 play & if he doesn't win it, for all that childish tantrums he threw around the Nou Camp, he berra be wearing a t-shirt that says "The F.cuking Special Retard!"
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2010
Mourinho is a genius.
Haters take a dive.

"It was the sweetest 1-0 defeat of my life but the players out there didn't deserve to lose. We were perfect tactically and defensively.

"We showed great discipline," he added. "We worked very hard to deny them space." . . .JM
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2010
For those who havent seen or followed footie for long would claim Mourinho is the best thing they have seen, Fair enough.

Mourinho himself acknowledges that LvGaal is the supreme master
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2010
For those who havent seen or followed footie for long would claim Mourinho is the best thing they have seen, Fair enough

So na you don follow football pass! GoatCrants always think they know more than others. To the extent they think they can dispute the obvious. No wonder you said:

Still waiting for the touch of genius from Jose tonight. Chelsea has dominated him so far

When the whole world saw it that inter were better than Chelsea in both legs

Now you are GoatCranting when everybody is saying:

Mourinho is the best tactician around, he showed to other teams how to stop this Barca machine
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2010
GoatCrants make una take number. If you hear your name make you halla "mBeeeeeee"

GoatCrant #1 Dayokanu
GoatCrant #2 Eastbay
GoatCrant #3 Mama-gee

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2010
“It’s all [Jose] Mourinho’s magic. He is a genius. I think there are three coaches who are the best in the world – Fabio Capello, Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink"

Arshavin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Ruudie
Stop drinking hatorade its bad for your body. Whether he wins the final or not his genius cannot be questioned! He is gunning for his third European title and isn't even 50 yet. 4 semi's and 2 finals in 6 complete seasons! Men lie Women lie Numbers don't
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2010
Wahala90:

GoatCrants make una take number. If you hear your name make you halla "mBeeeeeee"

GoatCrant #1 Dayokanu
GoatCrant #2 Eastbay
GoatCrant #3 Mama-gee

Until the final,I won't answer you.Till then, ask your father in the village to halla instead.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2010
Wahala90:

GoatCrant #1     Dayokanu
GoatCrant #2     Eastbay
GoatCrant #3     Mama-gee

Aww dayo has suffered o.
rotflmao!!! grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2010
Indeed, it was Van Gaal and not Mourinho's previous mentor Bobby Robson who allowed the young coach to take charge of training sessions and handle the Catalan media in his place. Van Gaal quipped that he would drive Mourinho to the airport to take his first coaching position!

Mourinho was full of praise for his former boss in a 2005 BBC interview, saying: "Louis was very important for me. With him I developed a very strong relationship as he gave me confidence. He gave me complete control in training sessions and I became, with him, a coach on the pitch."

"He told me to tell the Benfica president (in 2000) that if he wants you to become assistant then you say no. If he wants you to be the manager then I'll take you to the airport and you go," added Mourinho.

"Jose did all the analysis of the players and he did it very good," said Van Gaal in a 2005 interview

Till date Jose still communicates and take matchday tips from Van Gaal

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2010
Master and Student

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by JoeGaruba: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2010
Ever wonder why Real Madrid go through coaches like they are changing boxer shorts? The coaches have not delivered in recent times!

The only reason he gets the accolades is the record he has with his teams. UEFA cup, UCL, EPL x2 , Scudeto, +

Lets not begrudge a man his due respect. If you do something often enough, it becomes a habit. If that habit is winning, then you must be good at it.

I don't like the dude personally but he's worth the Genius status. Geniuses are eccentric anyway.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by RuuDie(m): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2010
A-40:

@Ruudie
Stop drinking hatorade its bad for your body. Whether he wins the final or not his genius cannot be questioned! He is gunning for his third European title and isn't even 50 yet. 4 semi's and 2 finals in 6 complete seasons! Men lie Women lie Numbers don't

Not hating man - The man is good no doubt; he's learnt from some of the very best in the game and is putting it to effective use - but the way i see him, he doesn't have an awful lot in his bag of tricks. . . . . . i cannot see JM as someone who can bring long-term success to any football team. He's like football's mike tyson; take him beyond round-4 and he lacks ideas.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by raffite: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2010
If Mourinho is not a genius, then who is? Naming a coach who you think is a genius and one who is a fluke will help us. We can then use that as a measure.

Wahala90:

GoatCrant #1     Dayokanu
GoatCrant #2     Eastbay
GoatCrant #3     Mama-gee

Na wa. This guy is the "wickedest" nairalander I have seen.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
If Mourinho is not a genius, then who is?

Loius van Gaal
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by slimshay(m): 12:58pm On May 01, 2010
Good lord, Mourinho must be exhausted from all this d!!k riding he is getting here.

