Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? (36985 Views)

Help I Think I've Been Exposed / "I've Got The Most Pointed Bre@st Anyone Could Ever Imagine" (photos) / "I Regret Wasting My University Being A Virgin, Each Time I've Orgasm" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
Tominiola:

I don't think that is a good idea...
lipsrsealedprolly not. Some1 finally told MD what the issues was about.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by cayesworld(m): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

It's as if you read my mind. I honestly feel I'm his back up plan at this point.

Same thoughts here. I feel he's considering the possibility of you guys being together. . . .but it doesn't strike me like you're his 1st option.

You've stated repeatedly that he knows how you feel. The only reason most guys won't make a move on a girl that is obviously attracted to them is cos they don't feel the same way.

U think your best option is to move on, but who knows.....Whatever decision you make, I wish you the best.

PS
You write really well......such a breath of fresh air.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Emtol01: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
From ur narrations, you both love each other but the love he has for you is not that of marriage. You've been together for many years now and he hasn't propose to you, wait, for how many more years do u think you have to spend together before he proposes? I don't think he wants you for marriage. Sit him down and sort things out. there is nothing bad in you asking him out.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by mecussey(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:
Hi guys. I'm in an emotional dilemma and I think the pressure of yet another Valentine's day without a boo is getting to me. Please as much as my write up might piss you off, please try not to insult me. I'm trying to avoid a total meltdown. Thanks in advance.

So there's this guy, we've been very close friends for six years now. There has always been romantic feelings on my part and I used to have the tiniest bit of hope that it was mutual. This was until he started dating a mutual friend. What hurt the most was that he tried to hide it from me despite our closeness. He claims it wasn't his idea though.

Let's just say I borrowed myself brain after that or so I thought. I started avoiding him as much as I could but he wouldn't let me be. He eventually asked me point blank if I liked him and after much beating about the bush, I answered in the affirmative. Apparently, other friends of ours had had to call his attention to my crush on him cos dude was clueless, "according to him". I asked him if he felt the same way and he told me that I was like a little sister to him. Alas, I was sister-zoned. Note that the age gap between us is barely more than a year. He told me he wouldn't lose me as a friend because I was special. Why wouldn't he just let me go?
Fast forward to a year+, he broke up with the mutual friend though I remained friends with both of them. I had nothing to do with the break up o. I was more comfortable rekindling our close friendship then since there was no longer a conflict of interest. It took me almost two years to get over him so at that time, my heart had moved on to other prospective guys.

Years down the line, I had to change locations to another state. It was one he was familiar with and had and still has a lot of business dealings in. Let's just say I still get to see him a lot.

We both dated other people. I got badly burnt by my ex and he was there for me. The tough love kind. As we spoke about my ex, that was when it hit me. This guy has always and probably will always have my back. I felt so comfortable sharing details with him. I knew then that I missed him a lot. I've been wondering what could have been between us ever since then. In fact, I started referring to him as my best friend. I know it's only a matter of time before it's necessary to let go of that bond tho. He's gone get married to his true bestie one day.

The thing now his, he's changed a bit. I know this because we've been friends a long time and I know him well. The calls have been more frequent, longer, etc. He always tries to see me when he can, same with me. This has got me wondering if this is the way normal friendships between the opposite sex are. He now says things like, "You're this and that and it's probably why you have an issue with XX. You do the same to me but I've come to accept it, there's nothing I can do about it". I interpreted this as him sticking with me flaws and all.
At one of our discussions, he told me he would love to marry someone he's known for a long time and he used us as an example. I went on the defensive immediately and told him I couldn't marry him. That bothered him a lot and he didn't stop until he pressed me for a reason. I threw his question back in his face and asked him if he could marry me and he said yes. I pushed harder and asked if he would marry me (not as a proposal lol), he laughed about this. I eventually told him I couldn't marry him cos he hasn't proposed to me and I cannot propose to him. When he tried to form, "so you'll marry me if I ask you to", I just asked to drop the topic totally.

