Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,910 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. (16005 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by zmurda(m): 1:47am On Dec 04, 2009
davidylan:

You dont realise it but you're the one in shackles. You think "freedom" is the right to do anything without consequences?

Freedom is the ability to think without being tied to some religious restriction.

You can do whatever, truth be told. You may reap the consequence now. You may not. But when you die that is the end my friend.

FYI, I am not in shackles. Been happy since the day I told organised religion good bye!

Hope one day you'll see the freedom too.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:51am On Dec 04, 2009
@Topic
You are right on point Banom. I like your initial posting. There is a strong difference between the choice you've made and religion. Christianity is  much more than religion.

For crying out loud, atheism is just one easy joke that makes no sense even to atheists.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mavenbox: 1:55am On Dec 04, 2009
@PapaBrowne: Good one.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Dec 04, 2009
Cough*** Attention seeker ****
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by thisme(m): 2:20am On Dec 04, 2009
@Poster
If actually you are serious sincerely you made my YEAR!

More so, I came across a site that could be of help
to your spiritual growth, do visit it at your leisure

http://www.bibleinfotips.com

I see Heaven rejoicing over you, congrats!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mazaje(m): 2:22am On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Post by Mazaje
Many folks have the assumption that denying the existence of the supernatural equates to some form of intelligence

Where did I insinuate that in my post to neotic?

You talk about cyberspace [/b]as a place that really exists right? All I want you to do is to describe how [b]cyberspace(Nairaland, Facebook, et al) looks like and how the people that reside in it look like. Isn't it funny that you keep talking about a place you've never visited, never seen, a place you cannot even describe . . . . . . .

I don't know weather to laugh or cry at your very ridiculous analogy. When did I talk about any cyberspace at all? I can fully describe how nairaland and face book look like. Let me describe to you how nairaland looks like. The website has colours like, blue and grey, You can see alphabetical characters, and some images when you visit the site, you can see people's user names. People do not reside on nairaland. Pls describe to me how the mythical kingdom of darkness looks like, who are the people that reside there, how do they look and what is their estimated population.    

The same way you assume  the kingdom of darkness noetic2 refers to is a figment of her imagination, is the same way Nairaland is a figment of your imagination.

Nairaland is not a figment of my imagination because I can actually come here and interact with you and other people, How does one interact with the people that live in this mythical kingdom of darkness? What type of clothes do they wear in that kingdom and where is the kingdom located?
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:56am On Dec 04, 2009
mazaje:

Where did I insinuate that in my post to neotic?

I don't know weather to laugh or cry at your very ridiculous analogy. When did I talk about any cyberspace at all? I can fully describe how nairaland and face book look like. Let me describe to you how nairaland looks like. The website has colours like, blue and grey, You can see alphabetical characters, and some images when you visit the site, you can see people's user names. People do not reside on nairaland. Pls describe to me how the mythical kingdom of darkness looks like, who are the people that reside there, how do they look and what is their estimated population.    

Nairaland is not a figment of my imagination because I can actually come here and interact with you and other people, How does one interact with the people that live in this mythical kingdom of darkness? What type of clothes do they wear in that kingdom and where is the kingdom located?

Nairaland is actually a figment of our imagination. The Mazaje I assume to be responding to, could just be some alphabets on my computer screen. I have never seen him/her. The Mazaje that I see on my computer doesn't wear no clothes.

Try telling an old lady in the village about cyberspace and watch her reaction.
Sometimes, when I discuss about events & people on Nairaland in the presence of older folks, they always wonder what I'm talking about.
They give me that "where is Nairaland look?". They kind of wonder why I speak of it like like its a place. They don't just get it.

Same way man. Same way that the uninitiated can't understand cyberspace is the same way that the uninitiated can understand  the supernatural.

One of the strongest qulaities of intelligence is an open mind. The more open your mind is, the more likely you are to learn about new things and new ways.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by SEFAGO(m): 2:56am On Dec 04, 2009
I see [b]Heaven rejoicing [/b]over you, congrats!

