Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (42713 Views)

Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by kayceeD2(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
Let her go
Look for a practicing Muslim and marry

5 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by wizkidblogger(f): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Forget the bae and move on. There are many muslim baes out there that you can marry.

The condition makes no sense...

4 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nusirat(m): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
My brother i have experience your condition before i swear what will be will be, if she and her family are forcing there is no place for your parents and relatives in your home, and ask yourself this simple question , who loves you most? Who stand by you to this point? Lets be sincere if you are a Muslim as claimed dont ever go.against the wish of your parents expecially your mummy, if you want to make paradise.

If you cant control your woman, why marrying abi you want to be gbewudani, my brother there is an adage in yoruba which To ba kowaju ki opa, to ba koyin sio ki opa, to ba ku iwo nikan ki o tun ero arare pa.

5 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
`

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nyabinghi(m): 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
OLUWAFUNMISE:

See this one... Who is an Unbeliever?
Shake your head... anything there
since you see muslims as unbelievers they will see u as infidels

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Lexusgs430: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."

What else would she be requesting/demanding you change after the marriage?
Jejely look for a Muslim sister and marry........ The path down this marital bliss, does not look ROSARY........

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by mascot19(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
U are d greatest fool if u change ur religion because of a girl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by madridguy(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
From the write up so far, the guy in question his not ready for marriage but just want to satisfy people around him since he has had enough of them. Bros let them say, don't allow anyone to push you anyhow. Your girlfriend sees desperation from you and that is the reason for such condition.

If truly you're a man Muslim, you know what the Qur'an and hadith said about marrying non-Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Hallenjay: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:
You will definitely loose her respect and the respect of everyone around you. If she had agreed to marry you as a Muslim but later convince you to change then no problem. But forcing you to change sends an ugly message that you don't exert any authority in the relationship especially as the man. It means you forfeit the right to have any strong opinion that may oppose her own in the future, and she will feel entitled to make you change yours and accept hers. If you are ready to let go of your religion now, then don't come complaining when she asks you to change your job or settlement or country or diet or anything else that may be fundamental to your life.
If you want to convert convert because you are convinced Christianity is the best religion for you.
Just like I won't advise any of you to change to the other's religion as a condition for marriage.
If you love each other and have been dating each other up to this time where you are convinced you are meant for each other, I don't see why then you have to change your religion at this time of the relationship.
op read ds and reason along... For me I take ds for yu...

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nne5: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Emasel:

You do not talk like a true Christian.
Oga a true Christian would never FORCE someone to convert to her religion. It's not by converting to Christianity.

fufuNegusi:
By

What are you even saying?
You typed all this and claim to be a Christian?

I do not blame her

Maybe I should remind you of

2corinth6vs14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

So if he wants to truly Marry her let him come to the light

CASE CLOSED

Mr it's not by converting to Christianity.
Converting is not same as coming to the light.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Muhammedsaliu(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
mr man u have every right to make any decision....no one knows if he or she will make heaven abi who knows maybe he or she is goin to see tomorrow.......
you that posted these rubbish (ur fada yansh)....if u want to block me go ahead....who cares!!!
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by mfm04622: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Forget her. If she can't accept you the way you are, let her go! Simple.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by sandraanakebe(f): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Follow your heart,,,
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Charly68: 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
ritababe:

if he change? that's a lie.
Na ego dey worry the man
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by blantyre: 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
I as a Muslim will not dare come an inch of thinking of changing my religion for any cause because Islam is the vehicle of my salvation. So pls brother, don't sacrifice your salvation on the alter of love for a woman. Think over it, at most you may live with her for a couple of decades and overtime d love might go through challenges. Allah says in the Quran " riches and women etc are only but attractions of this world, but everlasting joy and happiness is with him" so pls approach others if need be to salvage your Deen

6 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by kayceeD2(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
وَمَنۡ يَّبۡتَغِ غَيۡرَ الۡاِسۡلَامِ دِيۡنًا فَلَنۡ يُّقۡبَلَ مِنۡهُ​ ۚ وَهُوَ فِى الۡاٰخِرَةِ مِنَ الۡخٰسِرِيۡنَ‏ 
(3:85) And whoever seeks a way other than this way a submission (Islam), will find that it will not be accepted from him and in the Life to come he will be among the losers.

