Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881876 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
maygreaves:

My Oga, its not about Preceding posts, its the Oanda i checked that said 275...just need clarification
Lol..My honourable sir! Na dey speed @140KMH you use arrive with the question after our ogas here don clear the issue. No vex!

Na 375 per USD not CAD! Most banks sale forex for students at that rate. Find out from your bank as per CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
wealth360:

How will i do that. I have my own school fees for the year but since its research I dont know yet if it will cost more

@bold is the back up plan, which you already have

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol..My honourable sir! Na dey speed @140KMH you use arrive with the question after our ogas here don clear the issue. No vex!

Na 375 per USD not CAD! Most banks sale forex for students at that rate. Find out from your bank as per CAD.

Lmao...no mind me oga...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

I have not heard of any bank processing formA in CAD instead of USD. You can convert from USD to CAD using the USD/CAD exchange rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
maygreaves:

yeah, ive read through the advice given. i just had to quote him on the spot. Very surprised one will be confused about doing something illegal and blaming it on agent. The same good advice that was proffered to him here, is the similar kind of advice (although negative and silly) is what the agent gave him...did the agent go and swear court affidavit for him, is his bro aware of what hes doing...if yes...i doubt any advise given to him will work.....before our 17 weeks becomes 24 sad

at the bolded, very true sha

Bro apologise to d said moniker, u gat no rite to use dat word "silly" on him no mata d situation, it was his own tort, I guess he was looking at d advantage wit out looking at d disadvantages, so u would 've jst ignore if u gat no advice for him, instead of insulting, Bro with all due respect dat was so childish. and @ d said bro inquest don't complicate ur application, declear ur bro as ur bro and attach all his supporting documents and let him attach a letter of sponsorship( he will lament more on y he choose to sponsor u) and an affidavit of support. success

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dokkitaa(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Blackanada:

Yeah I suspected you might mean that. But the first person that replied you insunuated otherwise.

If it's a research program, he should have informed you on the availability of finding already. You can politely ask him if there are any available funding opportunities. I don't think that's anything won't work that. Just don't try not to sound imposing.

A simple "I would like to know if there are any available funding opportunities" would do.

And sorry for the initial misunderstanding.

Exactly blackanada. I thought he got a funding along the offer
You do well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello house. Afternoon.
Pls i applied using paper route for trv since last week Thursday. And i was given tracking ID. Have been trying to track and connect it to online linking. But its not working. And it keeps showing no record for this reference number.
Dunno what to do next o. I Just hope i wont miss any update regarding my application.
Pls i will appreciate your help house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
nelly28:

Bro apologise to d said moniker, u gat no rite to use dat word "silly" on him no mata d situation, it was his own tort, I guess he was looking at d advantage wit out looking at d disadvantages, so u would 've jst ignore if u gat no advice for him, instead of insulting, Bro with all due respect dat was so childish. and @ d said bro inquest don't complicate ur application, declear ur bro as ur bro and attach all his supporting documents and let him attach a letter of sponsorship( he will lament more on y he choose to sponsor u) and an affidavit of support. success

If you think "silly" is me trying to insult someone, then with all due respect, youre silly

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
CannyZionist:

I have not heard of any bank processing formA in CAD instead of USD. You can convert from USD to CAD using the USD/CAD exchange rate
They actually do. Depending on the domicile account and currency on the payment invoice. CBN will only approve it in USD but the bank will do the cross rate and CAD equivalent will be sent directly to the school in canada. Canadian school won't take USD nau. it must be recieved by them in their currency.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
maygreaves:

If you think "silly" is me trying to insult someone, then with all due respect, youre silly

Smiling mood Bro relax ur self, Mr super man. wel no stress, u called some1 been silly, which is showing lack of common sense is wat?, now u are even directing it to me well bro no stress. it is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
michaelbelgium:
University of ottawa applicants how market

Market dey fine oh.
I think you should call the admission office of your faculty/department and inquire fron them.

I was told, i would get a response before the end of the week.

So call them boss...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
maziude:

Market dey fine oh.
I think you should call the admission office of your faculty/department and inquire fron them.

