Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881888 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:21am On Mar 13, 2017
Hello house, am down and scared after going through posts stating here that there must be academic progression. I dropped my CIC TRV /STUDY permit app few days before I got to know about this forum. I am a graduate of industrial chemistry 2.2 with G.P.A 3.25. Having worked as QC officer in the manufacturing sector for about a year I saw the need to develop myself in process control. I applied to NBCC diploma program for PROCESS CONTROL but hope to do a master after the diploma program . my TRV application Completed with the following doc: affidavit of sponsorship, offer letter, statement of account,sponsorship letter, tax clearance, landed properties, BSc cert, waec, LOE stating career path, current employment letter,work ID,Full tuition payment receipt. Please can someone tell me something?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2017
ebimila:
Hello People..I used an acceptance letter for a PGC in Ontario to process my study permit for May 2017. It was initially for Jan 2017 but i had to defer when my application was denied. However, i got another admission (still PGC) in Calgary for August 2017 which is preferable cos i have family ties there and settling in will be a lot easier for me. My question... is it possible to change DLI with CIC. I have made a deposit of 7000CAD already. Whats the possibility of getting a refund if i change. I am considering this with the expectations that my application will be granted and i can use the money to offset part of my tuition in the Calgary. Please i need advise from the experts in the house to guide my steps towards achieving this.

@bold Its possible, you will get refunded by Canada schools, no b naija, you will get your money cox they have refund policy. am not an expert as you requested but the experts would need your profile to depict any further assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kenniei: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2017
Good morning house, please how soon can someone reapply for visitor's visa after a recent refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebimila: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks alot ....im just hoping experts in-house would shed more light. 7000CAD is a lot of money. Besides i want to know the steps to follow when my TRV is approved by the grace of God.
Eraytee:

@bold Its possible, you will get refunded by Canada schools, no b naija, you will get your money cox they have refund policy. am not an expert as you requested but the experts would need your profile to depict any further assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2017
goodnews1111:
Hello house, am down and scared after going through posts stating here that there must be academic progression. I dropped my CIC TRV /STUDY permit app few days before I got to know about this forum. I am a graduate of industrial chemistry 2.2 with G.P.A 3.25. Having worked as QC officer in the manufacturing sector for about a year I saw the need to develop myself in process control. I applied to NBCC diploma program for PROCESS CONTROL but hope to do a master after the diploma program . my TRV application Completed with the following doc: affidavit of sponsorship, offer letter, statement of account,sponsorship letter, tax clearance, landed properties, BSc cert, waec, LOE stating career path, current employment letter,work ID,Full tuition payment receipt. Please can someone tell me something?

Your only best bet is to be positive about the outcome of your app. Seeking for info about a submitted app will only get you more scared.
Please can someone tell me something? What exactly do you want to hear to get you more worried?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2017
wealth360:

Thanks but you dont get me right. why will he send me money? for wetin nah? all am saying is that when I ask him to be my supervisor last year before gaining admission, I did not ask him for funding for my research MSC or whether there is funding . I only ask for supervision. That is the reason why am seeking advice if I can actually ask him if he has funding?

hope you get my question now.

Do you mean you want him to tell you the details of your funding or for him to send you the money now?

Yeah I suspected you might mean that. But the first person that replied you insunuated otherwise.

If it's a research program, he should have informed you on the availability of finding already. You can politely ask him if there are any available funding opportunities. I don't think that's anything won't work that. Just don't try not to sound imposing.

A simple "I would like to know if there are any available funding opportunities" would do.

And sorry for the initial misunderstanding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 11:59am On Mar 13, 2017
goodnews1111:

Well done.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2017
ebimila:
Thanks alot ....im just hoping experts in-house would shed more light. 7000CAD is a lot of money. Besides i want to know the steps to follow when my TRV is approved by the grace of God.

contact ur school as regards the refund, dont wait for TRV to com out before you ask for refund, the two are noway dependent on each other so go ahead and request for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebimila: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
Eraytee:

contact ur school as regards the refund, dont wait for TRV to com out before you ask for refund, the two are noway dependent on each other so go ahead and request for it.
@ eraytee...i used the acceptance letter from the school for my visa application which is still in process. How do cancel the admission and ask for a refund? Please i really need to understand how this works. The program starts in may but the other one i just got (which is a preferred option starts in August). I need the money to make up. Again, how can i change school and at what stage do i notify cic. Please friemds, i need answers. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
ebimila:
@ eraytee...i used the acceptance letter from the school for my visa application which is still in process. How do cancel the admission and ask for a refund? Please i really need to understand how this works. The program starts in may but the other one i just got (which is a preferred option starts in August). I need the money to make up. Again, how can i change school and at what stage do i notify cic. Please friemds, i need answers. God bless you all.

