Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? (91104 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by dukeA(m): 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
dynamix101:
From its long tapering arms and the length of its body coupled with its claw-like fingers and toes, i declare that its a sloth specie. OP please bring it down to my lab for further analysis. Tasting might also solve the riddle as to what it actually is.

Lab indeed... with tools like knife, pot, salt AND fresh pepper

4 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by wale377(m): 12:01am On Mar 10, 2017
That's orumila servant
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by centboy123456(m): 12:03am On Mar 10, 2017
hammerF:

OP na this pet u murder abi, come dey form bad guy?

It is called Smeagol Kinkajou and dey are harmless. They are prepared to sleep on top of ur chest all night.

how did u fine d name who tell u
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by agbademo(m): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2017
Baba u should be arrested.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by fmlala: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name

That is "kaola"
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by petrov10: 12:07am On Mar 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.
say what you know

It's not a sloth undecided
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by jerrywill(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2017
The mammal is more like a potto than a sloth. I think it to be a potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Baroba(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Litmus:

In a way you're making the very mistake you're attributing to others. Primordial African societies had their own order and belief systems. Contrary to what you may think, they didn't kill and eat any animal that moved. I'm sure if you read through the posts you may have seen respondents making coments such as "Op, you may have eaten your ancestor" such comments make reference to primordial beliefs in many Nigerian cultures that saw certain animals as reincarnated loved ones. this should tell you that such animals wouldn't be eaten. Indeed there are many species of animals held sacred by many African cultures. I believe that among my mothers people, the python is venrated. Many genuine "herberlits" ancestors never touched meat (we would call them vegetarians today) because they believed eating meat dulled thire abilities.

Anyway, the idea that nothing should be respected and ALL are fair game, is not African but the worldview of folks that have lost sense of themselves in the vast ghettos that plague the world.

clap clap clap.. Somebody gives this cerebral gentlemen a cold bottle of beer..

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by esthertk: 12:11am On Mar 10, 2017
It looks like a baby bear
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by LorDBolton(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2017
Penisinpenisout:

We are literally surrounded by wild-life but we never appreciate them we just act like OP and kill them
look at the white man feeding a wild life.

I guess it's true what they say, when you have to much of something, you don't see it's value anymore.

Blame our useless leaders who refuse to 'open the. Minds ' of her citizens.

Imagine DOLPHINS being killed....but u sef no lie! If na u this kin animal venture enter him room... Wetin u go do??

In a country With poor medical services? Poor local wildlife education?? Superstitions/over religiosity?? Etc u think anyone will wait to confirm whether na friendly animal or Not ?

Africa is still one big jungle

4 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by piagbara: 12:14am On Mar 10, 2017
Delphi:
Looks like an African version of a Panda

Panda bawo....u no go fit carry am, ka wa wipe o gbe de iyara. ... cheesy wink grin

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Adesammy01(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
The name is bush baby.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by DanWrites(m): 12:19am On Mar 10, 2017
Potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Champele(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda
It's Panda. Olodo!

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Champele(m): 12:23am On Mar 10, 2017
Poster, you have killed it you are happy now. And your house is a bush. Your carpet grasses. Olodo!
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by goingape1: 12:25am On Mar 10, 2017
sainty2k3:
Despite our number on nairaland, no one has been able to identify appropriately the animal in question.
I'm quitting NL if the identity is not decoded in the next 48hrs. Thanks
na potto. belonging to the raccoon family
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by esthertk: 12:26am On Mar 10, 2017
COMPARING THE PICTURE, APPARENTLY ,YOU FIGURED IT OUT
adanny01:
I have watched alot of National Geographic wild but cant figure what it is.

I can only say for sure its a tree dweller.

Modified

EUREKA!!!

I have been searching and finally got it.

Its called a Potto.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by femesua(m): 12:26am On Mar 10, 2017
Everything na to kill for this nigeria
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by dazzlingd(m): 12:27am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:

SHAME ON YOU!!!!
SHAME ON THE BLACK RACE

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Champele(m): 12:29am On Mar 10, 2017
LorDBolton:

Blame our useless leaders who refuse to 'open the. Minds ' of her citizens.

Imagine DOLPHINS being killed....but u sef no lie! If na u this kin animal venture enter him room... Wetin u go do??

In a country With poor medical services? Poor local wildlife education?? Superstitions/over religiosity?? Etc u think anyone will wait to confirm whether na friendly animal or Not ?

Africa is still one big jungle
Or else you move out from that jungle and see the world you will remain dumb and be used like a human toy. Calling, daddy's and mummies.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by chika12345(m): 12:29am On Mar 10, 2017
Champele:
It's Panda. Olodo!
They said potto, you are still talking panda... Ignorance

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by KevMitnick: 12:29am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
Did try catching it alive but scared the hell outta me
People fear what they don't understand. A fearful person is the most dangerous person ever. Whedon sir
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by siloXIX(m): 12:33am On Mar 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.

Looks like a sloth... they are extremely slow animals
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Demmzy15(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2017
A baby polar bear! angry embarassed cry
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by gentleedu(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2017
you just killed a harmless potto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by olawonder(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2017
Baroba:
it looks nocturnal, a rare specie of Golagos ( Bush baby) perhaps, then again there is no similarity looking at the pix of BB attached..

Not even close! It's bush baby
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 10, 2017
Rozaystunna:
its a potto bruh

I'm sure I know a sloth is when I see one. Whatever a potto is, this is a sloth.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by BlackOnassis(m): 12:49am On Mar 10, 2017
frisky2good:
Maybe na the thing wey dem dey call bushbaby be dis. OP, you see mat for hin hand? grin

U don craze i swear grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by realmindz: 12:52am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:

congratulations!!!!

you are a living proof that the black man is still behind in the evolution process.
Homo Erectus - Homo Black - Homo Sapien.

A jungle where backward people celebrate the killings of endangered animals.

I pray people with your kind of mentality go into extinction fast before the innocent animals, gifts of nature go into extinction.

I blame this on illiteracy and religious/superstitious beliefs

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by realmindz: 12:59am On Mar 10, 2017
seun, say no to animal cruelty. I guess you encourage people by rushing to post their killings on fp. Some low brain people go in search of animals to kill so as to post them on NL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 10, 2017
Claessique1:
Jeez, scary oo
Looking like a polar bear
Just saying

grin grin grin grin

Chai! Auntie, If you see polar bear ehn, the thing big pass your car o. Lol.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda

Wehdone sah!

Puma is a jungle cat, and panda is only white and black.

NL sha!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Stunning Shot Of Gorilla Surrounded By Butterflies Wins Photography Contest(Pix) / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.