I was told, i would get a response before the end of the week.

So call them boss...
my communication with them is via email...they kept telling me once a decision is made they would contact me...what is your program of choice and degree applied for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
Computer science-PhD

michaelbelgium:

my communication with them is via email...they kept telling me once a decision is made they would contact me...what is your program of choice and degree applied for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nolongthang: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:

Before anybody can answer your question, you have to explicitly detail your profile first. Let's see what and what you've got,
how many months/year will your program take?
What was your UG course of study?
How long have you been working as a graphic designer (I suppose that's what you are) and if not, what's your present occupation?
If your UG course of study is different from what you're going to study (Digital animation), what motivate you to make a diversion to that?

Thanks man. I have been an animator professional since 2014. I learnt the profession through self knowlegde.
This degree is digital animation and it exactly the same field I have been working for some time, I just wanna have the degree to be able to present myself well.
The degree takes 2 years 3300cad per semester like I said.
I can afford to pay for a semester.
I really wanna get all the process right.. hence why I need experience folks around here.. infact if posible I need a personal helper.. Im ready to compensate him or her.. all along
I should be applying for the school immediately I nail my toefl by April by the grace of God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
maziude:
Computer science-PhD
ok..that's good.. you na boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
michaelbelgium:

ok..that's good.. you na boss

For wia... i be learner.

On a more serious note call the faculty's admission office... one Maria Bento go respond. She will ask for your student number and tell you your current status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nolongthang:

Thanks man. I have been an animator professional since 2014. I learnt the profession through self knowlegde.
This degree is digital animation and it exactly the same field I have been working for some time, I just wanna have the degree to be able to present myself well.
The degree takes 2 years 3300cad per semester like I said.
I can afford to pay for a semester.
I really wanna get all the process right.. hence why I need experience folks around here.. infact if posible I need a personal helper.. Im ready to compensate him or her.. all along
I should be applying for the school immediately I nail my toefl by April by the grace of God

Okay.
You may not need toefl except if requested by your school.
Do you have a bachelor degree or diploma, if yes, in what course? Is it the same course "digital animation" ?
Also, if you can afford to pay for a semester, how do you plan to pay for the following semester?
Note- Don't present to the Canadian embassy that you plan to work while studying for sustainability o. That will be automatic RED-FLAG.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

They actually do. Depending on the domicile account and currency on the payment invoice. CBN will only approve it in USD but the bank will do the cross rate and CAD equivalent will be sent directly to the school in canada. Canadian school won't take USD nau. it must be recieved by them in their currency.

@Austinpee.... bro ..been trying to send you a pm...please buzz me on oikengah@yahoo.com.. need your help on some stuffs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by barbie05: 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
Good Evening everyone, thank you for all the info as regards study in Canada. am new on this thread and would like to make the below clarifications.

I recently applied to a uni to study supply chain mgt (I have over 5years experience as an admin officer ). I have been given a student number but they are yet to get my transcript and English as a medium ( I have applied for this is my uni ). These are my questions below please
1) Is IELTS compulsory? I am hoping to use just English as a medium as Nigeria is an English speaking country.
2) I will be 33 this year before the fall session and am applying for a post graduate certificate, does this matter?
3) I have a little over 5 years experience, is this an advantage.
4) I will be sponsoring myself and partly my cousin who stays in Ontario, his married and has a good job. is this okay?
5) I hope to get a study leave letter from my office but they will not be sponsoring me. is this also okay? as we are allowed to study leave after 5years.
6) I will have 5m after paying for my first semester tuition fee and will not be needing accommodation as I will stay with my cousin, is the money okay to convince the consular that I wont be a liability to their country.
7) is it compulsory to include my parents in the documentation even if they are not able to sponsor me but to show that I have family ties?
coolI do pray to get my admission letter before the end of march and apply in April, how long does the process take as my session starts in Sept
9) Most importantly I have a 10year uk ban due to a forged document (a) how do I include that and still prove am worthy of the study permit (b) does this affect their decision (c) what strong documents do I need show to over shadow all this. please note that I had written to the uk embassy stating I didn't know the documents were forged as I had used an agent then.
10) can I show money from two accounts, my dorm and naira?

