Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. (16008 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by beckyseun(f): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2009
Banom, "I say unto you that likewise there is great joy in heaven over one sinner (you) that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" Luke 15:7. So my Brother, right now you are a celebrity, the heavenlies are rejoicing for the decision you have made, please DO NOT look back, because.Lk 9:62 says that "No man, having put his hands to the plow, and looking back, is not fit for the kingdom of God". We shall make eternity together in Jesus Name. Shalom.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by loneytunes(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2009
Congrats Banom.

To those who doubt Christ, you're on your own if you don't have a change of heart.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mrofficial(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2009
beckyseun:

Banom, "I say unto you that likewise there is great joy in heaven over one sinner (you) that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" Luke 15:7. So my Brother, right now you are a celebrity, the heavenlies are rejoicing for the decision you have made, please DO NOT look back, because.Lk  9:62  says that "No man, having put his hands to the plow, and looking back, is not fit for the kingdom of God". We shall make eternity together in Jesus Name. Shalom.

Let me induct you to Nairaland.

Welcome to Nairaland!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by beckyseun(f): 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
@ Mr Official, I've been on Nairaland for close to two years, but a passive member, I am so impressed by the topic that is why I had to drop a comment on this forum for the first time. Thanks all the same for the induction message. smiley
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
ezan:

Who cares how you choose to poison your mind? ALL religions have caused more harm than good. It is a disease of the mind, not sure if I should feel sorry for you.

Let me also welcome you to Nairaland. The religion section is the war zone of Nairaland, so be prepared.

But introduce us your core beliefs, so that we can know your stand from the beginning, and also so that you will not generate as much controversy in future if you decide to change beliefs.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by theviper1: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
so @banon just came to the realization that God is the EXTRA on his ORDINARY and the SUPER on his NATURAL? That is good and may the good Lord be praised. but remember not to fall mugu to ant pastor or church.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by banom(m): 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
@ rubi,

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by ezer(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2009
@poster
Congrats, be serious and worship HIM, HE will never disappoint you. It pays positively to worship the only true GOD.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by madamL(f): 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
Halleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mrofficial(m): 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
beckyseun:

@ Mr Official, I've been on Nairaland for close to two years, but a passive member, I am so impressed by the topic that is why I had to drop a comment on this forum for the first time. Thanks all the same for the induction message. smiley

Ohh, that's true. Date Registered: August 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Epi: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2009
ezan:

ALL religions have caused more harm than good.
You can say that again.  Mind you, there is nothing wrong with believin in a God but just look at the folks (different religion) going at it in this thread. And look at the "war" on Nairaland between Muslim and Christians.
ezan:

It is a disease of the mind.
True!  It's killing us out big time. It's because of it why some countries are at war and so many lost their lives.  Religion, oh the insanity
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
wirinet:

Yes o. I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses.

@Wirinet

Let me give you a slight analogy.
Imagine for one moment a set of twins in their mother's womb.

One twin says : "Hey, we have a mother. She is responsible for all that we are. We exist because she allowed some guy somewhere between her legs.We are alive because she eats and drinks. She cares so much for us that she goes regularly to a guy called doctor for something called ante-natal".
"Sometimes I hear her speak to us. She calls us babies. She loves us so much that she would do anything for us.
She says we give her joy. I hear it. She keeps thinking about us every moment".

The other twin replies. "What are you talking about. You are just imagining things. There is nothing like Mother. Have you ever seen her? If you say she speaks to us, how come I never hear her? Hey fella, I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses. I wouldn't waste my time thinking about some Mother  that you've just imagined up".
"If truly we have a mother, why can't she come get us out of this blood soaked tight sac that we've been locked up in since conception".

Twin one says": If only you understood you wouldn't speak like this. She loves us so much that she is going to endure the most grueling pain of her life just to get us out of here. It won't be long, we would be out of here in her arms, free to move around and at the same time feel her love.
She would give us breast to suck, food to eat, she would bathe us and put us to bed. So much love she would give to us.

The other twin: All this your talk looks too good to be true. However, I only believe in things I see. I don't see a mother, So I know I don't have one. I'll rather wait till that 9 months you keep talking about is over, then maybe I'll believe.

This analogy gives you a perfect picture on our relationship with God. You don't have to see to believe. The mere fact that a baby can't see or feel the presence of it's mother doesn't mean the mother doesn't exist.
For me, I know for sure that I didn't make my digestive system, neither did I do anything to ensure that my lungs process oxygen. I know for sure that it has all been regulated by my creator.

Hey Atheists, we all know atheism is a ruse and it exists solely because God exists. If believers in God are wrong, then there should be no need for such a thing as atheism.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by smooooooth: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
no one can come to the father unless the father draws him near. you are lucky to have been chosen by God. what happened to you when u woke and started thinking about God is the spirit of God drawing you to God, cos God has chosen u long b4 u were conceived by your parents. i want to congratulate u , and urge u to continue to yield to the promptings of the spirit, he will lead to to total salvation. wont be surprised if u start getting the feeling to be baptised and join other believers, just obey him, he does not do his job half way. goodluck. smiley
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by denony(m): 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
To GOD be the glory
FOR HE IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH
GLORY! GLORY!! GLORY!!! TO THE LORD GOD OUR SAVIOUR

BROTHER MAY UR FAITH BE WATERED IN JESUS NAME, AMEN
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by denony(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
@BANON
As you are bold enough to tell us about your encounter
I Pray that some other peeps on here like ogaga and co will surely
surrender to the LORD before the end of This year.

