Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877604 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:

Please and please DON'T use agent Oooo. You can do it yourself.
Share your profile
Your UG course of study
Your proposed program
Why do you want to go for it instead of masters or PGD
your sponsor
Your work experience and your year of graduation .

Thank you sir.

I have LOA to study diploma in social work at new college of Caledonia, I applied to diploma out of ignorance thinking it will give me an hedge compare to a PGCert.
I have applied before I stumbled across this page on Nairaland. I have 4 yrs post graduate experience
I really don't have reliable sponsors like that but I am married with a kid.
I studied demography and social statistics, 2012.
I have been racking my brain since and I don't know if I can tell VO that; I decided to go for a diploma in social work despite my first degree in demography because I want to have better understanding of what social work is at diploma stage before proceeding for my Msc in social work at university of northern Columbia. Will this work pls?

I paid my school fees of 6.5k CAD from my account and I have just 1.5m naira left, am I safe?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
obaxlove:

Thank you sir.

I have LOA to study diploma in social work at new college of Caledonia, I applied to diploma out of ignorance thinking it will give me an hedge compare to a PGCert.
I have applied before I stumbled across this page on Nairaland. I have 4 yrs post graduate experience
I really don't have reliable sponsors like that but I am married with a kid.
I studied demography and social statistics, 2012.
I have been racking my brain since and I don't know if I can tell VO that; I decided to go for a diploma in social work despite my first degree in demography because I want to have better understanding of what social work is at diploma stage before proceeding for my Msc in social work at university of northern Columbia. Will this work pls?

I paid my school fees of 6.5k CAD from my account and I have just 1.5m naira left, am I safe?
Lots of discrepancies.
1. Your financial status will not fly.
2. Program mis-match.
Very very slim chance of TRV approval. I will advise to ask for refund of your money and get another program and a good financial power.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:

Lots of discrepancies.
2. Program mis-match.
Very very slim chance of TRV approval. I will advise to ask for refund of your money and get another program and a good financial power.
but know they won't refund d full fees since he wasn't asking for refund based on visa refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:

Lots of discrepancies.
2. Program mis-match.

Boss if every thing were okay apart from the fact that he is going for a diploma course what will his chances be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
The diploma course that he's going for is not the issue. The issue here is the course he studied and the course he's going for. Don't know his job description though. But V.Os will always hammer CONSISTENCY in relation to either UG course of study or job description. The level of program at times does not matter. We've seen someone that got TRV for a bachelor program after initial bachelor degree here but the said person was actually changing course of study . So if others factors are sorted out, and remaining only his level of program, a good S.O.P can salvage that.
goodnews1111:

Boss if every thing were okay apart from the fact that he is going for a diploma course what will his chances be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=feguson123 post=54563496]but know they won't refund d full fees since he wasn't asking for refund based on visa refusal[/quotes

Is it possible I don't disclose my Degree since it's not stated on my LOA and have an establishment like pharmaceutical store to give me letter that I have been working with then since 2005. We they find out?

The company can also state that they are sponsoring me and I am on study leave.

The only short coming is there will not be any inflow from the company into my account as salary.

Since social work is about caring for pple who are volunarable or community in need of social help.

Can this fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=obaxlove post=54564246][/quote]your bank statement and payslip nkor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:
The diploma course that he's going for is not the issue. The issue here is the course he studied and the course he's going for. Don't know his job description though. But V.Os will always hammer CONSISTENCY in relation to either UG course of study or job description. The level of program at times does not matter. We've seen someone that got TRV for a bachelor program after initial bachelor degree here but the said person was actually changing course of study . So if others factors are sorted out, and remaining only his level of program, a good S.O.P can salvage that.

I am currently working as a logistics coordinator.

But my uncle has a pharmaceutical company with a weekly inflow of about 500k. I used to work with him before until 2013 that I resigned and join this current Logistics company. I can talk to him if he can give me a position like Patient Social Officer or something related? What do u think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
feguson123:
your bank statement and payslip nkor

Bank statement is the issue because it will not show any inflow from the company but I can surely work on payslip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Paulweasley:
Hi. Good evening house, I applied for students visa since 17th October 2016 paper route, did upfront medical. Linked my application online. The only change is medical passed. It's far more than the processing time which is 17 weeks. It's 22 weeks now please house. What should I do? Is this a normal thing for applicants or is something wrong with my application?? Please house help me
nothing is wrong with your application. Just be hopeful u will be contacted when a decision is made
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=obaxlove post=54564246][/quote] I submitted my application withour scanning my UG certificate but the VO still requested I submit it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nolongthang: 1:03am On Mar 14, 2017
penitential:

Okay.
You may not need toefl except if requested by your school.
Do you have a bachelor degree or diploma, if yes, in what course? Is it the same course "digital animation" ?
Also, if you can afford to pay for a semester, how do you plan to pay for the following semester?
Note- Don't present to the Canadian embassy that you plan to work while studying for sustainability o. That will be automatic RED-FLAG.

