Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31987 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in naija that NEPA officials will first rain curses in advance on the whole town or state before disrupting power supply cos they will surely be cursed after cutting power supply.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in lagos u will see an albino driving a full load capacity molue very late at night on a road that av no street light whatsoever.
May God continue to save us.
Amen.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Demdem(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2009
but to be frank, the journey was smooth sha. he drove well.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by isincere: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
LESSON 1: when an area boy offers to help you, accept with both hands

This happened to a friend of mine sometimes ago.He was driving back from work when he had a falt tyre on carter bridge. He stopped to change it . After he removed the flat tyre and brought out the spare, some area boys walked up to him offering to help. He told them not to worry that he would be fine. Lo and behold they carried both the spare tyre and and flat tyre, threw them into the sea and walked away. My guy was just lookin at them as they walk away not believin what he just saw. in Lagos anitin can happen
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by samtoye(m): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
There are two types of Okada riders in V.I , the normal okada, the Aboki- speed demons,

It is only in lagos that they snatch your phone at the busstop in braod day light, run into the computer village you would see it on sale and they no born you well to claim ownership.

It is only in Lagos that mechanic would remove your car original part, replace it with a spoilt part and still collect money for purchase of new part.

it is only in Lagos they you look at everybody as potential theif when you just collect money from bank.

it is only in Lagos that 5min difference (5:00am and 5:05am) departure time can make you get to work 2 hrs late. If you leave in Berger and work in the V.I.

Only in lagos would you see okada drag right of way with 10 ton trailler (Aboki alias Ghost riders)

If you are a driver in lagos, everyday you run from Road safety mashal, VIO, Lastma, Local Govt Tout, Kai, Yellow fever, check point Police, Mopol, armed robbers, window cleaner boys, beggars, street hawkers trying to scam you, okadas, trailers with no brake, learner drivers, etc, na wa o!

It is only in Lagos you would enter an hospiital with headaches doctor would say you have lung cancer and brain tumor just to fleece you of your money

Only in Lagos Chinedu in Chemist would prescribe drugs for sick doctors.

the list is endless.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by denzel2009: 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in Lagos you see walking chemist,tell them you've got headache they bring out capsules of different colours, asking which colour u like?

Its only in VI that you can get risky burger , Mallam's bread and fried egg.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tytylayor: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2009
i_sincere:

This happened to a friend of mine sometimes ago.He was driving back from work when he had a falt tyre on carter bridge. He stopped to change it . After he removed the flat tyre and brought out the spare, some area boys walked up to him offering to help. He told them not to worry that he would be fine. Lo and behold they carried both the spare tyre and and flat tyre, threw them into the sea and walked away. My guy was just lookin at them as they walk away not believin what he just saw. in Lagos anitin can happen

wat a sad experience, those area boys are mean ooo

samtoye:

There are two types of Okada riders in V.I , the normal okada, the Aboki- speed demons,

to make it worst, go charter aboki wey no u/stnd inglish, na die be dat, lol cheesy cheesy
had an experience today, tsewww sad sad
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in Lagos that overhead Pedestrian bridges can be turned into a full time MARKET.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ovo4u(m): 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
faakay:

Well let me share one of my horrible story I xperienced in Lagos

I took a bike from a spot heading to my friend house. I never knew that the OKADA(Bike) was stolen or maybe misunderstading btw dem. We got to a spot, the other OKADA (BIKE) members started shouting OLE!! (THEIF), looooooooooool,

Before I knew, lots of bike started pursuing us. I was @ da back, I tot it was a Joke, the road we were passing by got lots of gallops,  the bike was flying as in my legs where flying too, I was shouting yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:::::

Shouting STOp!! Slapping the guy from the back, pinching him, the guy didn't stop. It was total madness::: Rough Riders,

Finally the guy stopped the bike, I notice the bike was gonna fall and I flew too like SUPERMAN!!!! loooolz,

