Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31971 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2009
annyplenty:

only in lagos do you see people pay to watch 2 rams fight during sallah period

Are you serious? shocked shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Moyola(f): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
faakay:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/206868_16250_170952978665_697513665_2962477_3084091_n_jpg97c3c7ad5514e9a1605db68f3c7bdf3c

Epe kabiti!!! grin grin grin see curse

person wey put that signboard na craze!! he dey vex!!!

maybe ppl don PUPU tire for that plaz, grin

HAAAAAA!! shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Moyola(f): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2009
9JAH na wa! grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 1:02am On Dec 13, 2009
Na waooo.All these 'madness' in Lagos
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by braine(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2009
Its only in Lagos u'll find a mad man helping students solve their maths exam 'expo'!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2009
Lagos Scenerio

Police case::: Ma friend dey go him own jeje!! na sooo 1 police jst come hold am!!

my friend noticed the guy coming was a police man but he was in mufty, b4 the guy hold am for trouser, ma friend give am SLAP!!! GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBA!! who are u re? U be theif!!! grin dem don dey give dem sef blow::: b4 Police man bring ID grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by hotteju(f): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2009
only in lagos after boarding the bus someone will shout good morning brothers and sisters. lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2009
Funny thread grin

braine:

Its only in Lagos u'll find a mad man helping students solve their maths exam 'expo'!
grin grin grin grin

faakay:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/206868_16250_170952978665_697513665_2962477_3084091_n_jpg97c3c7ad5514e9a1605db68f3c7bdf3c

Epe kabiti!!!  grin   grin   grin see curse

person wey put that signboard na craze!! he dey vex!!!

maybe ppl don PUPU tire for that plaz, grin

rotflmaoooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by na2day2(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2009
na wa ooo, lagos na die! grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2009
na only lagos bus conductor no dey enter bus before e take off, is the bus slow down sef, e go come down dey use leg waka.

maybe thats because im don sell im seat for money.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2009
It is only in Lagos you would enter an hospiital with headaches doctor would say you have lung cancer and brain tumor just to fleece you of your money
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chrisical(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2009
My goodness shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Moyola(f): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
roflmcao!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1forall: 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2009
Wtf? shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2009
Ever bought a fufu phone before?

In one makeshift stand in those rough parts of Lagos, you price a phone, examine it and pay for it. But in the process of packing it for you, the phone you priced will be exchanged for a fufu moulded into phone, and neatly carved, and packed into the phone case. On getting home, you will realize a fufu has been sold for you as phone. No trace of seller again.

Only in my dear Lagos!!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by abasifo(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
Jarus:

In one makeshift stand in those rough parts of Lagos, you price a phone, examine it and pay for it. But in the process of packing it for you, the phone you priced will be exchanged for a fufu moulded into phone, and neatly carved, and packed into the phone case. On getting home, you will realize a fufu has been sold for you as phone. No trace of seller again.

you right man , it has happen to me,& u can not find them if u like use all d Nigeria Police
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2009
It is only in Lagos you will see people turn an open space under the bridge into their living room. they will bring mattress, cooking pots, stove and other items and live in the open space. So funny, policemen may be passing vehicles around the bridge and do nothing.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2009
If you can survive lagos, then you can survive in lions den
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by annyplenty(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
Moyola:

9JAH na wa! grin

Anti Moyo, how a u? mo ti miss yin gan ooooo
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by celebritee(m): 2:59am On Dec 14, 2009
This happened quite a while back. I boarded a bus from Ketu to Ikorodu. There's a spot at kosofe where gun bearing Mopol usually collect N20 (shandi) from commercial vehicle owners. My bus driver wanted to be faster than his shadow and so he pretended to slow down to deliver his shandi. All of a sudden, he just sped past like a bat from hell. It was like the Mopol peeps were fully expecting this and so they ran to their parked vehicle and chased us.

It was terrifying as i was at the back of the bus and all i could think of was the Mopol opening fire and 'accidentally discharging' on the bus. That led me to lie face-down on the floor of the bus to minimise the probability of getting a bullet firmly lodged in the spinal cord.

Fortunately, there was a bit of traffic at mile 12 and the Mopol guys caught up with us. They descended on the bus driver with fury delivering all sorts of blows, slaps and kicks. The poor guy started begging. I remember his exact words.
'' Abeg sir. Abeg. I dey try to stop my motor. The thing no gree stop. Abeg. I get your 20 naira inside my pigeon hole''.