Thanks bro
The particular school(college of north atlantic) requires the Toefl.
I can afford the first semester but through savings and works( I do some side jobs like my animation and all that online and also maybe some menial jobs to support )
Ditto to not presenting my plan to work..to the Canadian embassy thingy..
Tho I have someone in USA who would probably stand as my sponsor( we are not family and I don't even know if that could work)
I have only National diploma in computer science (OND)
I really appreciate your response.. bro.
Expecting feedback
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Please does Nigeria International passport expiring date has anything to do with duration of student ViSA that will be granted? I have less than a year validity on my Passport and it's not less than 6 months which means I can't apply for new one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2017
Good morning fam...pls join me in thanking God...i woke up this morning to a congratulatory message from d University of Lethbridge, Alberta for MSc in Management, Marketing Major with funding...I hv BSc. in Marketing...Gpa is 4.40, UNN...They waived GMAT 4 me...God is ever faithful...decision was quite fast cos I jst submitted my reference last week...

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
Good morning fam...pls join me in thanking God...i woke up this morning to a congratulatory message from d University of Lethbridge, Alberta for MSc in Management, Marketing Major with funding...I hv BSc. in Marketing...Gpa is 4.40, UNN...They waived GMAT 4 me...God is ever faithful...decision was quite fast cos I jst submitted my reference last week...
Bro congrats. Im happy for you. What was the condition for waiving GMAT? Please help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by donluis: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=yemdogg post=54503953]

Hope for funding from your prospective schools.[/quote
Thank you very much @temdogg. However, what if I don't get funding or partial funding ? Can I pay for just a semester? They offer assistantship jobs in the departments. Also, I believe my course if study is related to both previous courses despite my BSx being a very long time ago. Thanks once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Bro congrats. Im happy for you. What was the condition for waiving GMAT? Please help a brother
I read through d program website painstakingly n I saw there s a possibility of a GMAT waiver if ur Gpa is very high n ur undergrad is in line with d program...so I applied for a waiver n attached my transcript with a good case...they replied dat they will look into it...after about a week, they updated my application status to "GMAT waived"...they also replied dat i didn't need to get a supervisor b4 I will b considered, though a supervisor (prof) replied me in 24hrs...God alone did it my brother...he can do same 4 u...jst believe...all d best

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by donluis: 8:43am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=yemdogg post=54503953]

Hope for funding from your prospective schools.[
If i get funding from the school, can I bring my wife and 2 children along? Thankx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello House,
I need some kind of help and advice. I applied to Lambton in December, uploaded all my documents and was waiting for admission until I got an email from them asking me to write IELTS or apply thorough MAPLE education and avoid writing IELTS. The course I applied for was not inline with my BSc; Mass Communication but I wanted to switch careers to Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics. I had earlier attended IT trainings in India for a year and had 1 certification in CCNA with a view to writing CCNA Security, Comptia Certs and CEH later and I am certain I would do well in the Information Security field

I called Maple education and was referred to the Lambton representative who told me I needed to change the course I applied for to Mass Communication and as Lambton did not have that, I have to switch colleges.

Bearing in mind that people on Nairaland that I had the chance to talk to offline, two in actual fact did not even write IELTS, I wrote to them telling them I studied all through my primary, secondary and tertiary education in English but I keep on getting the same generic reply telling me to write and upload IELTS results. I even got my university to send them a proof of English proficiency, uploaded all my transcripts and forwarded emails from Nigerian students who got admission without writing IELTS all to no avail.

I am confused as to what to do. Should I write IELTS in a rush (the earliest date for the exam is next month and I am not even sure when the results will be out,if it wont be too late for application) or wait till January intake and apply with the IELTS? Or should I keep pestering them?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the email I keep getting

cc IHate9ja1

Cc

Austinpee4:
Austinpee4:
THANKS HOUSE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by barbie05: 9:00am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=nelly28 post=54556945]

1. check you school website, stated under requirement if dey need or don't.

2. 2 my own knowledge it doesn't.

3. DAts kul.

4. sponsoring yourself and partly ur cousin, u have to show enough prove of funds in ur side and it ur cousin can transfer his own supporting part to ur acct with a supportin letter it will be kul.

5. it okk provided u get all necessary documents from dem like ur leave letter and so on.

6. staying with ur cousin or not it advisable for u to still show prove of accommodation and oda expenses. so ask ur cousin to support by making a transfer to ur acct.

7. U 've answered ur question urself bro yes include dem.

8. not certain but dey change processing time every week or 2. currently it abt 15weeks or so

9. U 've to explain to dem clearly on ur application form after tipin yes.

10.yea it allowed.

success bro.

