Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,154 members, 7,867,355 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28769 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2010
Cuper moved from Mallorca to Valencia to Inter to Betis without winning

Van Gaal won with a young Ajax side won the CL won 3 La Liga with Barca discovering the best midfielder in the world today Xavi.
He went to AZ won, first season with Bayern and he is on a treble. His prodigees are the best young coaches in the world
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 9:04pm On May 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Cuper moved from Mallorca to Valencia to Inter to Betis without winning

None of these teams have a strong European pedigree.

Van Gaal won with a young Ajax side won the CL won 3 La Liga with Barca discovering the best midfielder in the world today Xavi.
He went to AZ won, first season with Bayern and he is on a treble. His prodigees are the best young coaches in the world

Ajax have always had a rich European tradition.
Barcelona? 2nd best club in Spain after Real Madrid. . . . .Bayern is the best club in Germany.
What is so special about winning Eredivisie with AZ?

The umbrella man just won it with FC Twente last night. Nonsense!!!
Onigbinde will win the Dutch league with FC Roda.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

The foundation was laid by Hector Cuper. . . .
He took relatively average players and turned em to world beaters.
The way Valencia sodomised Barcelona in the CL tie was synonymous to the way Globetrotters used to murder their opponents.
Sure he laid the foundation but he still could not get things done.
As I said earlier he was always the Bride's Maid, never the bride.
~Sauron~:

From AC Milan to the free-spending Chelsea.
How isn't that glory-hunting? Why didn't Ancellotti go to Fulham or even Man City?
Why should he move from Milan to Chelsea? undecided
Small clubs ain't on his radar. He has already served his apprenticeship with the likes of Reggina and Parma(who btw are a bigger club that those two clubs you named).
It's like me asking Fergie or Van Gaal to coach stoke and Hertha Berlin respectively.

~Sauron~:

Jose is a glory hunter. He won't even deny it.
From Inter he will likely move to Real Madrid or Man Utd. . . . .How isn't that glory-hunting?
Why can't these managers move to a club that's yet to play in the CL like Aberdeen FC, Bolton, Osasuna or Sampdoria and make em world beaters?
I ain't denying the fact that Jose is a Gloryhunter, however I believe that he has earned that right.
Besides,those aforementioned clubs can't afford their wages.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On May 02, 2010
The same Valencia where Cuper couldn't deliver, Benitez did
The same Inter where Cuper couldn't deliver Mancini and Jose did.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 9:36pm On May 02, 2010
dayokanu:

After spending ££££ and building on the foundation laid by Hector Cuper.
He assembled average players and he turned em to world beaters.
Who was Mendieta, Kily Gonzalez and Angulo before Hector Cuper tweaked the way they played?

chic2pimp:

Sure he laid the foundation but he still could not get things done.
As I said earlier he was always the Bride's Maid, never the bride.Why should he move from Milan to Chelsea? undecided
Small clubs ain't on his radar. He has already served his apprenticeship with the likes of Reggina and Parma(who btw are a bigger club that those two clubs you named).
It's like me asking Fergie or Van Gaal to coach stoke and Hertha Berlin respectively.
I ain't denying the fact that Jose is a Gloryhunter, however I believe that he has earned that right.
Besides,those aforementioned clubs can't afford their wages.

The perfect definition of GLORY HUNTING.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On May 02, 2010
Who was Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Kanu, Kluivert, Finidi, Muller, Badstuber, Xavi etc before van Gaal turned them to winners
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 9:52pm On May 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Who was Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Kanu, Kluivert, Finidi, Muller, Badstuber, Xavi etc before van Gaal turned them to winners

Finidi and Kanu were great players before they joined Ajax.
Xavi was a gem in La Masia. . . .Van Gaal had nothing to do with his development. It was Rijkaard that promoted Xavi.
Muller and Badstuber are useless players abeg.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On May 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

The perfect definition of GLORY HUNTING.
Would small clubs feature on Fergie's Radar?   undecided

Even Wengay who does not have an European Title to his name won't stoop that low so why should Ancelloti?

dayokanu:

Exactly!!!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On May 02, 2010
Xavi already had over 60 first team appearances for Barca before Van Gaal left

Finidi and Kanu were great players where? Sharks of PortHarcourt and Iwuanyawu. Nationale, You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 10:25pm On May 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Xavi already had over 60 first team appearances for Barca before Van Gaal left

O'Shea has copped 300 first team appearances for Man Utd. . . .He must be a great player. grin

Finidi and Kanu were great players where? Sharks of PortHarcourt and Iwuanyawu. Nationale, You should be ashamed of yourself

Kanu had an oustanding under 17 tournament in Japan 93.
Finidi played outta his skin in Senegal 92.
If anything, Westerhof should get the credits for shopping these 2 players to Holland in 93.

chic2pimp:

Would small clubs feature on Fergie's Radar?   undecided

Aberdeen? He won European titles and league titles with them
Since Fergie left 23 years ago, they are yet to win a title!!!

