Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73106 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by analyticalman: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
bros, leave her.99% of the women do that.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Na you go go market by yourself go buy foodstuff abi.

Abi na you go buy baby food by yourself, baby food by yourself, cleaning items by yourself.

Nonsense.

When there are more important matters to trash out.

You want to punish her. Na secondary school she dey

My frien go and talk to your wife. I wonder what you will do when she pulls bigger stunts
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by SeniorZato(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Different kinds of people the exist ooo
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by HumanistMike(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
LeView1:

She is an equal in this relationship, and she should have a say on how the money is spent.

She is not his equal and should not have a say in how he's money is spent.

What was to give her a say is her earnings, not earning potential.

As long as she depends on another human to pay her way through life at the moment, she has no say in his expenditure choices. She can suggest, but has no final say!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by femi4: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy
Go school , you no gree

Part/Whole = β„…/100

Part = 17.2/100 * 175 = N30,100
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by adeoba2008(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
My wife does that too. At times she add extra cost to school fees.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by SmartyPants(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

The ability to steal and lie is bad

The ability to steal from, and lie to someone close to you is terrible

The ability to steal from, and lie from someone close to you and not see anything wrong with it at all, is almost irredeemable

It is the woman who is willing to let 11, 500 cost her her marriage. Stealing, lying and being rude to your husband over 11, 500 when by all accounts he takes care of the home well?

How do you women justify some things?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by tivta(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Look at all the so called women saying inflation is OK, yet complain when men cheat, love is truly commercialized in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by diva90: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Don't do that! You will create more tension and bigger problems. All these pple telling you to suspend her monthly allowance will not be there to save your marriage when there is fire on the mountain. Just talk to her and let her know that her response was rude and that you don't appreciate her behavior. Correct your wife wherever and when ever she errs. She's human and not perfect. That's what mature responsible men do. And as a spouse who loves his wife beyond limits, that's the way it should be. Use communication to resolve conflict. Same goes for your wife, when ever you do wrong she should be able to correct you and forgive you too.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Donald7610: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
You too look for extra money in your office after your salary
You've done that to your Parent, when you were in school boi

we need more money
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nuelton(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Report her to your pastor ASAP!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kulikuli45: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

Trust is a major ingredient for a successful marriage.
As you described, she is stealing from you, and you do not trust her.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by SmartyPants(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
adeoba2008:
My wife does that too. At times she add extra cost to school fees.

How do you deal with it? Or are you fine with it?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Elle277(f): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros take am easy, if she no chop your own, nah which person own she go chop?,,probably she don reason say you no go give at that point in time ,so she kukuma add money for you,,am not supporting her oh,,but try and find her reason, she must have one,,after all e get time when you dey spend carelessly on babes,,this one nah your wife joor,take am easy,don't forget to greet her for me oh..
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by salusworth(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
This is very easy. Teach her to be financially responsible. Yes she's a student and you fund her every needs doesn't mean she shouldn't being something to the table. From the way i see this, she's not comfortable with the percentage of your salary you're giving her despite the numerous costs your bear.

Here's the solution. Save some cash for her to start a side business learn a skill or trade. We have students who make dresses, cakes and catering as side hustle and income from that is used to support their stipends. Your wife shouldn't be an exception. Let her learn this skill and start a side business. Do your best to ensure she's stabilised and when the business begins to pick, shove some responsibilities at her e.g, NEPA bills, fuel, small repairs around the house, all other school needs minus school fees, and other basic home needs.

Look on the bright side, the only reason she stole from you is cos she doesn't wanna go get that money from some means you won't be pleased with.

You're​ allowed to be mad at her but teach her some financial responsibility. And pls don't discontinue her allowance. Let her have a side hustle.

Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by zynzyn(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Another one chance wife? undecided

Never allow a woman marry u for what you are earning!

5 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Claessique1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cutehector:
It will correct her senses! Pls go ahead..u have my support!

Ehnehn, see how you sharply dished out your comment.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaima1984(f): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you But then how did you approach her
There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy
sorry bae,,I don't do that,it means cheating urself

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Toks2008(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

I was in your shoes dude but now I know better.

Try to invest for her or cope with her nastiness.

I will never marry a lady who has no source of income no matter how small....in fact I would rather marry a village girl with something doing rather than a graduate that has nothing doing except she is ready to start something even if she makes no dime at the beginning. ..let her Sha do something.

6 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ehinmola(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

. Trusted like the fox
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Saintsquare(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
op surprise her, increase her salary to 20% and watch.her worship you ....even tho u are doing a good job she probably need more money.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by karnap(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro
WHY DID U BRING IT HERE,WHEN YOU THINK YOUR MARIAGE IS NOT GONNA CRASH,YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP,SHE IS AN INGRATE,AND VERY SOON,ANY WHERE MONEY IS LEAKING, SHE WILL GO AND STAND QUEUE THERE....AFONJA WOMEN TU FIAKWA
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Penisman: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
lilmax:
divorce is the only way right now, trust me
God punish you...
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by NorthernParrot: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:

I guess the op gives her 30k which is actually 17.14 % of his 175kpm. Unless he gives her 30.1k then it equals the 17.2%
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by jumpandpas(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Yes, he applied unskopsicious equilibroom that is Lai minus truth.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by femi4: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.
Fear God, this is almost 100β„… inflation. That's how stealing start and before you know it, she ll be looking for those that can pay. She lacks contentment
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by signified: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

smell the coffee brv! She's lost respect for you despite the huge % you give to make her happy and she's also lost trust in your judgement from the response you got when you confronted her with facts. If one don't respect or trust one, how do you claim to love one. Take the matter to God because it's beyond nairalanders. And like my friend quoted above that when a woman goes crazy, there is high % there is another man involved. Either at school or with an ex. It's just a stage in most marraiges.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ednut1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
how person wan take reason marriage with all this nonsense perform dey see. my salary pass op own, but i can barely save 50k from it. God forbid i marry a liability. chai

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaima1984(f): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
timokoko:
wow.... Ur wife is a big thief. Be a man by beating her mercilessly.I bet u she will nt do it again
kid spotted, any day he beats his wife,dats d day he cease t be a man,never beat a defenceless woman
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by oruma19: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pretend u didn't knw she liked money so much before u got married to her. Omo everybody with the cross wey him carry. My wife never returns any money I give her to keep for me. Whenever I ask for the money she gives me a detailed paper on how she spent it on the children and the entire household. I made up my mind never to lend money to her or give her for safe keeping unless I am ready to loose the cash. All man with him cross bro. Mine does not steal or cheat, she only uses any money she sees in the house afterall " na our money" grin grin grin to marry no be beans oooo. Let me not fail to say she has a business and also works and she spends all the cash in the house which is also very visible. Everybody get him own problem with money for. Manage ur own to help urself man ..

6 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by fuckpro: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
... You must be a banker or staff member of budget and allocation grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.