They no get better work to do, like, trying to help rectify the misery and suffering in the world while focussing on banon
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mazaje(m): 3:27am On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Nairaland is actually a figment of our imagination. The Mazaje I assume to be responding to, could just be some alphabets on my computer screen. I have never seen him/her. The Mazaje that I see on my computer doesn't wear no clothes.

False Nairaland is a website that exist where people come and interact with each other, through posts. You do not see a person in the form of Mazaje all you see is a user name called Mazaje.

Try telling an old lady in the village about cyberspace and watch her reaction.
Sometimes, when I discuss about events & people on Nairaland in the presence of older folks, they always wonder what I'm talking about.

If only you will take them to a computer they will see what you are doing and have an Idea of what you are saying. Can you take me to the Kingdom of darkness so that I can see what is going on over there?

They give me that "where is Nairaland look?". They kind of wonder why I speak of it like like its a place. They don't just get it.

You can actually take them to a computer and show them where what Nairaland is and they will see it. Can you take any body to the mythical Kingdom of darkness and show them where it is to see?

Same way man. Same way that the uninitiated can't understand cyberspace is the same way that the uninitiated can understand  the supernatural.

The computer illiterate person can see a computer and see the nairaland page when it is displayed, Can you show or point to the Kingdom of darkness? Where exactly is it located?

One of the strongest qulaities of intelligence is an open mind. The more open your mind is, the more likely you are to learn about new things and new ways.

Open mind does not equate to accepting KNOWN myths as facts or realities.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by SEFAGO(m): 3:44am On Dec 04, 2009
Open mind does not equate to accepting KNOWN myths as facts or realities.

Agreed. I still find it hilarious when people use the idea of open-mind to justify religion. Because an open mind points you more to the direction of an atheist or an agnostic. Considering the fact that I am not really atheist but borderline between agnostic-deist, I usually know what I am saying after considerable examination of my beliefs. Can any of the Christians here justify beliefs? Do they know how christianity came to be? Are they aware of the history of the bible? Do they know of the apocryphal scriptures? Do they find it weird that a God which was partial and limited to loving only Jews in one testament for no reason, could become a truly loving God in the next testament?

The best response a christian has is it defies human logic, immediately you strip this argument away, all arguments for religion lose their credibility.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by blackspade(m): 5:31am On Dec 04, 2009
Praise the lord.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mycutiepie(f): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2009
What I dont seem to get from some christians is that "why do they take Jesus as God?" We know thru the Bible that there are Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It aches me alot that alot of ppl dont know the difference.

And the guy that said God weeped and did all sort, oga atheist, the person you were referring to is not GOD. Jesus died and rose.

Congratulations B@original poster
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by okunoba(m): 5:53am On Dec 04, 2009
Watch olokun festival in Brazil

Brazilians appreciating African traditional religion. Africa will rise again, ashe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUC2VW95nag
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by bawomolo(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2009
banom is a star. i need some agape love too. Where is my conversion party yall.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by godinser: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2009
you have taken a GREAT step but please get a bible believing church, you need one to help you in the race.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Arnold1(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2009
God bless you. Welcome home my brother.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by otukpo(f): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2009
Whether Banon is serious abt this or not, for opening this thread, he has proclaimed Christ.

For whatever reasons he has chosen to come back to Christ, it is personal to him and i don't understand why some of u peeps are querrying him.

Leave Banon alone, he has made his decision and its left for him and his God.

Banon, Congratulations! May the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with u and remain with u now and forever.

Amen.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by micpet(m): 8:31am On Dec 04, 2009
His a testimoni
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by RichyBlacK(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2009
SEFAGO:
There goes the people with [b]low IQ[/b]s. You should have figured out that if I actually believed in his existence, then i would be too scared to uttering anything blasphemous since God is supposed to be all powerful.

No hatred for what doesn't exist, just hate what religion has done to the world- sorrow, tears and blood

Low IQ? Look at this simpleton trying to elevate itself to some level of importance.

davidylan:
there goes those who are foolish enough to believe that godlessness confers on them a degree of intelligence. Sorry . . . you exhibit way too much hate for someone you allegedly "believe" does not exist. I dont think tooth fairies exist . . . i wont be devoting an entire thread to insulting them and trying to "prove" they dont exist.

