Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. (15991 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by redsun(m): 11:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
The wicked shall be eaten by worms but the good lives.Reminisce.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 05, 2009
Lol, Did anybody force you?
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by MrCartha: 2:54am On Dec 05, 2009
Chei, devil don wear white garment! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by gidson12(m): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2009
which kind topic dey even make front page 4 nairaland, imagine
so this is wat we would be discussing, somebody coming to open a thread
about his religious problem embarassed
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by CarlosVent(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2009
Thanks to God for ur Life Man
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Goldmind1(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2009
I rejoice with you Banon.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by vicishow(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2009
Good for you!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2009
@poster

You know what my opinion is? If this isn't a joke at all, then in one silent corner of your mind you had always believed in a jesus, or a god, or a holi cow. Your previous tirades had always been to get back at something torturing you deep inside. Why, so it is absolutely no strange thing that you should revert back to what had always been an old order for you. You have merely gone back (and not started anew as a born-whatever xtian, as you would have us believe). people or atheists like you are many all over the globe. While some talk of some theistic, overwhelming, spiritual experience a la Anthony Flew, some talk of outright conversion a la Paul (who became Saul). It boils down to one thing, you guys are all deluded in the first place and had never believed anything!!
Don't bore me with your story, cos it changes nothing. Why you hadn't believed so long in this jesus, is the question am asking; not why you have suddenly converted to "theism"
Has it ever occured to you why it was jesus you chose? I'll tell u. Because you have always chosen him. When you go into mediation again some time, please come out believing in Islam or Mohammed or Zarathustra or Confucius; that would be much more appealing/credible!!
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by tundewoods(m): 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
sauer:

@poster

You know what my opinion is? If this isn't a joke at all, then in one silent corner of your mind you had always believed in a jesus, or a god, or a holi cow. Your previous tirades had always been to get back at something torturing you deep inside. Why, so it is absolutely no strange thing that you should revert back to what had always been an old order for you. You have merely gone back (and not started anew as a born-whatever xtian, as you would have us believe). people or atheists like you are many all over the globe. While some talk of some theistic, overwhelming, spiritual experience a la Anthony Flew, some talk of outright conversion a la Paul (who became Saul). It boils down to one thing, you guys are all deluded in the first place and had never believed anything!!
Don't bore me with your story, cos it changes nothing. Why you hadn't believed so long in this jesus, is the question am asking; not why you have suddenly converted to "theism"
Has it ever occured to you why it was jesus you chose? I'll tell u. Because you have always chosen him. When you go into mediation again some time, please come out believing in Islam or Mohammed or Zarathustra or Confucius; that would be much more appealing/credible!!

@ sauer

Again this thread will keep growing in size due to folks like you who are hell bent on making this a propaganda driven conversion.
Lets face it, our guy seems to have chosen to thread a new path and the honest truth is that its only right path believe it or not, grin grin grin
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by No2Atheism(m): 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2009
Do i know whether Banom is sincere about what he is talking about . . . NO I DO NOT KNOW AND CAN'T REALLY KNOW CUS EACH MAN KNOWS HIS HEART

- If Banom is sincere. . . why is it that Atheist are up in arms about it.

- I even noticed that a muslims also commented at one point in time.

As atheism also become a cult such that it now becomes a public issue when someone decides he or she is no longer an atheist . . .or what is all this rancour all about anyway.

At the end of the if Banom is sincere . . . GOOD FOR HIM . . . why do i have a feeling that some atheist have become all territorial about the issue.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by No2Atheism(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
sauer:

@poster

WEN DID APOSTACY IN ATHEISM BECOME A CRIME
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
No2Atheism:

WEN DID APOSTACY IN ATHEISM BECOME A CRIME

There has never been APOSTACY in atheism, since it's not a religion, but only an opinion. I just had to attack the poster's sudden "conversion"
BTW, how much voice had he in the atheist circle on NL before he was stopped on his road to damascus?
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by xtopius: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]What does it mean to be a born again Christian?
What does it mean to be a born again Christian? The classic passage from the Bible that answers this question is John 3:1-21. The Lord Jesus Christ is talking to Nicodemus, a prominent Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin (a ruler of the Jews). Nicodemus had come to Jesus at night. Nicodemus had questions to ask Jesus.

