Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo (85089 Views)

12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo / Man Blasts His Daughter Over Her Profile Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by RaeMystix: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Both of my parents are on my whatsapp contact list,and my mom is my friend on facebook. The only down side are the constant whatsapp prayers, life lessons and nutritional news that my parents do send to me at every min. That's what parents are for. To annoy the hek out of you. Enjoy it why it last, cos some kids would love to get taunted by their parents.

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by crunchyg: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

I don't keep grudges
Thanks very much, never knew you have a good heart like this
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by deathmen12: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
when you become a mother you will understand her point
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
crunchyg:
Thanks very much, never knew you have a good heart like this
like seriously? am I dat bad?anyways ywc
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by crunchyg: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

like seriously? am I dat bad?anyways ywc
lol, not like that, anyways can I get to know you, I am james by name
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by maasoap(m): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

a thread was opened on dis same forum sometime ago about how a mother bathed her child with hot water,simply because she refused to go out and hawk sachet water like her mates.
That's not a correction but assault.
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Have gals smashed ur own skull before and u ran to mama? I guess yes.

coman beat me at my place of work tongue

Have gals smashed ur own skull before and u ran to mama? I guess yes.

coman beat me at my place of work
Let me laugh here because clearly, you didn't understand what I meant. Lol

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
maasoap:

Let me laugh here because clearly, you didn't understand what I meant. Lol

Oga,I lo wan lo.
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
maasoap:
That's not a correction but assault.
so wat will u call such a mother?a heaven sent mother abi?
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Rakiticbarca: 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Aderola15:

I don't believe that chat is real... Like you'll reply my mum's question with a question shocked shocked shocked grin grin. She's calling you that minute and you had better not ignore that call ooooo if you love yourself. sad
Exactly what I observed, it's not real.
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Ugosample(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
Sholeyb:
A lot of people are missing what is going on here. What I see is a child who is exasperated with her parents' constant "unwelcome interference" in her life. Her replies to her mother suggest to me, this is not the first time something like this is happening and she is fed up to the back teeth. This family can improve on their communication with each other;(1) her father communicates the way most nigerian fathers do, through their wives. The problem with this is,child(ren) do not really know their fathers and feel distant to him to the point of feeling and/or believing that their father has no moral justification to intrude in their lives. (2) the mother in my view was not fortright from the beginning; she did not seek clarification on the dress in a straightforward manner, she went about it in a manner that put the child on the defensive straightaway,i.e, this your gown on your dp, the child then defensively replies, what happened? That is the answer you give when you are unsure what is coming next. Perhaps if the mother had come out straight to say something like;' this your dress looks nice from the back but I hope it is not revealing/low at the front', the daughter would have had no choice but to confirm what the dress looks like wihout being defensive (3) the child has allowed her anger which is simmering underneath to sip into her relationship with her parents, she has not properly communicated to her parents what she is unhappy about. This is the typical nigeran family situation, children afraid to tell their parents exactly how they feel about issues for fear of being labelled rude. Both the mother and the child should have communicated better and I sincerely hope the parents hear properly what this child is saying to them and take the opportunity to deal with the issue. I also hope the daughter remembers that these are her parents who deserve her respect. We parents must never forget that when our children find it hard to include us in their circle, we have lost them.Our children should feel free to have us as contacts on FB, snapchat, instagram,watsapp etc.

You have a point
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
Now I don't understand why she shared this,
Can someone tell me what she intended to hear by sharing this..
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by mykelmeezy: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Kakamorufu:
ya mad. I wish to see your reaction when next your daughter replies you like dis.

I would train my daughter well...i.e to an extent she'll want my advise on things instead of me going to my wife to advice her
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Kakamorufu(m): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
mykelmeezy:

I would train my daughter well...i.e to an extent she'll want my advise on things instead of me going to my wife to advice her

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by airex(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
when you become a mother you will understand her point
nice..nice... Nice.. U have spoken well
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by ThefemaleKing: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Damn gurl. Are u sure she is ur biological mother? If she can talk to her mum that way it means she is extremely rude.

