Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73116 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
bukatyne:

Do you think this lady is treated like a child, if yes... why?

Just the idea of being given an allowance makes me feel so uneasy. Could be the fact that I'm of a certain age now and that I've enjoyed financial independence for so long but I just can't imagine being given pocketmoney. She is an equal in this relationship, and she should have a say on how the money is spent.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
LeView1:

Just the idea of being given an allowance makes me feel so uneasy. Could be the fact that I'm of a certain age now and that I've enjoyed financial independence for so long but I just can't imagine being given pocketmoney. She is an equal in this relationship, and she should have a say on how the money is spent.

I doubt a man would be considered equal in the house if he was dependent on the wife's salary. Am curious as to why he'd had to marry a student obviously this kinda issues will play out.

14 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bukatyne(f): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

Well, some women do not mind allowances and actually demand for it.

As for being an equal, it actually depends on the both of them. An equal will not inflate prices for drugs; she wouldn't be all about taking and spending but will want to understand what comes in, what goes out, how to manage the resources and increas their portfolio if possible.

As she ever discussed their financial projects with him? Does she know what his dreams and aspirations are financially? I am sorry but she has not carried herself as an equal (finanacially) in that marriage.

I saw a meme... 'It is a man's duty to respect a woman; it is a woman's duty to give him what to respect.'

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
bukatyne:

Well, some women do not mind allowances and actually demand for it.

As for being an equal, it actually depends on the both of them. An equal will not inflate prices for drugs; she wouldn't be all about taking and spending but will want to understand what comes in, what goes out, how to manage the resources and increas their portfolio if possible.

As she ever discussed their financial projects with him? Does she know what his dreams and aspirations are financially? I am sorry but she has not carried herself as an equal (finanacially) in that marriage.

I saw a meme... 'It is a man's duty to respect a woman; it is a woman's duty to give him what to respect.'

I absolutely I agree with you but their set up doesn't allow for that. The husband sounds like someone who has decided that he will take the lead and that her role in the marriage is to cook his meals and look after the child. He hasn't complained about her lack of input only her deception and how to "punish" her for it. It all sounds like a father and daughter relationship than a husband and wife imo. I'm all for what you said but that's not what the op wants.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bukatyne(f): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

I absolutely I agree with you but their set up doesn't allow for that. The husband sounds like someone who has decided that he will take the lead and that her role in the marriage is to cook his meals and look after the child. He hasn't complained about her lack of input only her deception and how to "punish" her for it. It all sounds like a father and daughter relationship than a husband and wife imo. I'm all for what you said but that's not what the op wants.

If they decided to have a father daughter relationship, we have no idea and can't say besides everyone picks what rocks their boat.

That aside, if the wife is financially responsible, the husband will 'respect' her more.

Let's face it; people will try to 'punish' a spouse that is not responsible esp. financially and sex.ually so that the 'erring' spouse understands they are hurting the other party and change.

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by baby124: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Op,
Let me first tell you well done for working so hard to provide for your family and stepping up to make sure your wife has all she needs. I must admit that your wife is somewhat greedy and wasteful. You first need to find out what she is spending her allowance on, so you know how to approach this issue. She obviously does not have any regard for money. You need to teach her how to spend money wisely. Otherwise if she grows older with such wasteful and deceptive attitude, you may end up running from her to preserve your life. The only time I support inflation of prices is in extreme situations where the women are treated badly and are housewives with no source of income.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Yawns

for her nt to show remorse over her behavior is quite disturbing but u have to put ur foot down and demand an apology from her or suspend her monthly allowance indefinitely.

What kind of an ingrate is dt nonsense

She gets over 30k from u as pocket money and will still do this?

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

What nonsense are you talking, such dishonesty shld nt be tolerated not when she is paid over 30k Monthly dt is pure stealing.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady

D major problem is nt dt she is a student, she is probably immature and greedy. Upon all the load u are carrying for her she will still think of hw to steal frm u. She is nt even thinking weather u ppl have savings or not, even if u give her 100k monthly she will collect n squander. Immaturity n greed dts d problem.

Marrying a student is liability raise to d power of 100. Money u go use buy land u use to pay sch fees

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
zaynie:

Never a mistake.
Always a lesson.
Move on from it, not like she is never going to graduate or get a job. Just hold the forte till she is able to help/support you.