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “’I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again’” (John 3:3-7).

The phrase "born again" literally means "born from above." Nicodemus had a real need. He needed a change of his heart—a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

The question logically comes, "Why does a person need to be born again?" The Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:1 says, "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, " (NKJV). To the Romans in Romans 3:23, the Apostle wrote, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So, a person needs to be born again in order to have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

How does that come to be? Ephesians 2:8-9 states, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." When one is "saved," he/she has been born again, spiritually renewed, and is now a child of God by right of new birth. Trusting in Jesus Christ, the One who paid the penalty of sin when He died on the cross, is what it means to be "born again" spiritually. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

If you have never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, will you consider the prompting of the Holy Spirit as He speaks to your heart? You need to be born again. Will you pray the prayer of repentance and become a new creation in Christ today? "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God" (John 1:12-13).

If you want to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and be born again, here is a sample prayer. Remember, saying this prayer or any other prayer will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation. "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness—the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

Have you made a decision for Christ because of what you have read here? If so, please click on the "I have accepted Christ today" button below.

pls read it tongue cool angry
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
sauer:

There has never been APOSTACY in atheism, since it's not a religion, but only an opinion. I just had to attack the poster's sudden "conversion"
BTW, how much voice had he in the atheist circle on NL before he was stopped on his road to damascus?

To know his real religious leanings before "his road to Damascus", read his previous posts. Just click on his user name and click "show the Previous posts" at the bottom of the page.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PastorAIO: 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
sauer:

@poster

In fact this is the case with most Atheists, I believe. It is not so much that they don't believe in God but rather that they are angry with God.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by wirinet(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
Pastor, you are now turning davidistic. How can you know what is in the mind of every atheist? Yes given that some "former atheist" like Banom hinged their brief stint with atheism on anger directed at God for not saving his father, how can you use that as a template for others.

Me on the other hand, i have never been angry at any God, Christian, Muslim or Ifa. I just cant make sense of all the religions. It is as simple as that.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mavenbox: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
@wirinet: Ever since you became an atheist, how many tangible answers to your numerous questions about life have you garnered? Let me answer for you: very few, and they are at best unfounded speculations based on some physically available evidence.

So for once, I have to agree with AIO. Most atheists do not have answers in themselves, they spend most of their time bringing down religion. They do not have the same answers that they keep claiming that followers of religion do not possess.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mrofficial(m): 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2009
gidson12:

which kind topic dey even make front page 4 nairaland, imagine
so this is wat we would be discussing, somebody coming to open a thread
about his religious problem embarassed

Ode, he's a Nairalander.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by elewedu(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
i can not but help rejoice with you, you have finally come out of the dungeon of darkness. its only intelligent fools that do not believe in the existence of god, its beats me to know that there are still people who dont know that to every action there is doer. god is the doer of all the things in the world and thank god you have come to know that.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by swezenberg(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hi Banom,

I'm so happy for you. Don't be swept away by fake religious conflicts and many fake prophets that abound in this country. It will be so surprising that on the last day the likes of you who had once hated Christ would make it. Just follow what kunleOshob advised you to do for now. The Holy Spirit will minister to you. There are many fake churches out there to deceive you while there are few others to help. Watch those churches that are out there for your money. some will try to brainwash you. Let the Bible be your guide and the moment you see any church or teachings contrary to what the bible preaches leave. It is not by force.

Lastly, don't bother to listen to a religion that settles scores by suicide bombing or assassination or a prophet that does not believe in forgiveness other than taking innocent lives. Believe in a God that forgave you your past and is very ready to receive you despite your atrocity and my atrocity. Christ is sweet brother taste him
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by hubreality(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2009
Banom,
          Congratulations for the new Life in Christ, a reality of peace and not the religion therein. In fact I can tell you why some people are atheists;  the stinking politics of religion in the world system that the master kicked against. Make the Holy Spirit your best friend and guide, He is and will always be your best guide. God is Real.

May the good Lord of Hosts, the King of Kings and the Prince of Peace; the Father of spirits bless and guide you in Jesus Name, Amen.

