Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... (47300 Views)

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by JhyMedex: 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
It's obvious you want to do " Hit & Run"

Be careful who you wrong, some people spend their whole lives seeking revenge ( 48 Laws of Power)

Bro u seem to b a big Robert Greene aficionado... which of his books av u read
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
JhyMedex:

Bro u seem to b a big Robert Greene aficionado... which of his books av u read

All... except the collaboration with 50 cent which isn't readily available.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by JhyMedex: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

All... except the collaboration with 50 cent which isn't readily available.
dts neat... dts 50th law...
haven't read dt n mastery..
u got a soft copy of Mastery?..

helots broda out...
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2017
JhyMedex:

dts neat... dts 50th law...
haven't read dt n mastery..
u got a soft copy of Mastery?..

helots broda out...

Nah. I don't. I have hard copies of all but the 50th Law. Just paid for it last night and a friend would bring it down for me later this year.

just Google Mastery + ebook+ torrent. You might be lucky.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by JhyMedex: 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Nah. I don't. I have hard copies of all but the 50th Law. Just paid for it last night and a friend would bring it down for me later this year.

just Google Mastery + ebook+ torrent. You might be lucky.

Aight B.. dt was helpful..
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

I think I have a valid point to make on this topic because I'm a moderate alexes. I'm not a complete alexes like this guy, but I'm a guy who reads and watch movies about love, but never gets it. Marriage sounds like a sh*tty arrangement (no offense to married folks), and I scoff when I see pre-wedding photos. I'm like this man laughing with glee with his wife-to-be could be her killer tomorrow. The majority of females in the US who die are killed by guys they're in a relationship with (as a gf or as a wife).

Alexithymia does have it's good sides, I'm a pragmatic humanist and a brutal realist. But it can be an awful curse in a sea of emotional no-holds-barred homo sapiens.

And that brings me to my main point. No matter how many times you tell a lady you don't want to marry her, it wouldn't stop her from falling in love and getting hostile when you remind her of your existing agreement. It doesn't matter if she's intelligent or dumb, a NASA scientist or a marketwoman, a 70 yr old or a 15 yr old, an introvert or an extrovert, a mel or a san.

Your ex was an exception not the rule.

And I'll know because I've NEVER being in a romantic relationship with anyone. I haven't dated anyone, and right now, wouldn't even if I had a gun to my head. Ladies, regardless of age, intelligence, or personality, are as fickle as the wind. They are only as reliable as a speck of dust in a hurricane. Which is evident by the fact that more than 80% of the ladies who read your account (most of them def educated), didn't even care to understand your position.

F*ck a lady more than once, and if you are cool, with good looks, and a bit of cash, she'll already be imagining her wedding night with you. You don't even have to date her. I know because it has happened to me severally. Before I said, you know what, f*ck this, I don't have the time, energy or will to pander to people whose self-confidence and decision-making ability are about the size of a pea.

Maybe it's the Nigerian factor, maybe it is a female thing. But I don't have reason to believe that it's either of those things. Marriage doesn't need to be a ceremony for the whites, so yeah the girl could ask you to just wife her on the road with an eligible clergyman, court person or JP on a lunch break. And clearly, the majority of males on this thread too have shown to not have simple comprehension abilities too.

Being honest and straightforward in all ramifications is worthless. That's why the Yoruba demons don't care. Convince her she's the only one and break her heart when you're done with her. Because whether you are honest with her from the start, she'll still see an expected end as a messy breakup. So, why bother yourself?

For me tho', I can't go through that hoop. Sounds like taking a flight from Lagos to London, then from London to Abuja, when I could just take a direct ticket from Lagos to Abuja. And I like to respect ladies even tho' they evidently don't respect themselves enough.

So, I'm not going to tell you what to do. You're an adult. But I'm going to tell you this for a fact.

Even if you gist a girl. Tell her there's no chance in hell that the relationship will end in marriage. And she agrees. Weeks or months down the line, she'll still fall in love (I don't know how to explain this, the closest I can get is that humans like to have what they can't get) and hope she can change your mind to marry her. And every time you tell her no (basically reiterating what you've told her since day 1), you'll just make her more desperate and hostile. And God help you the day she snaps. She could destroy your house or worse maim/kill you (whether it's an acid or a knife to the chest).

I'm incapable of loving a lady, so I don't NEED to maintain relationships whether platonic or romantic. It's physiologic, so I have it easy. For you and several other guys, all I can say is, be careful.

This is one instance where HONESTY IS A BAD POLICY THAT CAN POTENTIALLY RUIN YOUR LIFE. Unless you find an exceptionally lady, which as you've probably figured out is rare and there's no way of knowing if she'll be an exception before you go all in.

There is a huge difference between what people read and what they understand. It is actually a phenomenon. Read this BBC future article on the spread of ignorance. That article is just a foundation.

The majority of humans are zombies. I don't mean post-apocalyptic zombies in the movies. I mean healthy, educated zombies with jobs and families. And politicians, social engineers, advertisers, and marketers know this is the world's best kept secret.

The person you quoted def read the OP, but s/he comprehended something different. What s/he read was interpreted differently in her brain.

