Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31984 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by nnemak(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2009
only in Lagos where 3 mature looking people lap one another and pay single bus fare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
one in lagos would peeps board a bus from same location and pay diffrent fare even when dey DROP @ the same bus-stop. cheesy cheesy

Also
Its only in lasgidi you find a sinking 2 -story building and peeps leaving at the top floor comfortable!!! I saw live!!!! cool
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2009
Itz only in Lagos whr tankers that queue 2load fuel 4rm a tank farm wud park on a major expressway occuppying d entire service and minor lanes and half of the major lane.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos that you sit in front of a danfo and it seems you are sitting on a hot kettle.Why? cos radiator needs water.

Only in Lagos that area boys will stand by a massive pothole covered with water telling you where to pass only to get stuck and demand for money to rescue you.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2009
nne_mak:

only in Lagos where 3 mature looking people lap one another and pay single bus fare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
one in lagos would peeps board a bus from same location and pay diffrent fare even when dey DROP @ the same bus-stop. cheesy cheesy

Also
Its only in lasgidi you find a sinking 2 -story building and peeps leaving at the top floor comfortable!!! I saw live!!!! cool
I see this and it worries me how people could be so. . .oh words fail me.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 9ja4u(m): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
Who come open this thread sad sad my Oga don give me Query for Laugh out Loud, make you come help me answer am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by gift53(f): 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
9ja4u:

Who come open this thread sad sad my Oga don give me Query for Laugh out Loud, make you come help me answer am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
gosh, some1 beside me now thinks something is wrong upstairs cos of the way i've been laughing.
una no go kill me wiv all these tori grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
Scenario 4

Wet rainy morning in Lagos, Managed to hop on a bus on the way to work. It was still a bit dark around 6:15 am
The Bus was heading to ojuelegba and was just passing stadium at this time (from lere)
One Yoruba woman said 'Owa' as we approaced the stadium meaning she wants to get down at stadium bus stop.

The Bus Driver wanted to drop her at the Road divider on the left because the bus stop shelter on the right was water-logged.
(He was doing this to help her because if he drops her at the bus stop proper, she may find it difficult to get a vehicle since there was water all over)

For where? she no gree oh! She insisted that he must drop her at the bus stop because of the rain
He now swerved to the right to drop her since she insisted.
Immediately she came down from the bus and made into the bus-stop shelter. Alas there was a mad man there lying down!
She tried to call the bus back for where, grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by jidobaba(m): 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^Gtay, what is it with you and mad men sef? grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ lol, Men i tire oh

Although all these things happened over many years, i just dey remember them small small lol  grin

Lagos life, drama everyday, I love my Lagos
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ritapearl(f): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
You people wont kill me with laughter o!!!!

Funny thread. Cant remember ever reading 7 pages of a thread before!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by richpitt(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
Only in lagos would u c someone well dressed begging for money with claims that he was robbed, n Only in lagos would u c small 4*4" apartment raised to a 5 storey building,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by foyeks2001(f): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
Eko for show
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
And this too,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
Sorry this,
denzel2009:

And this too,

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
denzel2009:

Sorry this,
lol! grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin

See big curse oo shocked shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ruskiee(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
Long live Las Lagos tongue
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
denzel2009:

Sorry this,

Yeeee, eeepppppeeeeee
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bandely(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
Jarus:

Yeeee, eeepppppeeeeee
Fear catch me sef!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by spikedcylinder: 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
Translation:
If you pour dorty for here, your life no go better, your life go scatter, in this year. You and all your children.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/206868_16250_170952978665_697513665_2962477_3084091_n_jpg97c3c7ad5514e9a1605db68f3c7bdf3c

grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by teeewai(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
roflmao, my boss is beginning to think i'm goin nuts with this kain laughter

its only in Lagos, you'll see peeps shouting "owa" for inside BRT.

its only in LAgos, you'll discover all of you in a bus doesnt know where you are going and nobody is ready to ask the other person
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by kokoye(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Nigeria

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by just1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos that "One Chance Happens"

I was watching news line years back when this grown man was shedding serious tears. He now explained he came to Mile 2 by 5.30am to board a danfo bus to CMS. Omo just around sunrise bus stop, the 3 dudes and chick in the bus brought out their weapons and asked to give up all what he had. That was not the scary part sef, "na so the three guys hold am and wanted to cut off his manliness. he pleaded and told them he still had some foreign currency. That's how he was released by being thrown out of the moving danfo bus.

THIS IS LAGOS
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
just1:

Only in Lagos that "One Chance Happens"

I was watching news line years back when this grown man was shedding serious tears. He now explained he came to Mile 2 by 5.30am to board a danfo bus to CMS. Omo just around sunrise bus stop, the 3 dudes and chick in the bus brought out their weapons and asked to give up all what he had. That was not the scary part sef, "na so the three guys hold am and wanted to cut off his manliness. he pleaded and told them he still had some foreign currency. That's how he was released by being thrown out of the moving danfo bus.

THIS IS LAGOS

one chance is not only in lagos, ask people for Aba, they will tell you, even for Benin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by wurami: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
lagossssssssssssssssss
i will never forget my experience in a lagos molue sometime 1999
i closed from work and i boarded a molue going to sango around 7pm you should understand the way the conductors are packing their passengers '49SITTING AND 99STANDING'. one conductor will be dressing you from the front and another dressing thesame passenger from the back just to ensure that the bus attain the maximum capacity.
the bus started the journey which lasted almost 2hrs! due to normal lagos traffic jam
i was so lucky to have gotten a seat to sat with a lady as a partner.
but unknowingly to all other passengers in the bus, 2 passengers (man and woman) of the same hearts as a result of the close contact on the standing line. were so engaged in illicit bodily contact (the was at the back of the woman)  to the extent that the man was discharging semen which was so visible to all  passengers who were nearer to them including myself. the man's trousers as well as the woman's bottom were visibly soaked. this was noticed at abule egba when the first set of passengers were alighting from the molue  that necessitate the light been put on

lagosss i fear the state
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by koolchicco: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos, A fake Travel Agent would name u all the street, post codes in London,

and might even tell u the colour of the plates in Buckingham palace and yet he neva traveled pass Cotonou. angry
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
make una mention una hometowns nah- let people share their own experiences for there so we can all laugh together wink
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Singular: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2009
tpia.:

make una mention una hometowns nah- let people share their own experiences for there so we can all laugh together wink

na for another topic abeg brother. i dey hear wetin the millions of pple in lagos dey do.lol
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its in naija that someone bumps into you and private parts disappear.

Its in naija that when people receive phone calls from certain numbers they die.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
[size=20pt]ONLY IN LAGOS WILL YOU HEAR A CONDUCTOR SAY 'ENTER WITH YOUR SEVENTY NAIRA NOTE!'[/size]
PLS WHO IS ON THAT DENOMINATION?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ I always laugh when i hear that?

It goes more like " Hold your taaaaty naira noti o" "I just start work i no get changi oooh"

" I get N200, I get N500, no enter this motor oooh "

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in naija that danfo drivers tell you they are not going your direction again after seeing more passengers on the other side of the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.