Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? (37033 Views)

Help I Think I've Been Exposed / "I've Got The Most Pointed Bre@st Anyone Could Ever Imagine" (photos) / "I Regret Wasting My University Being A Virgin, Each Time I've Orgasm" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by rottennaija(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
marshalcarter:
who wan read all dis one naa

cnt you summarize undecided

poster below me... say sumtin reasonable

She has summarised that much, read it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by temitope06(m): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
D
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ibietela2(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
Girls sha,

Blaming a guy for what he doesn't know he is doing

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
AfterEarth:
Babe .. The thing tire me.

I'm just going through comments .. With that I'll know what the OP was actually insinuating ..

Between .. @OP don't ask me for any relationship advice because I'm single and I promote breakups .. smiley

#OyaTakeKiss kiss

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by princefaculty(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
Too bad, the dude is in love with you but wouldn't open up coz of the longtime sister-brother relationship you guys have built and it's quite unfortunate that you you may see toasting him as a lady as an abnormally. It may be also be that he's too timid at toasting ladies as that was partially confirmed in the relationship he entered with your mutual friend which he said wasn't his idea.

I also observed that he derives pleasure in getting you too attached and hurting you later on, if you guys can talk it out intimately you may arrive at the desired destination coz I'm sure breaking away may not work out as he's hell bent on keeping you yet not able to voice his feeling out. But if you two wouldn't talk it out intimately then you rather talk keeping your distance out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by kennyjam: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
this looks like my story....... I hope you're not the person @ IZEN.......Did u call me today....? kiss
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
Aderola15:
Phewwww....... Read the whole writeup but it has to do with love, gat nothing to say. embarassed undecided

Benita27, Hateu2, Lawlahdey TonyeBarcanista and Genea comman epp our sister. angry smiley

Whatever decision you make Izen, love yourself more. kiss wink kiss
You just mentioned me..

So what kind of help should I give to her?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
kennyjam:
this looks like my story....... I hope you're not the person @ IZEN.......Did u call me today....? kiss

Your comment made me laugh out loud. Lool no. I didn't call you today but it was nice of you to try.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ibietela2(m): 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

But I'm not forming na. He knows I like him. Do you want me to ask him out ni? I can't do that na.

What's wrong in asking him out? Oh wait he won't value you?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Toshiba49ja(m): 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
ibietela2:
Girls sha,

Blaming a guy for what he doesn't know he is doing

He doesn't know?

As if u know d guy in question....
Abi na ur bro

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2017
princefaculty:
Too bad, the dude is in love with you but wouldn't open up coz of the longtime sister-brother relationship you guys have built and it's quite unfortunate that you you may see toasting him as a lady as an abnormally. It may be also be that he's too timid at toasting ladies as that was partially confirmed in the relationship he entered with your mutual friend which he said wasn't his idea.

I also observed that he derives pleasure in getting you too attached and hurting you later on, if you guys can talk it out intimately you may arrive at the desired destination coz I'm sure breaking away may not work out as he's hell bent on keeping you yet not able to voice his feeling out. But if you two wouldn't talk it out intimately then you rather talk keeping your distance out

Hmmm..... All your observations seem on point. Someone advised me to send him this link, do you think it's a good idea?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
ibietela2:

What's wrong in asking him out? Oh wait he won't value you?

Ah.... Someone that has told me I'm like a sister to him?? I no fit abeg.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by yinnocent32: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
i can feel ur pain and i know it is not easy
becos exactly same happen with my ex while we were dating and finally lead to our breaking up...
telling the guy everything, including her most darkest deepest secret...
she always brings up the marriage issue with him...(those are wat i read from her whatsapp)

as a man i knew the guy didn't love her anymore.
{i talk to her and advice her like a sister, and told her she could just date the guy instead of them talking about how they are fucking/treating other... She told me he was her secondary bf and she obviously still hard feelings for him but not sure how he feels}..
i went to the extend of meeting n talking with the guy becos i really wanted to settle down with her... and ask him if he was going to marry or even date her...

Just like someone said, a guy that is attracted to you will not leave you on a friendzone especially after knowing about your feeling.
i wonder how you guys talk about fucking other people n other dirty talk...in the name of love/friendship with no secret,, n still expect the guy to b crazy about u...(i mean isn't that suppose to be guys talk...girls talk)

at the end i let her go, no matter how much i loved her....

what i learnt from situation like this is that, the truth will be staring you in the face but your feelings would not let you accept it..

Moral lesson: Love is not an excuse to be foolish,

#MyTwoCent
and
[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by grunerite: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
showmeurpenis:
Blah blah bah
Have you seen his _penis
Hmmm,.... kiss[quote author=showmeurpenis
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
specter:
Obviously getting stuck on a ship that may never sail is not a good way to go, and gwtting the ship to sail out of pity is even worse cos it might not withstand the temprous storm of the sea.