I will advice you wait after getting your TRV. You can't suddenly cancel an ongoing offer being used for TRV application. What if CIC contacts the school?

I really don't know how inter-school fund transfer is done. I would advice you get your TRV first, then opt for inter school fund transfer if possible. That is, you must have informed the previous school that you are not attending anymore with concrete evidence and reasons why you are going for the latter school.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
Blackanada:

Well done.

Blackanada what do you mean by welldone.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
ebimila:

i just got u right, u have to wait bro for the outcome of your TRV until then nothing can be done, be hopeful and pray. take it step by step dont give yourself d headache of changing DLI not until u know your stand as regards visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
Good afternoon guys. Please, I want to know the prerequisite for study permit application. Must I pay part of the tuition before I apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebimila: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Eraytee:

i just got u right, u have to wait bro for the outcome of your TRV until then nothing can be done, be hopeful and pray. take it step by step dont give yourself d headache of changing DLI not until u know your stand as regards visa.
Okay! Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
deolutolu:
Good afternoon guys. Please, I want to know the prerequisite for study permit application. Must I pay part of the tuition before I apply?

If paying tuition is a condition in your offer letter, you can pay to meet the condition. Otherwise, paying tuition is at your own discretion, as it does not guarantee TRV approval.
The bottom line is packaging a neat and nice application that will make the VO want to give you a hug virtually. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
ebimila:
Just like you've been advised already, wait till your study permit is approved first before you start worrying about every other thing. While we must remain hopefull about our application, you should wait till a final decision is reached.

As for school changes, i responded to a kinda similar post on this but his was 2 different programs with different levels. Two major conditions of a study permit are that you are enrolled and actively pursuing your studies on an outgoing basis while in canada. So if you need to change your program/school you make sure you meet these conditions.

I heard a story of someone that applied for a study permit with uni of alberta offer letter(master)and got admission to a program(master) he loved in uni of manitoba and wanted to change. What he did was he paid his full tuition and 'ENROLLED' in university of manitoba(this meet the condition on a study permit) got to the border in canada, Showed CBSA uni of manitoba offer letter and proof of fees payment and enrolment,got into canada and then notified CIC of a change in DLI.

So i'll advise you wait till you get a final decision on your application before you proceed with anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

Just like you've been advised already, wait till your study permit is approved first before you start worrying about every other thing. While we must remain hopefull about our application, you should wait till a final decision is reached.

As for school changes, i responded to a kinda similar post on this but his was 2 different programs with different levels. Two major conditions of a study permit is that you are enrolled and actively pursuing your studies on an outgoing basis while in canada. So if you need to change your program/school you make sure you meet these conditions.

I heard a story of someone that applied for a study permit with uni of alberta offer letter(master)and got admission to a program(master) he loved in uni of manitoba and wanted to change. What he did was he paid his full tuition and 'ENROLLED' in university of manitoba(this meet the condition on a study permit) got to the border in canada, Showed CBSA uni of manitoba offer letter and proof of fees and enrolment,got into canada and then notify CIC of a change in DLI.

So i'll advise you wait till you get a final decision on your application before you proceed with anything.

You are very right bro! But remember the person in the story you just quoted didn't have to ask for fee refund as in the case being discussed. The OPs worry is not all about changing schools, but getting his refund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebimila: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
wow! valuable info. Many thanks..
Austinpee4:

As for school changes, i responded to a kinda similar post on this but his was 2 different programs with different levels. Two major conditions of a study permit is that you are enrolled and actively pursuing your studies on an outgoing basis while in canada. So if you need to change your program/school you make sure you meet these conditions.