And even if it was interpreted correctly, it doesn't stop s/he from still having a distorted view point. It could very well be that s/he doesn't care if the OP said it pointedly clear that he wasn't interested in marriage from the get-go. S/he is probably disillusioned that it is not possible for anyone to say that or for anyone to really mean that, and that maybe it was a ploy by the OP to eat his cake and have it. And that the lady in the OP was manipulated, basically a victim of circumstance (despite her being a full healthy and educated adult capable of even co-managing a business with the OP).

The human brain is a marvel really, a bloody sick twisted marvel.

To your other post about ladies virtually painting something bad despite several good references simply because they did not have her way, that is another FACT. Have you looked at the divorce stats in the Western world? Or the near divorces that people call "happy marriages" in Nigeria with regular third-party mediation.

Most ladies want to have their way or raise hell. They'd change the narrative, do anything humanly possible to make sure they f*ck you over if you don't let them have their way. And if that includes tagging a beautiful relationship with terrific history as a mistake on a whim, then so be it.

There are exceptions, but everyone has a limit. A girl who you think is understanding you may just be piling it all up, waiting for that perfect moment to pounce on you with the favorite--I've been managing... (don't need to finish it, you get the point).

Seriously, you look at the female gender and if you're a creationist, you ask the question, why did God even bother? Like did Adam complain that he was lonely? There are animals that can reproduce without mating. So the reproduction reason does not fly. God created women to f*ck men up, and they've done a pretty good job, starting from the Apple.

-Lord

You are unwell and jobless for the length of this post. PLEASE urgently see a psychiatrist....
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by LordAdam16: 8:00am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

You are unwell and jobless for the length of this post. PLEASE urgently see a psychiatrist....
shocked shocked shocked

You are the one who needs to see a psychiatrist.

Was the post directed at you?

I asked you 10 questions on your post I quoted, and you couldn't answer one. Hopefully, you'll be able to answer this one.

If you can't read a long post, don't read it. How is that so difficult. Or should I make short ambiguous posts lacking in depth solely because you want me to? Who the f*ck are you?

-Lord
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

You are the one who needs to see a psychiatrist.

Was the post directed at you?

I asked you 10 questions on your post I quoted, and you couldn't answer one. Hopefully, you'll be able to answer this one.

If you can't read a long post, don't read it. How is that so difficult. Or should I make short ambiguous posts lacking in depth solely because you want me to? Who the f*ck are you?

-Lord

LOL. ..you are unwell and jobless.

Sorry I made you cry.

Go out to your kindergarten playground and stop aiming for Pullitzer Prizes on NL.

Your pathetic life is amusing and scary at the same time.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by LordAdam16: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

LOL. ..you are unwell and jobless.

Sorry I made you cry.

Go out to your kindergarten playground and stop aiming for Pullitzer Prizes on NL.

Your pathetic life is amusing and scary at the same time.

Pulitzer prize on NL. Are you this pathologically stupid and insecure all the time or just sometimes. I'm guessing the former.

I responded to your first post in a civil manner without expletives or calling you out, and you felt a proper response was to hit at nerves.

I don't have any nerves that you could hit.

Again I ask did I direct the lengthy post at you? And again who the f*ck are you?

If you can't answer these questions as you couldn't answer the others, then it's not my fault you're a sloppy chick*n who couldn't communicate his points logically to save his life.

Bloody f*ckfaced id*ot.

Bast*rd!

-Lord
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

Pulitzer prize on NL. Are you this pathologically stupid and insecure all the time or just sometimes. I'm guessing the former.

I responded to your first post in a civil manner without expletives or calling you out, and you felt a proper response was to hit at nerves.

I don't have any nerves that you could hit.

Again I ask did I direct the lengthy post at you? And again who the f*ck are you?

If you can't answer these questions as you couldn't answer the others, then it's not my fault you're a sloppy chick*n who couldn't communicate his points logically to save his life.

Bloody f*ckfaced id*ot.

Bast*rd!

-Lord

Hahaha. Read your tirade again and tell me I didn't hit a nerve.

Again... get a job, a psychiatrist and home-training in any order you wish, son.

You are pathetic. It's sad and at the same time amusing to watch.

I have a meeting soon. Find something productive to do too.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by LordAdam16: 8:35am On Feb 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Hahaha. Read your tirade again and tell me I didn't hit a nerve.

Again... get a job, a psychiatrist and home-training in any order you wish, son.

You are pathetic. It's sad and at the same time amusing to watch.

I have a meeting soon. Find something productive to do too.

Nope, you didn't hit a nerve.

It's tit for tat. I wouldn't let you walk over me because I'm trying to be civil. Especially when you've clearly shown that's your intention.

I quoted you first. You said you didn't have the time to respond to my post (with a jab too). I said, okay, not everyone has the time to respond on NL. We all have lives outside of NL.

But then you had to go all out to continue throwing jabs and even adding vituperations. What do you think I was going to do? Allow you have a field day?

You know what, scratch that. Apparently, you are unable to answer questions.