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Ademoore07(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
Smellymouth:
My parents nor fit dey my whatsapp contact sha.
I got a Facebook request from my dad years ago, I spent close to a minute staring at my phone like===>

Lol.... I thought I was the only one with such problem grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Zico5(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Trust our Nigerian parents and their monitoring spirit syndrome, although They were only performing their duties as parents,but sometimes they over step their bounds.
U are a fool, ur parents overstep their bounds. U are a bastard for real. If possibly u are from the south west then I can say ur parents are careless one but if not u are just a disgrace to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by sheyinoni(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
mykelmeezy:

please stfu mr home training

in Africa we take this respect ish too far

her mood determined her reply

i.e she really needed no bs from anybody not even her parent at that time

you can clearly see shes fed up with her dad lack of direct communication with her

I checked ur profile to see if I could see the face of a poorly raised child,but I couldn't.
Mood or no mood how dare u,I even blame the mum for going on with the conversation after the very first response. Nonsense I feel like beating u and that stupid brat (OP) on behalf of ur parents. angry Gosh am so mad at ur response,ur own pain me pass the female donkey Opeyemi

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by afemgbosey(m): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
Why waste my data? She shouldn't feel bad when her daughters and grand daughters respond to her in worse manner. Such ladies can hardly take that from a guy especially if she is richer or a celebrity . even if parents are over concerned, she ought to know her boundaries. Lots of children received curses rather than blessings

Omo alaigbeko.

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by afemgbosey(m): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
Sholeyb:
A lot of people are missing what is going on here. What I see is a child who is exasperated with her parents' constant "unwelcome interference" in her life. Her replies to her mother suggest to me, this is not the first time something like this is happening and she is fed up to the back teeth. This family can improve on their communication with each other;(1) her father communicates the way most nigerian fathers do, through their wives. The problem with this is,child(ren) do not really know their fathers and feel distant to him to the point of feeling and/or believing that their father has no moral justification to intrude in their lives. (2) the mother in my view was not fortright from the beginning; she did not seek clarification on the dress in a straightforward manner, she went about it in a manner that put the child on the defensive straightaway,i.e, this your gown on your dp, the child then defensively replies, what happened? That is the answer you give when you are unsure what is coming next. Perhaps if the mother had come out straight to say something like;' this your dress looks nice from the back but I hope it is not revealing/low at the front', the daughter would have had no choice but to confirm what the dress looks like wihout being defensive (3) the child has allowed her anger which is simmering underneath to sip into her relationship with her parents, she has not properly communicated to her parents what she is unhappy about. This is the typical nigeran family situation, children afraid to tell their parents exactly how they feel about issues for fear of being labelled rude. Both the mother and the child should have communicated better and I sincerely hope the parents hear properly what this child is saying to them and take the opportunity to deal with the issue. I also hope the daughter remembers that these are her parents who deserve her respect. We parents must never forget that when our children find it hard to include us in their circle, we have lost them.Our children should feel free to have us as contacts on FB, snapchat, instagram,watsapp etc.

Please where you the lady or mother ? How come you judge like you know the family like generational curse?
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Sholeyb: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
I am actually a parent. I have not negatively judged the family but rather made observations from the exchange between mother and child and I also suggested ways to deal with it. You may not agree with what I have to say, but there is absolutely no need to make rude remarks. By God's grace, I have and will continue to have an excellent relationship with my children.

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by afemgbosey(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Sholeyb:
I am actually a parent. I have not negatively judged the family but rather made observations from the exchange between mother and child and I also suggested ways to deal with it. You may not agree with what I have to say, but there is absolutely no need to make rude remarks. By God's grace, I have and will continue to have an excellent relationship with my children.

Sorry. Post edited. Maybe I posted too much

1 Like

Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by SuccesYear: 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
I'll mind my buzz
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by missnawty(f): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
Smellymouth:
My parents nor fit dey my whatsapp contact sha.
I got a Facebook request from my dad years ago, I spent close to a minute staring at my phone like===>
smelly undecided
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Smellymouth: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
missnawty:
smelly undecided
Nawty. Howdy?
Pls tell hateu2 not to be upset with me joor. I mistakenly spoilt my Fone.
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
Smellymouth:

Nawty. Howdy?
Pls tell hateu32 not to be upset with me joor. I mistakenly spoilt my Fone.
kilode
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by missnawty(f): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
Smellymouth:

Nawty. Howdy?
Pls tell hateu2 not to be upset with me joor. I mistakenly spoilt my Fone.
u!!!!!!!!!!!!!
undecided

Hateu2
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Smellymouth: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
HateU2:
kilode

Hawayu?
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
missnawty:
u!!!!!!!!!!!!!
undecided

Hateu22
se ko si undecided
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Smellymouth: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
missnawty:
u!!!!!!!!!!!!!
undecided

Hateu2

Warrapen?
Re: Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Smellymouth:

Hawayu?
hawaii ni angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Sits At The Back Of A Toyota-Hilux In Abuja (Photos) / You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.