I know I'm supposed to be elated but instead I'm hurt. I feel like I've been emotionally played and I'm still being played in my best years. How can he do this now? Does he know how much it cost me to try to get over him the first time? Apparently, I never fully succeeded. He's toying with my emotions again and I believe he knows that. I wanted to remind him that he sister-zoned me but I held back. I can't do this again guys. Please, I just can't.
Do you think he now has romantic feelings for me but he's deliberately holding back. Do you think he's trying to give me hints? I'm tempted to shut this friendship down totally. I can't go through this heartbreak again. It hurt the first time and I'm sure it'll hurt more this time. I know shutting down this friendship will be like a break up for me cos he's been such a huge part of my life but I think that's the only way I can truly get over him. I may or may not tell him but I plan to gradually withdraw. No calls, no texts, until he gets the memo. I really need to heal cos my relationship with him has indirectly affected other relationships I have. I'm falling madly in love with him again and I need it to stop.

So guys, please should I let go now or should I hold on to a little hope that he comes around based on his recent actions.?

U write so well, ...when it comes to love, there is nothing u can do about it than to continue to be in love or take the bold step. Hanging around or quiting should be your choice not anybody's. Just trust your instinct.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Fourwinds: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Sapphire86:
I read your write-up and can understand your pain. That being said, you are gonna have to put on your big girl panties and have the difficult discussion with him which you are probably dreading & be prepared to walk.

Also... if he wants you, let him fight for you. Men don't often appreciate what's right in front of them till they have to work for it (but form with sense oooo).

All in all, its time for sink or swim moment joor & if it doesn't work out, God will see that you have the opening to receive your own man!!
pls I will like to know d size of big girl panties
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by thunderbabs: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
I just finished reading a comprehension.

Answer the following questions carefully.

Where are the questions?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by sekem: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
I remember when i used to toy with ladies emotions

The thing dey sweet ehhh

Come see as the babe go dey Cry ehhh

Well, I'm glad that time has now passed

Wait a minute...

I still dey do am

And the thing still dey sweeet ehhh

Come see as baby dey Cry ehhhh
tongue
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen, I understand your dilemma and I know how tough it can be to let go.

Think of it this way, the only thing stopping you from meeting that guy who will treat you like a queen are your feelings for this guy who really isn't into you.

No matter how long you wait for him, he'll never be that much into you. He'll only come to realise what a fool he was to have let you go only when you've gone and not before.

Do yourself a huge favour and disappear from his life and start the process of cleansing him from your system, because until you do that, you will always compare every man you meet to him and you may even miss out marrying the man destined to love "all" of you by pining over that loser.

Move on girl, he doesn't deserve your love. It's too precious to be wasted. Don't waste it.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by edrys(m): 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
Been Friends is different from been in a relationship. Do you think you can be good friends if the relationship doesn't work out? As a man, I'd rather be afraid of losing a good friend than a heart break. They are some bounds that does not need to be tampered with. Its rare to get a soulmate that will be your life partner.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Aragon: 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
LeView:
Life is simple we just complicate things.

Instead of having a relationship with him in your head you could just speak to him. All this we are so close crap yet you can't tell him what's important. Lol! Us women are soo crazy! I love where you blamed him for doing something he doesn't even know he is doing! When will we quit this victim card we pull out whenever we are emotionally confused! Tell the man what's eating you up! Tell him with a smile that you need a little space to clear your head because your friendship is making you feel a connection that might not be there.

Ps for future reference! Men and women who are attracted to each other can never be friends! Maybe If there were no feelings especially from you because you are the one who complicated things here by befriending a man you love.

Stop being a coward if he's such a great friend he will understand. Although your relationship /friendship sounds a bit fake. Anyway, do the right thing and not the easy thing that's my advice to you.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Aragon: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:
Hi guys. I'm in an emotional dilemma and I think the pressure of yet another Valentine's day without a boo is getting to me. Please as much as my write up might piss you off, please try not to insult me. I'm trying to avoid a total meltdown. Thanks in advance.