Again I repeat, I don't have nerves to hit. So if you think vituperation is all you can offer, I'll advise you to go do the so-called "productive" things that you'll rather be doing than reply me. Because you clearly haven't responded intelligently to my post, in the same time that it would have taken you to do so.

So, stop feigning being occupied to run out of a discussion.

It just makes you out to be, what's that name again, o' right -- a sloppy chicken.

-Lord
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
horciglowri:
Fyn fyn
Nd urs

Fantastic
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
elyna:
well to each his own, the lady in question put herself in a tight corner. the op should look for ways to deal with it, so as not to get hurt, God knows how i detest relationship issues.
You do not need to detest them. They make you wiser, stronger, more matured, refined. Challenges are meant to strengthen us. But sometimes the game ain't worth playing. Just pick your wrestling grounds wisely. No on has gained anything by being stupid in order to prove a point.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
elyna:
well to each his own, the lady in question put herself in a tight corner. the op should look for ways to deal with it, so as not to get hurt, God knows how i detest relationship issues.
You do not need to detest them. They make you wiser, stronger, more mature, refined. Challenges are meant to strengthen us. But sometimes the game ain't worth playing. Just pick your wrestling grounds wisely. No on has gained anything by being stupid in order to prove a point.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
alexialin:

Lol heavens forbid angry

They dey look face nah.
This your face ehhn, lemme comment my reserve.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=emperormossad post=54185592]
You do not need to detest them. They make you wiser, stronger, more mature, refined. Challenges are meant to strengthen us. But sometimes the game ain't worth playing. Just pick your wrestling grounds wisely. No on has gained anything by being stupid in order to prove a point. [/quote sorry to ask o, are you the one who created this thread?.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 02, 2017
emperormossad:

This your face ehhn, lemme comment my reserve.

Lol cheesy

What's wrong with my face?

Talk. Now ooo
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 7:27am On Mar 03, 2017
alexialin:

Lol cheesy

What's wrong with my face?

Talk. Now ooo
Were you a mermaid in your previous life?
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 7:28am On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=elyna post=54191207][/quote]
Nope
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
emperormossad:

Were you a mermaid in your previous life?

Wow! cheesy

Honestly I don't know

What do u know about mermaids cheesy

Pls enlighten me, I would love to know cheesy
Am Intrigue
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
alexialin:

Wow! cheesy

Honestly I don't know

Am Intrigue
Mermaids are fair.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
alexialin:

Wow! cheesy

Honestly I don't know

Am Intrigue
Mermaids are fair. Or white.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 05, 2017
emperormossad:

Mermaids are fair. Or white.

Lol cheesy cheesy

Your joking right?

So all fair ladies are mermaids and all oyibos are also mermaids cheesy

Your imagination about fair ladies is out of the world.. Lol.
You try..

Wow! Am a fucvking mermaid cheesy grin
I need to be taken to the ocean.. Lol cheesy

Abeg talk another tales by moonlight story undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
alexialin:

Lol cheesy cheesy

Your joking right?

So all fair ladies are mermaids and all oyibos are also mermaids cheesy

Your imagination about fair ladies is out of the world.. Lol.
You try..

Wow! Am a fucvking mermaid cheesy grin
I need to be taken to the ocean.. Lol cheesy

Abeg talk another tales by moonlight story undecided
I was actually joking. Do you take everything you hear so serious?
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
emperormossad:

I was actually joking. Do you take everything you hear so serious?

Did I sound serious? I don't think so.

Am even amused at your assumptions smiley
Very amused.

That's why i said u should take me to the ocean cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by emperormossad(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
alexialin:

Did I sound serious? I don't think so.

Am even amused at your assumptions smiley
Very amused.

That's why i said u should take me to the ocean cheesy
Oya let's go.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by ismart: 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
It's obvious you want to do " Hit & Run"

Be careful who you wrong, some people spend their whole lives seeking revenge ( 48 Laws of Power)
I spent over 3 years on revenge mission with an ex and I achieved it! This guy does not know what he playing with. By the way, he seems like someone who isn't serious about relationship and love playing around all the time.

Look at the tone under which he described the relationship with an ex before the current girl. He has no conscience when dumping them and he appears like the ego centric kind of person.
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
emperormossad:

Oya let's go.

Hahahahahahahahah

U no well cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Chukapage(m): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
LordAdam16:

Thanks mate.

Oh and please, there's a complete buffoon who is making a fool of himself by can't telling the difference between a radiologist and a radiographer on this thread. Just scroll to the end of the thread. If you could take a minute to educate his sorry a$$.

I'll be back on that thread on the 4th of April.

-Lord
After Explorers you are the second wisest man on nairaland Kudo bro..I love and respect people who think outside the box..all these people are just talking trash out of a sea of Emotions, the deal remains the deal,the bitch either stick to it or Get the hell out !!
Re: My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But.... by Tweak2k: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
I don't know why guys keep dating women they can't marry. Its sheer wickedness.

talk rubbish cause all the ladies you've dated are Married to yoi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pre-wedding: We Met Through Her Mum Three Years Later And Now A Date Fixed / Phone Call Annoying Questions Dat Guys Ask / Love Letter To My Queen (picture Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.