Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? (91093 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by ZORO47(m): 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
I think it's this funny animal character in the movie "Madagascar". grin

4 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Cooleasy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name
You didn't say it threatened or attacked you neither did you say that hunger drove you to kill it for food. You are the one that should be questioned: WHY THE HELL DID YOU KILL IT? Must you kill everything that is not a human being that you see? Haba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by smark61: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Rozaystunna:
brother I have tire angry cheesy cheesy grin

cheesy I don laugh tire. One say na coala grin cheesy one say na polar bear.polar bear for Africa in nigeria grin dumb Pipo full here o grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Common you and i know the majority of people here forming "Why did you kill it", "You just kill a rare specie" blah blah are just hypocrites. I hope you aren't one of them and your self proclaimed love for animals is born out of true intention and motives and not just to "Follow the crowd".
I'm not a tree hugger by any stretch of the word, I just believe in knowledge, if you kill a deer or grass cutter I won't sweat your luck...but dude I've seen people butcher manatees, advarks, rare west African fresh water dolphins and now this rare bush baby on nairaland....I just think it sparks of ignorance and portrays us as a people without any higher motivation than the primary albeit base gratification of the stomach.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Litmus: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
Idrismusty97:
I hate it when people start forming animal lovers just because they watch some oyinbos doing same. Yet when offered meats they open their big mouth to mulch it. If they are looking for volunteers to protect animals now or to work in a zoo part time they will park face. Now they are on Nairaland forming animals warriors, Copy copy.

In a way you're making the very mistake you're attributing to others. Primordial African societies had their own order and belief systems. Contrary to what you may think, they didn't kill and eat any animal that moved. I'm sure if you read through the posts you may have seen respondents making coments such as "Op, you may have eaten your ancestor" such comments make reference to primordial beliefs in many Nigerian cultures that saw certain animals as reincarnated loved ones. this should tell you that such animals wouldn't be eaten. Indeed there are many species of animals held sacred by many African cultures. I believe that among my mothers people, the python is venrated. Many genuine "herberlits" ancestors never touched meat (we would call them vegetarians today) because they believed eating meat dulled thire abilities.

Anyway, the idea that nothing should be respected and ALL are fair game, is not African but the worldview of folks that have lost sense of themselves in the vast ghettos that plague the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by georgetrueman: 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Why did u kill it.can u create it

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Risklord: 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
No worry bros. E go show for your dream and will introduce itself after asking; "why did you kill me?"
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by JandyJ(m): 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Bro u just killed the gods of the land

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Zulu212: 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
adeyisodiq:
look more a chicken
a chicken?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by nanotechy: 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
Firmjudge:

Angwantibo have golden fur this is WA potto I believe

I wouldn't say golden, but cuprous fur - close to what's lying dead there (although i don't have a good view). You are prolly correct about the sp because that's the only one that has it's range extending to benin.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by simrot: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
I just killed this animal in Uniben.please can someone help me with the name
You ain't a good conservationist, all I can said is you just wasted wildlife now. The name is sorry.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by aril: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
Cognition and social behaviour

In a study of strepsirrhine cognition conducted in 1964, pottos were seen to explore and manipulate unfamiliar objects, but only when those objects were baited with food. They were found to be more curious than lorises and lesser bushbabies, but less so than lemurs. Ursula Cowgill, a biologist at Yale University who looked after six captive pottos for several decades, noticed they appeared to form altruistic relationships.[b] The captive pottos were seen to spend time with a sick companion and to save food for an absent one. [/b]However, there is no confirmation this behaviour occurs in the wild

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potto

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by SalamRushdie: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Silvereze:

Guy did you kill it in Ekosodin or School Hostel.., I'm also curious to know what the animal is. Please reply if you found out

That's the west African bush baby .used to have some of them as friends in the past ...Why did u even kill it
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by kindredspirit(m): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
onward4life:

No jokes that is the name

Go online to confirm

He's right. There are no Koalas in Africa nor anywhere else in the world, except Australia.

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:
I have watched alot of National Geographic wild but cant figure what it is.

I can only say for sure its a tree dweller.

Modified

EUREKA!!!

I have been searching and finally got it.

Its called a Potto.

OP YOU FUCKING KILLED AN ANIMAL CALLED "SOFTLY SOFTLY"

APOLOGIZE NOWWW

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Claessique1(f): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
sainty2k3:
Despite our number on nairaland, no one has been able to identify appropriately the animal in question.
I'm quitting NL if the identity is not decoded in the next 48hrs. Thanks

Bye Bye
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Ishaq319(f): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Guy don't be anoy wi my question o what did you used to kill this animal with humans alike hand ?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by doskie(m): 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
Uniben
where in uniben?
Does your chick in hall 2 know that you are a talented hunter too?
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by jukemo: 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
na Bush baby
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by madridsta007(m): 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
BoboYekini:
That's a sloth. Oga you should be ashamed of yourself.
You better eat it. Abi you wan make e rotten waste again? Agbaya.

See vex. Bros easy na!

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
zykson:
Did try catching it alive but scared the hell outta me
You are such a Sloth!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Baroba(m): 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:

Modified

EUREKA!!!

Its called a Potto.

Finally, I hail ooo.. Never heard of it before..
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by tooth4tooth: 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:

Modified

EUREKA!!!

Its called a Potto.

Thanks for clearing the air.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:

Modified

EUREKA!!!

Its called a Potto.

now this is a true Nigerian student

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Acehart: 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
It is potto. It shouldn't have been killed. It feeds on insects and veggies. You can check it out on Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Zulu212: 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wiz3t:

This mice is a rare specie in the history of Benin. Killing this animal could incure the wrath of the gods against the people of the land. As such if you don't remove this picture here and your claims to having this killed, the Oba of Benin Kingdom can summons you and fine you accordingly

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by tmilan(m): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
seriously!!... am a forester and that animal killed by you is a bush baby... one of the most near extinction animals in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
hammerF:

OP na this pet u murder abi, come dey form bad guy?

It is called Smeagol Kinkajou and dey are harmless. They are prepared to sleep on top of ur chest all night.

We are literally surrounded by wild-life but we never appreciate them we just act like OP and kill them
look at the white man feeding a wild life.

I guess it's true what they say, when you have to much of something, you don't see it's value anymore.
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by LorDBolton(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
Friedyokes:
omo 'we' mumu sha oh .....u don see polar bear before ??

Bruv this is. D funniest thread I've come across today o...

Another person say PUMA grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
wow I love this thread, very educative

1 Like

Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by stamapro(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
The name is animal, bros you for no kill am oooh,
Re: See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? by Klington: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
4rm the look of the fingers, u just killed a human being grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Stunning Shot Of Gorilla Surrounded By Butterflies Wins Photography Contest(Pix) / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.