So there's this guy, we've been very close friends for six years now. There has always been romantic feelings on my part and I used to have the tiniest bit of hope that it was mutual. This was until he started dating a mutual friend. What hurt the most was that he tried to hide it from me despite our closeness. He claims it wasn't his idea though.

Let's just say I borrowed myself brain after that or so I thought. I started avoiding him as much as I could but he wouldn't let me be. He eventually asked me point blank if I liked him and after much beating about the bush, I answered in the affirmative. Apparently, other friends of ours had had to call his attention to my crush on him cos dude was clueless, "according to him". I asked him if he felt the same way and he told me that I was like a little sister to him. Alas, I was sister-zoned. Note that the age gap between us is barely more than a year. He told me he wouldn't lose me as a friend because I was special. Why wouldn't he just let me go?
Fast forward to a year+, he broke up with the mutual friend though I remained friends with both of them. I had nothing to do with the break up o. I was more comfortable rekindling our close friendship then since there was no longer a conflict of interest. It took me almost two years to get over him so at that time, my heart had moved on to other prospective guys.

Years down the line, I had to change locations to another state. It was one he was familiar with and had and still has a lot of business dealings in. Let's just say I still get to see him a lot.

We both dated other people. I got badly burnt by my ex and he was there for me. The tough love kind. As we spoke about my ex, that was when it hit me. This guy has always and probably will always have my back. I felt so comfortable sharing details with him. I knew then that I missed him a lot. I've been wondering what could have been between us ever since then. In fact, I started referring to him as my best friend. I know it's only a matter of time before it's necessary to let go of that bond tho. He's gone get married to his true bestie one day.

The thing now his, he's changed a bit. I know this because we've been friends a long time and I know him well. The calls have been more frequent, longer, etc. He always tries to see me when he can, same with me. This has got me wondering if this is the way normal friendships between the opposite sex are. He now says things like, "You're this and that and it's probably why you have an issue with XX. You do the same to me but I've come to accept it, there's nothing I can do about it". I interpreted this as him sticking with me flaws and all.
At one of our discussions, he told me he would love to marry someone he's known for a long time and he used us as an example. I went on the defensive immediately and told him I couldn't marry him. That bothered him a lot and he didn't stop until he pressed me for a reason. I threw his question back in his face and asked him if he could marry me and he said yes. I pushed harder and asked if he would marry me (not as a proposal lol), he laughed about this. I eventually told him I couldn't marry him cos he hasn't proposed to me and I cannot propose to him. When he tried to form, "so you'll marry me if I ask you to", I just asked to drop the topic totally.

I know I'm supposed to be elated but instead I'm hurt. I feel like I've been emotionally played and I'm still being played in my best years. How can he do this now? Does he know how much it cost me to try to get over him the first time? Apparently, I never fully succeeded. He's toying with my emotions again and I believe he knows that. I wanted to remind him that he sister-zoned me but I held back. I can't do this again guys. Please, I just can't.
Do you think he now has romantic feelings for me but he's deliberately holding back. Do you think he's trying to give me hints? I'm tempted to shut this friendship down totally. I can't go through this heartbreak again. It hurt the first time and I'm sure it'll hurt more this time. I know shutting down this friendship will be like a break up for me cos he's been such a huge part of my life but I think that's the only way I can truly get over him. I may or may not tell him but I plan to gradually withdraw. No calls, no texts, until he gets the memo. I really need to heal cos my relationship with him has indirectly affected other relationships I have. I'm falling madly in love with him again and I need it to stop.

So guys, please should I let go now or should I hold on to a little hope that he comes around based on his recent actions.?