Man Utd couldn't win a title for 23 years before SAF's arrival.
As at 86, United were a small club living in the shadows of Liverpool.

Even Wengay who does not have an European Title to his name won't stoop that low so why should Ancelloti?
Exactly!!!

Wengay already said he's going back to France after Arsenal.
I am sure he will go back to managing Nancy or Strasbourg.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by chic2pimp(m): 10:40pm On May 02, 2010
~Sauron~:

Aberdeen? He won European titles and league titles with them
Since Fergie left 23 years ago, they are yet to win a title!!!

Man Utd couldn't win a title for 23 years before SAF's arrival.
As at 86, United were a small club living in the shadows of Liverpool.
He Managed Aberdeen at the beginning of his career likewise Carlo managed Regginna at the beginning of his.
They've both served their apprenticeship and moved on.
Man United have never been a small club. Granted they were playing second fiddle to Liverpool prior to fergie's arrival but they were never a small club.

~Sauron~:

Wengay already said he's going back to France after Arsenal.
I am sure he will go back to managing Nancy or Strasbourg.
He will head back to france towards the end of his managerial career not while he is in his prime.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 10:46pm On May 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

He Managed Aberdeen at the beginning of his career likewise Carlo managed Regginna at the beginning of his.
They've both served their apprenticeship and moved on.
Man United have never been a small club. Granted they were playing second fiddle to Liverpool prior to fergie's arrival but they were never a small club.

18 years without a TROPHY?
In that period, they got relegated and came back fighting relegation almost every season.
My friend, United were wack before SAF's arrival.

He will head back to france towards the end of his managerial career not while he is in his prime.

So you still think Wenger's in his prime? grin grin grin grin
I don't wanna know his title haul AFTER his prime. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 4:40pm On May 04, 2010

Whenever GoatCrants (no apology, cos that is the most suitable word for people who can reason like them) talk, you wonder where these persons come from.
Do big clubs go for mediocre coaches? Big clubs go for coaches that have shown that they are good, like Mourinho.
GoatCrants, can you name one coach who pursue disgrace or dishonor?
GoatCrants, did Jose start his coaching career with the big sides (Chelsea, Inter or Real Madrid)?

Goat na Goat even if e sabi press keyboard
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2010
^^  grin   grin  you like Isiewu too much abeg. You mean goat crants have not apologised for calling Jose a fluke ?
That's how they came here shouting 3 in 11 some few months back, bloody charlatans cool
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dyabman(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2010
@Sauron
Onigbinde will win Nada in J-league . . . useless coaches don't go to Eredivse and succeed not possible,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 10:23pm On May 05, 2010
Uncle Mo, you have to tell the rest of us the seekreet to your markate.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 10:55pm On May 05, 2010
Wahala90:

Whenever GoatCrants (no apology, cos that is the most suitable word for people who can reason like them) talk, you wonder where these persons come from.

1)Do big clubs go for mediocre coaches? Big clubs go for coaches that have shown that they are good, like Mourinho.
2)GoatCrants, can you name one coach who pursue disgrace or dishonor?
3)GoatCrants, did Jose start his coaching career with the big sides (Chelsea, Inter or Real Madrid)?

Goat na Goat even if e sabi press keyboard

This boy was born a retard. . . . .

1) How good were Juande Ramos/Carlos Queiroz/Ramon Caro when they managed Real Madrid? Big clubs don't go for mediocre coaches ma foot.
Didn't a badgeless manager(Avram Grant) manage Chelsea FC?
Strike 1. . . . . .I have exposed your stupidity.

2) Steve McClaren left the job of the England team and went on to win the Dutch league with FC Twente. Classic case of riches to rag.
Strike 2. . . . .I have proven distorted intimacy cells made you and in that regard, you were born water brained

3) Jose started with Porto - A very good side who have won countless league championships
Porto had won 18 league titles, Champions League, Intercontinental Cup and European Super cup before Mourinho grew his wisdom tooth.
In that regards, Porto ain't no minnows before Jose joined em. . . . .
Strike 3. . . . . . I have exposed your lack of cognitive skills coupled with the tuberculosis of the brain cells troubling your nervous system.

>>>U better check whether expired vitamin pills were not taken when you were sleeping in the womb, you sound like a disturbed kid.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 2:19pm On May 06, 2010
Jose started with Porto - A very good side who have won countless league championships

GoatCrant! You only succeeded in telling us you know nothing. In all the examples you gave, you fooled yourself and rendered your argument watery. Anyway, let me just concentrate on the great Mourinho.