I apologise if I have asked too many questions however your answers will mean a lot and will guide me accordingly.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Paulweasley: 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hi. Good evening house, I applied for students visa since 17th October 2016 paper route, did upfront medical. Linked my application online. The only change is medical passed. It's far more than the processing time which is 17 weeks. It's 22 weeks now please house. What should I do? Is this a normal thing for applicants or is something wrong with my application??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Paulweasley: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hi. Good evening house, I applied for students visa since 17th October 2016 paper route, did upfront medical. Linked my application online. The only change is medical passed. It's far more than the processing time which is 17 weeks. It's 22 weeks now please house. What should I do? Is this a normal thing for applicants or is something wrong with my application?? Please house help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
barbie05:
Good Evening everyone, thank you for all the info as regards study in Canada. am new on this thread and would like to make the below clarifications.

I recently applied to a uni to study supply chain mgt (I have over 5years experience as an admin officer ). I have been given a student number but they are yet to get my transcript and English as a medium ( I have applied for this is my uni ). These are my questions below please
1) Is IELTS compulsory? I am hoping to use just English as a medium as Nigeria is an English speaking country.
2) I will be 33 this year before the fall session and am applying for a post graduate certificate, does this matter?
3) I have a little over 5 years experience, is this an advantage.
4) I will be sponsoring myself and partly my cousin who stays in Ontario, his married and has a good job. is this okay?
5) I hope to get a study leave letter from my office but they will not be sponsoring me. is this also okay? as we are allowed to study leave after 5years.
6) I will have 5m after paying for my first semester tuition fee and will not be needing accommodation as I will stay with my cousin, is the money okay to convince the consular that I wont be a liability to their country.
7) is it compulsory to include my parents in the documentation even if they are not able to sponsor me but to show that I have family ties?
coolI do pray to get my admission letter before the end of march and apply in April, how long does the process take as my session starts in Sept
9) Most importantly I have a 10year uk ban due to a forged document (a) how do I include that and still prove am worthy of the study permit (b) does this affect their decision (c) what strong documents do I need show to over shadow all this. please note that I had written to the uk embassy stating I didn't know the documents were forged as I had used an agent then.

I apologise if I have asked too many questions however your answers will mean a lot and will guide me accordingly.
Thank you.

1. check you school website, stated under requirement if dey need or don't.

2. 2 my own knowledge it doesn't.

3. DAts kul.

4. sponsoring yourself and partly ur cousin, u have to show enough prove of funds in ur side and it ur cousin can transfer his own supporting part to ur acct with a supportin letter it will be kul.

5. it okk provided u get all necessary documents from dem like ur leave letter and so on.

6. staying with ur cousin or not it advisable for u to still show prove of accommodation and oda expenses. so ask ur cousin to support by making a transfer to ur acct.

7. U 've answered ur question urself bro yes include dem.

8. not certain but dey change processing time every week or 2. currently it abt 15weeks or so

9. U 've to explain to dem clearly on ur application form after tipin yes.

10.yea it allowed.

success bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
Paulweasley:
Hi. Good evening house, I applied for students visa since 17th October 2016 paper route, did upfront medical. Linked my application online. The only change is medical passed. It's far more than the processing time which is 17 weeks. It's 22 weeks now please house. What should I do? Is this a normal thing for applicants or is something wrong with my application?? Please house help me

while not mail dem.
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
penitential:
You can only provide a L.O.E to that, stating that you lost it in transit. Include your previous I.D number and list the countries you visited. If possible to get the flight tickets, it will be helpful to you as well.

Thank you very much my wonderful people ,Can I add the Nigeria embassy ID card of one of the countries that I visited to my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=barbie05 post=54553790]Good Evening everyone, thank you for all the info as regards study in Canada. am new on this thread and would like to make the below clarifications.