What I have said thus is simple. Hoping he will change his mind and do the right thing which is make his innermost intentions known to you as to wife you might not work as you might either get burnt or get him to marry you out of pity or the fear of losing the great friendship you both enjoy which might just not stand the thunderous storms marriages face cos he never really said I do with all his heart.
Having said that, I quite understand your precarious dilemma.
My advise thus is take your chance the Prophet Nathan and David way.
Tell him a well embellished story currently happening to a friend, a workmate, or anybody. Perhaps an enemy and act as if you are gloating over it and ask for his sincere advise or comments.
Be wise enough to paint it in such a way he would never understand, you sure know him better than I do.

Again, if he is the type that loves happy hour, give him a treat with a litttle bit overboard alcohol. Like its said"when alcohol goes in, truth comes out easily".
The whole essence is to know his genuine intentions without getting him to wife you out of pity when he is not sincerely convinced you are the one.
Just be careful dear. [b]All the best and pls seek the face of the Lord in all you do. [/b]cheers

Dude is too smart and we're too close for that. He'll read me one time. Your last sentence, I'm holding on to that. Thanks a lot.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

Dude is too smart and we're too close for that. He'll read me one time. Your last sentence, I'm holding on to that. Thanks a lot.

Don't waste your time on this advise why you should go the extra mile to get someone to declare his feelings for you, how would you know if he's dating you out of pity or sheer interest.. do you want to live knowing the only reason you're going out is because you pushed it.

Madam give the boy this weed and tell him to go home. (to be honest, just looking for excuse to use this weed pix) grin

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
The guy OP has fallen in love with, is a very cool guy who knows what he wants. This is how it supposed to be.

Girls should work hard to get guys like us. grin
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
Kfed4ril:

My sister to be honest with you, that guy will end up been your husband. Do you think if he wants to marry he will marry any of those girls he dated? NO
Just try again to remove your mind totally from loving the guy and let faith take it's course. But I'm telling you, out of all the ladies in his life you have a higher chance.

Are you a soothsayer? You're telling me this with so much confidence. Have you seen this happen before?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by DemonMonkey7(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
if talk is cheap then advice is free.
let me warn you honesty that it is easy to talk yourself into doing somthing that is wrong and which you would later regret, Absolve the black past by a spotless present and go for what truely makes you happy...#HonestOpinon!.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by BabaCommander: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
oluwashola4me:
...Do you think he now has romantic feelings for me but he's deliberately holding back. Do you think he's trying to give me hints? I'm tempted to shut this friendship down totally. I can't go through this heartbreak again. It hurt the first time and I'm sure it'll hurt more this time. I know shutting down this friendship will be like a break up for me cos he's been such a huge part of my life but I think that's the only way I can truly get over him. I may or may not tell him but I plan to gradually withdraw. No calls, no texts, until he gets the memo. I really need to heal cos my relationship with him has indirectly affected other relationships I have. I'm falling madly in love with him again and I need it to stop.

Please, you need to cut all ties with him ASAP.
It's obvious he doesn't see you as his potential significant half; despite everything you feel for him.

Also, from your narration, I deduced that your love for him has spanned many years, which points that you ain't longer a kid, so GET OVER HIM!

My comments on Nairaland are so few, I only comment on seldom occasions; but I was intrigued by your experience, and I feel your pain.

Take heart!

Get over him ke? Dude, that's easier said than done.
From her story, i seems the dude actually likes her but something she's not aware of is holding him back.
I have a feeling it's something that has to do with a physical feature.
@Izen, listen, this is the 21 century, not the stone age when women are expected to die in silence that told a man she love him and want to live with him. The fact that you have had feelings for him for 6 years now is enough to convince me that your love for him is true. That said, i noticed you are not thinking of hurting him, you are only trying to get yourself from being hurt again. While it good to build a fence to protect your heart, you must realise that when you fence others out, you fence yourself in. My point here is that you should not build a small wall in your heart which will not give you enough space to express yourself. Love without fear, with all your heart and enjoy it while it lasts. Call him and have a heart to heart discussion with him. Tell him you are sure he knows how much you loved since you know him and you know he loves you too. Then asked him to be honest with you and tell you what has been holding him back all these years even when he was/is unattached. Listen patiently to his answer and observe read his body language, as he would not like to hurt you. Whatever his response is (except he insults or humiliate you), tell him you two are now officially dating. Pick your phone and call two mutual friends to break the news to them right there in his presence. If he reacts angrily, it will be clear to you that he has no feelings for you and will never consider your feelings. If he keeps his cool, and let allows you to tell mutual friends that you two are now dating.... congratulations and enjoy your love.