Jose did not start his career in Porto. The first club he headed was Benfica in 2000: a brief but successful stay.

Goat na Goat even if e sabi blow grammer and use internet. Na wetin e dey talk na im u go take know say na Goat.

By the way, have I given you your number? Now halla "mBeeeeeee" as you take your number.

[size=14pt]GoatCrant #4     Sauron[/size]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:28pm On May 06, 2010
Wahala90:

GoatCrant! You only succeeded in telling us you know nothing. In all the examples you gave, you fooled yourself and rendered your argument watery. Anyway, let me just concentrate on the great Mourinho.

You are a bigger fool than i thought. . . .
If you think i rendered ma argument watery, kindly point to the watery points and address em one by one.

Jose did not start his career in Porto. The first club he headed was Benfica in 2000: a brief but successful stay.

U are a consummate retard. . . .Jose copped only 9 league games with Benfica. So that is a successful stay?
Did you sell your intelligence for a plate of porridge?
Lemme address other points. . . . .

Hahahahahaha, From frying pan to FIRE. . . . .So Benfica is a small club?
They are even bigger than Porto in Portugal.
31 league titles and 2 CL titles and you think Benfica is a small club?
Where are these gorillas springing out from?

Goat na Goat even if e sabi blow grammer and use internet. Na wetin e dey talk na im u go take know say na Goat.

By the way, have I given you your number? Now halla "mBeeeeeee" as you take your number.

More like halla "mmBeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when the donor of your Y-chromosomes stick his pee-pee in your rectum.
First class IDIOT.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 4:01pm On May 06, 2010
@Sauron, GoatCrant#4.
I never knew Steve's move to Twente with players like Perez (one of the most technical and dangerous striker in dutch league), Eljero Elia and Marko Arnautović was to seek dishonour. And he didn't win the first season but Jose did.

They are even bigger than Porto in Portugal

So why didn't you mention it. The point is that you do not even have substantial info about the man yet you want to talk. A Goat must "Crant" anyway.

So that is a successful stay?

Yes. If he had failed, better clubs wouldn't have come for him.

If you are not a GoatCrant, how come you don't understand the fact that:
Clubs choose and pay their coaches and not the other way
You are a Goat and you must be stubborn. So
[size=14pt][center]GoatCrant #4,can we hear you "Crant"[/center][/size]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:11pm On May 06, 2010
Wahala90:

@Sauron, GoatCrant#4.
I never knew Steve's move to Twente with players like Perez (one of the most technical and dangerous striker in dutch league), Eljero Elia and Marko Arnautović was to seek dishonour. And he didn't win the first season but Jose did.

Stupidity platelets flow in your veins.
Why didn't FC Twente win the dutch league before McClaren if they have 200 technical players in their squad?
I need to buy you common sense.

So why didn't you mention it. The point is that you do not even have substantial info about the man yet you want to talk. A Goat must "Crant" anyway.

Why should i mention Benfica. Did he complete a season there? Nope!
Did he win anything with Benfica? Nope.
So how is it any relevant to this debate about Jose being a GLORY HUNTER?
Are you paid to be a retard?

Yes. If he had failed, better clubs wouldn't have come for him.
If you are not a GoatCrant, how come you don't understand the fact that:

It seems your last name is GoatCrant!!!

Clubs choose and pay their coaches and not the other way
You are a Goat and you must be stubborn. So
[size=14pt][center]GoatCrant #4,can we hear you "Crant"[/center][/size]

Clubs choose and pay their coaches and coaches can decline or accept club offers.
Scolari declined England's interest and reh reh reh.
Mourinho even confirmed Man City wanted his services but he declined so what are you ON about?

I keep reiterating you are a first class dunderhead with semen as brain cells.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by gozzilla(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2010
Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius Mourinho Genius
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by RuuDie(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2010
Thing to note is; the greatest football managers start from scratch, build up and leave lasting legacies.

Glory-hunter is apt for JM in a funny sort of way - he gets all the glory and almost certainly leaves the club in tatters. 1 thing is absolutely certain, if you're looking for short-term success, JM is your man!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 8:27pm On May 08, 2010
He is a short term manager because most of the clubs that have hired him have demanded immediate and instant success with little or no room for errors or experiments. This is simple logic that even a caveman would understand
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Krayola(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2010
Mourinho is on course to win a treble, and even possibly do what Pep did last year (6 trophies). Make una siddon on top PC dey playa-hate the guy. Na una sabi  undecided  wink
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 8:17pm On May 14, 2010

Clubs choose and pay their coaches and coaches can decline or accept club offers.
Scolari declined England's interest and reh reh reh.
Mourinho even confirmed Man City wanted his services but he declined so what are you ON about?