She can support nw by nt stealing from him, they need to have some savings too
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

Not when she is still immature with a child brain, her attitude as described by op says it all
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Arijude(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
I pray that your marriage will not brake but there is no sense in paying your wife salary.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Arijude(m): 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro
hahahahaha , pieromania you don match on aboki shit.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mctowel01: 5:01am On Mar 24, 2017
divinelove:

D major problem is nt dt she is a student, she is probably immature and greedy. Upon all the load u are carrying for her she will still think of hw to steal frm u. She is nt even thinking weather u ppl have savings or not, even if u give her 100k monthly she will collect n squander. Immaturity n greed dts d problem.

Marrying a student is liability raise to d power of 100. Money u go use buy land u use to pay sch fees
Student who wont see much need to search for job cos "salary" is already coming. OP, like we said, I just pray that job you are using to sustain status quo spendings doesn't hit a rock. When you begin to tell her that things will be tough, will she understand?

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Jman06(m): 7:03am On Mar 24, 2017
You married a lazy woman...Pele

Those are the type that if anything happens to the man, the children will turn waywards.

The woman is obviously using the money to 'sort' herself through school which means she's not even academically sound.

Say no to women who can't hold their own.

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by divinelove(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2017
mctowel01:

Student who wont see much need to search for job cos "salary" is already coming. OP, like we said, I just pray that job you are using to sustain status quo spendings doesn't hit a rock. When you begin to tell her that things will be tough, will she understand?

Dnt even go there if op working place owes him three months salary and the family experiences little suffering dts when he will kws d woman he married.

A woman dt is immature and greedy is a disaster in marriage even some working class ladies are worst.

D wife may nt be cheating nw but I assure you she has toasters she is turning down esp if she is beautiful with big ass n boobs n still dresses like single girls.

Being a std anything can happen if d highest bidder shows esp if op is nt providing again but op shld nt let dt disturb him as going dt route will make him send her packing.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by spartan117(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
agabaI23:
Sit her down and find out why she is doing that.
I medal 4 u wink
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by gbishman: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
You are stupid man my friend, why would you not trust the wife you married.
You calling the hospital was quite petty.
Grow up dude.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ventq: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
bullshit
Dyt:
I add money too
And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you
But then how did you approach her

There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by balancediet(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
bro av be en thru ur peril exactly. Just accept ur fate and Love on.Its thé devil looking för u, no gree o. Just keep beeing patient and Good.goodluck
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by twinskenny(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Why are you paying her salary in the first place?? I don't understand

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Lerumo: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
We need to hear your wife's side of the story before we can pass judgement
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by karnap(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
thats his opinion ooo, i concur with the coment,she is heading to a wrong road.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ElSherriff: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros the .2 on the 17 is the very curious aspect Lmaooo. This is what women get for leaving us and marrying bookies. Decimal salary lobatan!
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by oseka101(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Get a shotgun lipsrsealed
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Woman and their wahala .
Trouble, everywhere they go.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by blackborn7(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Suspend her allowance for 3 months let her know that money is not plucked from the tree, i bet you after three months she will be loyal like a servant. what rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by HumanistMike(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:

I don't know if its just me but I found the repetition of 17.2% in your narration quite amusing. OP no vex oo lool. How did you come to the conclusion that its 17.2% she's entitled too loool.

So how much do u think she's entitled to then?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by femi4: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy
Go school , you no gree
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro
If your so called IJN is that effective why don't you take this to him if indeed you are a Christian and not a hypocrite? Why bring it to social media. You think uttering IJN is a magic formula like abracadabra? If you do not immunize your child against polio and go about shouting IJN ,What is that? It is fooolishness.

Your life is a reflection of your inner person. Whether your marriage breaks or survives depends on the two of you and not your superstitious invoking of meaningless and countless IJN.

Clearly the one think people like you hate to do is to THINK. Because if you can think you will know that your marriage crashed a long time ago that is if it ever took off. When you "wife" can lie to you about hospital bill for your child and when asked "responds rudely" then you need to realise that you have no marriage. Such a person can and will kill you. I suspect however that this whole story is just attention seeking fiction

5 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Wealth7(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too

Take note of the bolded
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lexy2014: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too

"There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy"

Just like Elijah was d cause of Jezebel's madness and greed...or who do we blame?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.