OUR LORD IS THE MOST HIGH GOD
HE IS THE KING OF KINGS
HE IS THE LORD OF LORDS
HE IS THE IMORTAL REDEMER
THE UNCHANGEABLE CHANGER
THE MIGHTY IN BATTLE
THE GREAT PROVIDER

HE SAID WHOSOEVER THAT COMMETH TO HIM
SHALL HAVE REST AND BE FILLED WITH JOY
YOU ARE WELCOME IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, AS WE OPEN OUR ARMS TO WELCOME MORE ATHEIST IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by GEW: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
congrats banom welcome to the family

abusola and co, we are waiting to count you in
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2009
@denony while I was about to post my comment, yours interfered and you just posted what I had in mind,

Glory to God for Bro, (what is ur real name) and to the shame of the devil, ogagaluv and his cohorts just dropped ears as a wandering dog without food for days, Christ will continue to be popular and popular by the mili-second, why follow satan & co. who uses the name of Christ to gain cheap popularity,

[size=20pt]the only one who died and is/was never called Late Jesus, [/size]

Three Gbosa for him abeg,   Gbosa! Gbosa!!, Gbosa!!!

ALL HAIL KING JESUS!!!!!!!!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by beneli(m): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2009
Neither the so called Atheists nor those who believe in a God have the ‘evidence’ to back up the things they choose to believe-or not believe-in. The choices made have nothing to do with ones level of exposure, education, or as somebody mentioned earlier with ‘being a slave to rationality’.

Those who, like Richard Hawkins, say that belief in God amounts to a delusion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion, should have the humility to admit that they don’t have the evidence to support their stance. In other words by using the word ‘delusion’ in connection with people who believe in God, they only reveal their own ignorance of the meaning of the word. (http://www.answers.com/topic/delusion)

The fact is that Science has not disproved the existence of God; neither has Philosophy nor History nor Archaeology. And until there is evidence that God does not exist, belief or unbelief in God will always boil down to personal choices, made in spite of the evidence or lack of it. That is where the faith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith) thing comes in.

It certainly takes a lot of Faith to believe that the universe was created from a cosmic explosion of a subatomic ball that hurled space, time, matter and energy in all directions. Those that believe in God say that this explosion happened because God said ‘let there be, ’. The 'atheist' is not quite sure why it happened. Current ‘rational’ thinking is that matter came out of 'nothing', possibly from the other side of a Singularity (a black hole), that connects the membranes of different universes. The ‘why’ for them, is that this event was ‘random’. And this is accepted as ‘rational’ thinking.

The only thing that separates the ‘atheist’ from ‘theist’ is what they have chosen to submit to. The Atheist holds his own power of reason and intellect as supreme and submits only to himself and to 'logic', while the 'theist' believes in someone or something that is greater than himself, to which he submits.  What that someone or something is, is a matter of choice that has been influenced by so many intermingling factors. The several influences of my life have lead me to submit to the Christian Faith.

‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth’. I am content in this knowledge. For those who have a problem with that, it's their choice which has nothing to do with a 'superior' intellect.

'Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish'.
-Albert Einstein
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by AmakaOne(f): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2009
shocked  shocked  shocked  wonders shalll never cease !!  shocked  shocked
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by ezer(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
wirinet:

That is the point, atheists do not want to go anywhere, they just want to live out their lives and die, that is it.

So God remote control us, why do God not simply remote control his creations to achieve whatever aims he wants and save everybody all the troubles.

Another atheists? Please there is still time to be born again, follow the posters foot steps.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Elgaxton(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hi Banom,

This is a very good news worthy of broadcast anywhere.

I urge you to start developing your human spirit with God's word

Col 3:16.

I advise you to go a church where God's word is taught in all sincerity.

Hey wait! Don't live with what people say about Christianity, find out for yourself what God's word says.

U can give me a call on 08098601093
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by ezer(m): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2009
aletheia:

Perhaps he's remote controlling you now. And you don't even know it! grin
lol

beckyseun:

WELCOME TO NAIRALAND Beckyseun!!!
Will send your nairaland dinner tonight.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Theblessed(f): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2009
Halelujah, Halelujah, Halelujah, thanks be to our Heavenly Father !!! May Honour and Glory be in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen! 

Brother, God bless you for this sincere repentance and acknowledgement of our Heavenly Father! And may our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit continue to live in you! And may the Holy Spirit, guide, direct and protect you from all evils/harms the devil and his agents might think of perpetrating on you now you are Born Again, in Jesus Mighty Name we pray, Amen! 