I heard a story of someone that applied for a study permit with uni of alberta offer letter(master)and got admission to a program(master) he loved in uni of manitoba and wanted to change. What he did was he paid his full tuition and 'ENROLLED' in university of manitoba(this meet the condition on a study permit) got to the border in canada, Showed CBSA uni of manitoba offer letter and proof of fees payment and enrolment,got into canada and then notified CIC of a change in DLI.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
CannyZionist:

You are very right bro! But remember the person in the story you just quoted didn't have to ask for fee refund as in the case being discussed. The OPs worry is not all about changing schools, but getting his refund.
I get. I just wanted to point that out to clearify the changing school stuff ONLY. Just like you and @Eraytee already advised, waiting to know the outcome is the solution. Besides, it's only when the application is approved that the aim of getting a refund will be achieved especially since he has applied already. So i'm totally with you two on this one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebimila: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Exactly! i was hoping all things falling into place i can get a refund to add up for my tuition in the other school. Even if i have to for go a little amount but at least getting a reasonable amount will go a long way. But all the same i really appreciate all the contributions so far.
CannyZionist:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
CannyZionist:

I will advice you go through your school refund policy well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
lollmaolol:
Hello respected housemates,

Please I need an answer to my curiosity, I applied to the University of Saskatchewan sometimes last year October with all requirements fully completed, but I am surprised I'm yet to hear from them. Getting nervous.

My program is scheduled to start by September fall 2017, till now the Graduate administrator told me I would be inform on the admission outcome as soon as the committee sit.

I will be glad to know if there's anyone with experience of what I'm currently passing through. I'm concerned with the visa processing time. And funding is one big obstacle ahead.

Thanks as you respond.

we are all still waiting.

Lets be Hopeful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
GURUS in the house how easy is it for graduates in the social sciences / humanities to work and stay back after masters tnks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
CannyZionist:

Okay, don't you think you should get financial back-up plan in case funding is not or partially available?

Regards

How will i do that. I have my own school fees for the year but since its research I dont know yet if it will cost more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
Blackanada:

Yeah I suspected you might mean that. But the first person that replied you insunuated otherwise.

If it's a research program, he should have informed you on the availability of finding already. You can politely ask him if there are any available funding opportunities. I don't think that's anything won't work that. Just don't try not to sound imposing.

A simple "I would like to know if there are any available funding opportunities" would do.

And sorry for the initial misunderstanding.

Haba. vex for what. you too much bros. Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Oyebanks:
Good afternoon house, I have applied for admission at NBCC awaiting to get admission.but I am.confused the person helping on the process said he will stage my brother as my dad since my dad does not have a SOA that has up to 15m, I have changed my birth certificate in the sense that my brother now stands as my dad and his wife as my mum because most of his documents has his wife name on it also. Please am getting confused as I dont want to be denied a TRV.

Kindly help.

Why would you be so silly...why would you do such, what is wrong in your brother being your sponsor.
I dont know how Justwise, Mich V and ,many other gurus cope here o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
University of ottawa applicants how market
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Please I would really appreciate a response to my questions here. Thanks plenty.

emeify:
Good day all @yemmdogg, @folaroyal @osemigo @TRVdoctor @all the gurus in the house.

My first degree was in the biological sciences but my experience till 2009 was mainly
banking and then administration and operations. I then went for an MSc in Project Mgt in 2009
in the UK (course based) - graduated with a distinction in Nov 2010. Then I worked in an oil and Gas project
for 4 years after I came back home to Naija. After the project, I am now in Operations/Administration.

My intended program in Canada is MSc in Environmental sustainability (also applied for resource mgt and environmental science).
I am in the process of drafting my SOP and am looking for means and ways to connect my work experience and MSc
in Project Mgt to my intended course. Ihave some ideas, but will be very glad to get ideas from the house.

I am hugging google for sure but please I really would appreciate the gurus and the rest of the house throwing
some idea and insights my way.

Much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
maygreaves:

Why would you be so silly...why would you do such, what is wrong in your brother being your sponsor.
I dont know how Justwise, Mich V and ,many other gurus cope here o

LOLS oga take a chill pill na, u no need insult the moniker, atleast people have proffered good advice for him, the thread is a free place where you can put forward ur problems or issues. if all issues they make sense e no go make sense na.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

Bros, check and read preceeding posts on the topic first so you are well informed and not misled.
My Oga, its not about Preceding posts, its the Oanda i checked that said 275...just need clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Eraytee:

LOLS oga take a chill pill na, u no need insult the moniker, atleast people have proffered good advice for him, the thread is a free place where you can put forward ur problems or issues. [b]if all issues they make sense e no go make sense na[/b].

yeah, ive read through the advice given. i just had to quote him on the spot. Very surprised one will be confused about doing something illegal and blaming it on agent. The same good advice that was proffered to him here, is the similar kind of advice (although negative and silly) is what the agent gave him...did the agent go and swear court affidavit for him, is his bro aware of what hes doing...if yes...i doubt any advise given to him will work.....before our 17 weeks becomes 24 sad

at the bolded, very true sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.