1. Why do you "hate" what religion has done to the world? Exactly WHAT sorrow, tears and blood has christianity wrought in the world to make you "hate" it? Where you alive during the dark ages?

2. I wonder why your "hate for what religion has done to the world" is narrowed down to christianity alone. I never see you fools howling about the death and blood islam is wrecking on the world at present neither do i see you crying about the hindus and their cows.

3. Should we suppose that hypocrites like you also "hate" with as much vitriol what atheists like Stalin, Mao and Hitler have done to the world?

Engaging the likes of you is always a wasted exercise . . . half the time you people dont understand the innate hate that drives your posting.

Excellent!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by kosovo(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2009
boom! boom! boom! boommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by sesco2006(m): 9:12am On Dec 04, 2009
You definitely have taken a very good deciesion. I thank God fo your life. Please keep it up and do not relent as the Joy of the lord is your strenght. Cheers!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mrofficial(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2009
[size=15pt]Now tell the rest Atheists you know. Being Atheists do not take them anywhere.

Since we humans make TV set with remote and control it with the remote, that's enough to tell that God exists.
[/size]
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by amigoes(m): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2009
I am really happy for you. CONGRATS.
Please note that you have just started a race,
Your starting is not as important as your Ending,
I pray GOD to help you to end well.

Please note these facts:
1) Get integrated into a bible beliving Church, where BIBLE is preached and practised.
2) Avoid old friends with whom you sinned together (at least for now), it is easier for them to pull you down/back
rather than you pulling them up. First get spiritual stamina.
3) Read, "chew" and memorize the Bible, Acts of Apostles will be really helpful, read the life of PAUL,
4) Be ready to share your experiences/ testify about your salvation, it will help you to be stronger and help other to discover Christ.
5) Prayers/ Prayer meetings will really help you. Pray about everything and everything.
6) Get good/serious Chriatian friends who lives the Bible, avoid pretenders,
7) Avoid sin, it weakens gradually and eventually kills.

Finally Temptations will come, if you overcome , you will become stronger,
I pray, the good Lord who located you will sustain you.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 9:53am On Dec 04, 2009
mr.official:

[size=15pt]Now tell the rest Atheists you know. Being Atheists do not take them anywhere.

Since we humans make TV set with remote and control it with the remote, that's enough to tell that God exists.
[/size]

That is the point, atheists do not want to go anywhere, they just want to live out their lives and die, that is it.

So God remote control us, why do God not simply remote control his creations to achieve whatever aims he wants and save everybody all the troubles.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by foyeks2001(f): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2009
congratulations, am happy for u
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mrofficial(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2009
wirinet:

That is the point, atheists do not want to go anywhere, they just want to live out their lives and die, that is it.

So God remote control us, why do God not simply remote control his creations to achieve whatever aims he wants and save everybody all the troubles.

Which side are you on? Another atheist?
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2009
mr.official:

Which side are you on? Another atheist?

Yes o. I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by aletheia(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2009
wirinet:

Perhaps he's remote controlling you now. And you don't even know it! grin
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Gent: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2009
@ poster. If u are serious, then u`ve taken that best decision of your life, no other choice or decision taken by anybody is as important as this.
If addition to what u mentioned, if u believe that the ONLY WAY to God the Creator is thr Jesus Christ, then u are not only saved, but u are safe and secured in Christ Colossian 1 v 27b,c. John 3 v 16-18.
Children and agents of Satan would definately try to discourage u from your faith, but hold to your conviction and u will overcome them.
Though many people will mock and treat such issues with levity, at the time they realise their foolishness, it may be too late.
An unbeliever on earth will be a believer in hell.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2009
banom is just a broke ass nigguh, that is what we all do when we find ourselves either too broke or extremely wealthy (We start to believe there is some dude out there who will save us from our financial mess)
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by ezan(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2009
Who cares how you choose to poison your mind? ALL religions have caused more harm than good. It is a disease of the mind, not sure if I should feel sorry for you.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by tundewoods(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2009
Nairaland never seizes to amaze me. Once again !
Congrats dude on your new found religious inclination. I wonder why the rest of you dudes are making this sound political or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram / The Origin of Na.kedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.