Satan, you are under our feet and you have been defeated, in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen!!! Peace!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
Na wa o, See Banom has been thrown from relative obscurity to super stardom overnight just because of his declaration that he has denounced atheism and reconverted to born again Christianity. 8 pages and counting in less than 3 days. Banom, remember say na we be paddy paddy for religious section before you turn to super star, not forget us o, especially Tudor, because at this rate CNN and Fox will come calling for an exclusive interview soon.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
beneli:

Those who, like Richard Hawkins, say that belief in God amounts to a delusion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion, should have the humility to admit that they don’t have the evidence to support their stance. In other words by using the word ‘delusion’ in connection with people who believe in God, they only reveal their own ignorance of the meaning of the word. (http://www.answers.com/topic/delusion)

'Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish'.
-Albert Einstein

Hey, it's Richard Dawkins, not Hawkins, or are you perhaps carried away by hearing too much of Stephen Hawking??

And also, Just so you know, Albert Einstein never believed in your god. Was a jew, and only talked of God in place of Nature. Substitute "God" with "Nature" in that quote, and boom! u have it!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Kay17: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@Wirinet

One twin says : "Hey, we have a mother. She is responsible for all that we are. We exist because she allowed some guy somewhere between her legs.We are alive because she eats and drinks. She cares so much for us that she goes regularly to a guy called doctor for something called ante-natal".
"Sometimes I hear her speak to us. She calls us babies. She loves us so much that she would do anything for us.

The other twin replies. "What are you talking about. You are just imagining things. There is nothing like Mother. Have you ever seen her? If you say she speaks to us, how come I never hear her? Hey fella, I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses. I wouldn't waste my time thinking about some Mother  that you've just imagined up".
"If truly we have a mother, why can't she come get us out of this blood soaked tight sac that we've been locked up in since conception".

Twin one says": If only you understood you wouldn't speak like this. She loves us so much that she is going to endure the most grueling pain of her life just to get us out of here. It won't be long, we would be out of here in her arms, free to move around and at the same time feel her love.
She would give us bosom to suck, food to eat, she would bathe us and put us to bed. So much love she would give to us.

The other twin: All this your talk looks too good to be true. However, I only believe in things I see. I don't see a mother, So I know I don't have one. I'll rather wait till that 9 months you keep talking about is over, then maybe I'll believe.

This analogy gives you a perfect picture on our relationship with God. You don't have to see to believe. The mere fact that a baby can't see or feel the presence of it's mother doesn't mean the mother doesn't exist.
For me, I know for sure that I didn't make my digestive system, neither did I do anything to ensure that my lungs process oxygen. I know for sure that it has all been regulated by my creator.

Hey Atheists, we all know atheism is a ruse and it exists solely because God exists. If believers in God are wrong, then there should be no need for such a thing as atheism.

your analogy is improper, because you did not state the means thru which the first twin became aware of the existence of the mother. that was crucial to the story. and the boundary that lies between theists and atheists.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
Gosh! How about we abort those talking babies!! undecided
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by beneli(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2009
sauer:

Hey, it's Richard Dawkins, not Hawkins, or are you perhaps carried away by hearing too much of Stephen Hawking??

And also, Just so you know, Albert Einstein never believed in your god. Was a jew, and only talked of God in place of Nature. Substitute "God" with "Nature" in that quote, and boom! u have it!

You are right it's Richard Dawkins! Sorry.

I didn't come up with the words of the quote my friend. Those are the man's words, so why should i substitute 'God' with 'nature'. The issue, however, is not whether the man believed in God or not, he did going by some of his statements-'I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings'.
- Albert Einstein, responding to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein's question "Do you believe in God?" quoted in: Has Science Found God?, by Victor J Stenger

The fact that he didn't believe in a Christian God doesn't ruffle my feathers in any way. He had a right to believe in whatever deity he wanted to. It is his choice. Just like it's yours to either believe or not believe.

My point is that neither the believer nor the unbeliever can lay claims to having the 'evidence' for the positions they take, so evrything boils down to 'Faith'.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by software(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2009
Congrats my Bro. May the Almighty God continue to bless you for the decision you have taken. Bravo Brother.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by software(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2009
so many many many pastors on here, i think very soon, nairaland will become a church. can we suggest a name pls?

i suggest Nairaland Church of God Mission (naija)
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by redsun(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
Religious people are like children,they need to taught every thing,they need to be taught morality,taught fairness,taught kindness,taught self control and self indulgence,common sense,they seem never to have natural intuitions.

Anyway,the blind must led,whichever way.There is utmost freedom in being non-aligned.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mavenbox: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@Wirinet

She would give us bosom to suck, food to eat, she would bathe us and put us to bed. So much love she would give to us.

GBOSA!!! PAPA BROWNE has done it again!!

Kay 17:

your analogy is improper, because you did not state the means thru which the first twin became aware of the existence of the mother. that was crucial to the story. and the boundary that lies between theists and atheists.
@Kay 17: If you expect to have a PHYSICAL thing that will totally explain away a Spiritual (say, non-physical) Truth, then you go wait tire undecided I think this is still one of the best shots I have seen at such an explanation that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / The Origin of Na.kedness / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.