Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. (31899 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / How Come Women In My Family Don't Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by SmartMugu: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bro, start thinking differently. You said you love her, what's ur idea of love? A pretty woman with a cute face, some bum and titties u can feel good about after marrying her?
Have you heard of women making a complete u-turn to become a completely different person from what you thought u fell in love with as soon as u put a ring on their finger or they have a baby by you?
Bro, be smart, and not a mugu. What happened to her first baby-daddy? So, you'd prefer being a husband to her versus being her next baby-daddy if we want to take it that way.
You said she's 22, I'm assuming ure in ur 20's too. Why is marriage #1 on your mind now? Are you of one of our notorious tribes known for marrying women that haven't gotten to that age they can differentiate their left from right?

Calm down bro. Don't get tied down by someone in that crap termed 'love', else you may end up regretting ur actions for years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Montaque(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Whatever happens, don't ignore family on this one.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by mayoor15(m): 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
If you ask me, na who I go ask, follow your heart but make your family understands that you need to be happy, but hold on till they give you guys the go ahead even if it takes 2-3 years, never marry without their consent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Friedyokes: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Story upon story
If you truly love her n she's the right person for u, you will show ur parents reasons why you want her n they will be convinced she's the one for u unless if she ain't the one for u den u won't know how to fight for her.

Check my signature
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by chukwudi3(m): 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Put your self in your parent's shoes, would you allow your child who has had a child before??Think very hard before answering the question.
maybe u are too young for dis

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by lovingyouhun: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hmmmmm, if you truly love her and know she is the only woman you can spend the rest of your life with then try and convince your family before going further with the wedding plans. Some single mums will want to avoid what ruined their first relationship and become better mummy and Wife. Do not marry out of pity, choose wisely
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by aolawale025: 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Do what your family says
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ma Broda Just Go To God In Prayers and Watch Hw Tins Will Turn Around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Dyt(f): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pls let her go
Don't waste her time
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by franzis(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
so sad we live in a society that is too quick to judge and castigate single mothers, but celebrate single fathers

7 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by snowblaq(f): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
alobright17:
Should we marry her for you?
....i just tire
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nne5:
She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.

That should be your decision.

Why are you now 'fearing'

Except you think your FAM would influence your decision but don't allow them do that.

that's a VERY VERY BAD ADVICE.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by muhakeem(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
another lagoon option... pls don't choose to ki yhasef o
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by ElsonMorali: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Family is important. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

You shouldn't have hidden that fact from your family.

Now to them it looks like she's manipulating you.

Give them time to come to terms with the info.

But let them know that she's your choice regardless.

Stick by her. She didn't abort the child, otherwise you wouldn't have known.

We make mistakes. No one is immune.

Marry her.

8 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by chukwudi3(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color][quote author=Harun111 post=54892447]I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by clemmonce(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
alobright17:
Should we marry her for you?
when someone come online for advice please and please if you dont have anything to say keep quiet. the poster is confuse and the best you could say is this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
BleSSedMee:
I understand your fears OP. But the truth is if you really love her, then you should put your foot down. You are the one who's going to live with her, not your family.

The only downside is your family might result to mistreating her which can cause friction in your home.

But from your write up it seems you are still very young. Am I wrong?

U are obviously a single that's why you'll give this kind of advice.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by chimavalentine(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
reason with ur family,convince them abt d love u HV for d girl,the baby they are rejecting might be a millionaire in d future,don't please ur family to displease urself

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by BBBlaze: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
u have to b a man n attend dat meeting first, buh speak ur mind n let everyone see reasons wit u on y u choose dat girl, irrespective of her past. d outcome of d meeting will determine d next line of action...buh u really nid to open up totally to d girl d new turn of events bfor n afta d meeting.gudluck!

moral;
always tell ur parents everytin abt d woman u tend to get married to, frm d onset, to avoid d ugly turn of events.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by kullozone(m): 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Epositive:

that's a different issue entirely.... even without family, they still have people they call family... be it close friends or guardians...

bottom line is when you think, you think family also(it's very important) ... micheal j fox once said;

"family is not an important thing, it's everything"

#positivevibes

At the end of it all, they (family) won't live your life for you.
One should always consider his/her family's opinion, but if my decision is what I'm sure would make me happy, I would do it.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by limitless777(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Epositive:

you guys are advising him against his family/parents right? smh

it's his life tho, but future complications await him if he continues that relationship

#positivevibes

U are the BEST. the VERY BEST.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by CCDav1: 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..

First I want you know that love alone does not sustain marriage .Its an institution of which many faculties and departments are in..It do happen like this cus our families want the best for us..Don't fight your family but proof to them beyond reasonable doubt that she is really a wife material.. I'm sure you wouldn't have expected your family to stand up and clap for I.e endorsing ur choice..Find out what led to her taking in..trace her leneage and go into dialogue with your family..
But Are you really ready for marriage?
Wish you all the best and above all pray and hear God if ur a Christian but don't be deceived by ur emotions and instinct.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by bishopken: 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Guy my question is, are you ready to marry? If yes, go ahead and marry your love. But get ready for the unknown.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by emerged01(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sometimes when we are to take a decision our family has right to help us decide. The girl is not only marrying you but she is about to marry the whole family. If things doesn't go well between your wife and your parents in the future,it is going to be a great problem. So I will advice you to consider your family stand on this issue.And if there is a way you can let them see the good side of your girlfriend so that they can go ahead with you on this issue you can do it
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Dom2020: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
I met this 22 years old girl 1 year ago. We both got along and decided to settle down together.when we met she told me her past and one of the thing she told me about her past is she had a baby when she was 15years. She asked me if my family will allow me to marry her I said that should be my decision.i went ahead to Introduced her to my family which all of them accepted her.but recently my younger brother finds out she once gave birth,he then went ahead to tell my family about it. and they have called the family meeting which I was asked to appear on Sunday.my problem here is I love her so much and we are planning to settle down together this year and my family will want to stop me from marrying her.most her things her in my house. Am kinda confused I don't know Wat to do. Am going through some emotional pains rite now. I don't know if I should tell her, any time she calls my heart beat. Please I need ur advice..
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by clemmonce(m): 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
op I sympathise with you. Here is my advice. Try to convince your family tell them you know what you doing. Give them reasons why you think she is the one for you. Talk to your mum privately , sit your brothers or sisters down talk to them and give them instances and reasons why is a wife material. They will listen.
We come from the same kind of family where we love each other so well. They just want the best for you. it reminds of a girl I was about to woo some years ago immediately my elder sis saw her she told me immediately that the girl is not good for and so on. She did not let rest thats how strong the family bond is. Talk to them they will listen.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Icaretoo: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Put your self in your parent's shoes, would you allow your child who has had a child before??Think very hard before answering the question.

Excuse you..
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by kullozone(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Ok. cool cool

"ok" for what
So this your mumu never still stop?
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by GboyegaD(m): 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
You bear the cross of whatever your marital outcome is so why allow any one decide who you marry? If you are convinced she has what you want in her, then go ahead.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by yommen: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
AntiWailer:
Try to convince them.

If you can't, Listen to your parents.

Well I'm tending towards a relationship with a girl of same case. I sought advice from my boss and he gave me a piece of advice which I found a lot of sense in. The truth is she had an option of abortion but she didnt. She would have aborted and no body would know. You will marry such a girl and there would be problems having children. She made a choice to have the child although it was a difficult one which I think is best for her. You have a choice.

5 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by chukwudi3(m): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
At least she is tested nd trusted. Better than many gals out there DAT has done uncountable abortions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Before You Marry A Military Man / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court / Help, I'm An Alcoholic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.