1)
Is IELTS compulsory? I am hoping to use just English as a medium as Nigeria is an English speaking country.
If IELTS was not requested for documentation for admission, then you don't need IELTS for visa documentation.
2)
i will be 33 this year before the fall session and am applying for a post graduate certificate, does this matter?
Age does not matter as to your program. The only thing is hope you don't have idle gap from when you graduate till present?.
3)
I have a little over 5 years experience, is this an advantage.
Your years of experience does not really count as this is not skill migration. The only reason that may make it count is only if the program relates directly to your present employment job functions and your undergraduate course is different from your proposed course in Canada. In other word, if your undergraduate course is different from your proposed course in Canada then your job descriptions can cover up and explain why you're going for your proposed program.
4)
I will be sponsoring myself and partly my cousin who stays in Ontario, his married and has a good job. is this okay?
There's nothing wrong with with that so long you share the same surname. If not the same surname, you must provide convincing evidences that he will be sponsoring you either through direct financial commitment.
5)
I hope to get a study leave letter from my office but they will not be sponsoring me. is this also okay? as we are allowed to study leave after 5years.
it's good. But bear in mind that "study leave" does not really convince the V.Os that you're tied to your present job. But it's better than none.
6)
I will have 5m after paying for my first semester tuition fee and will not be needing accommodation as I will stay with my cousin, is the money okay to convince the consular that I wont be a liability to their country.
either you will be paying for accomodation or not, it is important you show very good evidence of the 10,000CAD for upkeep annually.
7)
is it compulsory to include my parents in the documentation even if they are not able to sponsor me but to show that I have family ties?
Very compulsory! Because they are your real proof of home ties. Also don't forget to include your siblings if you have; or any valuable property.
cool
I do pray to get my admission letter before the end of march and apply in April, how long does the process take as my session starts in Sept
Nobody can specifically tell you how long it is going to take. But the specified processing time is15weeks. Yours might be earlier than that or it might be longer.
9)
Most importantly I have a 10year uk ban due to a forged document (a) how do I include that and still prove am worthy of the study permit (b) does this affect their decision (c) what strong documents do I need show to over shadow all this. please note that[b] I had written to the uk embassy stating I didn't know the documents were forged as I had used an agent then.[/b]
You can show evidence of written documents and stress mis-representation on the part of the agent you used. But PLEASE i will say, HONESTLY declare the U.K visa ban. Don't try to hide it from them o.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Yes you can.
nwugon:

Thank you very much my wonderful people ,Can I add the Nigeria embassy ID card of one of the countries that I visited to my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
Abeg..Anyone attending saskpoly Moose jaw campus In house...i need general advise about Moose jaw. Abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by finebabynoni: 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
@folaroyal @yemdogg pls I sent a pm. Pls assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
House please I need your help, I have paid my tuition fee to study a diploma course in Canada and I have received the letter of acceptance. I want to start the student visa process now when my cousin said I should have applied to a post graduate certificate course since I have a degree instead of a diploma course in a college.

These are my initial thought; most of Canada post graduate Certs are a yr course whilst ordinary diploma is 2 yrs, so I applied for the later choice in order to show that I am serious but what my cousin said this morning has really dropped my morale. Also please what are the process of application and pls is it compulsory I use an agent or will it give me a better chance?
Guys pls I need ur help I am from Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Metropolitan: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
MichV, pls i sent you a pm, kindly reply. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
obaxlove:
House please I need your help, I have paid my tuition fee to study a diploma course in Canada and I have received the letter of acceptance. I want to start the student visa process now when my cousin said I should have applied to a post graduate certificate course since I have a degree instead of a diploma course in a college.

These are my initial thought; most of Canada post graduate Certs are a yr course whilst ordinary diploma is 2 yrs, so I applied for the later choice in order to show that I am serious but what my cousin said this morning has really dropped my morale. Also please what are the process of application and pls is it compulsory I use an agent or will it give me a better chance?
Guys pls I need ur help I am from Nigeria.
Please and please DON'T use agent Oooo. You can do it yourself.
Share your profile
Your UG course of study
Your proposed program
Why do you want to go for it instead of masters or PGD
your sponsor
Your work experience and your year of graduation .

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.