ONE LOVE
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2009
@banom

I haven't received better news in a very long time.

Here's what I have to say - get a Bible and read. Make sure you read. You'll get really close to God and reap the benefits of it when you do that.

God bless you, and have a true merry Christmas.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by donnie(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
Ps. pay special attention to the last two posts before mine. They are full of spiritual wisdom and grace.

Some advice:

Be careful about your former worldly relationships. Redefine your relationship with the following groups:
1.Atheists, 2.Religious Church inspectors/ fault finders even here on nairaland.
They are functioning out of grace and therefore struggle through life. Do not conform to their sinful ways for you have become more than a fellow nairalander but a saviour and a light unto them. Walk in love towards all men.

May the Holyghost annoint you and open your eyes to see your place as a joint-heir and fellow labourer with Christ for the salvation of all men.

Love,

Me.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by sperms: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2009
No winner as always.
why do we give topics like this one so much time?
Nothing better to do with our time (collectively)
Every poster is an authority of some sort,
yet we come together for rubbish like this.
why don't we come together the way Fela Durotoye is leading people to go and paint MUshin?

May i suggest we come together and form a 'teacher union'' or donate a book each and have free libraries where our brothers and sisters have no access to any education?
Any person from any religion is invited, keep your beliefs to yourself and donate a book.(abeg)
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by bawomolo(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2009
mavenbox:

@wirinet: Ever since you became an atheist, how many tangible answers to your numerous questions about life have you garnered? Let me answer for you: very few, and they are at best unfounded speculations based on some physically available evidence.

So for once, I have to agree with AIO. Most atheists do not have answers in themselves, they spend most of their time bringing down religion. They do not have the same answers that they keep claiming that followers of religion do not possess.

Does atheism claim to have answers? no it doesn't.

by the way, religious belief in God is basically speculation too with little or no physically available evidence.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PastorAIO: 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2009
wirinet:

Pastor, you are now turning davidistic. How can you know what is in the mind of every atheist? Yes given that some "former atheist" like Banom hinged their brief stint with atheism on anger directed at God for not saving his father, how can you use that as a template for others.

Me on the other hand, i have never been angry at any God, Christian, Muslim or Ifa. I just cant make sense of all the religions. It is as simple as that.

I didn't say I know what is in the mind of every atheist. I said I 'believe'. I still believe from my chats with all sorts of people that the positions most people take on many issues are determined not consciously but rather by unconscious motivations.

mavenbox:

It's funny that you should agree with me at the one point where you seem to totally misunderstand what I am saying. I'm not talking about having answers. I'm talking about have ulterior motivations for the things you believe. This actually applies to theists as much as it applies to atheists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mavenbox: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2009
@AIO: No, your deduction is wrong. I said I agree with you, then I gave MY OWN perspective. I never said my conclusion is based on what I agree with you about.

@Bawomolo: I was talking to wirinet. We have been having a series of conversations across various threads so wirinet knows my perspective. I was proving a point that (s)he has failed to rebut, or else is yet to do so.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by sexyLeamon(f): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2009
@poster, thank God for you jare, hope you wouldn't pull back out.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by banom(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
sexyLeamon:

@poster, thank God for you jare, hope you wouldn't pull back out.

Thanks, I hope i can now marry you ?
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2009

Any person from any religion is invited, keep your beliefs to yourself and donate a book.(abeg)

Do you realize it's the religion section? There's Education, where you can talk about books. But if we can't talk about our beliefs here, I wonder what we're supposed to talk about.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by PapaBrowne(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Why did someone(most likely a moderator) take the pain to edit my post and destroy the essence of my article? Or is it a robot  that has removed the word m.other from the religious section.

This is unfair and irresponsible especially coming from a moderator.

The culprit  or the robot took out the word M.other  and  that essentially leaves my article meaningless.
Please read through my post and help me understand why anyone or even a robot would want to destroy the essence of what I wrote. I don't get it.

Doctored version

@Wirinet

Let me give you a slight analogy.
Imagine for one moment a set of twins in their 's womb.

