Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? (91092 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Rozaystunna(m): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ioannes:
O ga o. OP, That's a sloth.

Why did you kill it now?

Why do we Keep behaving like we are still cavemen? Sheesh.
its a potto bruh
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by onward4life(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name

It I called a koala!

It a very sluggish but no harmful
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by powerlightng: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
nefertitiram:

Take it to Animal and environmental biology department in Life Sciences. Ask for Prof. Okaka or Dr. Oronsaye. Let them preserve it for future students.

As a ex student of zoology, I declare that this is a meerkat or a mongoose. If I am not correct, no vex! E don reach 10 years since I comot for school

#iRepAEB

If prof Okaka and Oronsonya don't take it to their wives for soup grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
You guys are all invited for the funeral of d creature, see ya..

Gd nyt fellas
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:
I have watched alot of National Geographic wild but cant figure what it is.

I can only say for sure its a tree dweller.

Modified

EUREKA!!!

I have been searching and finally got it.

Its called a Potto.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto

Guy.... I swear you deserve a chilled bottle of whatever you drink.

Thanks for saving those of us who cared to Know time.

Bless up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Rozaystunna(m): 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Friedyokes:
omo 'we' mumu sha oh .....u don see polar bear before ??
"we" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by SIRmanjar(m): 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.
Una don come again..mr scientist dat no be slot.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
Idrismusty97:
I hate it when people start forming animal lovers just because they watch some oyinbos doing same. Yet when offered meats they open their big mouth to mulch it. If they are looking for volunteers to protect animals now or to work in a zoo part time they will park face. Now they are on Nairaland forming animals warriors, Copy copy.
So you think caring for our wild life especially rare animals like these is copying oyinbo....you mean as a black man you see no value in conserving our natural resources so long as your stomach is satisfied....you're the Abacha that stole his Country's money and hid it in oyinbo country because your people can't possibly appreciate the value...you're a profound prodigal and the reason why black people are called ignorant.

5 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Zulu212: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
ceejayluv:

HEHEHE.......
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin the thing sef week me oo grin cheesy
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Rozaystunna(m): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
princeso2020:
The name of the animal is koala
koala really Nigga really undecided

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by smark61: 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda

cheesy the way u take wrong strong o grin so u sidan look dat thing u say na PUMA or PANDA aba grin puna b like tiger or leopard in case u no kno cheesy panda on d oda hand I no need to xplain am cus u don wash confu panda. So abeg next time no comment doh grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by onward4life(m): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
Silvereze:

Guy did you kill it in Ekosodin or School Hostel.., I'm also curious to know what the animal is. Please reply if you found out

It is called a koala.

Though harmles sha
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by lammsohiman(m): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
Happy killing Brother, just no go kill the wey go give you sleepiness night coz nairalanders no go de dere if dem start to de press u for dream....I will get back to you concerning the name smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by nanotechy: 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
@OP, It's a shame we have a dead potto or Angwantibo on our hands. It could be Perodicticus potto (Common name:West African potto), Arctocebus calabarensis (Common name: Calabar Angwantibo, Golden Potto, Angwantibo) or Arctocebus aureus (Common name: Golden Angwantibo, Golden Potto). A closer look will reveal the exact species, but you should know that these are very rare species and require increased conservation efforts. There was also a record (injured) of an individual from Enugu last year. I'm coming into Benin in May, would you be available to meet up and talk about this record? I'll lik to know where you captured it, and possibly take coordinates. I'll be checking back for your reply. Thank.

4 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Rozaystunna(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
amiablesystems:
Its a two toed sloth. Very slow hence why you could kill it. their legs and hands are carved so they can climb branches of flowers and shrubs as a result. Next time dont kill a sloth, it's a sloth cause it's slow and its unharmful. it isnt a bush baby pls
oga its a potto also known as ikiri in imo
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by onward4life(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Rozaystunna:
koala really Nigga really undecided

No jokes that is the name

Go online to confirm
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by kindredspirit(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
hammerF:

OP na this pet u murder abi, come dey form bad guy?