The passengers were evacuated and the bus was seized and I was only too happy to be alive to board the next bus. Unconsciously, the experience made me to start sitting in the middle of buses.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by na2day2(m): 3:15am On Dec 14, 2009
celebritee:

This happened quite a while back. I boarded a bus from Ketu to Ikorodu. There's a spot at kosofe where gun bearing Mopol usually collect N20 (shandi) from commercial vehicle owners. My bus driver wanted to be faster than his shadow and so he pretended to slow down to deliver his shandi. All of a sudden, he just sped past like a bat from hell. It was like the Mopol peeps were fully expecting this and so they ran to their parked vehicle and chased us.

It was terrifying as i was at the back of the bus and all i could think of was the Mopol opening fire and 'accidentally discharging' on the bus. That led me to lie face-down on the floor of the bus to minimise the probability of getting a bullet firmly lodged in the spinal cord.

Fortunately, there was a bit of traffic at mile 12 and the Mopol guys caught up with us. They descended on the bus driver with fury delivering all sorts of blows, slaps and kicks. The poor guy started begging. I remember his exact words.
'' Abeg sir. Abeg. I dey try to stop my motor. The thing no gree stop. Abeg. I get your 20 naira inside my pigeon hole''.

The passengers were evacuated and the bus was seized and I was only too happy to be alive to board the next bus. Unconsciously, the experience made me to start sitting in the middle of buses.

all that just for 20 naira? undecided undecided
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2009
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2009
only in lagos will you see 2 crippled beggers fight.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2009
celebritee:

na wah oh 

Unconsciously, the  experience made me to start sitting in the middle of buses.

bros pray to get your ride soon wink
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2009
Jarus:

OMG!

THIS LAGOS SEF!

ONE COMMON THING AT ASWANI MARKET IS BUYING STONES IN PLACE OF JEWELRY.

IT HAPPENS LIKE THIS; U SEE ALL THOSE BOYS HAWKING JEWELRY IN THE MARKET, NORMALLY THEY WRAP THE JEWELRIES IN SMALL BROWN PAPER AND THEY WILL JUST OPEN THE PAPER FOR U TO SEE THE JEWELRY. U BEGIN TO PRIZE, THEY WILL PUT IT BACK INTO THEIR POCKETS WHEN THEY DONT AGREE WITH THE PRIZE. AND MAYBE WHEN U INSIST AND WANT TO GO, THEY WILL GIVE U THE PACK, U PAY MONEY. B4 U TURN UR BACK, THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED ONLY FOR U TO OPEN THE WRAP AND SEE THAT ITS SMALL SMALL STONES WRAPPED IN THE PAPER. U KNOW WHAT, THEY HAVE SMARTLY EXCHANGED THE WRAP OF JEWELRY WITH A WRAP OF STONES IN THEIR POCKET.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 9:02am On Dec 14, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE WOMEN EVEN FINE BABES, TESTING BRA OPENLY IN THE MARKET PLACE. SHAME NO DEY LAGOS.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by na2day2(m): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2009
otukpo:

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE WOMEN EVEN FINE BABES, TESTING BRA OPENLY IN THE MARKET PLACE. SHAME NO DEY LAGOS.

since when? tell me that market make i go sidon 4 there shocked shocked shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by celebritee(m): 9:19am On Dec 14, 2009
bros pray to get your ride soon wink
[/quote]

Well, the prayer came to fruition a while back. Dint have a choice as I got a job that made me leave home arnd 5am. But even that does not guarantee that u will dodge a bullet with your name written on it from Lagos miscreants (police included).

[quote author=otukpo link=topic=364306.msg5107917#msg5107917 date=1260777756]

It is only in Lagos that you have some boys at Yaba touching and smooching potential female customers. All in the name of 'selling their market'.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by azeezbaba(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
It is only in Lagos you see police men every 200meters and what are they doing? Stop and search. Ask all manner of irrelevant questions. Ask you for your phone and check your phones records, contacts and text messages, search your wallet and even ask you to boot your laptop if you have one.

If you think am lieing, come to ajao estate and carry a black bag.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chanky: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
is only in Lagos u will see a corporate beggar.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ellab(f): 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
Dis happened 2 a 4rend of mine.
She boarded a bus goin 2 work and a man bside her started complainin cuz of a hausa man who was defeacatin by d roadside and d conductor,out of anger shouted,"u no Dey sh!t?".
Lagos is jus crazy bt i love d place.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by isaiahlegend(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
Jeez!!!  love this thread,  I've been laughing out my guts here grin grin grin,  Keep it coming peeps grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.