Note, If you try to move on the way you are planning now, you will never get over him. And if your future relationship does not go well, you will live your whole life thinking him and what would have been between you two. The only way to completely rid yourself of him is to see his dark side. You need to see through his heart whether he has respect for your feelings.
And please don't tell me about the shame if he refuses and decides to start telling everyone you begged him to f**k you. It's better you feel that shame now, than to live your whole life thinking of someone who does think much about you. It will be a wasted life.
Izen, you need to sought yourself out and you have to act now.
Best wishes from Baba Commander

6 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
iPopAlomo:
@Izen...

I hope you get to see this... Our stories are similar... Just that i'm a guy and you a girl...

Long story short... I wasn't sure for 8-9 years until one of her toasters called her my wife in front of me... It was that day i told her how i truly felt...

We prolly would be doing sister and brother from another mother this year if something didn't trigger my feelings that i tried hard not to show...

She's my best friend and future wife and by God's grace our introduction is this year...

Long and short of it... Jealousy can be put to good use if channelled correctly...

An alomo popper found love... It's unbelieveable... Yeah... But i did...

Hope you read this and know what to do.

I should make him jealous?
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by 2Brains1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

Hmmm......Errmmm....... Can I ask you why you didn't say anything? Did you know she liked you all the while?

as for me what I think is u have to try dating some other guy n let him know DAT u re seeing someone else... he has to fight for u, becos if he doesn't fight for u Dis love will be one-sided. so make him work.. still give him some subtle signs oh but make him work to deepen his love...

we guys always want what we worked for..

another thing is guys are attracted by what they see... you have seen his girlfriends so u prolly know his taste ... re y close to his taste?? I mean physically??

my opinion tho..
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
DeeTus:
The guy OP has fallen in love with, is a very cool guy who knows what he wants. This is how it supposed to be.

Girls should work hard to get guys like us. grin

You're very funny......Lmaooo grin grin
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by blesoh(f): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
magabounce:
You know!!!!
It's pretty simple!!!
I sister zoned a friend for 5 years!!
She came out plain and said Omang I love you!! I would like us to date!!!
We 2 years now and waxing stronger!!!
Trust ur guts!!!
2years? When are you guys gonna graduate wink
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ibietela2(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

I just don't want to be forward because;
1. I have been honest with him in the past. About 5 years ago. I recall how that one turned out.
2. I know he's not a fan of being pushed cos he gists me about other girls.
He's been single for more than a year and I broke up with my ex almost a year ago.

5yrs ago and he hasn't forgotten what you told him?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Izen: 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
I think you should stop making that assumption/ excuse. He might know you have feelings for him but nothing is better than being explicit therefore You really really need to talk to him about your feelings again. Just tell him you still have feelings for him no matter how much the outcome scares you and if he still doesn't return your feelings, tell him you can't be friends anymore and cut off all contact with him. You should stop languishing in the emotional prison you put yourself in and set your soul free.

Most people here have advised me to let him know once again. This really scares me but I guess getting hurt now is better than postponing the evil day.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ibietela2(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:

Ah.... Someone that has told me I'm like a sister to him?? I no fit abeg.

5yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ibietela2(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Toshiba49ja:

He doesn't know?

As if u know d guy in question....
Abi na ur bro

Hmmm
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by adenlemmanuel: 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
The truth is,...this guy loves you and enjoys your company, ofcourse he want to marry you.

But seems like he is having some standards you are not fulfilling to his satisfaction, something he sees in you is holding him back.

what could that be? .....Try and find out.

Clues for you,

-Could it be that your age is too close to his (yes, some guys prefer like 3 -4 yrs differences)
-it may have something to do with your families on both side(I'm sure he knows your family by now) and the funny thing is you guys may not even be talking about it.
-The fear of not being able to give you the life you deserve, I mean is he gainfully employed?

just a few I can think of for now

but I am so sure this guy has his fear for holding back, he probably want to marry an angel that explains his reason for sampling here and there but it seems you are still the brightest start so he will always come home back to you.

Pls talk about his fears**...identify it and let him deal with it

Trust me,....if it hurts once, it may hurt again.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by ncoolsome(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2017
yeah I feel there's a bond between d two of u...have u guys had sex or something close to it
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by Moisugarr: 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2017
Izen:
Hi guys. I'm in an emotional dilemma and I think the pressure of yet another Valentine's day without a boo is getting to me. Please as much as my write up might piss you off, please try not to insult me. I'm trying to avoid a total meltdown. Thanks in advance.