It is called Smeagol Kinkajou and dey are harmless. They are prepared to sleep on top of ur chest all night.

You could be right. The resemblance is striking except for the Prehensile tail. Maybe the tail was lopped off by the killer?

Then again, Kinkajous are native to South and Central America. However, they are closely related to Pottos that are indigenous to West Africa.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Rozaystunna(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
smark61:

cheesy the way u take wrong strong o grin so u sidan look dat thing u say na PUMA or PANDA aba grin puna b like tiger or leopard in case u no kno cheesy panda on d oda hand I no need to xplain am cus u don wash confu panda. So abeg next time no comment doh grin
brother I have tire angry cheesy cheesy grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
So you think caring for our wild life especially rare animals like these is copying oyinbo....you mean as a black man you see no value in conserving our natural resources so long as your stomach is satisfied....you're the Abacha that stole his Country's money and hid it in oyinbo country because your people can't possibly appreciate the value...you're a profound prodigal and the reason why black people are called ignorant.
Common you and i know the majority of people here forming "Why did you kill it", "You just kill a rare specie" blah blah are just hypocrites. I hope you aren't one of them and your self proclaimed love for animals is born out of true intention and motives and not just to "Follow the crowd".

3 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by FTBOY: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
snake don finish for bush abi? na endangered specie like potto una wan begin kill now. that animal is quiet, shy and peaceful, spends most of its time on trees; and it's herbivorous. so, why couldn't you just catch it alive and sell it instead? that would have earned you a small fortune...there are people who would love to keep it in their home as pet. abi na dat small meat wan feed you and your family? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
The name is bush baby
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Vic99(m): 11:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
maybe po and sid got married, and gave birth to that, did someone just say they're both males?? maybe they were gay grin
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Proffdada: 11:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
a rare species of bear
you would have made six figures in dollars if you had caught it alive
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Zulu212: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
brojoshua:
Porcupine I suppose and I suppose the Yoruba call it Uki and I suppose they said it loves and eats cola nut and preserves it in the bush
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Firmjudge(m): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
nanotechy:
@OP, It's a shame we have a dead potto or Angwantibo on our hands. It could be Perodicticus potto (Common name:West African potto), Arctocebus calabarensis (Common name: Calabar Angwantibo, Golden Potto, Angwantibo) or Arctocebus aureus (Common name: Golden Angwantibo, Golden Potto). A closer look will reveal the exact species, but you should know that these are very rare species and require increased conservation efforts. There was also a record (injured) of an individual from Enugu last year. I'm coming into Benin in May, would you be available to meet up and talk about this record? I'll lik to know where you captured it, and possibly take coordinates. I'll be checking back for your reply. Thank.

Angwantibo have golden fur this is WA potto I believe
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Trexnemesis(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
You just killed possibly the last male of this specie. Olodo jatijati

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ringi82(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
Wasnt wit a mobile phone when i saw it and did try catching it alive but couldnt...just curious abt it cos avnt seen such animal before
So to satisfy your curiosity you had to kill it abi.. Wehdon sir!
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by maasoap(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
amiablesystems:

I concur, we dey d same page. But some meat dey bitter oh... u don eat pregnant cattle meat before? or them don cook agama lizard make u smell the aroma before, try this one, the smell dey chase malaria.
My guy, why u con dey speak d language wey I no understand?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by mizzytan(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
brojoshua:
Porcupine I suppose
jeez. Una no go kill person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by jornie(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name
its probably "slow loris"....its venomous
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
seunwole:
it is called potto.
The potto (Perodicticus potto) is a strepsirrhine primate of the family Lorisidae. It is the only species in the genus Perodicticus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto
i hail u , spot on cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Stunning Shot Of Gorilla Surrounded By Butterflies Wins Photography Contest(Pix) / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.