The first leg was where he earned his praise with effective counter attcak play. He did fork-all in the second leg. There is nothing Mourinho did in Camp Nou that Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis or Gary Megson couldnt have done.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ritchboy(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2010
Slimshay,
GBAM!!
after Chelsea parked the bus and held Barca to a draw at the Nou Camp last year, Gary Megson had this to say: "When Chelsea do that(park the bus) and get a result, their manager(Guus Hiddink) is labelled a genius. But when we(Bolton) do the same thing against the big four, we are acused of being 'anti-football'."

MINT!!! grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2010
^^ Why did Wenger not do it when he scored first at the Nou Camp?? Mscheww. . Is it easy to make Messi look like Kieran Richardson? In all of una beef you guys should learn to recognize potential greatness when you see one
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 1:30pm On May 01, 2010
A-40:

^^ Why did Wenger not do it when he scored first at the Nou Camp?? Mscheww. . Is it easy to make Messi look like Kieran Richardson? In all of una beef you guys should learn to recognize potential greatness when you see one
As They say, things are easier said than done.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2010
Mourinho played the perfect tactics over the 2 legs and deserves the final
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by RuuDie(m): 6:46am On May 02, 2010
Valeriy Lobanovskyi, Guy Roux, Sir Alex Ferguson, Johann Cruyff, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Giovanni Trappatoni etc. . . . . . ABSOLUTE GENUISES!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On May 02, 2010
List of coaching geniuses won't be complete without Louis van Gaal
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by RuuDie(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2010
dayokanu:

List of coaching geniuses won't be complete without Louis van Gaal

for 1ce i concur with d bloody nazi propagandist grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2010
RuuDie:

Valeriy Lobanovskyi, Guy Roux, Sir Alex Ferguson, Johann Cruyff, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Giovanni Trappatoni etc. . . . . . ABSOLUTE GENUISES!

Add Marcelo Lippi to that list.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by hedoyad(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2010
Goat Crant Roll call grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2010
edoyad is back boys grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 7:25pm On May 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Add Marcelo Lippi to that list.

And Vicente Del Bosque.
I will defly add Hector Cuper to that list. . . . .His brand of football when he was the gaffer in Valencia was the best attacking football i have seen in the history of association Football.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

And Vicente Del Bosque.
I will defly add Hector Cuper to that list. . . . .His brand of football when he was the gaffer in Valencia was the best attacking football i have seen in the history of association Football.
I'll definitely add Del Bosque however I ain't too sure about Cuper.
Sure he played an exciting brand of footy however he wasn't a winner. He developed a habit of loosing finals.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 7:36pm On May 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

I'll definitely add Del Bosque however I ain't too sure about Cuper.
Sure he played an exciting brand of footy however he wasn't a winner. He developed a habit of loosing finals.

He's always managed mediocre teams. . . . .He is not a glory hunter like Mourinho, Van Gaal or Ancellotti.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On May 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

He's always managed mediocre teams. . . . .He is not a glory hunter like Mourinho, Van Gaal or Ancellotti.
That Valencia team was by no means Mediocre.  That was the same team Rafa guided to 2 La Liga Titles and an Uefa Cup title.

I don't see how you can label the likes of Van Gaal and Ancellotti gloryhunters? undecided. I remember how terribly we were doing before Ancelotti took over and changed our fortunes. I don't blame him for leaving Milan tbh.

Even Mourinho, I think he has earned that right after all he did in charge of Porto.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 8:39pm On May 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

That Valencia team was by no means Mediocre.  That was the same team Rafa guided to 2 La Liga Titles and an Uefa Cup title.

The foundation was laid by Hector Cuper. . . .
He took relatively average players and turned em to world beaters.
The way Valencia sodomised Barcelona in the CL tie was synonymous to the way Globetrotters used to murder their opponents.

I don't see how you can label the likes of Van Gaal and Ancellotti gloryhunters? undecided. I remember how terribly we were doing before Ancelotti took over and changed our fortunes. I don't blame him for leaving Milan tbh.

From AC Milan to the free-spending Chelsea.
How isn't that glory-hunting? Why didn't Ancellotti go to Fulham or even Man City?

Even Mourinho, I think he has earned that right after all he did in charge of Porto.

Jose is a glory hunter. He won't even deny it.
From Inter he will likely move to Real Madrid or Man Utd. . . . .How isn't that glory-hunting?
Why can't these managers move to a club that's yet to play in the CL like Aberdeen FC, Bolton, Osasuna or Sampdoria and make em world beaters?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Benfica UCL (3 - 3) On 13th April 2022 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (8 - 2) On August 28th 2011 / Leeds United Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 3rd October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.