6 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by shams040(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmmm. Allah said whom ever he guide no one can misguide and whom ever he misguide no one can guide.

Allah said let d bilifn men marry d bilifn women and let d Dis bilifers do so as well. According to sharia, a Muslim can marry an xtain since she wld change her deen.

My advice it nt too late, if she CNT cnahge to Muslim den never try to marry her bec is a way of misguidance .

Marry from ur deen so ur children can pray for u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Max24: 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
ipobbigot7:
Have you asked Seun for his opinion?

Seun are we free to advise your Muslim brother without earning a ban?
Is Seun a Muslim? Seems u only restrict yourself to few sections on NL. Seun does not hide his religious philosophy. Find out.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by neighy(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
hell is your abode if you forsake islam for her pagan religion,all christians are hell bound cos they are worshipping a mortal that was murdered by the romans
murdered by the romans?? Bro pls watch wah u type or say..
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by me69: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
I don't think this question is about you and her, but you and your Creator.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will compensate him with something better than it.”

You Lord is far more important than any human being. She doesn't want you to keep faith because she chose her God over you. Are you going to choose a human being over ALLAH SWT?

4 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by blont(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
CHANGE ur religion before d marriage and go back to ur old religion after d marriage, very simple. it didnt start yesterday, this is the method men have been using. see; jehovah witness vs muslim
catholic vs pagan
deeper life vs christ embassy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by KAYD007(m): 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."

Though I am not a Muslim. ..but I will advise you to never accept to do that. Change your religion because you want to marry a woman? See! a woman with such mentality will always have resentment towards you because of your religion....she thinks her religion and her god is better than yours hence such absurdity from her. Is that the kind of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with?

For the simple fact she,together with her unreasonable family asked this of you is a valid ground for you to do away with her and find a sweet Muslim woman or any other woman who will love to marry you regardless of your religious affiliation. Her basis of her human interaction with you is defined by her religion,this should sound an alarm in you.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by agabaI23(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:

[b]YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO "
Tell him to get the gurl to read the thread toi

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nyabinghi(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
neighy:
murdered by the romans?? Bro pls watch wah u type or say..
was he not nailed abi u be mumu

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by thexzy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
My broda, is she actually forcing you with weapons on your head?? I believe this word FORCE should not be used rather PESTERING. And if true, then I see no reason why you shouldn't yield if you claim you really love and will love to settle with her. Love can make a man do otherwise... have seen alots of it already. And again religion shouldn't be used as a yardstick for marriage...what should matter most should be LOVE and UNDERSTANDING as we all know that LOVE conquereth all things.

#ThePowerOfLove
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Empiree: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:

Man, she should be in your position. STAND YOUR GROUND. It seems to me from your narration that, at some point, you are subservient to her and her family, most likely FINANCIALLY or otherwise. Break that nonsense. If you have knowledge of Islam enough, you should be the one convincing your fiance. How the heck in the world you gonna worship 3gods knowing too well it is nothing but HELL BOUND?.

Solution, you can respectively tell your wife and her family NO. If they are not satisfied with that, i am sorry, you may need to move on to someone else. But before you dump her, give her gift of Islam. Declare clear message of Islam La ilaha ila Allah that's, There is NO deities worthy of worship EXCEPT Allah.

