Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881885 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by applechekers: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello
Please exactly how long does it take to process the strident visa?
I applied to a school in Montreal so I first have to get a CAQ which takes 6 weeks. Its to be included in my student visa application so I have to do that first.
The program starts on 5th June which is like 12 weeks from now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=donluis post=54570944][/quote]

Boss, the funding you will.get will be sufficient for you alone for now. Although I have no idea if you are going for masters or phd, however it is advisable you go there alone first and settle down. When you are settled, you can decide to bring your family over.

I am telling you from personal experience a friend experienced in my present location (not Canada though)...

Please go alone.first if you dont have extra cash to support your family...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2017
Osemigho:

congrats. Is yours full funding?

Alongside Brock University, WLU, etc.These are some schools that wont pop up in typical ranking list but offer funding in research courses. Prospective applicants, please explore well and not restrict yourself to the oversaturated top-guns.

yesooo my brother...God is faithful...d sch fees is 20k n I was given 19, 200...i didn't expect it honestly bkos I didn't even apply 4 funding...am a lady bros...lols...all d best to all admission hopefuls...My God will do same 4 u...Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
ifydio:
Any nairalander in mississauga? Please your help is needed. @hustle I pray it comes through

Amen Bro

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
Good morning fam...pls join me in thanking God...i woke up this morning to a congratulatory message from d University of Lethbridge, Alberta for MSc in Management, Marketing Major with funding...I hv BSc. in Marketing...Gpa is 4.40, UNN...They waived GMAT 4 me...God is ever faithful...decision was quite fast cos I jst submitted my reference last week...
Congratulation ma'am. I remember you also applied to york uni, any word from them yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
yesooo my brother...God is faithful...d sch fees is 20k n I was given 19, 200...i didn't expect it honestly bkos I didn't even apply 4 funding...am a lady bros...lols...all d best to all admission hopefuls...My God will do same 4 u...Amen

congrats. 19.2k + fees or just 19.2k?

1. 19.2k + fees = full funding.

2. 19.2k alone without 20k fees = fee Funding.

if 1, mummy this calls for a celebration .

if 2, mummy it still calls for a celebration. grin but ensure you have a strong account to show you can take care of room and board aka feeding and accommodation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Congratulation
tnxalot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
miella:

Congrats Dear. I'm so happy for you. I was denied admission in the schools I applied to because of low GMAT score. Targeting fall 2018 now. I wish you the best.

Browse very well for winter 2018. many schools offer it with funding. if your previous program offer winter 2018 and you are still interested in it, review with others all the documents you submitted. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lollyberry: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello pls I just Stumble on this thread yesterday. Pls my younger brother got admmission into thompson rivers university for his Post baccalaureate degree, pls house is it advise that he apply with his wife and a kid, we re scared because I heard that he he apply with the wife that they might refuse him

Just one kid

Pls ur urgent response will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ether4: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please, regarding the statement of account details. If i am sponsoring my self. I have my tuition + cad $10000 (just as quoted from the cic web page) for just one year and the duration of my program is about 2 years will I be able to get an approved TRV ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
hustla:
Hello House,
I need some kind of help and advice. I applied to Lambton in December, uploaded all my documents and was waiting for admission until I got an email from them asking me to write IELTS or apply thorough MAPLE education and avoid writing IELTS. The course I applied for was not inline with my BSc; Mass Communication but I wanted to switch careers to Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics. I had earlier attended IT trainings in India for a year and had 1 certification in CCNA with a view to writing CCNA Security, Comptia Certs and CEH later and I am certain I would do well in the Information Security field

I called Maple education and was referred to the Lambton representative who told me I needed to change the course I applied for to Mass Communication and as Lambton did not have that, I have to switch colleges.

Bearing in mind that people on Nairaland that I had the chance to talk to offline, two in actual fact did not even write IELTS, I wrote to them telling them I studied all through my primary, secondary and tertiary education in English but I keep on getting the same generic reply telling me to write and upload IELTS results. I even got my university to send them a proof of English proficiency, uploaded all my transcripts and forwarded emails from Nigerian students who got admission without writing IELTS all to no avail.