[Thank You. God bless you.
]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 9:22am On Mar 14, 2017
penitential:

Please and please DON'T use agent Oooo. You can do it yourself.
Share your profile
Your UG course of study
Your proposed program
Why do you want to go for it instead of masters or PGD
your sponsor
Your work experience and your year of graduation .

pls dont use agent
i did and i don't like the experience the agent will get your money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Good morning house. Please house help me look into this situation. What happens to an individual who finished service about 6 months ago but hasn't been employed, not completely idle though but not a serious job and the person wants to apply for TRV. How should the 6 months gap be explained? Does she need to submit a statement of account? Sponsor is blood brother with good statement of account. The only issue is how to explain the gap. Experts and gurus should help out please. Thank you.
N:B Has admission already for a masters related to Undergraduate degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2017
IHate9ja1:
Hello house,
Please here is a note of caution to prospective lambton college students, I would strongly advice that henceforth, applicants should apply via Maple education by paying 50k or apply directly if you are able to provide an English test result.
Got admitted into lambton college after lots of mails,persistence and arguments, got refusals from western university and conestoga college.
@ hustla.... God will come through for you.

Amen Bro
Thanks
Already uploaded everything here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2017
obaxlove:

I am currently working as a logistics coordinator.

But my uncle has a pharmaceutical company with a weekly inflow of about 500k. I used to work with him before until 2013 that I resigned and join this current Logistics company. I can talk to him if he can give me a position like Patient Social Officer or something related? What do u think?
your main problems would be insufficient finance and purpose of visit. ur 1.5m will not fly, u will need a new sponsor with a solid statement of account.
If you can get a social worker position in the company, it will go a long way in tackling your purpose of visit. If you have a landed property, it will also go a long.

You just need to package a smart application. In this trv race, Nothing is impossible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 10:46am On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:

Congratulation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 10:50am On Mar 14, 2017
marvel4love:
Good morning house. Please house help me look into this situation. What happens to an individual who finished service about 6 months ago but hasn't been employed, not completely idle though but not a serious job and the person wants to apply for TRV. How should the 6 months gap be explained? Does she need to submit a statement of account? Sponsor is blood brother with good statement of account. The only issue is how to explain the gap. Experts and gurus should help out please. Thank you.
N:B Has admission already for a masters related to Undergraduate degree
its no big deal, u don't need statement of account. You can tell them you work as a volunteer in a secondary school while preparing for your masters in Canada. Just make sure the volunteer work reflects in the CV you will submit with your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
I read through d program website painstakingly n I saw there s a possibility of a GMAT waiver if ur Gpa is very high n ur undergrad is in line with d program...so I applied for a waiver n attached my transcript with a good case...they replied dat they will look into it...after about a week, they updated my application status to "GMAT waived"...they also replied dat i didn't need to get a supervisor b4 I will b considered, though a supervisor (prof) replied me in 24hrs...God alone did it my brother...he can do same 4 u...jst believe...all d best

every prospective student need to do the bolded.

Congrats bro. is it full funding?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:05am On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:

congrats. Is yours full funding?

Alongside Brock University, WLU, etc.These are some schools that wont pop up in typical ranking list but offer funding in research courses. Prospective applicants, please explore well and not restrict yourself to the oversaturated top-guns.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 14, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp

That pilot dude; go through this links; you should be fine.

All you need to know about changing institutions.

Cc: Austin4pee.

I still reiterate you apply for M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering.

Relying solely on a strong SOP is like Baba-Ijebu and/or MMM it may work, it may not.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2017
hustla:
Hello House,
I need some kind of help and advice. I applied to Lambton in December, uploaded all my documents and was waiting for admission until I got an email from them asking me to write IELTS or apply thorough MAPLE education and avoid writing IELTS. The course I applied for was not inline with my BSc; Mass Communication but I wanted to switch careers to Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics. I had earlier attended IT trainings in India for a year and had 1 certification in CCNA with a view to writing CCNA Security, Comptia Certs and CEH later and I am certain I would do well in the Information Security field

I called Maple education and was referred to the Lambton representative who told me I needed to change the course I applied for to Mass Communication and as Lambton did not have that, I have to switch colleges.

Bearing in mind that people on Nairaland that I had the chance to talk to offline, two in actual fact did not even write IELTS, I wrote to them telling them I studied all through my primary, secondary and tertiary education in English but I keep on getting the same generic reply telling me to write and upload IELTS results. I even got my university to send them a proof of English proficiency, uploaded all my transcripts and forwarded emails from Nigerian students who got admission without writing IELTS all to no avail.

I am confused as to what to do. Should I write IELTS in a rush (the earliest date for the exam is next month and I am not even sure when the results will be out,if it wont be too late for application) or wait till January intake and apply with the IELTS? Or should I keep pestering them?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the email I keep getting

cc IHate9ja1

THANKS HOUSE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2017
Please help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 11:19am On Mar 14, 2017
Any nairalander in mississauga? Please your help is needed. @hustle I pray it comes through

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.