You should NEVER EVER succumb to her demand. If you do that, you relegate yourself. You lost your respect. She will NEVER respect you. SHe will ALWAYS get her away if she can get your religion from you BECAUSE of silly love. Guy, summon courage and stay off her and put your foot on the ground. DOn't call her. DOn't talk to her. Busy yourself with other activities and let you family know this too. And then wait to see if she will contact you and compromise. NEVER compromise in this case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by maasoap(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:
You should convert to Christianity sharp sharp

My mum got married to my dad because he promised to change from islam to Christianity. A year after he changed. Today, am happy he did. We are all happy for it. You will be happy for. It's a Leap in the right direction.

You see the hypocrisy in you here? If it were to be the other way round, you and your likes would be saying it is very wrong.
BTW: who cares whether you're happy or not, your family cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by dopedealer(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: You lose Al janah firduas over a human? When there are over 1billion beautiful pretty muslimahs you can choose from that can lead you to jannah. Pls avoid jahanam. Wake up bro

3 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by bayocanny: 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
ernesty20:
Change to christian because christianity is the only way you can make heaven when you are dead.

Change before it is too late. Dnt say i didnt warn you
ODE!

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by delpee(f): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim... Le Boo is a Christian...

my grandfather is a Muslim (Alhaji)... his wife (my grandmother is a Christian (Evangelist Holy Flock)... both resting in peace...

my mom's twin is a Christian (mfm)... her husband is a Muslim (Alhaji)...

all married one woman... all stayed loyal... even me sef... grin

Anyways... point is... she saw you a Muslim... she fell in love with you a Muslim... why bring crazy condition at one minute to marriage... I won't tell you what to do... whatever decision you make... stick with it and don't let anyone sway you...

oh... my Le Boo...

Her father Muslim... her mother Christian (Methodist)...

plenty examples mehn... and all had one wife...

Interesting! Enlightened family no doubt. I can imagine that there's so much peace and love in the family. It's virtually impossible to have extremists in a setting like this. Kudos...starting from your grandfather.

@OP
There's no reason why you should be forced to convert. A cousin (Christian) was asked to convert to Islam to marry his wife. After dragging the matter up and down for almost a year and his mother in law cursing/ threatening our whole family, they still ended up at the Registry. No Nikkah. Till date, the in-laws are still angry but their daughter is unwavering. We were told that Islam doesn't permit their ladies to marry Christians even though my cousin allows her to practice her religion.
Unfortunately, your fiancée agrees with her family so there's a problem. If you don't have an agenda to convert her, then you should let her know that you're willing to allow her to practice her religion. Sometimes the fear is that you may put pressure on her to change against her wish later when Islamic clerics tell you that there must be Nikkah to comply with Islamic tenets. Nikkah requires her conversion or that you take another wife who will be a Muslim. (That's what I was told in a particular case.) However, Remi Tinubu, Bimbo Fashola, Florence Ajimobi are Christian wives to Muslims and are not complaining.
She should allow you to practice your religion or you reach a compromise if she truly loves you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by fufuNegusi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Great.. they should just separate then.
According to my religion.. She's also an unbeliever and a believer shouldn't frolick with an unbeliever.

Well Well Well

Apparently you didn't state what your religion is, so I'll rather not assume

But to correct you,
There's more to being a Christian
Much more than just religion

We are meant to be CHRIST like
Having a mind like JESUS Phillipians2vs5
Filled with GRACE and the HOLY SPIRIT in our daily life

So you see my friend, she knew the relationship will negate all thereby affecting her spiritual life
I believe it is the BEST decision ever

And I hope the man comes in terms with JESUS too
Cos HE'S the only way the truth and the life no one comes to the FATHER except through HIM ...John14vs6
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Bitcoiniler(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
OLUWAFUNMISE:
I am a Christian. Pls dont change your religion bcs of a Lady.
All you need to do is to accept Christ into your life.

Why are you contradicting yourself? Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anambra Catholic Church Attack - Police Nab Suspects / Pastor Damina's Porn Addiction Remedy Enrages Conservative Christians / Is Masturbation A Sin?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.