I am confused as to what to do. Should I write IELTS in a rush (the earliest date for the exam is next month and I am not even sure when the results will be out,if it wont be too late for application) or wait till January intake and apply with the IELTS? Or should I keep pestering them?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the email I keep getting

cc IHate9ja1

THANKS HOUSE

Have you mailed the International Admissions Office? Is IELTS or other English Language proficiency tests part of the admission requirement? Have you considered applying to other schools with similar programs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ether4:
Please, regarding the statement of account details. If i am sponsoring my self. I have my tuition + cad $10000 (just as quoted from the cic web page) for just one year and the duration of my program is about 2 years will I be able to get an approved TRV ?
As self sponsored and after you meet the requirement of tuition fees funds and 10,000CAD for your first year of study, you will have to show funds to cover subsequent year(s) in the form of either liquid cash or a very reliable source of income generation (your business, rental property, etc).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jessicahardman: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

As self sponsored and after you meet the requirement of tuition fees funds and 10,000CAD for your first year of study, you will have to show funds to cover subsequent year(s) in the form of either liquid cash or a very reliable source of income generation (your business, rental property, etc).

hi austinpee4,Ziggarrr, penitential

Are these documents all i need to get from my sponsor? Personal and business bank account, Sponsor`s International passport main page, Sponsorship letter and affidavit of support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
lollyberry:
Hello pls I just Stumble on this thread yesterday. Pls my younger brother got admmission into thompson rivers university for his Post baccalaureate degree, pls house is it advise that he apply with his wife and a kid, we re scared because I heard that he he apply with the wife that they might refuse him

Just one kid
Pls ur urgent response will be appreciated

If he meets all the requirements of a study permit and that of going with family, he WON'T be refused.

However, Its always advisable a family person applies first and then later family members can join afterwards. This is so because the family here in nig will stand as hometies and also the financial burden of going with the entire family at once will be less.

Nevertheless, if he can show he has sufficient funds to cater for them, have other strong hometies in nig that will propel return after his study, he can apply with them.

But note, there is alot of both financial and ties burden to prove to a visa offcer when going with family members. If he is equal to the task, he can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Good day house.

Please I need some information with regards to SOA.
For how long does SOA remain valid? For example, if I intend to apply for study permit in 3months time, can I get a bank statement now and still use it's after 3 months? For how long does SOA remain valid?

@Austinpee4 @yemdogg @penitential @Genius000 @justwise @Osemigho

Gurus, please help.

UPDATE
This query has been resolved. @Austinpee4 and @Eraytee have provided sufficient responses. No further responses are needed unless you have information sufficiently different from theirs. Attend to the the queries of others in need instead. Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
jessicahardman:

hi austinpee4,

Are these documents all i need to get from my sponsor? Personal and business bank account, Sponsor`s International passport main page, Sponsorship letter and affidavit of support.
@Bold, If he is the sole signatory of the business account, it's fine. Otherwise, stick to personal account.

The listed documents are also in order. You may also want to prove relationship to the sponsor if you can, but if you cannot, some level of commitment will be good too( funds transfer to your account) as the affidavit will also commit the sponsor under an oath.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
Blackanada:
Good day house.

For how long does SOA remain valid? For example, if I intend to apply for study permit in 3months time, can I get a bank statement now and still use it's after 3 months? For how long does SOA remain valid?
No,you can't. SOA of the last 6months including the submission month or atleast one month prior to application submission. (Visa office instruction)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

No,you can't. [b]SOA of the last 6months [/b]including the submission month or atleast one month prior to application submission. (Visa office instruction)

Thanks. I've been looking for this information. Can you please link me to where I can read more on it?
The only information I see on their website is details of how much you should have.

@bolded, is it okay to use 1 and half years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
Blackanada:
Good day house.

Gurus, please help.

am sorry u cant, CIC stated your SOA must include your submission month or not less than a month prior to submission, so your 3 months is against the rule of CIC. check the study permit handbook for Nigeria for necessary info.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jessicahardman: 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

@Bold, If he is the sole signatory of the business account, it's fine. Otherwise, stick to personal account.

The listed documents are also in order. You may also want to prove relationship to the sponsor if you can, but if you cannot, some level of commitment will be good too( funds transfer to your account) as the affidavit will also commit the sponsor under an oath.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
yemdogg:

Have you mailed the International Admissions Office? Is IELTS or other English Language proficiency tests part of the admission requirement? Have you considered applying to other schools with similar programs?