The Craziest part of this is, you are very Comfortable telling Total Strangers (Us) all these, but you couldnt tell it to someone you called a good friend? You wasted so many Years beating around the Bush hiding something (your Feelings) and yet you want us to believe you truly care about this guy? I have seen girls that truly Love and care about Guys, they break with norms of Society, Go after the guy! Spill their hearts out and Win the Love they so desire. So you might want to excuse me if I say your description or story is just Childish Puppy Love! And whenever you deside to grow up, you will go after him if you truly Love him, and not only going after him, you will also Win him over by pouring your Heart out with this very story you just told us. Worst case Scenerio, he will say NO! and then you will know for 100% and then move on with your life

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Jesusgirl92(f): 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
Henrolla:

I'm a guy and i've been in his shoes b4. Any smart guy knows when a lady is in love with him. and it only takes the grace of God not to take advantage of her feelings cos that's what an average guy would do. u should try to bring ur feelings under control and not move faster than the guy cos u can't force the proposal question out of his mouth. you're the Lady here, so be wise.
If he wants you, he should say it himself. don't let him get so much into you else you might find it difficult to recover if he never comes up with the question.
Above all, u need the direction the Holy Spirit to avoid mistakes in life. if you have no relationship with him, i can help you with that. if u do, seek his face. he's such a caring and loving friend.
SHALOM!
Best advice ever.... Girl... Do as he says

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by enoch273: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2017
Bae you are so on point, you said it point blank, this here is a woman with virtue not those skanky ass mediocre that goes around with expensive fake hair and can't afford their lunch, form queens English but their skull is empty.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by enoch273: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
Sapphire86:
I read your write-up and can understand your pain. That being said, you are gonna have to put on your big girl panties and have the difficult discussion with him which you are probably dreading & be prepared to walk.

Also... if he wants you, let him fight for you. Men don't often appreciate what's right in front of them till they have to work for it (but form with sense oooo).

All in all, its time for sink or swim moment joor & if it doesn't work out, God will see that you have the opening to receive your own man!!

Bae you are so on point, you said it point blank, this here is a woman with virtue not those skanky ass mediocre that goes around with expensive fake hair and can't afford their lunch, form queens English but their skull is empty.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by CHIMSKY(m): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

"A woman must marry the one who loves her and not the one she loves."
Mariama Ba in 'So long a letter.'
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by yuslik(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
LeView:
Life is simple we just complicate things.

Instead of having a relationship with him in your head you could just speak to him. All this we are so close crap yet you can't tell him what's important. Lol! Us women are soo crazy! I love where you blamed him for doing something he doesn't even know he is doing! When will we quit this victim card we pull out whenever we are emotionally confused! Tell the man what's eating you up! Tell him with a smile that you need a little space to clear your head because your friendship is making you feel a connection that might not be there.

Ps for future reference! Men and women who are attracted to each other can never be friends! Maybe If there were no feelings especially from you because you are the one who complicated things here by befriending a man you love.

Stop being a coward if he's such a great friend he will understand. Although your relationship /friendship sounds a bit fake. Anyway, do the right thing and not the easy thing that's my advice to you.

Babe sense dey live near your house. Best comment i have read here!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by OCTAVO: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
Babe, stay away from that dude if you want my sincere advice!!! He's only playing with your emotions and you are playing along as well. Guys are like this sometimes, he doesn't dig into you the way you dig into him, that's the fact! Believe me, he may have another chick elsewhere, if he kept the previous relationship from you, he can do it again and again. Brace up and move on. If he values you, he's gonna come after you. Fear any man that stays long around you and refuses to ask you out, they'll successfully prevent others from asking you out as well. Stop wasting your time my dear!
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Sapphire86(f): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
Fourwinds:
pls I will like to know d size of big girl panties

grin grin grin cheesy grin you can ask op her size

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Sapphire86(f): 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
enoch273:

Thank you very much for such kind words.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Henrolla(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Best advice ever.... Girl... Do as he says

Thanks ma'am. looks like we share similar perspective.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Umennajiego(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
That's how they keep falling for vision-less guys...Any one you talk to dey will refuse and hang on to those that don't care....lubish.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Genea(f): 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
Aderola15:
Phewwww....... Read the whole writeup but it has to do with love, gat nothing to say. embarassed undecided

Benita27, Hateu2, Lawlahdey and Genea comman epp our sister. angry smiley

Whatever decision you make Izen, love yourself more. kiss wink kiss
warriz my own undecided
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by PNEUMA0001: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