You are validating the fact that you are a GoatCrant with so much fact. However, you failed to understand that the world knows that clubs get coaches who they know can deliver for them based on what they know about the ability of the coach.

GoatCrant #4, can you "crant" please?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by hustler(m): 8:53pm On May 14, 2010
Mourinho is a good coach and he is world class by every standard but Fabio Capello is d best anyday. For me sha grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by najmgiwa: 3:10pm On May 15, 2010
plz read b4 making point

Jose Mourinho

José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix was born January 26, 1963 in Setúbal, Portugal and is a successful football manager.

Early years

Son of Portuguese goalkeeper Félix Mourinho, José Mourinho never pursued a career as a player (although he did have minor stints in smaller clubs) but showed an impressive managing ability from an early age, by preparing match reports for his father.

The Translator

Nicknamed Tradutor (translator), as he worked with Bobby Robson as a translator (technically speaking he was interpreter) in FC Porto, and followed him to FC Barcelona where he even learned Catalan. When Robson left for PSV, he stayed in the Catalan side where he worked with Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal.

Benfica and Leiria

In 2000 his chance of coaching a team finally arrived, when he was picked by Lisbon side Benfica to replace Jupp Heynckes after the fourth week of the Portuguese league. In nine matches he won five, having the same draws and losses (two). However, while he was popular, especially after a 3-0 win against Sporting, Benfica's election turned against the president João Vale e Azevedo and the newly-elected Manuel Vilarinho already had talks with another manager, who replaced him only a few weeks later. While it's uncertain if Mourinho pulled himself out of Benfica or he was really pushed out, it's considered to be one of the biggest mistakes in recent Benfica administration.

The next season (01-02) he started in mid-tablers União de Leiria, where he climbed as high as fourth (9-7-3 WDL record), when he was selected by FC Porto's president Pinto da Costa to replace Octávio Machado as a manager of a lowly-motivated side already running outside the title dispute by week 19 and in risk of not playing in European competitions. He picked the Porto side with promises of "making Porto champion next year", and clinched the third place after a good 15 game run (WDL 11-2-2).

Porto magic

After asking several players to create what he believed would be a perfect team (such as Maniche, Paulo Ferreira, Nuno Valente and Derlei), he combined the already existing talents (Baía, Ricardo Carvalho, Jorge Costa, Costinha, Deco, Dmitri Alenitchev and Postiga) to create one of the most powerful teams ever seen in Portuguese football. He won the first Superliga he fully coached with a 27-5-2 WDL record, 11 points clear of the side that ditched him two years before, Benfica. He also won the Portuguese Cup (against former club Leiria) and the UEFA Cup, managing to get one impressive treble.

This debut season proved hard to beat, but the following season, while not playing as impressively, gave Porto an easy championship win (the 20th) with an eight point advantage, and an unbeaten run that only ended five weeks before the end of the league. While the cup was lost to Benfica, two weeks later he won the Champions League after a run of only one defeat against Real Madrid in the first phase.

so before you guys conclude, if you have this record will you want to manage stoke city, pls always have your fact before you talk about a personality.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by FBS: 10:14pm On May 22, 2010
Jose.  . .Jose. . .Jose! What a man.
He just loves to make history.

Bayern M 0 - 2 Inter

The student (JM) just beat his teacher(LvG).

Inter the best team in Europe this season.

He could have won this trophy for Chelsea.  cheesy

But erm. . .can we close this thread now? as  the answer is quite obvious. The man is a fluke grin

Bloody lucky GENIUS!!!

The only third coach to win the UCL with different clubs and lead Inter to their first ever treble - The first Italian team to do so.

Whoever created this thread should hide his head in shame.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mykali(m): 10:24pm On May 22, 2010
Yeah . . .whoever created this thread . . .where is he?
I wanna hear what he's got to say.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 22, 2010
Ok, I raise my hands up and admit I was wrong.
JM is a genius.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2010
Irony is being run over by an ambulance

Irony is Dayokanu calling Mourinho a fluke and his team being denied the UCL by this same

Mourinho is the best manager on the planet. EOD! he has shattered every record available and if he can lead Portugal to a WC title i don't think it would be out of place to call him the greatest!! Wetin una want make the man do again? Are you not entertained??

2 UCL's at 47. You haters should apologize

Wahala ma nigga if you see a Goat Crant in the spot point em out. . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Benfica UCL (3 - 3) On 13th April 2022 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (8 - 2) On August 28th 2011 / Leeds United Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 3rd October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.