Yes i have repeatedly. Other schools had some enormous fees.. Others had some programming and maths courses I'm trying to avoid
I actually chose from a list of about 8 other schools before settling for Lambton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
Blackanada:

Thanks. I've been looking for this information. Can you please link me to where I can read more on it?
The only information I see on their website is details of how much you should have.

@bolded, is it okay to use 1 and half years?

You can even decide to print from the very first day the akant felt the fresh breath of money inside it to show CIC say u don dey hammer on full time bases since 18BC! grin

Main thing is that the last 6 months prior to your application is shown including the submission month or atleast one month prior submission.

Here is the link to download the visa office instruction booklet IMM 5832 for more useful infomation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
miella:

Congrats Dear. I'm so happy for you. I was denied admission in the schools I applied to because of low GMAT score. Targeting fall 2018 now. I wish you the best.
tnx dear...its well...dnt n discouraged...keep it dream alive n trust in God...y dnt u try Lethbridge for next yr n see if dey will also waive GMAT 4 u if u I ent want to rewrite...all d very best...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

You can even decide to print from the very first day the akant felt the fresh breath of money inside it to show CIC say u don dey hammer on full time bases since 18BC! grin

Best regards.

@bold na Sócrates hold my account information that year, CIC dey accept statement from Socrates?

On a more serious note, thanks for your assistance.

How your Canadian matter? You dey Canada already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

Congratulation ma'am. I remember you also applied to york uni, any word from them yet?
tnx u sir...yesooo I applied to York alongside 5 other universities...Lethbridge is d ist n only sch I hv heard from...nothing from York yet...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
Osemigho:

congrats. 19.2k + fees or just 19.2k?

1. 19.2k + fees = full funding.

2. 19.2k alone without 20k fees = fee Funding.

if 1, mummy this calls for a celebration .

if 2, mummy it still calls for a celebration. grin but ensure you have a strong account to show you can take care of room and board aka feeding and accommodation.
lols...tnxalot...d ist yr sch fees is 20k n dey gave me 19,200k...after successful completion of ist yr, I can also apply 4 d 2nd yr funding , hopefully I will get bt even if I dnt get 2nd yr funding God 4bid, dat will still NOT be an issue cos I didn't even apply for funding at all in d ist place...it came with my offer...as per ensuring a strong account 4 my fees, dat is not a problem at all by God's grace...i can take Care of that..hubby is sponsoring me n he is well able, again, by God's grace...all d best 4 all admission hopefuls...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
Blackanada:

@bold na Sócrates hold my account information that year, CIC dey accept statement from Socrates?

On a more serious note, thanks for your assistance.

How your Canadian matter? You dey Canada already?
Lol. E possible!

I neva enter yet o. Na fall i dey start. I still dey naija dey put head and body inside deep freezer most times to try acclimatize and familiarise myself small before i move.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Bamz(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
oluwamalik:
Thanks @folaroyal. It's better I back out.
But what I don't understand is this. From the refusal letter from CIC, they did not check the boxes for either 2yrs or 5yrs ban. So I've been think could it be an error from the VO? Cos I don't know if I should go with d 2yrs ban or five yrs ban or better still, should I send a mail to them to know d length of the ban? Thanks

Are you sure about this mate? There is no more 2-year ban for misrepresentation. It is not a criminal offense all the time as there may be cases of innocent misrepresentations due to omissions and negligence, but I think once you are deemed inadmissible, it means that within a 5 year period, you cannot submit ANY application until the period elapses, and even subsequent appeals may no longer be of importance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
goodnews1111:
Hello house, am down and scared after going through posts stating here that there must be academic progression. I dropped my CIC TRV /STUDY permit app few days before I got to know about this forum. I am a graduate of industrial chemistry 2.2 with G.P.A 3.25. Having worked as QC officer in the manufacturing sector for about a year I saw the need to develop myself in process control. I applied to NBCC diploma program for PROCESS CONTROL but hope to do a master after the diploma program . my TRV application Completed with the following doc: affidavit of sponsorship, offer letter, statement of account,sponsorship letter, tax clearance, landed properties, BSc cert, waec, LOE stating career path, current employment letter,work ID,Full tuition payment receipt. Please can someone tell me something?
Hi bro., pls like how many weeks or months did it took NBBC before admitting u? I'm expecting admission decision from them, thank you as I expect your response in no distance time

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.