One twin says : "Hey, we have a [/b]. She is responsible for all that we are. We exist because she allowed some guy somewhere between her legs.We are alive because she eats and drinks. She cares so much for us that she goes regularly to a guy called doctor for something called ante-natal".
"Sometimes I hear her speak to us. She calls us babies. She loves us so much that she would do anything for us.
She says we give her joy. I hear it. She keeps thinking about us every moment".

The other twin replies. "What are you talking about. You are just imagining things. There is nothing like . Have you ever seen her? If you say she speaks to us, how come I never hear her? Hey fella, I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses. I wouldn't waste my time thinking about some   that you've just imagined up".
"If truly we have a , why can't she come get us out of this blood soaked tight sac that we've been locked up in since conception".

Twin one says": If only you understood you wouldn't speak like this. She loves us so much that she is going to endure the most grueling pain of her life just to get us out of here. It won't be long, we would be out of here in her arms, free to move around and at the same time feel her love.
She would give us bosom to suck, food to eat, she would bathe us and put us to bed. So much love she would give to us.

The other twin: All this your talk looks too good to be true. However, I only believe in things I see. I don't see a , So I know I don't have one. I'll rather wait till that 9 months you keep talking about is over, then maybe I'll believe.

This analogy gives you a perfect picture on our relationship with God. You don't have to see to believe. The mere fact that a baby can't see or feel the presence of it's  doesn't mean the  doesn't exist.
For me, I know for sure that I didn't make my digestive system, neither did I do anything to ensure that my lungs process oxygen. I know for sure that it has all been regulated by my creator.

Hey Atheists, we all know atheism is a ruse and it exists solely because God exists. If believers in God are wrong, then there should be no need for such a thing as atheism.

Original version

@Wirinet

Let me give you a slight analogy.
Imagine for one moment a set of twins in their [b]M.other's womb.[/b]

One twin says : "Hey, we have a M.other. She is responsible for all that we are. We exist because she allowed some guy somewhere between her legs. We are alive because she eats and drinks. She cares so much for us that she goes regularly to a guy called doctor for something called ante-natal"."Sometimes I hear her speak to us. She calls us babies. She loves us so much that she would do anything for us.
She says we give her joy. I hear it. She keeps thinking about us every moment".

The other twin replies. "What are you talking about. You are just imagining things. There is nothing like M.other. Have you ever seen her? If you say she speaks to us, how come I never hear her? Hey fella, I am on the side of "what you see, is what you get" No hidden charges or bonuses. I wouldn't waste my time thinking about some [/b] that you've just imagined up".
"If truly we have a [b]M.other
, why can't she come get us out of this blood soaked tight sac that we've been locked up in since conception".

Twin one says": If only you understood you wouldn't speak like this. She loves us so much that she is going to endure the most grueling pain of her life just to get us out of here. It won't be long, we would be out of here in her arms, free to move around and at the same time feel her love.
She would give us b.reast to suck, food to eat, she would bathe us and put us to bed. So much love she would give to us.

The other twin: All this your talk looks too good to be true. However, I only believe in things I see. I don't see a M.other, So I know I don't have one. I'll rather wait till that 9 months you keep talking about is over, then maybe I'll believe.

This analogy gives you a perfect picture on our relationship with God. You don't have to see to believe. The mere fact that a baby can't see or feel the presence of it's M.other  doesn't mean she doesn't exist.
For me, I know for sure that I didn't make my digestive system, neither did I do anything to ensure that my lungs process oxygen. I know for sure that it has all been regulated by my creator.

Hey Atheists, we all know atheism is a ruse and it exists solely because God exists. If believers in God are wrong, then there should be no need for such a thing as atheism.
Re: I Denounce Atheism, I Am Now A Born Again Christian. by mavenbox: 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2009
@PapaBrowne: Chill, sir. You can read this thread, particularly this post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=362189.msg5061390#msg5061390
and you will find out that m.other has been censored all over Nairaland. I think its a new censor script that has not yet been fully configured. There have been many complaints. Your case is just very interesting cos your post had to deal with a M.OTHER in particular.

It wasn't a moderator or anything to do with the religion threads. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Origin of Na.kedness / White House Asked Georgetown To Cover Cross For Obama Speech / Adeboye Declares ‘war’ On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.