Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? (91099 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by olabrad: 1:05am On Mar 10, 2017
bellenornor:
Why did u kill it?

I'll like to be ur friend. Do you mind?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by odegood: 1:08am On Mar 10, 2017
I wonder why people call this animal sloth, koala, puma, polar bear, pander etc. All these animals are not found in Africa. These animal is really strange. I know it is a nocturnal and a tree climbing animals. I think I agree with a guy that came with the name Potto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by odegood: 1:13am On Mar 10, 2017
I think we can ask our ex presido who is a zoologist oga GEJ to tell us the name of the animal. The animal is really strange oooo
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Olokun17: 1:15am On Mar 10, 2017
This is kungfu-panda..
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by HardMirror(m): 1:18am On Mar 10, 2017
adanny01:
I have watched alot of National Geographic wild but cant figure what it is.

I can only say for sure its a tree dweller.

Modified

EUREKA!!!

I have been searching and finally got it.

Its called a Potto.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto
Following you now. You are smart.
The fact you could deduce that it was a tree dweller, shows how you think. Pleasure meeting you sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by jacksonlows: 1:20am On Mar 10, 2017
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ezra1990: 1:30am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
Did try catching it alive but scared the hell outta me
It scared the hell outta u but u had the courage to kill it. that is foolish bravery! y not just let the creature be!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ezra1990: 1:32am On Mar 10, 2017
It looks like a kaola to me(bush baby)
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by redsun(m): 1:35am On Mar 10, 2017
I thought you said you killed it on a university ground? Where else can you find out what it is other than a citadel of learning like unidentified? And you are probably an undergraduate or even a lecturer.

Teacher teach me nonsense. That looks like an endangered specie in a land where record keeping,scientific observations,conservation,are obsolete.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by UjSizzle(f): 1:36am On Mar 10, 2017
If threatened, the potto will hide its face and neck-butt its opponent, making use of its unusual vertebrae. It can also deliver a powerful bite. Its saliva contains compounds that cause the wound to become inflamed]

I can't be the only one disturbed by the fact that you killed this thing out of curiosity, am I?
If you were simply interested in the name and mannerism why didn't you take a picture or two or three and observe it's behaviour? I hope at the very least you plan consuming it. It's bad to go killing things weaker than you simply because you can. Wiki says it's biggest predators are humans who hunt for bush meat.

So @quote, OP did it attack?

Special thanks to @adanny01 for the research.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 1:40am On Mar 10, 2017
arrr ... looks more of a family of bear .. but sure is a tree dweller which could be ranging from koala,racoon,maybe a baby bear .. to tbosecalling it a potto ..there's a difference tw tbose two the one the op posted has claws and potto or whatevwr doesnt have any .. so i'd go for sloth or koala .. could be this species that is resistant to snake poison and scorpion's too
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 10, 2017
This is a bad kill. It makes no sense.

It's not a predatory animal at all and could have been left alone. And I bet you were not hungry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by adanny01(m): 1:50am On Mar 10, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by themosthigh: 2:21am On Mar 10, 2017
It is a Calabar angwantibo. It is not a potto because potto stays in very tall trees and have shorter fingers. It stays on top of trees and will head butt you with its Nyash if you try to catch it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabar_angwantibo

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by valx2: 2:37am On Mar 10, 2017
That's potto. A very rare and harmless endangered specie. Too bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by charzy26(m): 2:42am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name
its a potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Drinokrane: 2:43am On Mar 10, 2017
valx2:
That's potto. A very rare and harmless endangered specie. Too bad.
Yea tz Potto
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 10, 2017
damanjohn:

That's puma or panda
Panda kwa, kunfu panda ni! In your imagination, Nigeria is now china ba?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Xkalaban(m): 2:47am On Mar 10, 2017
It's probably a koala or a relative of it.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by RobinHez(m): 2:53am On Mar 10, 2017
according to wikipedia..
The potto moves slowly and carefully, always gripping a branch with at least two limbs. It is also quiet and avoids predators using cryptic movement...

so why you chose to kill something that, naturally, would try its best to avoid you ..is baffling. @zykson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by AntiNigerian: 3:36am On Mar 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.
that is not a sloth ! sloths look better than that.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Saint6: 3:38am On Mar 10, 2017
Puma winkPuma
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by akigbemaru: 3:38am On Mar 10, 2017
Somebody killed potto!
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ZUBY77(m): 4:00am On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=zykson post=54310796] Wasnt wit a mobile phone when i saw it and did try catching it alive but couldnt...just curious abt it cos avnt seen such animal before [/quote

I hope you don't get angry when higher beings kill you.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:10am On Mar 10, 2017
bellenornor:
Why did u kill it?

He's an hungry man....see the floor of his room
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by larrykosweat: 4:24am On Mar 10, 2017
It looks like a small bear..."sloth bear" I guess
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by oaroloye(m): 4:27am On Mar 10, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.

I think you are right about it being a SLOTH.

As for the rest, I am not so sure.

What made you decide that it doesn't have a Virus in it, that could exterminate us?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by oaroloye(m): 4:35am On Mar 10, 2017
odegood:
I wonder why people call this animal sloth, koala, puma, polar bear, pander etc. All these animals are not found in Africa.

If there was a SLOTH living in Africa, there sure isn't NOW!

These animal is really strange. I know it is a nocturnal and a tree climbing animals. I think I agree with a guy that came with the name Potto.

I know that there are very many species of mammals which I have no idea what they are called.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Luvdk(f): 4:37am On Mar 10, 2017
Very s2upid man
That's how they destroy the remaining animals we av in that death trap of a country

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by okunega1: 4:46am On Mar 10, 2017
It is called koala
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by delishpot: 4:47am On Mar 10, 2017
zykson:
Wasnt wit a mobile phone when i saw it and did try catching it alive but couldnt...just curious abt it cos avnt seen such animal before

OPKE, you call yourself an undergraduate? You haven't seen it before, so to satisfy curiousity, you........KILLED IT!
shame on Nigerian future leaders. We are all together destroying Nigeria. Our leaders damage the economy the followers damage her wild life and eco system.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Stunning Shot Of Gorilla Surrounded By Butterflies Wins Photography Contest(Pix) / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.