So there's this guy, we've been very close friends for six years now. There has always been romantic feelings on my part and I used to have the tiniest bit of hope that it was mutual. This was until he started dating a mutual friend. What hurt the most was that he tried to hide it from me despite our closeness. He claims it wasn't his idea though.

Let's just say I borrowed myself brain after that or so I thought. I started avoiding him as much as I could but he wouldn't let me be. He eventually asked me point blank if I liked him and after much beating about the bush, I answered in the affirmative. Apparently, other friends of ours had had to call his attention to my crush on him cos dude was clueless, "according to him". I asked him if he felt the same way and he told me that I was like a little sister to him. Alas, I was sister-zoned. Note that the age gap between us is barely more than a year. He told me he wouldn't lose me as a friend because I was special. Why wouldn't he just let me go?
Fast forward to a year+, he broke up with the mutual friend though I remained friends with both of them. I had nothing to do with the break up o. I was more comfortable rekindling our close friendship then since there was no longer a conflict of interest. It took me almost two years to get over him so at that time, my heart had moved on to other prospective guys.

Years down the line, I had to change locations to another state. It was one he was familiar with and had and still has a lot of business dealings in. Let's just say I still get to see him a lot.

We both dated other people. I got badly burnt by my ex and he was there for me. The tough love kind. As we spoke about my ex, that was when it hit me. This guy has always and probably will always have my back. I felt so comfortable sharing details with him. I knew then that I missed him a lot. I've been wondering what could have been between us ever since then. In fact, I started referring to him as my best friend. I know it's only a matter of time before it's necessary to let go of that bond tho. He's gone get married to his true bestie one day.

The thing now his, he's changed a bit. I know this because we've been friends a long time and I know him well. The calls have been more frequent, longer, etc. He always tries to see me when he can, same with me. This has got me wondering if this is the way normal friendships between the opposite sex are. He now says things like, "You're this and that and it's probably why you have an issue with XX. You do the same to me but I've come to accept it, there's nothing I can do about it". I interpreted this as him sticking with me flaws and all.
At one of our discussions, he told me he would love to marry someone he's known for a long time and he used us as an example. I went on the defensive immediately and told him I couldn't marry him. That bothered him a lot and he didn't stop until he pressed me for a reason. I threw his question back in his face and asked him if he could marry me and he said yes. I pushed harder and asked if he would marry me (not as a proposal lol), he laughed about this. I eventually told him I couldn't marry him cos he hasn't proposed to me and I cannot propose to him. When he tried to form, "so you'll marry me if I ask you to", I just asked to drop the topic totally.

I know I'm supposed to be elated but instead I'm hurt. I feel like I've been emotionally played and I'm still being played in my best years. How can he do this now? Does he know how much it cost me to try to get over him the first time? Apparently, I never fully succeeded. He's toying with my emotions again and I believe he knows that. I wanted to remind him that he sister-zoned me but I held back. I can't do this again guys. Please, I just can't.
Do you think he now has romantic feelings for me but he's deliberately holding back. Do you think he's trying to give me hints? I'm tempted to shut this friendship down totally. I can't go through this heartbreak again. It hurt the first time and I'm sure it'll hurt more this time. I know shutting down this friendship will be like a break up for me cos he's been such a huge part of my life but I think that's the only way I can truly get over him. I may or may not tell him but I plan to gradually withdraw. No calls, no texts, until he gets the memo. I really need to heal cos my relationship with him has indirectly affected other relationships I have. I'm falling madly in love with him again and I need it to stop.

So guys, please should I let go now or should I hold on to a little hope that he comes around based on his recent actions.?

@Izen, I really do feel for you. A love that is so strong it hurts especially since it isn't exactly reciprocated the way u feel it should be.
I think u should detach yourself & don't say he won't let u bcoz I know he can't force you either; it is only what you allow to happen that will happen.

The guy is definitely loving the fact you are dying for him. It soothes his ego. Doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate you but mainly as a friend. That's pretty obvious.

Being close to him isn't healthy. It isn't good for u physically & mentally.
Also, u should work on your emotions. As a commenter said, u gotta detach yourself emotionally. This is for your own good.
Re: Do You Think I've Got A Chance With Him? by TheeDetective: 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
All this long epistle on top say una won date una sef, na wah o. Let him be, if he was really interested in you, he would have done the right thing long time ago and that’s a FACT. If you carry on, you will get burnt worst than the last one so wake up and smell the coffee.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Faith Wants To Kill Me With F*ck / Couple's Ooni Of Ife Inspired Pre-wedding Photos / The Lady Who Wrote A Letter To All The Fine Boys In Her Church Explains Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.