I was not injured,  wow!! Surpriz

Got lots of attention from ppl,  Embarrassing

Plenty Madness for Lagos:: I no fit count sef 

Thanks for this your post, it made my evening a better one's. i won laugh die here brossssssssssssss
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bisoyeg(m): 8:12pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its only in Lagos that you see a 7 year old child scam you by crying and telling you that he just lost the money his parent asked him to buy something that you should help him
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ThinkRait: 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2009
Nairaland's best thread!!!
9ja!! una no go kill person!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by baslone: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos, you'l see Men who'll successfully sell more
than 10 copies of "AIDS AND HIV CURE" manuals inside the molue.

A place where you'll eventually buy a wristwatch with an
asking price of N12,500 for N800 in traffic
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
baslone:

Only in Lagos, you'l see Men who'll successfully sell more
than 10 copies of "AIDS AND HIV CURE" manuals inside the molue.

A place where you'll eventually buy a wristwatch with an
asking price of N12,500 for N800 in traffic

grin grin grin grin Na wa oo?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ndipe(m): 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
I was cracking up at some of the postings. cheesy Drama occurs almost on a daily basis in Nigeria that sometimes, you cant be bored living in Lagos.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by arogbowei: 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
Give it up for Lagos. This is quite hilarious! My ribs are aching.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2009
Na only for lagos wey u go see person dey enter moving bus

It is only in lagos that you see gurls on okada without pant.

Its only lagos that you see over 100 people packed inside molue, meant to accomodate 60 people.

Its only in lagos that you see a beggar giving you change.

Its only in lagos u see a man dressed in a corporate suit without a single kobo in his pocket.

Infact EKO ONI BAJE grin grin wink
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by debosky(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2009
i_sincere:

shocked shocked grin grin grin

Kai dem boys dey HARSH.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by dreeldee: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2009
Omg!! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin I'm going crazy, this is definitely the thread of the year cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by bawomolo(m): 1:56am On Dec 12, 2009
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by shilling(f): 2:19am On Dec 12, 2009
I've only visited once. The traffic was astounding, It took 2 hours to get to the airport. I think Lagos has loads of character, all the taxi drivers I met were very friendly unlike in Abuja, where they all appear greedy. My brother thought it was too chaotic, which I really didnt mind. What I found really fascinating was the fact that almost every cab driver complained abt something, but later said he couldnt imagine living anywhere else.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by braine(m): 4:35am On Dec 12, 2009
This thread should be moved to the jokes section! I can't stop laughing oh! Make una continue abeg!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 12, 2009
Could one ever get bored in Lagos? I guessed not.

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by dot84(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2009
I'm always scared wen i see a 'mother' put like three or four kids on a motorbike to get them to school! shocked.
Isnt she scared for d lives of her kids?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2009
only in naija will someone lend your phone to swap sim in a bid to get a number from his sim
only for him to mount a fast moving bike with your phone being waved to you as you see it for the last time
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2009
in Lagos, everyone is an X factor contestant.

webdezzi:

only in naija will someone lend your phone to swap sim in a bid to get a number from his sim
only for him to mount a fast moving bike with your phone being waved to you as you see it for the last time

u mean u gave your phone to a stranger? shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2009
my soon-to-be-girlfriend did
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
lol, see JJC grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
only in lagos will u see 2 grown up men naked themselves before they fight
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2009
only in lagos will you see bus driver n*cked himself in protest to prevent lastma from taking him to station
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
only in lagos do beggars make more money than some salary earners
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2009
only in lagos do you see people pay to watch 2 rams fight during sallah period
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/206868_16250_170952978665_697513665_2962477_3084091_n_jpg97c3c7ad5514e9a1605db68f3c7bdf3c

Epe kabiti!!!  grin   grin   grin see curse

person wey put that signboard na craze!! he dey vex!!!

maybe ppl don PUPU tire for that plaz, grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.