THIS STUFF HAPPENS ITS NOT A BIG DEAL IT PROBABLY HAS HAPPENED TO ALOT READING THIS RIGHT NOW HOW TO HANDLE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CHALLENGE BUT ITS SIMPLE. ASK HIM SINCERELY WHAT HE WANTS FROM YOU THATS IS IF YOU ARE NOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO DRAG HIM TO THE ALTAR. TRUST ME THE TWO OF YOU WILL BE FINE IF YOU DO. ITS ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS. IF YOU LOSE HIM YOU WILL REGRET IT MOST. IT WILL BE HARD TO FIND A GUY WITH SUCH FEELINGS FOR YOU. THE TRUTH IS HE IS OVERWHELMED BY HIS FEELING FOR YOU TO PROPOSE OFFICIALLY. GUYS DONT LIKE TO AGREE THEY ARE IN LOVE OR THAT THEY FALL IN LOVE. DRAG HIM TO THE ALTAR FAST ELSE ONE SHARP BABE AND EX OLOSHO WILL GRAB HIM. ITS A CASE OF TWO CULTURED INDIVIDUALS FALLING IN LOVE WHICH REAR.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by yinnocent32: 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
are you serious?
PNEUMA0001:

THIS STUFF HAPPENS ITS NOT A BIG DEAL IT PROBABLY HAS HAPPENED TO ALOT READING THIS RIGHT NOW HOW TO HANDLE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CHALLENGE BUT ITS SIMPLE. ASK HIM SINCERELY WHAT HE WANTS FROM YOU THATS IS IF YOU ARE NOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO DRAG HIM TO THE ALTAR. TRUST ME THE TWO OF YOU WILL BE FINE IF YOU DO. ITS ABOUT YOUR HAPPINESS. IF YOU LOSE HIM YOU WILL REGRET IT MOST. IT WILL BE HARD TO FIND A GUY WITH SUCH FEELINGS FOR YOU. THE TRUTH IS HE IS OVERWHELMED BY HIS FEELING FOR YOU TO PROPOSE OFFICIALLY. GUYS DONT LIKE TO AGREE THEY ARE IN LOVE OR THAT THEY FALL IN LOVE. DRAG HIM TO THE ALTAR FAST ELSE ONE SHARP BABE AND EX OLOSHO WILL GRAB HIM. ITS A CASE OF TWO CULTURED INDIVIDUALS FALLING IN LOVE WHICH REAR.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by 2plus2: 12:01am On Feb 08, 2017
Izen:

So are you saying it is possible to want to hang out with a female friend, call her a lot, chat with her and all without a tiny bit of feelings attached?

Yes!
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by oluwashola4me(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2017
1bkaye:
This
huh?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 08, 2017
oluwashola4me:
huh?
Cosigning/agreeing with what you said
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by 2plus2: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2017
Raxxye:
I'm just impressed with your command of English and near-perfect spellings and tenses. Good job!
As for the story, I'm not an expert at advising on matters of the heart. I believe justice has been done to that by now by the good people in here(I am yet to read the comments).
I just have this thing for brilliant girls!

**edited**
I've now read the comments and there are quite a handful of good ones.
I also think you are the guy's backup and that you should give him space and let him come for you if he really wants you.
I'm outta here!

Yeah, I share your opinion. Brilliant girls do magical things to the mind. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by BraniacX(m): 1:42am On Feb 08, 2017
AfterEarth:
Babe .. The thing tire me.

I'm just going through comments .. With that I'll know what the OP was actually insinuating ..

Between .. @OP don't ask me for any relationship advice because I'm single and I promote breakups .. smiley

#OyaTakeKiss kiss

I love that! I will like to break up with you, but first, we gotta have something to break innit?
cheesy
What say you?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by AfterEarth(f): 1:45am On Feb 08, 2017
BraniacX:

I love that! I will like to break up with you, but first, we gotta have something to break innit?
cheesy
What say you?
I don't get @bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is My Girlfriend Cheating? / See The Replies A Man Got After Advising Men Against Marrying Women Above 30 / Uyi Ogbebor Shares Romantic Pre-Wedding Photos As He Is Set To Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.